Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
COK19 - Noticed a few of the elder statesman of Spotty doing a gentle rehab session on Tuesday Night in Altona. All OK or just a few sore bodies? Noticed a couple of heavy limps - perhaps a couple of extended rests in preparation for the second half of the season?

COK19 - Noticed a few of the elder statesman of Spotty doing a gentle rehab session on Tuesday Night in Altona. All OK or just a few sore bodies? Noticed a couple of heavy limps - perhaps a couple of extended rests in preparation for the second half of the season?

Yeah there was a handful of us who went to the pool Tuesday night to freshen up a bit, nothing new, has been done a couple of times this year already.

All will play and get their rest the following weekend!!!

Massive game this week for us

Yeah there was a handful of us who went to the pool Tuesday night to freshen up a bit, nothing new, has been done a couple of times this year already.

All will play and get their rest the following weekend!!!

Massive game this week for us

Yeah, hoppers will be lucky to get with on 12 goals, must be hard not winning by 100pts every week..
Good luck i'm sure you'll need it!!

i am just seeing if anyone konws of a kid by the name of something merrils that plays for hoppers crossing in the two's seems to be getting in the best every weekend in the two's, has the young fella played any senior surely he has to be close if he hasnt

i am just seeing if anyone konws of a kid by the name of something merrils that plays for hoppers crossing in the two's seems to be getting in the best every weekend in the two's, has the young fella played any senior surely he has to be close if he hasnt

Is it you??

Yeah, hoppers will be lucky to get with on 12 goals, must be hard not winning by 100pts every week..
Good luck i'm sure you'll need it!!

As George Bush would most probably say "Don't count your chickens before they cross the bridge.":D

Hoppers may play above themselves and get an unlikely win. That'll be their Grand Final and they'll start celebrations early at Hogans Road.

or
Spotty turn up!

Phipps BOG.

Big Round of footy this weekend, half way point in the season already. Most believe the season is over with Spotty having a firm grip on the cup already, but as history tells us nothing is finalised until that final siren in september. Colts were in the same position last year and dropped only thier second game of the year when it counted so there is still hope for us all. ( This is by no way a pot at colts) Just reminding the rest that the ultimate success is still achievable.

This weeks games:

Altona vs Colts- Massive game for both clubs, if the A's can get a win at home they will be level pegging (wins) with colts just behind in percentage. Colts will be to strong however and will ensure finals football by going two games clear of Altona who will struggle to make finals i believe, with the saints and cats fighting it out for 5th spot. Colts by 34

Heights vs Albion- Cats to get a big score on a small ground, heights have shown a heap of improvemnet this year and will ensure the ctas are in for a physical encounter. Cats by 50.

Spotswood vs Hoppers- Huge game for hoppers here, with DannyO explaining about all the injuries down at hoppers, a massive loss could send hoppers to fifth on percentage especially if the inform saints belt Glenordan Hoppers could be hanging into the 5. Spotty way to strong over the ground for hoppers. Interesting to see if there will be any baf blood remaining from last year. Was well hell of a dust up which cost someone the ultimate prize.:eek: Spotty by 60

Saints vs Glenordan- Saints are on fire of late and will be way too strong for Glenordan. Saints firming as favourites to take 5th spot at the moment. Saints by 123

Sunshine vs West- Great oppurtunity for the Kangas to give players a 2 week spell to get over any niggles they may have so they can hit the second half of the season firing. Kangas by 170

Good luck to all teams!

As it is the half way point of the year lets have a few points of discussion:

Biggest Surprise: Albion - Touted as a serios contender and now wont make 5, massive dissapointment for the 50th year celebration. Saints a close second for complete opposite reason, were dead and buried and placed as a bottom 3 team, should play finals now!

Biggest Dissapointment: Albion - As above

Best Recruit- Jacobs has been a huge pick up for Kangas but Jose from Saints and Lewis from Spotty seem to be in the best week in week out for the respective sides.

Worst Recruit: Manton- What were they thinking taking on this bloke!

Best Young Gun- Hard to tell with so many young blokes running around, Mackenzie from spotty has played i think every game for Spotty, not bad considering he is holding his own in a triple premiershiop side aged 17.

Best talking point: The big red returns (sorry crackers not you) The other big red from colts. Plenty of others i know but cant be arsed thinking too hard.

Who will be the winners:
Flag: Spotty
Gibson: Crackers
League Medal: could throw a blanke over a number of players but Mcghie from spotty seems to dominate, might have too many votes taken of him from Lewis, Couch, O'Keefe, Mangan, Crackers and Co. Perhaps Jose from the Saints.

