Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jezza Jose is playing some good footy I Played against him round 1 and looked good He is a good get for Stalbans also with Hoare and Cambell Browne his mates playing there i expect jezz to make a name for himself in wrfl like he did in rdfl finals are still played on sundays so thats still a drama for the Mormens

surprised some of the boys you brought up never got a lot of game time to see what they could do and maybe you and some of the other guns spend some time resting and coaching from the sidelines for a bit of a change.

Not sure what club your from but at S.F.C a senior call up is something you earn its not given to you every1 in the playing group knows that, in saying that you also earn the right to play a full game it what makes playing with your mates in the senior team so special ask the boys who played on saturday Vs Heights, im sure there was big smiles from the 1st gamers and also for Scales breaking back into the team! As for our 'GUNS' look to the bench on saturday and watch the turn over of players on and off the ground...........

Round 7. (Already)

Albion v Altona - This is a must win for the Cats or season OVER
Hoppers v St Albans - Saints improving, but will go with Hoppers
Heights v West - Heights
Spotty v Glenorden - Spotty 25+ Goals
Suns v Port Colts - The Kangas at home, though Colts will have a red hot crack and I wonder if the Rock will come up after 10 in the magoos???

Good Round if your playing at home and as mentioned earlier in the week, with fifth place going to be a battle IMO out of Colts, Vikings, Saints & Albion they must beat some of these teams therefore this could be worth 8 points and Altona will know it.

Best Wishes to the North Sunshine player + Aaron Tymms (Great Fella & clubman for the Cats). Hope both recover fully and get back to enjoying footy:thumbsu:

Round 7. (Already)

Heights v West - Heights
Suns v Port Colts - The Kangas at home, though Colts will have a red hot crack and I wonder if the Rock will come up after 10 in the magoos???

Good Round if your playing at home and as mentioned earlier in the week, with fifth place going to be a battle IMO out of Colts, Vikings, Saints & Albion they must beat some of these teams therefore this could be worth 8 points and Altona will know it.

Best Wishes to the North Sunshine player + Aaron Tymms (Great Fella & clubman for the Cats). Hope both recover fully and get back to enjoying footy:thumbsu:

Could be interesting game between Altona & Albion, do Altona get a few players back from the VFL this week due to the bye??

Best Wishes to the North Sunshine player + Aaron Tymms (Great Fella & clubman for the Cats). Hope both recover fully and get back to enjoying footy:thumbsu:[/quote]

Unfortunately It has been released that Sean Wolfe from the North Sunshine FC has passed away after last week collapsing on the field. Deepest sympathies from Sunshine FC to family & the club. A sad day when this happens.

Unfortunately It has been released that Sean Wolfe from the North Sunshine FC has passed away after last week collapsing on the field. Deepest sympathies from Sunshine FC to family & the club. A sad day when this happens.[/quote]

Absolute tragedy, sad sad day. condolences to the Sean's family and friends and to the North Sunshine FC.

Round 7. (Already)

Heights v West - Heights

Surely 10 against a powerful west reserves team calls for an automatic senior call up??? If only i was still picking the team i could have bluffed my way in.....Not likely now though.

On a serious note should be a cracker of a game, colts have had the wood over sunshine for a long time, with their natural improvement and now coach by the colts former captain, the heat will certainly be on.
Sunshine seem to have a stronger fwd line than in years past but i think colts have the defensive structure to come out on top, colts fwd line although a little different than in year past still has a fair bit of potency and with mcgregor and macanulty on fire and sunshine's defense being their weakest area.
If colts can break even through the middle they will come out on top, the boys are very excited for this game so i have no doubt they will get over the line. COLTS BY 21PTS
Good luck to my old mate against his old club, i'm sure he has alot of mixed emotions playing against some of his very best mates, but the proffesional he is along with his competitive spirit will see himhandle it very well.........MAYBE

Hate to sound sour But id like to eleborate on West Footscray the once mighty Club i always wonder what happened?? When the club won two div2 premierships in 07 i thought this was the time the club will get back to being one of the powerhouses in the comp again the talent has been their just havnt been able to keep every1 this is a team of players lost since winning premierships

Backs S.Oldfield S.Geddes A.Ali
H/Backs A.Grixti B.Evans A.Young
Centres L.D'ambrosio Z.Kadour R.Mathews
H/Forwards S.Williams L.Mcghie E.Edwards
Forwards J.Lane J.Hardaway S.Lane
Ruck D.Grognac R/Rover C.Saliba Rover T.Liberatore
Inter J.Currie,P.Yeats,A.Wight,J.Lynch,S.Webster,C.Ritchens,T.Percyk

