Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at Hoppers V Colts on the weekend and can honestly say the best side won on the day and played a pretty good brand of footy considering the conditions.But thats where the accolades stop !!!!! As someone else has pointed out on here every club has an does get injuries,some worse than others, big f---in deal.Colts lost half their GF side from last year along with a couple of other senior players and have had injuries all year to quite an inferior list compared to past years,Big f---in deal.You play the cards your dealt and you get on with it.Altona could have had something to whinge about with the injuries to their key players early in the season but they got on with it without sooking and deserve to play finals.I the suppose the bleating about injuries on here from Hoppers is to be expected if you have ever watched them play.Witnessed first hand on the weekend the 22 Hoppers players actually umpire the game.Had heard about this before but never actually seen it.

We did loose some quality in perkins, hoath and jacobs x 2 but not as much as half, we have had some injuries this year and unavailability, but the coach has got some good kids in the senior side, butler d'altera and fairley, along with blooding a few others.
We have lost some games we should have won, 3 in particular and that would have us in a different position on the ladder, so players have to take some responsability for that.
It was always going to be a difficult year after the controversy that was, when Jack was not allowed to coach, our preparation pre season was not as good as it could have been with a new coach taking over but in the circumstances he has done his best.
I think next year with a few recruits and better preparation and all knowing and understanding playing for a new coach the boys will be right up there again.
In saying that win our last 5 games and anything is possible and we may not make it but at least we can shape it.

Are you kidding me:confused: Colt's are the masters of upiring the game, I also recall seeing a seasoned player (from the COLTS) go to the umpires at 3 qtr time and have a go at them.

Also on "the bleating about injuries" if you go back through the posts you will find only when asked/prompted have I or any other Hoppers person mentioned it.

You are spot on about all clubs having injuries, hence we have not spoken about it unless prompted.

Firstly hopper's are the kings of umpiring....
I asked the ump, never had a go at him for a bit more consistency.
At the end of the day hoppers deserved to win the game as they played as a team alot better than us, umpiring was and always is minor.
There were some very soft free kicks paid and that is frustrating but it never effected the result...Very rarely does...unless!!!

Also on "the bleating about injuries" if you go back through the posts you will find only when asked/prompted have I or any other Hoppers person mentioned it.

I think the talk of injuries came up after you lost to Spotty and Ezard was quoted in the local paper saying "we had 23 players out injured".

Was at Hoppers V Colts on the weekend and can honestly say the best side won on the day and played a pretty good brand of footy considering the conditions.But thats where the accolades stop !!!!! As someone else has pointed out on here every club has an does get injuries,some worse than others, big f---in deal.Colts lost half their GF side from last year along with a couple of other senior players and have had injuries all year to quite an inferior list compared to past years,Big f---in deal.You play the cards your dealt and you get on with it.Altona could have had something to whinge about with the injuries to their key players early in the season but they got on with it without sooking and deserve to play finals.I the suppose the bleating about injuries on here from Hoppers is to be expected if you have ever watched them play.Witnessed first hand on the weekend the 22 Hoppers players actually umpire the game.Had heard about this before but never actually seen it.

I had to post to this, colts were a mile better than everyone last year, how ever failed at the final hurdle, AGAIN.

Speaking to some of your players after the game they didn't mention many injuries, actually was told that most of the side all played seniors last year. Granted you lost some quality but with core group you have kept your under performing. We lost players of high quality also, after spotswood won the premiership in 2007 they did loose a group of quality players, up to 8 players if i recall.

So no doubt you were not going to be as strong as last year but to go from number 1 to number 7 after the loss off a few players is massive.
I look at your side on the week-end and quality players are every where, i will say though not performing as they have in the past.

Maybe something is going behind the scenes we are not aware of or the players have lost the hunger after being up for so long.

I went to the game expecting us to get beaten and easily with the side we had on the paddock, that is up there with our best win ever against colts, our best was in 2004 in the grand final:thumbsu::eek:

I think the talk of injuries came up after you lost to Spotty and Ezard was quoted in the local paper saying "we had 23 players out injured".

You are correct GB50 and it wasn't a hoppers person who posted the article was it?. As stated at the time it was an exagerated number in the paper.