Lets see what everyone elses thoughts are.:)

I to think the cup is all spottys good luck to other teams. Sunshine & Albion are easily biggest dissapointments with St albans the most improved good to see Jeremy jose having a good season i know jezza well but can reveal his religon doesnt allow him to play sport on sundays Along with Stephen Hoare and C.Browne bit of a blow for st albans as they r looking good for finals hope there games are on saturdays

Altona & Hoppers have been very up & down but i feel if hoppers can get a few things right they will be dangerous at the right time of year

Port Colts will start firing up getting clarke into team can only help with his skill and experiance never count out the colts

I heard someone say lucky sunshine have west this week big chance to get some form its abit of a desprate call what if they didnt have west after that comment im tipping sunshine to fall away Gee i hope west can get up and have a win starting to forget the words NEVER. AS FOR SUNSHINE Heights WEST AND GLENORDEN not much to look forward to West v Glenorden should be interesting hopefully west can have a win before that match Good luck to every1 1 more game than well deserved Rest AHHH :)

I to think the cup is all spottys good luck to other teams. Sunshine & Albion are easily biggest dissapointments with St albans the most improved good to see Jeremy jose having a good season i know jezza well but can reveal his religon doesnt allow him to play sport on sundays Along with Stephen Hoare and C.Browne bit of a blow for st albans as they r looking good for finals hope there games are on saturdays

Altona & Hoppers have been very up & down but i feel if hoppers can get a few things right they will be dangerous at the right time of year

Port Colts will start firing up getting clarke into team can only help with his skill and experiance never count out the colts

I heard someone say lucky sunshine have west this week big chance to get some form its abit of a desprate call what if they didnt have west after that comment im tipping sunshine to fall away Gee i hope west can get up and have a win starting to forget the words NEVER. AS FOR SUNSHINE Heights WEST AND GLENORDEN not much to look forward to West v Glenorden should be interesting hopefully west can have a win before that match Good luck to every1 1 more game than well deserved Rest AHHH :)

Thanks for my little wrap but doubt an old man can add much.

I disagree on the Sunshine comment, we all know spotty are flying and are miles ahead of the pack.
Sunshine are the only team that have knocked spotty over, i know they have droped a couple of game sthey shouldn't have but were in winning positions both times.
They didn't make top 3 last year but are sitting second now, so for my they have clearly been the big improvers with spotty more consolidating their spot at the top.
Colts, albion, st.albans have all been up and down, altona have improved though they are just lacking a few key talls to take the next step.

What club are you involved with? We'll look forward to playing them.

The season is just ticking over to the halfway mark so there should be plenty to look forward to for all teams

Im from west footscray and proud of it west are looking forward to rest of year i think u took it the wrong way im sure heights n glenorden are keen to finish year strong. if west had a half decent squad heights n glenorden wouldnt even get close.

Im from west footscray and proud of it west are looking forward to rest of year i think u took it the wrong way im sure heights n glenorden are keen to finish year strong. if west had a half decent squad heights n glenorden wouldnt even get close.

Not really sure what to make of that comment.

Not really sure what to make of that comment.

I from west and i didn't get that either, i'm sure if any side had a decent squad they'd be better lol

But i like your passion western33, hopefully the young guys stick around for a few years instead of leaving and it might turn a bit. I don't think goesbang thought we were that awful....did you gb50???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I from west and i didn't get that either, i'm sure if any side had a decent squad they'd be better lol

But i like your passion western33, hopefully the young guys stick around for a few years instead of leaving and it might turn a bit. I don't think goesbang thought we were that awful....did you gb50???

No. Much better than most reports suggested on the day that we played. As well as that most of the better players were young kids (except for Schreck in the ruck and Match Sticks at CHB) which is a real positive.

Western33 - Interesting you question Sunshine whom are sitting 2nd on the ladder & you play them this week. I think you may have a difference of opinion but 5pm Saturday will tell.

My tongue in cheek comment about Spotty winning the flag was just that, as GB50 said it is halfway and I think there will be a few to challenge pending injuries.

Sunshine - have the list to challenge and are learning every week under a new coach, but as mentioned were beaten by a side that really wanted to win on the week.

Port Colts - if you look at the quality of players then you should not be under estimating what they can do.

I could go on about Hoppers, Albion, St Albans, Altona but won't.

