Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my opinion and i played against avondale heights this year and have played against spotty, i certainly have nothing against them, i actually admire them, the whole club is very good. As i said earlier their quality at the top is great but runs thin at the bottom end.
At the end of the day there is no way to prove it and all spotty can do is beat who is put in front of them.
It's just my opinion, no right or wrong answer.

Dont agree with much you say on here Rock but this time i think you are the only one speaking any sense.
MarbyPark, Greenvale, Kelior, Oak Park, Strathmore and maybe Avondale would all finish in front of spotty IMO.

Another great win to Altona on the weekend over Hoppers.

The best aspect of the game was the two former Hoppers players destroying Altona.

Miles was by far the best on the ground and Rich kicked the sealer with only a few minutes to go. Turning Clonan inside out and making him look like a Mack Truck.

Even though Rich over celebrated, running along the boundary and high fiveing the the crowd, it was a great moment. To witness two former Hoppers boys ending Hoppers top 3 hopes and hopefully their season.

Go Vikings!

Sorry to take the focus of spotty and the EDFL boys (which in my opinion is crap), but just received some unbelievable news. I wont go with it yet until i make a few other calls but will leave you all with this. A certain A grade club has been rocked by a disapointing event that they are trying their hardest to cover up and sort out before it dismantles their season. I know its a bit rough to leave you hanging but i will say this (just incase its covered up till the season finishes). Those with good memories will recall the reason Spotty declined Mr Khrein's first clearence to Glenorden years ago. Well this will top that. At least those with a good memory now have their ears pricked and know i'm not talking crap. Those who arn't sure, i suggest you play your cards close to your chest and next time your at training, ask yourself who you can trust. REALLY trust:rolleyes:

Sorry to take the focus of spotty and the EDFL boys (which in my opinion is crap), but just received some unbelievable news. I wont go with it yet until i make a few other calls but will leave you all with this. A certain A grade club has been rocked by a disapointing event that they are trying their hardest to cover up and sort out before it dismantles their season. I know its a bit rough to leave you hanging but i will say this (just incase its covered up till the season finishes). Those with good memories will recall the reason Spotty declined Mr Khrein's first clearence to Glenorden years ago. Well this will top that. At least those with a good memory now have their ears pricked and know i'm not talking crap. Those who arn't sure, i suggest you play your cards close to your chest and next time your at training, ask yourself who you can trust. REALLY trust:rolleyes:

Well how about a little more info on what conspired, no names or club so you can't get in trouble or is it just a spin.........

No real value to this post. Sorry mate, no sense of theatre here.

why would a good player, getting offered money chose to play wrfl over an edfl or murray league? the leagues reputation is mud, you have blokes playing full forward for spotty, blatantly swinging punchers only because someone stole his meat pie, and the umps see this and let it slide thats, the reason why good players worth money wont play because the umpires chose not to put there whistle in there mouth's and stamp the shit out of the game early. Everyone say's its a hard job but where not playing afl its just local footy it aint that quick. Maybe its time they start to toughen up and stop thinking there bigger than the game.

why would a good player, getting offered money chose to play wrfl over an edfl or murray league? the leagues reputation is mud, you have blokes playing full forward for spotty, blatantly swinging punchers only because someone stole his meat pie, and the umps see this and let it slide thats, the reason why good players worth money wont play because the umpires chose not to put there whistle in there mouth's and stamp the shit out of the game early. Everyone say's its a hard job but where not playing afl its just local footy it aint that quick. Maybe its time they start to toughen up and stop thinking there bigger than the game.

Ah thanks for that now i can rest easy, Big Red seems to play even better when people get stuck into him, crackers throwing punches hahahahaha thats funny! The murray comp hey, even a hack like me would get a kick in that comp i think you ment the ovens and murray comp mate, Crackers kicked 60 odd goals for yarra who made the gf in that comp, he must have had the better of you over the years for you to say he throws his fists around......

bit harsh on saturdays umps sunshine, they did their best to keep you in the game both 1's and 2's

What alot of crap. The only reason Sunshine got as close as they did was because of the Umpires "brain fade" in the third quarter. Despite the Umpires attempt to get Sunshine back in the game, the scoreboard flattered Sunshine's effort.

Nah i'm sure it's only push and shove for a pie, but a large tropicana with extra cheese on the other hand may have sent him mental haha. Speaking of letting things slide what about the ripping headbut deep in the last? People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks champ:thumbsu:

Nah i'm sure it's only push and shove for a pie, but a large tropicana with extra cheese on the other hand may have sent him mental haha. Speaking of letting things slide what about the ripping headbut deep in the last? People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks champ:thumbsu:

Easy there Secure 38, comments like that might get a Frosty reception from our Sunshine bretheren !!

Do Tell............................

maybe next time u wont touch my pie, cause now u know if u do u might have to deal with the two things attached to my wrists, which at time can be deadly, im a loose cannon so be afraid...

another quick hello to the wrfl umps, keep up the good work boys xoxo:heart:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danny O, could you please fill us in on the extreamly slow re-signing of players for next year. Seems the one common denominator in the lack of commitment from some of the players is the current cockroach. 2 more things, i'm told someone at your club has spoken to your footy manager and asked to be appointed and if not will walk with more than a couple of players. Lastly here that former player Sproule has contacted the club to flag his intetions of coaching next season. I don't expect you to reply mate with the seaon still going. Does throw up some interesting options though. Sprouly would bring back a bit of mateship amongst the players, not to mention something the current cockroach hasn't. PLAYERS:rolleyes:
To miss finals for most clubs would be acceptable. For a club like hoppers though who hasn't missed for quite a while, well there's definately a chance for the board to make a statement as to what is expected at hogans rd. And if the statement isn't made then one wonders what the current board actually stand for. Good luck lads.