All i'm saying is only when asked do we speak of injuries, we have no excuses for our losses and especially no excuse for when we were handed our A-holes on a platter from a very good Spotty team.

Enough talk about injuries, Hoppers V Altona is a massive game this week and I can't wait to play against my old mate Milesy!.

Altona over Hoppers 17pts

West over g/orden 4pts

P/Colts over Albion 22pts

Spots over Suns 48pts

St Alb over S/Heights 39pts

I had to post to this, colts were a mile better than everyone last year, how ever failed at the final hurdle, AGAIN.

Speaking to some of your players after the game they didn't mention many injuries, actually was told that most of the side all played seniors last year. Granted you lost some quality but with core group you have kept your under performing. We lost players of high quality also, after spotswood won the premiership in 2007 they did loose a group of quality players, up to 8 players if i recall.

So no doubt you were not going to be as strong as last year but to go from number 1 to number 7 after the loss off a few players is massive.
I look at your side on the week-end and quality players are every where, i will say though not performing as they have in the past.

Maybe something is going behind the scenes we are not aware of or the players have lost the hunger after being up for so long.

I went to the game expecting us to get beaten and easily with the side we had on the paddock, that is up there with our best win ever against colts, our best was in 2004 in the grand final:thumbsu::eek:

Not sure if or who you spoke to but we have a number of players unavailable to put our best team on the paddock.
I would say off the top of my head maybe 16 played seniors last year and probably 14 played played finals last year.
No doubt it's dissapointing to drop down a few positions on the ladder but as stated other than spotty it's all pretty even from 2nd to 7th.
We are still alive so hopefully we can string 5 games together of consistent footy and play some part in finals.....

The comp is very tight this year- Colts may not make the finals this year but if they don't they will go down fighting. A tough and respected club from all reports.
How is the coach down there holding up? Is he the right man for the job? Personally I would reinstate the ROCK- had a very successful run and was the heart and soul of the club!!

not sure if its been confirmed but i'm pretty sure that the league are using crofts reserve, the home of the western jets for finals. if this were to be the case what is everyones thoughts?

we just completed the extension at Crofts, new pavillion upstairs, VIP box etc. but the old section of the rooms/ bar are rubbish. the ground looked in very good nick, and with no games played on there should be still that way. good central and neutral location.

That's nice and all......was wondering who BEEG thought wouldn't get a game out of Danny's list?

Mcintosh would struggle to get a game
Merrifield would be in and out would probally get most games in the 1s because so many people have walked out

Just a couple off the top off my head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are correct GB50 and it wasn't a hoppers person who posted the article was it?. As stated at the time it was an exagerated number in the paper.

All i'm saying is only when asked do we speak of injuries, we have no excuses for our losses and especially no excuse for when we were handed our A-holes on a platter from a very good Spotty team.

Enough talk about injuries, Hoppers V Altona is a massive game this week and I can't wait to play against my old mate Milesy!.

Must say should be a rippa game dont think theres a whole lot between Hoppers and Altona missed the last Hoppers and Altona so hope to see this one went down and watch Altona play 2 weeks ago and must say Milsey did look in rippa form i think he is really enjoying his football these days

Mcintosh would struggle to get a game
Merrifield would be in and out would probally get most games in the 1s because so many people have walked out

Just a couple off the top off my head

As I thought, you have very little idea about our club, just like taking pot shots from behind a screen.

Merrifield finished 2nd or 3rd in our B&F 2years ago and missed majority of last year due to work, and Mcintosh if I recall correctly kicked 4 in last years prelim against Spotty, as mentioned regular senior players!.

As I thought, you have very little idea about our club, just like taking pot shots from behind a screen.

Merrifield finished 2nd or 3rd in our B&F 2years ago and missed majority of last year due to work, and Mcintosh if I recall correctly kicked 4 in last years prelim against Spotty, as mentioned regular senior players!.

Not taking pot shots just my oponion

Remember your the bloke who since the start of round 1 has gone on about injuries when all clubs have them so dont expect to not get peoples oponions

Love to hear your prediction for this week to Danny playing the improving Altona at there home ground

Remember your the bloke who since the start of round 1 has gone on about injuries when all clubs have them

Love to hear your prediction for this week to Danny playing the improving Altona at there home ground

Quite obviously your reading capabilities are on the low side, please go back a day and read that I have only answered questions regarding injuries, never have I gone on about them.

