Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When has Clarke ever been voted the best player in the league, you must be related. He has the biggest mouth in the league, he wasn't even in the top five at Colts let alone the competition.

This is a great way to wake up, a 35 yr old that was just a player getting all the attention...i love it good ro bad.....

I agree with you i never was in the top 5 at the colts, never claimed to be, how ever and i know the umps don't have much of a clue but in 2006 they did vote me as their best player.

ZINC, as for ego please explain how playing park footy stroke's my ego or anyone else's for that matter.
I'm happy to be playing footy at a club i love and that i have been apart of since i was 10yrs old, i'm also happy to play reserves footy, so if i was to worried about ego or reputation as you put it, i would not be putting my hand up to play reserves.
At the end of the day i love foot and i love port colts, weather i'm coach a senior player, a reserve player or even on the commitee i will do what i can to help the club achieve success and do it for the club not for my own ego as you suggest or maybe that was your focus>>>

You can hang sh it on me all you like i'm thick skinned and can handle it all, life can be a bit more challenging than copping a spray about local footy on a website from an unknown, but you can keep enjoying yourself.
I'll respond also for my own entertainment.

Want a torch to find your way out of his a$s Filo?

Ease up Quickdraw, don't remember the post saying anything about him deserving or not deserving a roast. Just thought I would throw in a couple extra to lighten sh!t up a bit. Maybe you should ask me what I meant before you have a crack.

As for you Strongbow, shut the f%$k up C$%t.

Your love for him is becoming an obsession.
Just 3 seasons ago he was voted the best player in the league, so you may want to say he should retire now.
He is still capable agter two bags of 10 in the reserves he can still play a role in, especially if the colts are undermanned.
I'm a Clarke fan, he has been wonderful for the wrfl, like or loathe him.

On another i watched the spotty/hoppers clash saturday what's the deal with keenan and kelly do they have a competition going on who eats the most pies at training??? Both have really piled on the kilo's.
Not that it seem's to be stopping them playing good footy.

ha! this is a beauty!

Half way mark Team of the Year (Difficult)

B. Mutton (HOPPERS) Mangan (SPOT) Russo (ALTONA)

HB. Harrison (SUNS) Bonnet (COLTS) Jacobs (SUNS)

C. Couch (SPOT) Foley (SUNS) O'Keefe (SPOT)

HF. Mitchell (HOPPERS) Wiggins (SUNS) Jenkins (St ALB)

F. McGregor (COLTS) Keenan (SPOT) Bloomfield (ALB)

Rucks. McGhie (SPOT) Lewis (SPOT) Douglas (SUNS)

Int.
Jose (St ALB), Miles (ALTONA), Floreani (COLTS), M.Nicolaides (HEIGHTS)

Creates a good bit of debate and dominated by the top two teams, with the forward line also picking itself. The bloke most unlucky would be Julier but Mcghie has been the best big guy and Jose really good:thumbsu:

Strong team team that i notice no west footscray players MJ or cam browne would have to be considered also captain jason king has been in best 9 games out of 9 with13 goals playing as a midfielder. mj might be abit stiff with competion strong in big man department but he beat mcghie earlier this year it will be good to see how he goes against Jeza Jose. Lee Phipps has had a consistent year all bar a half on Krackers

Strong team team that i notice no west footscray players MJ or cam browne would have to be considered also captain jason king has been in best 9 games out of 9 with13 goals playing as a midfielder. mj might be abit stiff with competion strong in big man department but he beat mcghie earlier this year it will be good to see how he goes against Jeza Jose. Lee Phipps has had a consistent year all bar a half on Krackers

McGhie and Julier are the best two big men by a mile. L Phipps, Browne and King are battlers at best. In the rough chance that you are serious, who would you leave out of the side to squeeze in your nominations from West ?

Just because west are stuggling doesn't mean they dont have any good players playing well. I dont know who i would leave out its a tough one there are a few to choose from I played against wiggins last week and i dont think he should be in the team. Russo,miles both didnt impress me that much even though russo was named in best against west it will be interesting team but its only half way mark.

Your whole game plan was based around Wiggins last week with your ruckman standing ten meters in front. Trust me, he's in as he had his worst game by far on the weekend, but has had two blokes hanging of him most of the year.

13 Goals from a midfielder:thumbsdown: Have a look at the midfield picked and see how many they have kicked.

Lastly, no offence to West but I don't think it is that hard to get in there best. On other comments do agree that McAnulty should be in and was an over-sight.

GB50 -No offence either but I would bet my balls on it, that if anyone (including you) had a choice out of Brett Jacobs or Steve Nicolaides I know which way people would go and that has nothing against Steve.

Your whole game plan was based around Wiggins last week with your ruckman standing ten meters in front. Trust me, he's in as he had his worst game by far on the weekend, but has had two blokes hanging of him most of the year.

13 Goals from a midfielder:thumbsdown: Have a look at the midfield picked and see how many they have kicked.

Lastly, no offence to West but I don't think it is that hard to get in there best. On other comments do agree that McAnulty should be in and was an over-sight.

