Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend the WRFL celebrates the contribution that women make to the competition. Whether it is in administration, training, canteen duties, physio, or team managing the league would not be the same without them. To acknowledge this contribution senior and junior players and umpires will wear pink laces with all money raised for their sale going to the WRFL Women’s Football Foundation who will distribute it to Women’s Health West. The Spotswood Football Club is embracing the women’s round by having Peta Searle (pictured with Spotswood coach Ben Kelly) as one of its coaches for the game against Sunshine. Peta is the senior coach of the Darebin Falcons in the VWFL and have won the last four premierships. Spotswood are currently favourites to take out their fourth flag in a row and this weeks game is a real test.

Geez i thought it was April 1 when i read the above, must have to do with $$$$ ????[/quote]

nothing to do with $$$$, there is no money involved. Just an idea that the league put forward to us and that we were happy to be involved with. Peta has been involved for the past few games helping out coaching on the bench. Is a successful coach in her own right and knows what she is talking about!

This weekend the WRFL celebrates the contribution that women make to the competition. Whether it is in administration, training, canteen duties, physio, or team managing the league would not be the same without them. To acknowledge this contribution senior and junior players and umpires will wear pink laces with all money raised for their sale going to the WRFL Women’s Football Foundation who will distribute it to Women’s Health West. The Spotswood Football Club is embracing the women’s round by having Peta Searle (pictured with Spotswood coach Ben Kelly) as one of its coaches for the game against Sunshine. Peta is the senior coach of the Darebin Falcons in the VWFL and have won the last four premierships. Spotswood are currently favourites to take out their fourth flag in a row and this weeks game is a real test.

Geez i thought it was April 1 when i read the above, must have to do with $$$$ ????

yeah she is taking logans match fee for this game, hopefully she can hold a whiteboard and crack the sads as good as him....could be a full time replacement hopefully

Pretty big call. Not sure how many people outside of Altona would agree with this.

We will find if Altona will be a force in the next couple weeks, playing last years top 5 in the next 5 rounds. IF Altona is to come out with 2-3 wins of the next 5, finals would be a big chance, as it would be possible, that come the end of round 13; Altona will be 11-2 or 10-3(if they can repeat the first 4 victories of the year)!
All buts atm, but i rekon Altona can push the likes of Hoppers and Albion...
I geuss we will find out over the next couple weeks!!

We will find if Altona will be a force in the next couple weeks, playing last years top 5 in the next 5 rounds. IF Altona is to come out with 2-3 wins of the next 5, finals would be a big chance, as it would be possible, that come the end of round 13; Altona will be 11-2 or 10-3(if they can repeat the first 4 victories of the year)!
All buts atm, but i rekon Altona can push the likes of Hoppers and Albion...
I geuss we will find out over the next couple weeks!!

Pretty big IF

On what I have seen in the firts 4 weeks Altona are still a fair way off both Sunshine and Hoppers. They are an improved team though and it would not be a major shock to see them knock of one of last years top 5 but knocking off 3 of them just won't happen.

nothing to do with $$$$, there is no money involved. Just an idea that the league put forward to us and that we were happy to be involved with. Peta has been involved for the past few games helping out coaching on the bench. Is a successful coach in her own right and knows what she is talking about![/quote]

so the league has come up to the SFC, said, oh it would be great for the image of the game if we could get Peta involved on your coaching staff as she has coached Darebin to past premierships, and you agree to this without receiving any benefits, i doubt that very much!!

Can anyone tell me how Big Boy Brett Jacobs is going over at sunshine? Certainly not much to look at in the showers at the Colts now that he and the hose have moved on :p

I see spotty as a club that you hate if not supporting them, (jealousy comes to mind) but if you do then you love them. A bit like collingwood. A successful club you love to hate. Well done rayzor18 for what you have done for spotty and also the league. If only more players could be like you then the league and clubs would be in a better position. Also I beleive you play for the love of the game and club and don't receive match payments, congratulations keep up the good work. All this talk in the media about money ruining local football does not apply to you, would be good to see others follow instead of trying to rape clubs.
Wouldn't you say the same for the Colts then Rogers? A successful club you love to hate?

