Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im really looking forward to this weeks match between Altona and $Hoppers$.

This game is huge for both clubs. We all know Hoppers only throw money around to get players and cant produce good quality footballers from thier juniors.

While the majority of Altona players are home grown stock. Coached the right way in a right atmosphere and now you see the results as they all make there mark on the WRFL.

I really hope Altona play to at least half of there potential because if they do they will smash $Hoppers$. Thus ending Hoppers chance at a top 3 finish and putting Altona one step closer to securing there own top 3 spot.

For the competions sake Im sure we all hope this happens proving to the rest of the league that the right path towards success is through your juniors and not throwing around pokie money to get players.

GO VIKINGS!

Pull your head in flog

The majority of the side who took to the field last week would have been former Hoppers juniors and the club has blooded a number of U/18's and young reserves players this season to give them a taste of the grade. Each senior player has spent time with numerous junior teams at training and games as the club works hard at keeping its home grown talent and introducing them to senior football.

This game is huge for both clubs. We all know Hoppers only throw money around to get players and cant produce good quality footballers from thier juniors.

While the majority of Altona players are home grown stock. Coached the right way in a right atmosphere and now you see the results as they all make there mark on the WRFL.

I really hope Altona play to at least half of there potential because if they do they will smash $Hoppers$. Thus ending Hoppers chance at a top 3 finish and putting Altona one step closer to securing there own top 3 spot.

For the competions sake Im sure we all hope this happens proving to the rest of the league that the right path towards success is through your juniors and not throwing around pokie money to get players.

GO VIKINGS!

The fishing rod is out.... surely this is enough to get Danny Ocean out of hiding:thumbsu:

C'mon enough talk about Altona
Can we get back to the REAL ISSUES of the WRFL like how is Big Bad Bustling J CLARK from Port Colts travelling? I hope the hips are OK.

I'm sure there are enough people on here to tell you how bad i'm going.
Body is feeling ok, the coach looks after me, only have to play 3/4 a game!!

Regardless of wheather or not Altona makes finals im sure the club itself will look at this year as a sucess.
Last year Altona only managed 7 wins, the year before i think it was 3/4 wins mabye??
This year Altona have allready got 9, and you would think they could win at least 1/2 of their last 5 (Home games against Hoppers and Albion, mabye knock of Colts at Colts)
Finals with a team as young as Altonas would be a massive plus, for the Club itself, and also for the players. But even finishing 6th with 9/10/11 wins, would be counted as a great achievement, for a club that has been one of the wipping boys over the past 5 years....

Few tips on the year;
Spotty to win the Flag
Crackers for the goals
West for Relegation
All no thoughters
Timmy Jenkins for the league
Alex Vivoda for the rookie

Ladder;
Spotty
Sunshine
Albion
St Albans
Altona
Hoppers
Colts
Heights
Glenorden
West

GO VIKINGS!

hahahaha, please......whats this dribble about

C'mon enough talk about Altona
Can we get back to the REAL ISSUES of the WRFL like how is Big Bad Bustling J CLARK from Port Colts travelling? I hope the hips are OK.

yeah i agree. some of these are getting way out of control. i'm expecting altona to be the next club in the afl the way some of these "altona" blokes are going on. good for a laugh though!

GO VIKINGS!

Yeh keep writing us off. We shall see how the game unfolds this week won't we. I still don't think people realise how much of an unlucky season hoppers have had this year with the amount of injuries seeming to increase every week. I believe very soon we will have a full side running around. And in terms of the juniors there r 3 players playing 1s at the moment 18 years of age. To be able to beat colts on the weekend at their fortress with the young side running around, I believe we have turned a corner nd can't wait to play against the young blokes at altona to see how we compare against the supposedly the superior juniors.

Yeh keep writing us off. We shall see how the game unfolds this week won't we. I still don't think people realise how much of an unlucky season hoppers have had this year with the amount of injuries seeming to increase every week. I believe very soon we will have a full side running around. And in terms of the juniors there r 3 players playing 1s at the moment 18 years of age. To be able to beat colts on the weekend at their fortress with the young side running around, I believe we have turned a corner nd can't wait to play against the young blokes at altona to see how we compare against the supposedly the superior juniors.

I keep hearing about the injury crisis at Hoppers but nobody ever seems to be able to list any names. Any chance you can put the issue to bed by listing some names of the injured players and how many games they have missed for the season?

if the flag winners in 2nd div stay down and west have to stay in 1st div what impact will that have on west? why doesn't the league have 1 game a week at whitten oval on sundays good way to promote the league, evenly distribute the games so everyone can look at each club especially altona there gonna kill it next year:thumbsdown:

Enough Altona

This week should be the discussion but before we get there and too simplify Big Footy?

What is Altona's plan to curb the dominace of Geelong oooppps sorry Spotty?:)

GB50 - good point Hoppers injuries please? Clonan 1. Murphy early 2. ?????????????????????????? NEWSFLASH - everyone has injuries:D

Rock - Think you have some new admirers possibly come from your seconment to EDFL:thumbsu:

Seriously if talking the past then Spotty flogging the Saints should be the head topic, but COkeefe may have spilled the beans. Or even better lets talk about this week as it is massive and noticed the cattery faithful have gone all hush, hush. (Keep off big footy could be the message)?

would supporters out there like to post there predictions on there top 3 in the clubs best and fairest. also massive round this week if colts can beat albion could make it interesting.

I keep hearing about the injury crisis at Hoppers but nobody ever seems to be able to list any names. Any chance you can put the issue to bed by listing some names of the injured players and how many games they have missed for the season?

