Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand Spotswood still have Jensen, Bond and Couch to come into their side over the next couple of weeks. Plus a couple of kids knocking on the door. Seems they will only get stronger as the finals approach.

I understand Spotswood still have Jensen, Bond and Couch to come into their side over the next couple of weeks. Plus a couple of kids knocking on the door. Seems they will only get stronger as the finals approach.

Don't forget Dumbleton, McKenzie, Pope, Fowler, S. Wood and E. Wood who have all played regular Senior Footy this year when available !!

Not all are going to be available but certainly some quality missing when you also include the 3 you mentioned.

Don't forget Dumbleton, McKenzie, Pope, Fowler, S. Wood and E. Wood who have all played regular Senior Footy this year when available !!

Not all are going to be available but certainly some quality missing when you also include the 3 you mentioned.

ease up Thunder starting to sound a bit like Danny,

Interesting reading on the edfl forum that the pekkes brothers have gone back to greenvale....mite make it difficult for the cats to make the finals now.
Looks like it may come down to rd 18 colts v altona...hoppers v spotty!!
I know our recent form isn't the best but just a matter of rectifying a few issues and getiing some confidence back and we will be back on the winners list.
great form by the pekkes brothers great recruiting from the cats again asked to take a pay cut so decided to head back to greenvale no wonder they get to the last day of the year then fall when blokes like these two are running around

great form by the pekkes brothers great recruiting from the cats again asked to take a pay cut so decided to head back to greenvale no wonder they get to the last day of the year then fall when blokes like these two are running around

There is more too come people out of the cattery, whispers surrounding the coach and ex-edfl players are rife:thumbsu:

Also Point Cook whispered to be back-flipping on the move into the amatuers:thumbsu:

Lastly - Spotty maintain favoritism but I can not believe everyone is not rating St Albans??? They keep winning and no-one is giving them any respect at the moment:thumbsu:

There is more too come people out of the cattery, whispers surrounding the coach and ex-edfl players are rife:thumbsu:

Also Point Cook whispered to be back-flipping on the move into the amatuers:thumbsu:

Lastly - Spotty maintain favoritism but I can not believe everyone is not rating St Albans??? They keep winning and no-one is giving them any respect at the moment:thumbsu:

A related post spoke of poor form of Peakes brothers leaving Albion because of money issues. Would anyone expect any different since it was obviously coin that got them there in the first place? If true, it's pretty unrealistic to think that they would take a pay cut on the chin.

Ric Flair says 'To be the man, you got to beat the man.' Sides will get their respect when they beat Spotty. Sunshine have it, St Albans need to go get it. Before anyone decides to chip in and accuse me of gloating, it's got nothing to do with my allegiances it's just a fact. You have to beat the best not the second best to get some respect. I think the return leg will be a very good contest.

A related post spoke of poor form of Peakes brothers leaving Albion because of money issues. Would anyone expect any different since it was obviously coin that got them there in the first place? If true, it's pretty unrealistic to think that they would take a pay cut on the chin.

Ric Flair says 'To be the man, you got to beat the man.' Sides will get their respect when they beat Spotty. Sunshine have it, St Albans need to go get it. Before anyone decides to chip in and accuse me of gloating, it's got nothing to do with my allegiances it's just a fact. You have to beat the best not the second best to get some respect. I think the return leg will be a very good contest.

Only need to wait 8 days.

A bit of decent footy talk on here... good stuff.

ST ALBANS - Agree with Filo that the bad result against Spotty is probably the reson that people do not see them as a genuine chance. Apart from that there form can't be faulted. From an outsider Ian Denning seems like a quality coach and he should take a lot of the credit for the improvement. The improvement in St Albans this season shows that you dont need to bring in a heap of high priced big name recruits and a coach with AFL experience to get things moving in the right direction.

On the Pekes brothers I also think that it is harsh to have a go at them for leaving IF they were asked to take a pay cut. Money would have been one of the major factors in getting them across and if the agreement has changed it is only fair that they can also change their mind.

Hey all

For those that may be interested, this Saturday has seen a change in game location for Werribee Tigers, with there game now being played at Chirnside Park instead of Casey.

There will be some good local talent running around in both the Seniors and Reserves.

The games will commence as follows : Seniors 2:45pm and Reserves 5:30pm.

The Social Room will be open from 2:15pm

The Geelong Falcons vs Western Jets game will be played as a Curtain Raiser, beginning at noon

Come on Phippsy, sorry I mean Danny Ocean, what is the latest on the 35 injured players at Hoppers ?