nothing to do with $$$$, there is no money involved. Just an idea that the league put forward to us and that we were happy to be involved with. Peta has been involved for the past few games helping out coaching on the bench. Is a successful coach in her own right and knows what she is talking about!

so the league has come up to the SFC, said, oh it would be great for the image of the game if we could get Peta involved on your coaching staff as she has coached Darebin to past premierships, and you agree to this without receiving any benefits, i doubt that very much!![/quote]

Sounds like some1 has a problem with women being involved with football clubs or maybe you just struggle with ladies full stop! Peta has been great around the club over the last few weeks at training and on the bench game days and i cant wait for her to have a real input this week as our forward coach...... she is chasing her 4th or 5th straight flag this year with her own team not a bad CV if you ask me and yeah there is no benefits or cash coming our way, its just another way the S.F.C is staying ahead of the other clubs in the W.R.F.L. Why dont you come to the game this week mate and have a listen, you may learn something instead of using throw away lines like the SFC is doing it for cash and so on..........

Interesting week on Big Footy with some outlandish statements. This week is a pearler and has the potential to impact on clubs seasons no doubt.

Albion Vs Port Colts - Julier to dominate and Albions lack of forwards to hurt.
Hoppers Vs Altona - Home Game will result in a win but Miles creates good interest around this game.
Heights Vs St. Albans - Heights at home
Sunshine Vs Spotswood - I'll back the Kangas in a great game of local footy and hopefully a big crowd.
West Vs Glenorden - No idea why???

Good Luck to all:thumbsu:

Heard Altona will have a video camera on Miles for the entire game on Saturday. Expect a physical game but hope it is played in the right spirit. Big ground will suit the Altona runners a lot better than the small ground at heights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me how Big Boy Brett Jacobs is going over at sunshine? Certainly not much to look at in the showers at the Colts now that he and the hose have moved on :p

Mate

Brett has fitted in really well and I think the club has supported Brett fantastic as a 1st year coach. He has the entire support of the playing group and I have not heard one negative from any players (yet). In terms of supporters I think it is unaminous that everyone is right behind him and feel he is doing a great job. Only early days but he is very level headed and there is no-one getting carried away at the club.:thumbsu:

In terms of his python can not comment, but there are a couple of donkeys that he'd have a challenge with:D

so the league has come up to the SFC, said, oh it would be great for the image of the game if we could get Peta involved on your coaching staff as she has coached Darebin to past premierships, and you agree to this without receiving any benefits, i doubt that very much!!

Sounds like some1 has a problem with women being involved with football clubs or maybe you just struggle with ladies full stop! Peta has been great around the club over the last few weeks at training and on the bench game days and i cant wait for her to have a real input this week as our forward coach...... she is chasing her 4th or 5th straight flag this year with her own team not a bad CV if you ask me and yeah there is no benefits or cash coming our way, its just another way the S.F.C is staying ahead of the other clubs in the W.R.F.L. Why dont you come to the game this week mate and have a listen, you may learn something instead of using throw away lines like the SFC is doing it for cash and so on..........[/quote]

i dont have a problem with woman or the SFC, but who i do have a problem with is the wrfl, why were SFC the only club to have a crack at her, when , as you say, the SFC is staying ahead of the other clubs, which it is based on success. And here is the WRFL having a forum on how to fix the gap between top and bottom teams and if she is as good as you say she is, why would they give you the only opportunity, shouldnt of West Footscray of been given the first crack?
So if the benefit for SFC is the use of her service wouldnt that make the WRFL hypocrits??

bringing a coach in (male or female) for a guest/ promotional role, could only be done at a club that is settled both on and off the field.

So if take out clubs that are struggling, or have first year coaches, doesnt leave many teams to choose from.

Congrats to SFC and Ben Kelly for embracing the theme, and good luck Peta

bringing a coach in (male or female) for a guest/ promotional role, could only be done at a club that is settled both on and off the field.

So if take out clubs that are struggling, or have first year coaches, doesnt leave many teams to choose from.