Tips Round 9.
Suns v West - Sunshine by plenty
Altona v Colts - Port Colts
Heights v Albion - I will pick Albion in a very close one.
Spotty v Hoppers - Spotty
St Albans v Glenorden - St Albans (They are coming)

Good Luck to all.

PS: I send my condolences to the Setterfield family and Deer Park FC. Les Setterfield should be remembered for what he done for that club:thumbsu: A true gentlemen

Big Round of footy this weekend, half way point in the season already. Most believe the season is over with Spotty having a firm grip on the cup already, but as history tells us nothing is finalised until that final siren in september. Colts were in the same position last year and dropped only thier second game of the year when it counted so there is still hope for us all. ( This is by no way a pot at colts) Just reminding the rest that the ultimate success is still achievable.

This weeks games:

Altona vs Colts- Massive game for both clubs, if the A's can get a win at home they will be level pegging (wins) with colts just behind in percentage. Colts will be to strong however and will ensure finals football by going two games clear of Altona who will struggle to make finals i believe, with the saints and cats fighting it out for 5th spot. Colts by 34

Heights vs Albion- Cats to get a big score on a small ground, heights have shown a heap of improvemnet this year and will ensure the ctas are in for a physical encounter. Cats by 50.

Spotswood vs Hoppers- Huge game for hoppers here, with DannyO explaining about all the injuries down at hoppers, a massive loss could send hoppers to fifth on percentage especially if the inform saints belt Glenordan Hoppers could be hanging into the 5. Spotty way to strong over the ground for hoppers. Interesting to see if there will be any baf blood remaining from last year. Was well hell of a dust up which cost someone the ultimate prize.:eek: Spotty by 60

Saints vs Glenordan- Saints are on fire of late and will be way too strong for Glenordan. Saints firming as favourites to take 5th spot at the moment. Saints by 123

Sunshine vs West- Great oppurtunity for the Kangas to give players a 2 week spell to get over any niggles they may have so they can hit the second half of the season firing. Kangas by 170

Good luck to all teams!

As it is the half way point of the year lets have a few points of discussion:

Biggest Surprise: Albion - Touted as a serios contender and now wont make 5, massive dissapointment for the 50th year celebration. Saints a close second for complete opposite reason, were dead and buried and placed as a bottom 3 team, should play finals now!

Biggest Dissapointment: Albion - As above

Best Recruit- Jacobs has been a huge pick up for Kangas but Jose from Saints and Lewis from Spotty seem to be in the best week in week out for the respective sides.

Worst Recruit: Manton- What were they thinking taking on this bloke!

Best Young Gun- Hard to tell with so many young blokes running around, Mackenzie from spotty has played i think every game for Spotty, not bad considering he is holding his own in a triple premiershiop side aged 17.

Best talking point: The big red returns (sorry crackers not you) The other big red from colts. Plenty of others i know but cant be arsed thinking too hard.

Who will be the winners:
Flag: Spotty
Gibson: Crackers
League Medal: could throw a blanke over a number of players but Mcghie from spotty seems to dominate, might have too many votes taken of him from Lewis, Couch, O'Keefe, Mangan, Crackers and Co. Perhaps Jose from the Saints.

Lets see what everyone elses thoughts are.:)

Interesting that you say Manton is the worst recruit! clearly an outsiders comment!
WHilst Manton has only played one game and admittedly he didnt get a kick, since he has ben recovering he has been on the track every night 30 minutes before any toher player then continuously spends his time helping out youngsters on the track!
Regardless of whetver he gets paid to play, its exactly that he gets paid when he 'plays'.
And he is back this week before the halfway mark so he may just be the surprise back in second half of the year!
Time will tell and be the judge at end of year not halfway through!
As Mick Malthouse always says 'you cant win the GF in June, and you also cant lose it in June"..
good luck to all this weekend!

Who is the best 2 sides you have played against this year gentleman?

I guess it would be better to do after this round but at the moment i think Spotswood and St.Albans for us.....but play Sunshine tomorrow.

o danny o please for the sake of the competition please tell us that you where missing 36 of your best 18 today.

on another note cant see how they keep saying we have a shortage of umpires had 24 umpiring spotty v soft ***** today,

:thumbsu:good call splinter altona over rock :thumbsu:

o danny o please for the sake of the competition please tell us that you where missing 36 of your best 18 today.

on another note cant see how they keep saying we have a shortage of umpires had 24 umpiring spotty v soft ***** today,

:thumbsu:good call splinter altona over rock :thumbsu:

24 umpires weren't in blue and white were they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back