Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard about an incident where somebody from sunshine's bench (not a player) ran onto the ground and attacked the big rayzor.....anything in it....????

word is ray was helped over the boundary line by 1 or 2 sunshine players and on the way up was whacked over the head with a coaches board or something similar by an official. i think he retaliated by hitting the bloke around the face and may also be on report for something out of that incident

Does anyone know if Mangion took automatic or is going to the tribunal on Monday after being red carded?? Very important time of the game when this happened off the play. Cost a goal with about 15 minutes t go in the last qtr and spotty were on a run

tribunal

did anyone see the incident? was it worth a red card?

word is ray was helped over the boundary line by 1 or 2 sunshine players and on the way up was whacked over the head with a coaches board or something similar by an official. i think he retaliated by hitting the bloke around the face and may also be on report for something out of that incident

Absolute crap. If rayzor is number 18, then he purposely charged who ever was infront of him. The sunshine official didn't take to kindly and retaliated. Wasn't much in it either way (unless these 2 have history). As for the other report. Spotty player pushed the sunshine player in the chest but the sunshine player had his back to goal umpire, so could have looked like a punch. If the spotty player gets weeks then i would be surprised. Congrats to sunshine f.c for such a brilliant day socially. One of the better ones i have been to (even if it was ladies day). Also congrats to Ben Davis on his 350. Magic effort and from what i'm told, it was after 2 knee re-cos.:thumbsu:

Absolute crap. If rayzor is number 18, then he purposely charged who ever was infront of him. The sunshine official didn't take to kindly and retaliated. Wasn't much in it either way (unless these 2 have history). As for the other report. Spotty player pushed the sunshine player in the chest but the sunshine player had his back to goal umpire, so could have looked like a punch. If the spotty player gets weeks then i would be surprised. Congrats to sunshine f.c for such a brilliant day socially. One of the better ones i have been to (even if it was ladies day). Also congrats to Ben Davis on his 350. Magic effort and from what i'm told, it was after 2 knee re-cos.:thumbsu:

Mangan got off with a severe reprimand I have been told, glad to see that both Ray & Sunshine coach also got off with a warning as there was nothing in the incident.

Well i heard a whisper that Caroline Springs plan to field a senior side in 2011. However i have been told that the league will allow them to field just a senior team in 2011 and no reserves. Dont know how this would work.
Not sure how true it is.

this would add to danny's view of expansion.

Well i heard a whisper that Caroline Springs plan to field a senior side in 2011. However i have been told that the league will allow them to field just a senior team in 2011 and no reserves. Dont know how this would work.
Not sure how true it is.

this would add to danny's view of expansion.

expansion is the on;y way to grow the league, and increase the competition. Although were an additional 3-5 teams would come from not really clear. More teams have died in the past 5 years than been introduced which is not a very healthy stat for the league. I don't think caroline springs could have a senior side without a reserve side - from a club or league perspective

expansion is the on;y way to grow the league, and increase the competition. Although were an additional 3-5 teams would come from not really clear. More teams have died in the past 5 years than been introduced which is not a very healthy stat for the league. I don't think caroline springs could have a senior side without a reserve side - from a club or league perspective

Right footer, I think the league would eter them in Div 2 and introduce a bye in the reserves if needed. I have heard a whisper Rockbank are keen to come back to the WRFL and even applied to footy Vic at the end of last year but whacky batty held a grudge from when they left the comp originally. Also have heard Melton South are keen but refused to to Div 2. Imagine the score if they played nth Sunshine? Melton Centrals and Diggers Rest are another two clubs with the feelers out. seems Batty is impressing the RDFL clus as much as he did the WRFL.

Expansion is critical with the growth in the Western Suburbs;

Caroline Springs, Rockbank, Point Cook (This area could sustain two teams), Old Westbourne (strong juniors), Altona Meadows, Werribee Centrals, Williamstown CYMS???

There are options available and the league can work on strategies such as supporting existing clubs enter the league with cost reduction for affiliation fees initially. Some clubs would be upset but they need the big picture in mind and by developing the league creates the opportunity to expand each club.

3 Divisions is not an option with only 20 senior teams, and I personally think in Div 1. that a 10 team comp meaning everyone plays each other twice works perfect:thumbsu:

I think the WRFL will be hard pressed to get sides like Point Cook, Westbourne, Werribee Ammos, Willy Cyms out of the Ammos as they all seem to be happy in that competition. A lot of work would need to be done.
Centrals are pretty well established in the GDFL too, would be hard to lure them.

