Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Altona will have a video camera on Miles for the entire game on Saturday. Expect a physical game but hope it is played in the right spirit. Big ground will suit the Altona runners a lot better than the small ground at heights.

I think you may have got it wrong, Altona aren't the one's who have organised the camera it was Reece, he is a pretty big fan of the way he goes about things, just wants to be able to go home at night and watch his masterful performances. I'm sure the Altona boys will have worked him out by now.

[quote=SuperSaturdays;17670586]Back onto the footy side of thing... Congratulations to Benny Davis of the Sunshine Kanagroos who is playing his 350 game with the club. Talk about true club man Ben is just that, having played all his juniors, captained the club, had a 2 year lay off with bad knees and has made his way back into the ones last game and again this week. Well done benny.[/quote]

Well put - Awesome Benny and welcome to the 350 club. Commonly respected by all in the league and to acheive it is true representation of courage & determination that is Ben Davis.:thumbsu: Kick #ss tomorrow

I think you may have got it wrong, Altona aren't the one's who have organised the camera it was Reece, he is a pretty big fan of the way he goes about things, just wants to be able to go home at night and watch his masterful performances. I'm sure the Altona boys will have worked him out by now.

hahahah!!! probably right!!!!

Probably best round of football this weekend, outside of finals
West by 32, Glenorden finished in Div 1
Heights by 15 over St Albans
Spotty by (what is suppose to be match of round) 58 over Sunshine
Colts to finish Albions hopes, good bye Harro, 37 points
Hoppers by 25 against Altona

Average winning margin 33 points, a lot better than round 1

Big round of footy. I am sure most would agree that rounds consisting of even matches would throughout is something this league is crying out for. All the best to all teams and lets hope we can have a few results similar to the Heights/Altona game of last week. (without the confusion of who actually won;))

Tips for the week are
Spotty to get up and knock Sunshine off by 30 points. Well done to Ben and the club for getting Peta into coach. Just another great initiatve from what is becoming a very powerfull club on and off the field.

Colts to send the cats into further turmoil by knocking them off by 10 points. The cats will be desprate for a win, hopefully they can to breath life into the race for a finals spot other wise the 5 could nearly be settled.

Hoppers to give Altona a touch up, 45 points, I think Altona may realise how far off they still are from the big time. Looked to have made the jump from lower ranked teams to middle of the ladder ranked teams. A win tho for them and a lose to Albion will all but seal their fate into finals footy.

Heights in a close one over the saints. Did anything actaully eventuate for number 8 from saints, (may have been posted already, sorry if someone repeats it) Heights by 6 points

In the battle for survival I am going for west, they seem to have a lot more spirit and gusto to them then Glenordinary. West by a point:eek:

Good luck to all!

Spotty by 19 over Sunshine these two normally don't have big blow outs should be good midfield battle all day

Colts by 75 over Albion play very well at albions ground over recent years and now finding form will do it easy

Altona by 4 over Hoppers altona to shake up the comp

Heights by 18 over Stalbans heights on the rise should knock off an out of form saints

West by 40 over Glenorden pencil this one in glenorden are the WORST club in the leauge!

closest round of the year.

Spotty by 19 over Sunshine these two normally don't have big blow outs should be good midfield battle all day

Colts by 75 over Albion play very well at albions ground over recent years and now finding form will do it easy

Altona by 4 over Hoppers altona to shake up the comp

Heights by 18 over Stalbans heights on the rise should knock off an out of form saints

West by 40 over Glenorden pencil this one in glenorden are the WORST club in the leauge!

closest round of the year.

well colt 08 havent you made a fool of yourself glen orden worst team of the league what a joke that was. good round of footy big upset sunshine by 12 over spotty hoppers only winning by 1.
and albion defeats port colts by 15 well done to them.

well colt 08 havent you made a fool of yourself glen orden worst team of the league what a joke that was. good round of footy big upset sunshine by 12 over spotty hoppers only winning by 1.
and albion defeats port colts by 15 well done to them.

and heights over st albans?? Never going to happen!

Big round of footy. I am sure most would agree that rounds consisting of even matches would throughout is something this league is crying out for. All the best to all teams and lets hope we can have a few results similar to the Heights/Altona game of last week. (without the confusion of who actually won;))

Tips for the week are
Spotty to get up and knock Sunshine off by 30 points. Well done to Ben and the club for getting Peta into coach. Just another great initiatve from what is becoming a very powerfull club on and off the field.

Colts to send the cats into further turmoil by knocking them off by 10 points. The cats will be desprate for a win, hopefully they can to breath life into the race for a finals spot other wise the 5 could nearly be settled.

Hoppers to give Altona a touch up, 45 points, I think Altona may realise how far off they still are from the big time. Looked to have made the jump from lower ranked teams to middle of the ladder ranked teams. A win tho for them and a lose to Albion will all but seal their fate into finals footy.

Heights in a close one over the saints. Did anything actaully eventuate for number 8 from saints, (may have been posted already, sorry if someone repeats it) Heights by 6 points

In the battle for survival I am going for west, they seem to have a lot more spirit and gusto to them then Glenordinary. West by a point:eek:

Good luck to all!

What would be the odds to get all of todays results. Personally wathced the h/xing v altona and most spectators were saying the best team lost. Cant agree, because if you give away 4 goals in the first half through stupid free kicks and 50mt penalties, then miss 3 set shots from inside 50 in the last quarter then you dont deserve to win. certainly one of the most entertaining games Ive watched in the WRFL for a few years but not the highest in terms of skill level. seems Altona will certainly have a say in the final 5 this year if they can get the silly mistakes out of thier game. Well done to both sides. Must say the Hoppers footy manager on the radio after the game is full of shit and Hoppers did not dominate the game in the second half, especially the game I watched.