Thats a pretty fair team. Where to now for the West boys gotta move on from the past & into the future players like Coreless,Burnett,Pham,Fisher,Smyth,loussis,agulia,Bacchus,Pascu,speakman,Browne,Burmister,Quinsee,Grant the new generation will give the club hope into the future Players like Mj kingy(capt) Nolton,baines & the Jeffries boys the ever reliable phippa will keep doing their thing.Great club people who have stuck twith the club through thick & thin Comon West Start getting some reward this week sunny heights

Hate to sound sour But id like to eleborate on West Footscray the once mighty Club i always wonder what happened?? When the club won two div2 premierships in 07 i thought this was the time the club will get back to being one of the powerhouses in the comp again the talent has been their just havnt been able to keep every1 this is a team of players lost since winning premierships

Thats a pretty fair team. Where to now for the West boys gotta move on from the past & into the future players like Coreless,Burnett,Pham,Fisher,Smyth,loussis,agulia,Bacchus,Pascu,speakman,Browne,Burmister,Quinsee,Grant the new generation will give the club hope into the future Players like Mj kingy(capt) Nolton,baines & the Jeffries boys the ever reliable phippa will keep doing their thing.Great club people who have stuck twith the club through thick & thin Comon West Start getting some reward this week sunny heights

Ive got some thoughts on what happened.... I'll post them some time after the weekends game. Good luck to West this weekend:thumbsu:

you forgot innella , dasha and evan henry and most of that team is the 07 premiership team which would pull the pants down of the current west team. the players you named as the future players taking the club forward all played in the reserves in 07 just goes to show how weak the team is currently and the reason for west being in the position it is in now is simple in 07 after winning the premiership all the players and committee bar one person (bones) didnt want to go up to division 1. call it gutless, piss weak or whatever but they where aware of what would happen and chose to go up anyway and are now paying the price for it

On behalf of the Spotswood Football Club I would like to pass on the clubs condolences to the family of Sean Wolfe and the North Sunshine Football Club.
There is nothing worse than enjoying playing football then a tragedy like this occurs.

Great to see another 2 of the S.F.C under 18s playing there 1st game in the seniors this week, thats a total of 4 this year well done boys big futures for all you guys maybe even a VFL pre season later on this summer. Just wanted to know are there any of the other top 5 teams at present who are giving there kids a go and looking to the future? It seems to be working with us and with every1 going on about how to keep players and match payments and so on, this could be a way of keeping your kids who want to play with there mates and for the jumper and not chase the $$$$$$$$$$$ Not saying other clubs are not doing this just wanted to know what other under18s have played senior footy this year around the W.R.F.L as it will only make the comp stronger when these kids are 5 years older and have already played a heap of senior footy....

P.S i did over hear Spud and a few of the older blokes saying that they need more of the under 18s playing because there is no chance they can find the 300k needed to pay the guns of our club there massive match payments for 2010 lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ray - Stop blowing your own trumpet

Every team has kids on the up and getting a go, Colts, Vikings, Kangas can not think of the top of my head Albion??? St Albans, West Foot Glenorden.

Absolute dumb comment - but a fine example you set for your up & comer's against Sunshine???

Good Luck against Glenorden and there young lads:D:D:D, Didn't you start an all in blew down there that got ya President knocked out?

Every team has kids on the up and getting a go, Colts, Vikings, Kangas can not think of the top of my head Albion??? St Albans, West Foot Glenorden.

Absolute dumb comment - but a fine example you set for your up & comer's against Sunshine???

Good Luck against Glenorden and there young lads:D:D:D, Didn't you start an all in blew down there that got ya President knocked out?

No Ray didn't start it but did however turn his back on the president getting a belt. The big man nearly cried when approached and added he had nothing to do with the blew and pleaded to leave him alone. This was after he ran 100 metres to get there in the first place? Tarzan and Jane comes to mind

You don't think Hoppers have U/18's getting a game Time to Relax?

This weeks team has 3 U/18 kids playing and out of our team there is 19 of the 22 that played juniors at Hoppers Crossing. I would like to see if any other club has that ammount of ex juniors going into this weeks game????????

