Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think Hoppers (we) are shit and I don't think StAlbans are really good.

What I know is StAlbans beat us at home and convincingly.

Since we have beaten Albion by 11 goals at their home ground, we have lost 8-10 players to injury and have been feilding a side without these 8-10 players every week. The players are slowly coming back and will be cherry ripe for the second half of the year. We have lost 2 games and both games were only 3 points down at 3qtr time, if you put the 8-10 players in the side we would not have lost those games. Injury hurts, especially if they are key players to the side.

In saying that it has been a good opportunity to blood some kids and get them advanced quicker than would have been the case had the blokes not gone down.

Playing senior footy greatly increasing chances of selection at the Jets would be ideal, wouldn't it? Unfortunately the ideal differs from the reality. The smaller bodies is offset by greater fitness levels at TAC.

Playing against men week in and week out is only an advantage if the competition is deemed to be of a high and comparable standard to TAC. What is a no brainer to you or me is probably seen as backward thinking by the 'professionls' at the Jets..in this instance. Plenty of U/18's lads getting a crack at senior level have been overlooked and beaten for a spot by overrated giants who can't kick to save themselves. Wonder if they are still looking for ex basketball players at the Jets?

Young 17/18 year old playing his first season of football in the U/18s for Wyndhamvale after playing basketball his whole junior career for Werribee. After a few games in the U/18s he was training with the Western Jets and may be in the squad. (has all the uniform and jumper etc) The kid is a giant!

games this week....

Altona v Spotswood - obviously I'll pick us by 20 points
Glenorden v Albion - Albion by 135 points
Colts v Heights - Colts by 79 points
St Albans v Sunshine - Sunshine by 32 points
West v Hoppers - Hoppers by 126 points

anyone picking any upsets????

games this week....

Altona v Spotswood - obviously I'll pick us by 20 points
Glenorden v Albion - Albion by 135 points
Colts v Heights - Colts by 79 points
St Albans v Sunshine - Sunshine by 32 points
West v Hoppers - Hoppers by 126 points

anyone picking any upsets????

Agree with you there Oky though don't think the margins will be as big due to 11 degree and hail tomorrow.

Big Footy this week;

Rock - Will be in the 1sts this week as he won the game of his own boot last week. If Colts are serious they will pick him, and if he has upset too many the won't.
Danny Ocean - Hoppers lost because they did not rate St Albans. End of story and I am sure most teams have injuries???
GB50 - Colts are still a very good side so you will need to be at your best to be competitive, or perhaps the local media will be caling for you to be sacked:D:D:D (Karim + Upton)
Spotty - After the young guns debut and Molan to return, I guess Keenan will be lining up at full back this week.

Serious Note: A tragedy behind the death of the bloke from Nth Sunshine and IMO it is unfair to be passing any judgment on how anyone has handled it, he said / she said / he could off etc. Bottom line is there is no rule book for when something like this happens. If you want to be pro-active get of your butt, raise some coin and work out how to get it to his family in there biggest time of need. My condolences go to his family!

Tips Round 8.
Altona v Spotty - Spotty but will Molan play???
West v Hoppers - Hoppers with Mitchell kicking 15
G/Order v Cats - Albion to knock on the door of the top 5.
Colts v Heights - Colts at HOME
Saints v Kangas - Sunshine knowing the Saints are not to be under-estimated

Good Luck to all:thumbsu:

Big Footy this week;

Rock - Will be in the 1sts this week as he won the game of his own boot last week. If Colts are serious they will pick him, and if he has upset too many the won't.
Danny Ocean - Hoppers lost because they did not rate St Albans. End of story and I am sure most teams have injuries???
GB50 - Colts are still a very good side so you will need to be at your best to be competitive, or perhaps the local media will be caling for you to be sacked:D:D:D (Karim + Upton)
Spotty - After the young guns debut and Molan to return, I guess Keenan will be lining up at full back this week.

Serious Note: A tragedy behind the death of the bloke from Nth Sunshine and IMO it is unfair to be passing any judgment on how anyone has handled it, he said / she said / he could off etc. Bottom line is there is no rule book for when something like this happens. If you want to be pro-active get of your butt, raise some coin and work out how to get it to his family in there biggest time of need. My condolences go to his family!

Tips Round 8.
Altona v Spotty - Spotty but will Molan play???
West v Hoppers - Hoppers with Mitchell kicking 15
G/Order v Cats - Albion to knock on the door of the top 5.
Colts v Heights - Colts at HOME
Saints v Kangas - Sunshine knowing the Saints are not to be under-estimated

Good Luck to all:thumbsu:

Luke Molan is playing at CHF and with Jason Hucker back in too the 4ward set up is looking its best for the 1st time this year....... I wish any1 the best of luck if you want crackers out of full 4ward!!!!!!!!:thumbsu:

I don't think Hoppers (we) are shit and I don't think StAlbans are really good.

