Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the new U18 boys and who has been left out ?

Alex Hall and Bryce Miles are the U 18's who have come up as we have a couple of guys unavailable this week so nobody left out as such.

Jack Charleston is not playing this week after being called up to the Western Jets after making his senior debut with us last week!

Have spoken to a few reliable sources at Albion over the week who say Harro has this week against the Warriors to show why he should finish the year off as coach.
Has promised the world to the club but hasn't delivered a thing yet.
Interesting read on the EDFL forum, ex saint coach Steven Kolyniuk could be a certainty to coach Albion next year after some meaningful discussions.

Have spoken to a few reliable sources at Albion over the week who say Harro has this week against the Warriors to show why he should finish the year off as coach.
Interesting read on the EDFL forum, ex saint coach Steven Kolyniuk could be a certainty to coach Albion next year after some meaningful discussions.

He should finish off the year as coach regardless of the result. If every coach was axed part way through a season due to unfulfilled promises there would only be two maybe three original coaches left in it.
The only way to predict whether all promises will be fulfilled is with a crystal ball and we all know how effective that is. B.S IMO! Fulfill contracts and then talk about broken promises.

Oh now they do it? Keeping the A3's up all those years ago would have meant a local career extension for hacks like me. Bring back the days of a Viscount cigarette and a sip or two of a can at half time!:thumbsu: Haha!

Filo a current top div 2s reserves, your A3 side have to be the same

it's a pretty ordinary call for Albion, if thats the truth Harro has proble been one of the most successful coaches in the EDFL and for Albion to sack him says alot for the club. Everyone bare Albions a winner there

Write us of at your peril...our form while not very good is also not as bad as it looks...we had alot of players missing against altona and had the game there for the taking, spotty are smasking everyone, as i stated early still had 22 shots at goal, alot better than other finals contenders have been able to achieve. Again on the week end our effort was pretty good in patches just made alot of skill errors and when lacking confidence we choose some bad options. We will keep training hard and once we get a win we will get back on track.
With home games against hoppers, albion, sunshine, altona and the bottom 3 away, we have a good run home, along with getting 4 or 5 senior players back, we will be definately playing a part come finals time!!

Come on J.C you should be in bed right now. Will catch up next week V Hoppers really looking forward to it, havent been down all year cant wait.

The only reason im still up - Because ive still got Crownies in the fridge.

Filo a current top div 2s reserves, your A3 side have to be the same

I may have been Div 2 reserves standard but I reckon our team would have done well in the A1's reserves. St Albans had a great team back then and they would give today's A1 reserves a good run. Back in those days there were a lot of blokes playing in the 3's of the strong A1 clubs because they couldn't train. Many of these would have walked into the reserves had they been able to commit.
Before anyone has a crack....I don't put myself in that company. I was ok at best but enjoyed the social aspect. Training was not something I wanted to do on a Thursday night when I could have been at the Millers Inn getting a skin full before 7pm.:thumbsu:

I think Altona showed the league that they are a fine outfit this year & not just finals contenders but also contenders for a top 2 finish if they keep on goin the way they are!:thumbsu:

Port Colts not alot goin right down there?

I like many others enjoy our local football and am interested in results etc.. from the various local Leagues. For example over an hour ago I was able to see that Hanifi Pekes played for Greenvale Reserves today in their narrow win over Strathmore. I was also able to see that East Burwood inflicted Balwyn's fourth defeat for the season.

BUT at 8.30pm I cannot find Results or Ladders on the WRFL Website.

Is it the Home Clubs not sending results in on time or at all ? Is this the reason why the WRFL results in the Sunday Papers have been incomplete or absent frequently this season ?

If it is the Clubs at fault then the WRFL should be doing something about it. If a polite reminder is not working then imposing a fine might be the answer.

If it is the Fault of the WRFL then they should fine themselves and give that money back to the Clubs.

It is a difficult task to promote the League and promote interest in what is happening on the field when we cannot even get the results and ladders (and I don't mean under the 'progressive scores' section) up and going within a reasonable time of the end of the day's games.

Just a thought !!

I like many others enjoy our local football and am interested in results etc.. from the various local Leagues. For example over an hour ago I was able to see that Hanifi Pekes played for Greenvale Reserves today in their narrow win over Strathmore. I was also able to see that East Burwood inflicted Balwyn's fourth defeat for the season.

BUT at 8.30pm I cannot find Results or Ladders on the WRFL Website.

Is it the Home Clubs not sending results in on time or at all ? Is this the reason why the WRFL results in the Sunday Papers have been incomplete or absent frequently this season ?

If it is the Clubs at fault then the WRFL should be doing something about it. If a polite reminder is not working then imposing a fine might be the answer.

If it is the Fault of the WRFL then they should fine themselves and give that money back to the Clubs.