This weeks team has 3 U/18 kids playing and out of our team there is 19 of the 22 that played juniors at Hoppers Crossing. I would like to see if any other club has that ammount of ex juniors going into this weeks game????????

Thats a good effort:thumbsu:

You do need to take in to consideration the amount of junior teams that a club has. I think Hoppers has around 18 teams and 2 U18 teams so I would expect that they were able to bring through more juniors than any other team.

Sunshine off the top of my head would have a number of ex juniors - as we have always tried to play the kids coming up.
Currentley there is Ben Davis (350 gamer)
Macualy Goring (300 gamer)
Joe Heddithc, danny glowaki, john blake, jonno frost, cam magnusson, jess mcinneny, abra afwerk, ben foley, cory connor and thats only off the top of my head.

Rayzor - didn't realise yur club was inventing the wheel when it comes to playing the kids... Tocka last year played 3 under 18's on and off through out the season, which is good experience for them, one should be perm in the ones except for injury.

Anyway what do people think about this weekends game

You don't think Hoppers have U/18's getting a game Time to Relax?

Apologies - Oversight & not intentional, Hoppers have some very good kids coming through senior ranks, and stood up against the kangas when we played them.

Sorry for my stupid comment champ but here ill dumb it down again for you, im talking about are other top 5 clubs looking to there under 18 side not just there 2s to fill spots in there senior side as SFC has done this year, 3 17 year olds and a 18 year old picked straight out of the under 18s this year to date, i cant wait to see there faces this week when they get there chance. I was not putting shit on any other club or blowing my trumpet as you put it, just asking the question, as i have alot of respect for what Altona are doing and i hope to see them as a power house in the next 3 to 4 years and maybe other clubs will be able to model there club on what Altona are doing.

As for the Glenorden thing i wasnt playing i went over to break up a fight that was getting out of hand and even copped a smack in the back of head for my trouble, when you have so many people who have been drinking all day things could have been alot worse but hey if you want to blame me for the fight that i didnt start, that i was trying to brake up good luck to you........

Sunshine, i think i showed the the boys a very good example of what not to do, get sucked in, which i did and i cost the team big time, as one of the co captains of the footy club it should never have happened and i spoke to the boys about it at training and made sure that every1 knew that is not the the spotty brand of footy, it happened i cant take it back but i know no1 playing for SFC will do it again..... good luck to every1 playing this week GO SPOTTY!!!!!!!!!!

Rayzor - didn't realise yur club was inventing the wheel when it comes to playing the kids... Tocka last year played 3 under 18's on and off through out the season, which is good experience for them, one should be perm in the ones except for injury.

Anyway what do people think about this weekends game

Its not about inventing the wheel!!!!! I play at SFC so i only really know what happens there i was just asking the question, are other clubs doing it? nothing else! i think if more of the kids (pick them to play as 17 year olds) get to play they will stick around and not chase the coin, im sorry if you have taken it the wrong way!!!!!!

Its not about inventing the wheel!!!!! I play at SFC so i only really know what happens there i was just asking the question, are other clubs doing it? nothing else! i think if more of the kids (pick them to play as 17 year olds) get to play they will stick around and not chase the coin, im sorry if you have taken it the wrong way!!!!!!

Sunny Heights team this weekend will contain 10 players that made their senior debuts at 16 or 17 years old straight up from U16 or U18 (some of them are 27+ now)

1 of them is James Vella who won the U16C comp medal last season and will play his 4th senior game tomorrow. Last week he played on ball against Spotty and matched up on OKeefe and Couch for a fair chunk of the game. He was beaten but gave a good account of himself and I have no doubt that every senior game he plays this year is worth about 10 U18's games in experience and learning.

If you have kids you have to play them. This is even more important for the bottom 5 than the top 5

Sunny Heights team this weekend will contain 10 players that made their senior debuts at 16 or 17 years old straight up from U16 or U18 (some of them are 27+ now)

1 of them is James Vella who won the U16C comp medal last season and will play his 4th senior game tomorrow. Last week he played on ball against Spotty and matched up on OKeefe and Couch for a fair chunk of the game. He was beaten but gave a good account of himself and I have no doubt that every senior game he plays this year is worth about 10 U18's games in experience and learning.

If you have kids you have to play them. This is even more important for the bottom 5 than the top 5

Thats great to hear and im sure he would have loved to be playing on those 2 players as they can both play, thanks for the reply and giving me an insight to your club:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back