What I know is StAlbans beat us at home and convincingly.

Since we have beaten Albion by 11 goals at their home ground, we have lost 8-10 players to injury and have been feilding a side without these 8-10 players every week. The players are slowly coming back and will be cherry ripe for the second half of the year. We have lost 2 games and both games were only 3 points down at 3qtr time, if you put the 8-10 players in the side we would not have lost those games. Injury hurts, especially if they are key players to the side.

In saying that it has been a good opportunity to blood some kids and get them advanced quicker than would have been the case had the blokes not gone down.

Excuses excuses... Hoppers were destroyed in the last quarter. Got out to 50pts at one stage...

Danny every time Hoppers lose you bring out an exaggerated figure of injuries for an excuse. As someone else said everyone has injuries. One club lost their captain, vice captain, then replacement captain all in the 2 weeks before the season started, two of which were season ending. Get over it

Danny every time Hoppers lose you bring out an exaggerated figure of injuries for an excuse. As someone else said everyone has injuries. One club lost their captain, vice captain, then replacement captain all in the 2 weeks before the season started, two of which were season ending. Get over it
Good call.I know down at the Colts that they are about 5 or 6 off what would be considered their strongest side they could field in 2010.Along with some of their quality experienced players they have about 5 or 6 kids playing seniors who played 18s last year and are doing ok.They will win some they will lose some but definately NO EXCUSES.Hoppers are a good side and will be there come finals but just cop your whack when you get beat by a better side on the day,especially considering St Albans were written off by many at the start and are now becoming a real tough game for the better sides.Good for the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young 17/18 year old playing his first season of football in the U/18s for Wyndhamvale after playing basketball his whole junior career for Werribee. After a few games in the U/18s he was training with the Western Jets and may be in the squad. (has all the uniform and jumper etc) The kid is a giant!

Yep, not surprising at all. Can he play?

Good call.I know down at the Colts that they are about 5 or 6 off what would be considered their strongest side they could field in 2010.Along with some of their quality experienced players they have about 5 or 6 kids playing seniors who played 18s last year and are doing ok.They will win some they will lose some but definately NO EXCUSES.Hoppers are a good side and will be there come finals but just cop your whack when you get beat by a better side on the day,especially considering St Albans were written off by many at the start and are now becoming a real tough game for the better sides.Good for the comp.

yeh right

WRFL web site;

You will be aware of the tragic circumstances surrounding the death of North Sunshine Football Club player Sean Wolfe. During the final quarter of the Reserves match at Yarraville Oval on Saturday 15 May, Sean suffered an asthma attack, followed by cardiac arrest. He was transported to hospital in a critical condition, where he remained in a coma until his death on the following Friday. The funeral service for Sean was held yesterday.
Sean is survived by his partner, Jacqui and three sons, Jacob, Josh and Joel. Sean’s untimely passing has left his family in difficult circumstances financially.
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] At the Committee of Management meeting held last Tuesday 25th May 2010, it was resolved unanimously by the clubs represented at the meeting (moved Spotswood FC / seconded North Footscray FC) that all WRFL clubs would donate a minimum sum of $300.00 to an appeal fund to assist the family with immediate costs.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] The “Sean Wolfe Appeal Fund” has been established through opening a special purpose account at Bendigo Bank. Clubs should direct their $300 donations, and any additional amounts that clubs and/or their members may wish to contribute to the following Bendigo Bank account: [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]BSB 633-000[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Account No. 1402 04264 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Account name Western Region Football League – Sean Wolfe Appeal Fund Donations / contributions can be made at any branch of the Bendigo Bank, or by electronic funds transfer to the above account. To assist in identifying and acknowledging donations, please ensure that the donor club or individual’s name is indicated in the reference field of the deposit slip or on-line banking form. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Prompt attention to donating to the fund is requested of all clubs in order that the benefits can be realized by Sean’s family as soon as possible. Clubs will be advised weekly by email of the status of fund contributors and total collections.[/FONT]

WRFL web site;