Unfortunately received a few more on the w/e, give some of the younger blokes a chance in the 1's and is great for the future of the club. On the future of the club I just want to say a massive congratulations to Jake Mutton on playing his 300th game for Hoppers. It's a huge effort by such a young kid, he has grown up at the club and is captain also and on top of that has 2 premiership medellions to go with all of that. Massive game for us this week and this will add to the build up. Good luck Jake and GO HOPPERS!.

From what i heard Point Cook are coming back and almost certainly 3 divisions next year with 2 sides getting relegated from division 1. Don't know if that means 2nd division premiers aren't coming up or not but they probably won't want to anyway lol

From what i heard Point Cook are coming back and almost certainly 3 divisions next year with 2 sides getting relegated from division 1. Don't know if that means 2nd division premiers aren't coming up or not but they probably won't want to anyway lol

Can't see how the league could possibly go to 3 Divisions next season. Purely from my own clubs point of view it's a complete joke. There are rules in place at the start of the season (Bottom team relegated) and now all of a sudden there are 2 teams being relegated?

I am sure this is something that the past admin of the comp would have done but the current admin seems to be more reasonable and in tune with what the clubs want so I would be suprised if the split to 3 divisions happened before 2012. It is only fair that clubs know what the ramifacations are of ladder postitions BEFORE the season commences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see how the league could possibly go to 3 Divisions next season. Purely from my own clubs point of view it's a complete joke. There are rules in place at the start of the season (Bottom team relegated) and now all of a sudden there are 2 teams being relegated?

I am sure this is something that the past admin of the comp would have done but the current admin seems to be more reasonable and in tune with what the clubs want so I would be suprised if the split to 3 divisions happened before 2012. It is only fair that clubs know what the ramifacations are of ladder postitions BEFORE the season commences.

Unfortunately for some GB50 it will happen, from what the league have suggested over the past weeks they are 100% going to go to a 3 division competition next year. Point Cook have agreed to join into the WRFL and C-Springs will be also. I don't know exactly what the relegation and promotion will be but we will see 3 division that is for sure. A few years back in the Northern FL it happened a few rounds into the season, they dropped teams back and worked it out on results. So to do it at seasons end it can happen and will.

I am sure there are a few things going on in the background that many of us philosophical footy followers of the west don't know about.
One suggestion many years ago was to have 3 divisions, with a varying scale of expenses to be involved in each, where clubs could find their own level to play at.
At the end of the day, the WRFL wants to increase participation in the sport and develop/maintain a strong div 1, so maybe 3 divisions could do this.
If point cook and caroline springs come in to the senior comp, then they may need to look at it anyway. They may also need to look at acquiring a couple of other teams to round out the comps.

It will provide interesting conversations on here.

Perhaps 2 divisions with a club 18's for a 3 tier....

Also, i know this happens in all leagues but no one wants to constantly see 100 point margins in multiple games each round. that is for both divisions this year.

Word is GBF50 that your club is one of those two teams that will be relegated. :thumbsu:

Oh now they do it? Keeping the A3's up all those years ago would have meant a local career extension for hacks like me. Bring back the days of a Viscount cigarette and a sip or two of a can at half time!:thumbsu: Haha!

Not sure if Point Cook has been told that they are going back, has anyone told them :confused:

One or two interesting games this weekend...

Glenorden v Colts - Colts by 101 pts
Hoppers v Albion - Hoppers by 23 pts - will be interesting to see if the wheels fall off for Albion with the departures mentioned during the week
S Heights v Sunshine - Sunshine by 54 pts
St Albans v Altona - St Albans by 3 pts - tipping a close game here, Altona need to sneak one of these games to keep their finals chances alive but think St Albans will get over the line, just....
West v Spotty - Spotty by 100+ pts - good to see another two of our under 18s playing their first senior games this week, I'm sure they will give a good account of themselves! good work boys

Glenorden v Colts - Colts by 101 pts
Hoppers v Albion - Hoppers by 23 pts - will be interesting to see if the wheels fall off for Albion with the departures mentioned during the week
S Heights v Sunshine - Sunshine by 54 pts
St Albans v Altona - St Albans by 3 pts - tipping a close game here, Altona need to sneak one of these games to keep their finals chances alive but think St Albans will get over the line, just....
West v Spotty - Spotty by 100+ pts - good to see another two of our under 18s playing their first senior games this week, I'm sure they will give a good account of themselves! good work boys

Half our side is under 18s ha ha

For what it's worth....
Colts by 10 points
Albion by 37 points
Sunshine by 89 points
St.Albans by 66 points
Spotty by.....hopefully i'll wake up and it was just all a dream.