Why would I give the opposition, in particular altona the insight of who may or not be playing. If any ;)

Clonan - 6weeks, Czepil - season, Morsello - 6weeks, Jenson - 6weeks, B.Montebruno - season, Brierty - 10 weeks, Murphy - 4weeks,
Butty - 4weeks, Smith - 3weeks, Merrifield - 3weeks, Mcintosh - 2weeks, Young - 2weeks, Mitchell - 1week, T.Montebruno - 1 week.

Above are all regular senior players. Only Two wont play again this season but the rest either played on the weekend or will be returning this week or next so coming good for the right time of the year.

No point biting back at what that peanut said about Hoppers spending big $$$, as mentioned previously our team on the weekend that got over the line against Colts had 19 ex HCFC juniors and the other 3 have been at the club for 3 - 6 years. I would say that is called playing the juniors.

Did Altona's team at the weekend have 19 ex juniors in it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clonan - 6weeks, Czepil - season, Morsello - 6weeks, Jenson - 6weeks, B.Montebruno - season, Brierty - 10 weeks, Murphy - 4weeks,
Butty - 4weeks, Smith - 3weeks, Merrifield - 3weeks, Mcintosh - 2weeks, Young - 2weeks, Mitchell - 1week, T.Montebruno - 1 week.

Above are all regular senior players. Only Two wont play again this season but the rest either played on the weekend or will be returning this week or next so coming good for the right time of the year.

No point biting back at what that peanut said about Hoppers spending big $$$, as mentioned previously our team on the weekend that got over the line against Colts had 19 ex HCFC juniors and the other 3 have been at the club for 3 - 6 years. I would say that is called playing the juniors.

Did Altona's team at the weekend have 19 ex juniors in it?[/quote]

It would have, where they played juniors is a different thing! lol

They have one ex Hoppers junior/senior:D:D:D!!

Danny O -

you forgot Chris Barry - season and career ending knee injury. massive loss of a key player.

the list itself has lost 19 players from last year, including the B&F winner and the 2nd or third leading goal kicker, with only one regular senior recuit of any note (Morgan)

while there is still a fair chunk of the season left, if HCFC make the finals it would be a fair effort.

fair list,
got me thinking how clubs compare with players used,played all games etc.
so at rnd 13
.......total used, have plyd 10 or more, plyd everygame , plyd 1 or 2games
hoppers.... 37......... 16...... 8..... 9
spotty ......40......... 17...... 7 ....10
sunshine... 34......... 16...... 4..... 2
altona ......38......... 17...... 6..... 6
albion .......40......... 13...... 7..... 7
port .........41......... 16...... 4..... 9
st alb....... 35......... 19...... 8..... 6

so over all things look very similair

You make out that list are superstars a couple them would strggle to get a game

fair list,
got me thinking how clubs compare with players used,played all games etc.
so at rnd 13
.......total used, have plyd 10 or more, plyd everygame , plyd 1 or 2games
hoppers.... 37......... 16...... 8..... 9
spotty ......40......... 17...... 7 ....10
sunshine... 34......... 16...... 4..... 2
altona ......38......... 17...... 6..... 6
albion .......40......... 13...... 7..... 7
port .........41......... 16...... 4..... 9
st alb....... 35......... 19...... 8..... 6

so over all things look very similair

LOL that makes things very interesting

Have not heard other teams whinge about injuries

You make out that list are superstars a couple them would strggle to get a game

You seem to know so much about Hoppers as the majority of your posts on here is about us, please name the couple that would struggle to get a game:confused:.

Am also interested in who you think out of Danny's list wouldn't get a game? Go on....
Was at Hoppers V Colts on the weekend and can honestly say the best side won on the day and played a pretty good brand of footy considering the conditions.But thats where the accolades stop !!!!! As someone else has pointed out on here every club has an does get injuries,some worse than others, big f---in deal.Colts lost half their GF side from last year along with a couple of other senior players and have had injuries all year to quite an inferior list compared to past years,Big f---in deal.You play the cards your dealt and you get on with it.Altona could have had something to whinge about with the injuries to their key players early in the season but they got on with it without sooking and deserve to play finals.I the suppose the bleating about injuries on here from Hoppers is to be expected if you have ever watched them play.Witnessed first hand on the weekend the 22 Hoppers players actually umpire the game.Had heard about this before but never actually seen it.

Was at Hoppers V Colts on the weekend and can honestly say the best side won on the day and played a pretty good brand of footy considering the conditions.But thats where the accolades stop !!!!! As someone else has pointed out on here every club has an does get injuries,some worse than others, big f---in deal.Colts lost half their GF side from last year along with a couple of other senior players and have had injuries all year to quite an inferior list compared to past years,Big f---in deal.You play the cards your dealt and you get on with it.Altona could have had something to whinge about with the injuries to their key players early in the season but they got on with it without sooking and deserve to play finals.I the suppose the bleating about injuries on here from Hoppers is to be expected if you have ever watched them play.Witnessed first hand on the weekend the 22 Hoppers players actually umpire the game.Had heard about this before but never actually seen it.

That's nice and all......was wondering who BEEG thought wouldn't get a game out of Danny's list?

Are you kidding me:confused: Colt's are the masters of upiring the game, I also recall seeing a seasoned player (from the COLTS) go to the umpires at 3 qtr time and have a go at them.

Also on "the bleating about injuries" if you go back through the posts you will find only when asked/prompted have I or any other Hoppers person mentioned it.

You are spot on about all clubs having injuries, hence we have not spoken about it unless prompted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back