You will be aware of the tragic circumstances surrounding the death of North Sunshine Football Club player Sean Wolfe. During the final quarter of the Reserves match at Yarraville Oval on Saturday 15 May, Sean suffered an asthma attack, followed by cardiac arrest. He was transported to hospital in a critical condition, where he remained in a coma until his death on the following Friday. The funeral service for Sean was held yesterday.
Sean is survived by his partner, Jacqui and three sons, Jacob, Josh and Joel. Sean’s untimely passing has left his family in difficult circumstances financially.
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]At the Committee of Management meeting held last Tuesday 25th May 2010, it was resolved unanimously by the clubs represented at the meeting (moved Spotswood FC / seconded North Footscray FC) that all WRFL clubs would donate a minimum sum of $300.00 to an appeal fund to assist the family with immediate costs.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The “Sean Wolfe Appeal Fund” has been established through opening a special purpose account at Bendigo Bank. Clubs should direct their $300 donations, and any additional amounts that clubs and/or their members may wish to contribute to the following Bendigo Bank account: [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]BSB 633-000[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Account No. 1402 04264 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Account name Western Region Football League – Sean Wolfe Appeal Fund Donations / contributions can be made at any branch of the Bendigo Bank, or by electronic funds transfer to the above account. To assist in identifying and acknowledging donations, please ensure that the donor club or individual’s name is indicated in the reference field of the deposit slip or on-line banking form. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Prompt attention to donating to the fund is requested of all clubs in order that the benefits can be realized by Sean’s family as soon as possible. Clubs will be advised weekly by email of the status of fund contributors and total collections.[/FONT]

Please excuse my ignorance TTR but does the last line of that statement mean that clubs will know how much other clubs have donated every week ? On another note i popped down to watch Sunshine and St Albans today and must say i noted sunshine had a few out (not sure if resting or injured), but if they are serious about september action then they must stop being hollywood pretenders. Full credit to St Albans as they did not give up all day (even when 3 goals down at 10minute mark of last qtr). St Albans must however improve their canteen. The worst i have been to in years. 1 person serving and seems like the poor woman had to walk to the back of the rooms to get any hot food. Some lost $ there i suspect.

I was able to watch again today and in the 1st qtr i was thinking gee how good is Altona and all the talk coming out of this place over the last couple of months is right on the money, they moved the ball really well and had heaps of drive of there half back line, skill and pace to burn scores were even at the break............. thats where it stoped and SFC went to another gear and you could say the game was over by half time. Talking to some Altona people i am told they had alot out which is always going to hurt a team which is on the rise. If they could put 4 qtrs of footy 2gether like there 1st they would be very hard to beat at any ground at any time of the year. They will cause some upsets this year and they are a big chance for 5th spot!

Best players for spotty Lewis,McGhie,Sinnott,Keenan

Thought Sunshine heights showed alot today, seen to have improved a fair bit on last year. Lead us at 3/4 time by 16 pts.
Hard at it as all over the ground and really work well as a team.

Intersting result with the saints beating sunshine today, other than spotswood looks as though all spots may be up for gabs.

P.S knowin the sunshine coach he will not be happy, expect a hard week on the track....

Intersting result with the saints beating sunshine today, other than spotswood looks as though all spots may be up for gabs.

P.S knowin the sunshine coach he will not be happy, expect a hard week on the track....[/quote]

Full Credit to St Albans - Had a crack and have some very good players. Jose for his size was great and just compliments a very good midfield. Rock you know the coach well, but there is no panic and having West followed with the break will allow the team to regroup and freshen up.

Please excuse my ignorance TTR but does the last line of that statement mean that clubs will know how much other clubs have donated every week ? On another note i popped down to watch Sunshine and St Albans today and must say i noted sunshine had a few out (not sure if resting or injured), but if they are serious about september action then they must stop being hollywood pretenders. Full credit to St Albans as they did not give up all day (even when 3 goals down at 10minute mark of last qtr). St Albans must however improve their canteen. The worst i have been to in years. 1 person serving and seems like the poor woman had to walk to the back of the rooms to get any hot food. Some lost $ there i suspect.

When are people going to stop making excuses for losing to St Albans? They still dont have their best team on the park either. The Saints had 3 injured (including Fitzpatrick) so only 1 bench player in the last quarter yet were able to kick 7 goals to 1 in the last quarter.They have beaten Albion, Hoppers and Sunshine in succession with massive last halves of footy.

Watched colts yesterday was strange to see Clarke out there again for a change he actually played football
heights run out of steam in last quarter if only were a bit fitter they would have got the chocolates over colts
what was Nic Mallia thinking by running off the bench into a mellee?

Watched colts yesterday was strange to see Clarke out there again for a change he actually played football
heights run out of steam in last quarter if only were a bit fitter they would have got the chocolates over colts

Why would it be strange when i have done it it for the last 16yrs except for 4 games???
Also what did i used to do out there?

No need to make stuff up mate. Nick was on the bench when the scuffle started and still there when the siren went.

It was a very tough physical game and there were plenty of big hits and a few scuffles and it was good to see the umpires handle the physical side of the game really well.

It is too simplistic to blame fitness on the loss as there are a number of reason why we didnt win. One being that the Colts were just too good on the day.

Rock wasnt in the best players for Colts IMO but the 3 goals he kicked were all at vital stages and he played a big part in keeping them in the game. Last season he looked like a 40 year old man but I reckon he is getting around like a 30 year old now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back