It is a difficult task to promote the League and promote interest in what is happening on the field when we cannot even get the results and ladders (and I don't mean under the 'progressive scores' section) up and going within a reasonable time of the end of the day's games.

Just a thought !!

Good post, i always scroll through the net saturday nite after the game.
All leagues have the scores completed on the website with ladders, the wrfl has nothing...dissapointing.

Good post, i always scroll through the net saturday nite after the game.
All leagues have the scores completed on the website with ladders, the wrfl has nothing...dissapointing.

That's wrong.

The WRFL has the best and goals available for all teams in the 'progressive scores' link on its website.

That's wrong.

The WRFL has the best and goals available for all teams in the 'progressive scores' link on its website.

"It is a difficult task to promote the League and promote interest in what is happening on the field when we cannot even get the results and ladders (and I don't mean under the 'progressive scores' section) up and going within a reasonable time of the end of the day's games."

I don't want to get into a running commentary here westernrangers but you are wrong on 2 counts.

1. You obviously did not read my original post (snippet above) where I said (and I don't mean under the 'progressive scores' section)

because

2. A case in point this week was that there was no best and goals for the Port Colts v Glen Orden Game. This is a common problem over the previous weeks and obviously there are no ladders here either.

But hey, who am I to complain. Here it is 2.49am Sunday and I can update myself on the WRFL information !!

No I cannot !!

Under the heading "WRFL Round 12 Results, Best & Goalkickers" there is still no PMC v GO goalkickers or best. How do we find out how Rock went ??

Under Fixtures/Results there is still nothing, including a ladder, at the completion of Round 11 which was now yesterday !!

Hopefully you get my drift !!

"It is a difficult task to promote the League and promote interest in what is happening on the field when we cannot even get the results and ladders (and I don't mean under the 'progressive scores' section) up and going within a reasonable time of the end of the day's games."

I don't want to get into a running commentary here westernrangers but you are wrong on 2 counts.

1. You obviously did not read my original post (snippet above) where I said (and I don't mean under the 'progressive scores' section)

because

2. A case in point this week was that there was no best and goals for the Port Colts v Glen Orden Game. This is a common problem over the previous weeks and obviously there are no ladders here either.

But hey, who am I to complain. Here it is 2.49am Sunday and I can update myself on the WRFL information !!

No I cannot !!

Under the heading "WRFL Round 12 Results, Best & Goalkickers" there is still no PMC v GO goalkickers or best. How do we find out how Rock went ??

Under Fixtures/Results there is still nothing, including a ladder, at the completion of Round 11 which was now yesterday !!

Hopefully you get my drift !!

Sorry Thunderballs, but I wasn't replying to yourpost!

I was actually replying to Rock07.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's wrong.

even still, i jumped on the wrfl website on sunday morning, the results are up, late, the goalkickers are up but the ladder has not been updated. this to me suggests its slackness from the wrfl and not the clubs.

Great night last night at Mr Spotswood the boys were up and about. Joel Salmond took out Mr Spotswood title by 1 vote over Ben Pope. While Molzy and Okka hosted the night. Molzy sang a Tom petty classic, free falling but changed the words to Luke molen absolute classic. While Tom Delaney look like the man out the cadbury chocolate ad from his four coat spray tan.

Altona move to 3rd with a big win that i dont think many would have picked them to win

Hoppers also lost to Albion i was expecting them to come out and win easily

Good see the league so close form 3rd to 7th

Altona move to 3rd with a big win that i dont think many would have picked them to win

Hoppers also lost to Albion i was expecting them to come out and win easily

Good see the league so close form 3rd to 7th

:thumbsdown: Where the f--- do you find the ladder? :confused: :mad:

:thumbsdown: Where the f--- do you find the ladder? :confused: :mad:

There was a small write up on the WRFL website just saying Altona move to 3rd after there win

Preety piss weak they still havnt updated the results

Checked the ladder about half hour ago and it had been updated... not sure why it has to be downloaded into an excel file though, and not shown ON THE WEBSITE!!!

Great night last night at Mr Spotswood the boys were up and about. Joel Salmond took out Mr Spotswood title by 1 vote over Ben Pope. While Molzy and Okka hosted the night. Molzy sang a Tom petty classic, free falling but changed the words to Luke molen absolute classic. While Tom Delaney look like the man out the cadbury chocolate ad from his four coat spray tan.

I love you Daniel, it's been 331 days since our last beer and i'm thirsty bruss!!!!!!!

How'd you go??

Good to hear big snag took out the chocolate drive!

I love you Daniel, it's been 331 days since our last beer and i'm thirsty bruss!!!!!!!

How'd you go??

Good to hear big snag took out the chocolate drive!

We will having a beer at L.J's wedding looking forward to it. For some reason I wasn't voted into the top six but would of been a chance for biggest nose but the changed it to best bum this year cause I kept on taking it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back