My prediction is the game will be a very free flowing one, both teams enjoy the big ground and if it is not a windy day it will come down to both mid fields and who can hit the forwards up best. Mitchell is a key to our forward line and Uhi is to Altona's. Hopefully is a good day, looking forward to it.

Remember your the bloke who since the start of round 1 has gone on about injuries when all clubs have them so dont expect to not get peoples oponions

Pal Mitch Merrifield would be playing seniors at any WRFL club, excellent size and very athletic and takes a super grab. We were shattered as a club last year when he made him self unavailable, a great young talent.

Leigh 'straughny' Mcintosh in a good Hoppers side may struggle but he has been pretty important over the last 3 years at different stages, if he was able to shed a few kgs he would no doubt become a very good senior footballer.

Quite obviously your reading capabilities are on the low side, please go back a day and read that I have only answered questions regarding injuries, never have I gone on about them.

My prediction is the game will be a very free flowing one, both teams enjoy the big ground and if it is not a windy day it will come down to both mid fields and who can hit the forwards up best. Mitchell is a key to our forward line and Uhi is to Altona's. Hopefully is a good day, looking forward to it.

Bullshit Danny all season you have gone on about not having your best side in and losing players

We did loose some quality in perkins, hoath and jacobs x 2 but not as much as half, we have had some injuries this year and unavailability, but the coach has got some good kids in the senior side, butler d'altera and fairley, along with blooding a few others.
We have lost some games we should have won, 3 in particular and that would have us in a different position on the ladder, so players have to take some responsability for that.
It was always going to be a difficult year after the controversy that was, when Jack was not allowed to coach, our preparation pre season was not as good as it could have been with a new coach taking over but in the circumstances he has done his best.
I think next year with a few recruits and better preparation and all knowing and understanding playing for a new coach the boys will be right up there again.
In saying that win our last 5 games and anything is possible and we may not make it but at least we can shape it.
My apologies Rock.I stand corrected.I wasnt trying to make excuses for Colts when i said half a side actually quite the opposite,just trying to point out,thats footy and you move on and do your best without excuses.Having read your post though i have had a look at the record from last years 2nd Semi and gone through players that played that day that havent played this year.Hoath,Perkins,Jacobs,Jacobs,Heffernan,Winters,Davey,Campbell,Williams and Stevens.Thats 10 mate which is pretty close to half but lets not split hairs :D For one reason or another these Players were probably not going to be playing from even before the Jack cotroversey as you called it but hey thats footy.Dont worry mate you wont be sitting back in a rocking chair before they are a force again.As long as your not playing !!!!! :D

Pal Mitch Merrifield would be playing seniors at any WRFL club, excellent size and very athletic and takes a super grab. We were shattered as a club last year when he made him self unavailable, a great young talent.
Agree with you tige, I only see the odd game here and there but certainly thought back in 08 he had a very good season. And that they missed him last year.

Saw the Warriors a couple of weeks back, I didn't think he played that well and wasn't the same player I remember from a few years ago which is perhaps why some don't rate him. But he's more than capable and Hoppers will need him to find his best form in the next month, and potentially at finals time.

Reece Miles is the one they miss, his line breaking pace was a weapon that set him apart. I honestly felt he could be a VFL standard player and was quite surprised he didn't get that opportunity after doing a VFL preseason.

Agree with you tige, I only see the odd game here and there but certainly thought back in 08 he had a very good season. And that they missed him last year.

Saw the Warriors a couple of weeks back, I didn't think he played that well and wasn't the same player I remember from a few years ago which is perhaps why some don't rate him. But he's more than capable and Hoppers will need him to find his best form in the next month, and potentially at finals time.

Reece Miles is the one they miss, his line breaking pace was a weapon that set him apart. I honestly felt he could be a VFL standard player and was quite surprised he didn't get that opportunity after doing a VFL preseason.

I'm quicker than Reece gonzo...

Maybe off the first half a step Tige19.

Reece is a very good player and as a footballer is missed at Hoppers no doubting that.

BEEG will you be watching the Altona v Hoppers game this week?

Im hoping to i like to get down and watch the local footy when i can and i have watched a couple Hoppers and Altona games so its a good chance to check them out against each other

Will you be playing Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back