Not sure if Point Cook has been told that they are going back, has anyone told them :confused:
Think you will find P/C would prefer to stay in the Amos, however the travelling to the games is becoming a bit of an issue for players. So their hand may be forced to join WRFL.

On the 3 divvy system. I would be very surprised if the league went ahead and did it with out the existing clubs voteing on it.

Assuming it would be 8 in Divv1, 8 in Divv2, with the addition of P/C and C/Springs, the league would have to find 2 other clubs to join so that Divv3 would be at least 8 teams.
This is ONLY an EXAMPLE:
Divv1 Divv2 Divv3

Spotty Glenorden Wyndhamvale
St Albans West/Foots Laverton
Sunshine North/Foots Braybrook
Altona Albanvale Nth Sunshine

Hoppers Coburg Dist Point Cook
Albion Parkside Caroline Springs
P/Colts Deer Park Rockbank
S/Heights Yarraville Melton Centrals

Again, just an EXAMPLE.
So we have a side like Wyndhamvale who are working so hard for their club to succeed on and off the field, suddenly finding themselves in 3rd division. Extreamly proud clubs like P/Colts and Parkside suddenly fighting relegation. Does it then become a 16 round season with an interleague game (players payed by the league) followed by a weeks break (which means players not selected have a 2 week break)? Less canteen and Bar takings with a lesser season.
Could go on but in my view (and only my view)
Lets promote this years divvy 2 g/f teams and not relegate a divv1 side.
This means divv1 becomes a 12 team comp again with the bottom 5 sides at least being competative with each other and a better chance of recruiting to say your a divv1 side. Bring P/C and C/Springs in and divv2 remains 10 team comp. Promotion/relegation remains the same any team that wins divv2 flag is offered their fees waved for their first year in divv1.

Have a look at the above example guys and if your club isn't going to benefit from 3 divvys, and there is a vote. then vote NO.
Going on with more to add but better stop at that. Good luck to all on w/end.:thumbsu:

Who are the new U18 boys and who has been left out ?

Think you will find P/C would prefer to stay in the Amos, however the travelling to the games is becoming a bit of an issue for players. So their hand may be forced to join WRFL.

On the 3 divvy system. I would be very surprised if the league went ahead and did it with out the existing clubs voteing on it.

Assuming it would be 8 in Divv1, 8 in Divv2, with the addition of P/C and C/Springs, the league would have to find 2 other clubs to join so that Divv3 would be at least 8 teams.
This is ONLY an EXAMPLE:
Divv1 Divv2 Divv3

Spotty Glenorden Wyndhamvale
St Albans West/Foots Laverton
Sunshine North/Foots Braybrook
Altona Albanvale Nth Sunshine

Hoppers Coburg Dist Point Cook
Albion Parkside Caroline Springs
P/Colts Deer Park Rockbank
S/Heights Yarraville Melton Centrals

Again, just an EXAMPLE.
So we have a side like Wyndhamvale who are working so hard for their club to succeed on and off the field, suddenly finding themselves in 3rd division. Extreamly proud clubs like P/Colts and Parkside suddenly fighting relegation. Does it then become a 16 round season with an interleague game (players payed by the league) followed by a weeks break (which means players not selected have a 2 week break)? Less canteen and Bar takings with a lesser season.
Could go on but in my view (and only my view)
Lets promote this years divvy 2 g/f teams and not relegate a divv1 side.
This means divv1 becomes a 12 team comp again with the bottom 5 sides at least being competative with each other and a better chance of recruiting to say your a divv1 side. Bring P/C and C/Springs in and divv2 remains 10 team comp. Promotion/relegation remains the same any team that wins divv2 flag is offered their fees waved for their first year in divv1.

Have a look at the above example guys and if your club isn't going to benefit from 3 divvys, and there is a vote. then vote NO.
Going on with more to add but better stop at that. Good luck to all on w/end.:thumbsu:

I think you will find that Point Cook Football Club are very happy in the VAFA expecially the playing group. The WRFL would have to put up a pretty special offer to entice us accross, i really don`t think there is an offer that could be accepted!!!
And i enjoyed all the time i spent with the WRFL and the people i know associated with the competition.
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back