GB50 -No offence either but I would bet my balls on it, that if anyone (including you) had a choice out of Brett Jacobs or Steve Nicolaides I know which way people would go and that has nothing against Steve.

Just going on what I have seen and heard on form for this year.

And no use comparing the two as its a useless exercise. One player has the score on the board and is towards the end of his playing days and the other is just starting out.

Agree on the West players. King might make the B team if you picked it but the other 2 are not even close.

Wiggins should be in but don't give the excuse that our ruckmen was 10 metres in front of him. it's the bottom side for christ sake, if you're that good do something about it.

And 13 goals from a mid-fielder in our side is pretty good, Kingy's a fairly good player, maybe you could be magnanimous and squeeze him on an extended bench for us.....and chuck Nicolaides in while you're at it...they're players that play well in not so good sides that don't have the help that many of your Mid-fielders from the "superstar sides" have.

I did not hear wiggins name mentioned all week or game day so our whole game plan wasn't based around him mj did sit in backline which he has done at times this year.The only time players talked about wiggins was after game when we were talking about his big effort to fight the crowd What a wank
I would pick Nicoladies this year on form i rate jacobs alot but team of year is on form of this year.

What crowd was Wiggo fighting, he told one oxy moron to pull his head in and that was it:eek:

I think West have some good kids, but with the record someone has to be getting 40 touches a game and kicking a few each week. The statement about good players getting things in good teams a bit easier is incorrect IMO. Put simply they would waltz into a lower side and more then likely be the best player at that club. Some of these better players in better teams are getting tagged or having the better players running with them most weeks as well.

I have based the team on how each individual has played against the top sides and BJ has been solid, but also playing a different role at this stage of the year compared to his Colts days so the form trail is still quality for mine.

I think it is Time to relax My last ruck spot would be between Julier & Jose not seeing either regular makes the decision hard Julier killed it against west pushing forward kicking goals id never seen him do that. Jose hasnt rucked against MJ Yet round 1 a few young kids were in the ruck. I proberly Jumped the gun on picking Jose because i know him pretty well and he sounds like he is doing well remember team of year is on this year not reputation.

In saying that i agree with what u r saying but wiggins was acting like a Wank and i don't rate him never have :D:thumbsu:

Just a quick question for all teams out there. How do teams handle the week off. Do they continue as normal, mix it up with harder/ligher week of training this week or next week. Have a bonding session on Thursday or the weekend. Or do sides give players a break from training this week and then hit it hard next Tuesday. Interested to see how the different sides handle the week off.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mutton is one of the better backman in the comp.

Oh suck it........... Probably his best year of senior footy from all reports. Has grown into the captaincy job well and although he isnt a uni lecturer he leads from the front and has taken his chance on the ball this year. Would be close to winning their bnf apparently. He just needs a few mates to follow him.

Oh suck it........... Probably his best year of senior footy from all reports. Has grown into the captaincy job well and although he isnt a uni lecturer he leads from the front and has taken his chance on the ball this year. Would be close to winning their bnf apparently. He just needs a few mates to follow him.

unless there was a course called "Creeping 101", then he would be a professor.

Half way mark Team of the Year (Difficult)

B. Mutton (HOPPERS) Mangan (SPOT) Russo (ALTONA)

HB. Harrison (SUNS) Bonnet (COLTS) Jacobs (SUNS)

C. Couch (SPOT) Foley (SUNS) O'Keefe (SPOT)

HF. Mitchell (HOPPERS) Wiggins (SUNS) Jenkins (St ALB)

F. McGregor (COLTS) Keenan (SPOT) Bloomfield (ALB)

Rucks. McGhie (SPOT) Lewis (SPOT) Douglas (SUNS)

Int.
Jose (St ALB), Miles (ALTONA), Floreani (COLTS), M.Nicolaides (HEIGHTS)

Creates a good bit of debate and dominated by the top two teams, with the forward line also picking itself. The bloke most unlucky would be Julier but Mcghie has been the best big guy and Jose really good:thumbsu:

what has couch done? overrated by a mile, im a albion man and he didnt touch it that game. get your heads out of the sand and think about it . alot of better players than him

norm heath a good family friend of mine, i'd even call him a best mate. he is coaching west for free so back off bagging him everyone ok???????? not many blokes going though what he is for nothing ok?

what has couch done? overrated by a mile, im a albion man and he didnt touch it that game. get your heads out of the sand and think about it . alot of better players than him

Reliable sources tell me that Couch has been in Spotswoods best players every game bar one - the Albion game. He did really well against Colts.
Perhaps you need to get your head out of the sand, but then you are from Albion.

I reckon Norm Heath is a 10 times better coach than Libba, his speaking and his moves are better and he actually cares. Keep him around for a few years yet i reckon.

Sounds like Norm is doing a good job at West going by your recent results,don't know much about him care to fill us in on where he played and coached before.

Sounds like Norm is doing a good job at West going by your recent results,don't know much about him care to fill us in on where he played and coached before.

Was quite a good rover for West back in the 70's, played at least 200 games there, has coached deer park, Spotty reserves (i think), West reserves last year and heaps of junior sides....loves his footy, just has to stop wearing his Bulldogs cap while he's coaching....ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back