Congrats to SFC and Ben Kelly for embracing the theme, and good luck Peta

like i said, its about the wrfl, but if u want to go on about the club, isnt this the club thats been involved in 3 massive indiscretions, 2 of them involving spectators, in the past few years!!

WTF? its not Kevin Sheedy coming down to help a struggling team for a puff piece on channel seven news mate, its to show grass roots footy has women involved in all levels of the game. you could dig up dirt on every team in this league, if you want to dwell on negatives.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

WTF? its not Kevin Sheedy coming down to help a struggling team for a puff piece on channel seven news mate, its to show grass roots footy has women involved in all levels of the game. you could dig up dirt on every team in this league, if you want to dwell on negatives.

so am i, but not when it comes to the WRFL!!

I agree with you red balls (bizza), although I love to hate Spotty good on them for accepting Peta and the challenge of having a new face in the coaching ranks, as it could be a disruption having someone new come in at this stage of the season and Spotty have made it work.

Sounds like some1 has a problem with women being involved with football clubs or maybe you just struggle with ladies full stop! Peta has been great around the club over the last few weeks at training and on the bench game days and i cant wait for her to have a real input this week as our forward coach...... she is chasing her 4th or 5th straight flag this year with her own team not a bad CV if you ask me and yeah there is no benefits or cash coming our way, its just another way the S.F.C is staying ahead of the other clubs in the W.R.F.L. Why dont you come to the game this week mate and have a listen, you may learn something instead of using throw away lines like the SFC is doing it for cash and so on..........

i dont have a problem with woman or the SFC, but who i do have a problem with is the wrfl, why were SFC the only club to have a crack at her, when , as you say, the SFC is staying ahead of the other clubs, which it is based on success. And here is the WRFL having a forum on how to fix the gap between top and bottom teams and if she is as good as you say she is, why would they give you the only opportunity, shouldnt of West Footscray of been given the first crack?
So if the benefit for SFC is the use of her service wouldnt that make the WRFL hypocrits??[/quote]

Let me set you straight and everyone else for that matter.
The Spotswood FC made the decission to ask if Peta Searle would like to be involved in our Round 5 Match the "Women in Football Round"
Peta is the sister of a Sponsor of the SFC and we began talks to her after consultation with Senior Coach Ben Kelly about the idea of having a guest coach for the day.
Peta has been involved in football a long time and she knows what she is talking about, the team she currently coaches has not lost a game since 2006 Semi-Final and has won the past 4 Premierships.
The WRFL has nothing to do with this, it is just the Spotswood Football Club who has decided to embrace the women in football round by making this appointment, an initiative that has people talking about Spotty again and the sponsors love that.
From what I understand there has not ever been a female coach or assistant coach appointed in the FDFL/WRFL for a Senior Div 1 team, (I stand to be corrected)
Lets see how things go tommorrow.
Go Spotty

So if the benefit for SFC is the use of her service wouldnt that make the WRFL hypocrits??

Let me set you straight and everyone else for that matter.
The Spotswood FC made the decission to ask if Peta Searle would like to be involved in our Round 5 Match the "Women in Football Round"
Peta is the sister of a Sponsor of the SFC and we began talks to her after consultation with Senior Coach Ben Kelly about the idea of having a guest coach for the day.
Peta has been involved in football a long time and she knows what she is talking about, the team she currently coaches has not lost a game since 2006 Semi-Final and has won the past 4 Premierships.
The WRFL has nothing to do with this, it is just the Spotswood Football Club who has decided to embrace the women in football round by making this appointment, an initiative that has people talking about Spotty again and the sponsors love that.
From what I understand there has not ever been a female coach or assistant coach appointed in the FDFL/WRFL for a Senior Div 1 team, (I stand to be corrected)
Lets see how things go tommorrow.
Go Spotty[/quote]

thank you

Back onto the footy side of thing... Congratulations to Benny Davis of the Sunshine Kanagroos who is playing his 350 game with the club. Talk about true club man Ben is just that, having played all his juniors, captained the club, had a 2 year lay off with bad knees and has made his way back into the ones last game and again this week. Well done benny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back