Expansion may come from a side in Tarniet/truganina (other than Old Westbourne), Manor Lakes, Caroline Springs etc.... in the growth corridors.

Not sure how true it is.

You are 100% correct typey, meeting scheduled for later this arvo.

Good to see the the new guys showing some initiative and thinking about how the league can move forward, this might not be the answer to their prayers but at least they are actually doing something!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for the league to progress, wouldnt it be a smarter option to combine the two divisions, and have a four tier system with an improved relegation method? that way a team with the depth of spotty or hoppers may have senior team in 1's reserves in 2's and if numbers allowed a third team in level 4 made up of the old guard, fringe ressies players and so on.

I know both Spotty and hoppers had some big numbers the last few years to preseasons, then lost people as they had to sit out players the first couple of games.

a team that have not much depth, but a some good quality recruits, could feild a side in level 1 and 4, etc etc.

on the flip side, and new entry team could start at a level fitting of there recruitment/skills, and not be jumping to a different league as have Point Cook.

for the league to progress, wouldnt it be a smarter option to combine the two divisions, and have a four tier system with an improved relegation method? that way a team with the depth of spotty or hoppers may have senior team in 1's reserves in 2's and if numbers allowed a third team in level 4 made up of the old guard, fringe ressies players and so on.

I know both Spotty and hoppers had some big numbers the last few years to preseasons, then lost people as they had to sit out players the first couple of games.

a team that have not much depth, but a some good quality recruits, could feild a side in level 1 and 4, etc etc.

on the flip side, and new entry team could start at a level fitting of there recruitment/skills, and not be jumping to a different league as have Point Cook.

Good luck creating the fixture under that scenario. The WRFL may have to borrow the super computer that the AFL use.

Expansion is the only way, I think it is being done in the Northern league this year, not sure how it is working.

The last thing this comp need is expansion, its hard enough for clubs to attract players as it is. Too many clubs are too close together, Albion, Sunshine, Nth Sunshine, Braybrook, West Footscray, Sunshine Heights and Deer Park, all 10-15 minutes apart. The talent pool is spread thin as it is....What needs to happen is merging of 2nd div clubs into 1st div clubs, not a good scenario for the 2nd div clubs but there will be some future, Nth Sunshine will be gone soon, Braybrook and West struggling! This comp needs an enema!

On to this week with Match of the Day possibly the much improved vikings at home & the kangas.

Tips for this week;

Altona v Sunshine
Glenorden v Hoppers
Colts v West
Spotty v Heights
St Albans v Albion

Good Luck to all:thumbsu:

Good find!

There's gotta be a story there.

Re: EDFL "B" Grade - 2010
Quote ROCK07:
Originally Posted by Hard Ball Get
Rock, did I hear right that you have hung up the boots?

Pretty much for this year. Need a both hips operated on, both hips need to have bone shaved off and the left needs my cartlidge fixed.
At the moment keep breaking down in games, so will go under the knife in June. Planning to go back to APW nest year though.

I'm hopeful of playing a couple of reserves games back at port colts for family reason, which apw are aware of.

I still believe apw will have a big say in this years final, especially if we can get our full list on the paddock, kenna and gosling have been handy pick ups in recent weeks

Re: EDFL "B" Grade - 2010
Quote ROCK07:
Originally Posted by Hard Ball Get
Rock, did I hear right that you have hung up the boots?

Pretty much for this year. Need a both hips operated on, both hips need to have bone shaved off and the left needs my cartlidge fixed.
At the moment keep breaking down in games, so will go under the knife in June. Planning to go back to APW nest year though.

I'm hopeful of playing a couple of reserves games back at port colts for family reason, which apw are aware of.

I still believe apw will have a big say in this years final, especially if we can get our full list on the paddock, kenna and gosling have been handy pick ups in recent weeks

Pretty much somes it up.......unless

Pretty much somes it up.......unless

Tips for this week Forwards to have a day out;

Altona v Sunshine (48 points) Wiggins to kick 10
Glenorden v Hoppers (40 points) Mitchell to kick 10
Colts v West (100 points) Mcgregor to kick 10
Spotty
v Heights (60 points) Keenan to kick 10
St Albans v Albion (20 points) Close game Fitzy to get a handfull

Glenorden v Hoppers (40 points) Mitchell to kick 10
If Mitchell kicks 10 Hoppers are more likely to win by 140 aren't they?

Glenorden kicked 4 goals against Altona, 9 against Sun Heights, 6 against Colts, 8 against Sunshine.

Fine day, it'll be a bit more lop sided than your prediction wont it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back