Heard on the grapevine in the last week that a certain premiership player maybe coming back to the colts mid year?

anyone care to enlighten us?

Good game down at Sunshine with the Kanga's coming out victors. Harrison was good, Wiggins was good, Sunshine moved the ball well and kept fighting even when Spotty kept coming at them. Benny Davis playing his 350 was impressive - still alot left in the old war horse. Very good win by the kangas - and the ladies weren't half bad either for for ladies day haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would be the odds to get all of todays results. Personally wathced the h/xing v altona and most spectators were saying the best team lost. Cant agree, because if you give away 4 goals in the first half through stupid free kicks and 50mt penalties, then miss 3 set shots from inside 50 in the last quarter then you dont deserve to win. certainly one of the most entertaining games Ive watched in the WRFL for a few years but not the highest in terms of skill level. seems Altona will certainly have a say in the final 5 this year if they can get the silly mistakes out of thier game. Well done to both sides. Must say the Hoppers footy manager on the radio after the game is full of shit and Hoppers did not dominate the game in the second half, especially the game I watched.

From what I saw at the game Hoppers were playing half of their reserve team in the 1's, I asked the question to one of the players and I was spot on, 10 of the starting 18 were out due to injury and lost another 2 during the 1st qtr. I don't agree with Altona being a force because of that, but do agree it was an entertaining game and a very quick one at it.

From what I saw at the game Hoppers were playing half of their reserve team in the 1's, I asked the question to one of the players and I was spot on, 10 of the starting 18 were out due to injury and lost another 2 during the 1st qtr. I don't agree with Altona being a force because of that, but do agree it was an entertaining game and a very quick one at it.

may be exagerated a bit considering 15 of the players in saturdays side have played all games, another had played 4 and 1 of the inclusions was murphy so good effort by altona

Does anyone know if Mangion took automatic or is going to the tribunal on Monday after being red carded?? Very important time of the game when this happened off the play. Cost a goal with about 15 minutes t go in the last qtr and spotty were on a run

West footscray what a let down!!!

Things are not looking good for the roosters going down to a very poor team in glenorden west have a long way to go to get back to being a once top team in the wrfl.

Glenorden were no good its just west were not any better it must be hard for the boys at west but i beleive they r at thier lowest point and if they can get through this year with a few wins the club will be alright

its hard to get a settle team when over 25 players leave every year coach changes every year captain changers every year over the last few years the club has had to rely on uni students aboriganals and rugby players now the club has a base of local products who they will give games to West have nothing to lose no more SO look OUT Lee phipps has been a standout MJ is no doubt 1 of the best tap ruckmen in the comp

may be exagerated a bit considering 15 of the players in saturdays side have played all games, another had played 4 and 1 of the inclusions was murphy so good effort by altona

Slightly exagerated, we had 7 out of our strongest 22 which is a pretty big chunk out of anyones team. Great to have Murph back a firing. We will get 2 or 3 back this week and then another 3 back the week after.

Altona have a lot of outs aswell?
Brett Miller, Brett Sheils, Aaron Freeland, Ziggy Zadour and Simon Hicks ... Plus 4 VFL players that played most of the first 4 games; Sam Mason, Lee Spiteri, Dion Lawson and Jordan Robbins...
That is 5 of the starting 22, or 9 if you want to include the VFL listed players
I dont think you can say; Altona losing to Hoppers by a point, was due only to Hoppers outs, as Altona had qaulity outs aswell...
Altona played great footy, but essentially due to giving away needless 50 metre penalties, cost them the game.

Good game down at Sunshine with the Kanga's coming out victors. Harrison was good, Wiggins was good, Sunshine moved the ball well and kept fighting even when Spotty kept coming at them. Benny Davis playing his 350 was impressive - still alot left in the old war horse. Very good win by the kangas - and the ladies weren't half bad either for for ladies day haha

i heard about an incident where somebody from sunshine's bench (not a player) ran onto the ground and attacked the big rayzor.....anything in it....????

Brett Miller, Brett Sheils, Aaron Freeland, Ziggy Zadour and Simon Hicks ... Plus 4 VFL players that played most of the first 4 games; Sam Mason, Lee Spiteri, Dion Lawson and Jordan Robbins...
That is 5 of the starting 22, or 9 if you want to include the VFL listed players
I dont think you can say; Altona losing to Hoppers by a point, was due only to Hoppers outs, as Altona had qaulity outs aswell...
Altona played great footy, but essentially due to giving away needless 50 metre penalties, cost them the game.

Out of all those names i've only heard of 1 Freeland and for VFL players if they are not getting a game in the VFL reserves then they musn't be much chop either.

So it was 2 50mtr penalties in the 2nd qtr that cost Altona the game:confused: good point you make there:thumbsdown:. Let's see how you go against Sunshine this week, when we played Sunshine we had close to our full team in and won.

Does anyone know if Mangion took automatic or is going to the tribunal on Monday after being red carded?? Very important time of the game when this happened off the play. Cost a goal with about 15 minutes t go in the last qtr and spotty were on a run

Can someone clear this one up for me. It happened off the ball and I think he was reported by the goal umpire. Anyway, the field umpire didn't see it, but the goal umpire ran out to him and obviously told him what he saw. He then produced the red card, and gave Sunshine a free kick from the square. I understand the reporting or red card, but how can the field umpire give a free kick based on what the goal umpire told him? Surely the goal umpires don't have the power to award free kicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back