Danny O, could you please fill us in on the extreamly slow re-signing of players for next year. Seems the one common denominator in the lack of commitment from some of the players is the current cockroach. 2 more things, i'm told someone at your club has spoken to your footy manager and asked to be appointed and if not will walk with more than a couple of players. Lastly here that former player Sproule has contacted the club to flag his intetions of coaching next season. I don't expect you to reply mate with the seaon still going. Does throw up some interesting options though. Sprouly would bring back a bit of mateship amongst the players, not to mention something the current cockroach hasn't. PLAYERS:rolleyes:
To miss finals for most clubs would be acceptable. For a club like hoppers though who hasn't missed for quite a while, well there's definately a chance for the board to make a statement as to what is expected at hogans rd. And if the statement isn't made then one wonders what the current board actually stand for. Good luck lads.

Interesting watching AFL 360 ON FOX SPORTS. Mark Mcclure, saying how hard it is to win premeirships, needing everything in the club working in unison -players mostly up and going.coach staff working in together with the players and the board.

I think the The Spotswood football club has this in 2010 and probably the only club that has had it over the last 5 to 10 years.
Sometimes clubs can be their own worst enemies not just players, coaches or injury. Working together as a club is paramount.

bit harsh on saturdays umps sunshine, they did their best to keep you in the game both 1's and 2's

You are kidding surely?! Not that it would have affected the result in any way, Spotty are too good, name your price for 4 in a row, but they were seriously a protected species on Saturday. Maybe a little bias showing through but thought it was pretty obvious. They cant get decent umps in the AFL, so we can hardly expect lower comps to be any good. Dont know about any punches from the big red headed pie eater, but the headbutt was decent!

Another great win to Altona on the weekend over Hoppers.

The best aspect of the game was the two former Hoppers players destroying Altona.

Miles was by far the best on the ground and Rich kicked the sealer with only a few minutes to go. Turning Clonan inside out and making him look like a Mack Truck.

Even though Rich over celebrated, running along the boundary and high fiveing the the crowd, it was a great moment. To witness two former Hoppers boys ending Hoppers top 3 hopes and hopefully their season.

Go Vikings!

Rich destroying Hoppers??? Take it easy mate. Milesy played well but apparently didnt do much the 1st game they played. Rich is a great guy but I know who most people would prefer on their team between Clonan and Rich. It was Discos 1st game back after a long spell with injury. He is the 1st to admit he didnt play well and wasnt up to speed with the game 1st game back but give me a spell. Rich couldnt get a game in Hoppers's 2's a few years back. Im sure he has improved but thats 1 example to show how the standard has dropped. And there are guys in Hoppers's team too who would probably never thought they would be playing 1s.

Spotty people say they are a little better than the previous year or 2 but not this much better. Everybody has dropped off the pace which makes it more interesting (apart from Spotty) but nobody can argue the standard is not the same as it once was. I reckon Spotty would go well in the EDFL but who knows how well. Unless they played Greenvale, Keilor, Strathmore etc during the year you will never know. Comparing them to other teams you play practice matches against is bullshit. Im sure that other teams who have played Port in practice matches would say that the WRFL is a shocking standard given the way Port start seasons but apart from this year they have been at the top for 10 years or more and would have been very competitive in the EDFL.

Keeping players at the club will not be a problem CLUB7, we have a great mix of young, middle and older age players, we have 16 U/18's to come up next year and if you were at the club function on Saturday night you would be the first to say we have great mateship and comradory. 280 people attended and was acracker of a night.

As for any of the other crap you on about, about missing finals, we are still in the race for a top 5 finish and if we get there we are more than competitive against 2-5 positions, Spotty being a massive hurdle.

Commitment levels from the senior playing group is good, 2's players struggle to get training as it would be the case at many clubs at this time of year (cold and wet).

Any conversations between player or official and Football manager is between them and them only, so I wouldn't be believing everything you hear.

We are focussed on playing finals football and also very much foccused on winning this week, as I would say one of the, if not the best players to play in the Hoppers Crossing jumper is playing his 300th game (Disco) so we are looking forward to turning last weeks dismal performance into a big win, not only for Dave Clonan but for the club as a whole!.

BEAZER;18442243 Spotty people say they are a little better than the previous year or 2 but not this much better. Everybody has dropped off the pace which makes it more interesting (apart from Spotty) but nobody can argue the standard is not the same as it once was. I reckon Spotty would go well in the EDFL but who knows how well. Unless they played Greenvale said:
Beazer i agree with your post, how ever just on they way port colts start season's and our praccy match form, we always give a good account of ourselves in games against teams from other comps, winning against teams from the efl and edfl, not that it matters.
Also the fact you say we were slow starters in my time as coach we never lost more than 4 games a year and maybe lost 1 game early over the last few years but it has to do with the opposition you come up against and generally we played most top teams early. I know you were not having a dig it's just not accurate that colts were slow starters...

So how's your team travelling??? Finals

Dont agree with much you say on here Rock but this time i think you are the only one speaking any sense.
MarbyPark, Greenvale, Kelior, Oak Park, Strathmore and maybe Avondale would all finish in front of spotty IMO.

Id say its about time someone organised a nice little night comp ala Keilor..

atleast then clubs in differant leagues would have something to play for and we might actually have a half decent result.

the WRFL clubs, whilst stronger, did well back then.

Would'nt hurt to put some qeustions to rest.

interesting to read in the star newspaper regarding relegation. seems the papers know more about whats going on than the actual clubs.
so i put it out to the WRFL and it's clubs what's going on.
Clubs need to know as planning has started for the 2011 season at most clubs.

interesting to read in the star newspaper regarding relegation. seems the papers know more about whats going on than the actual clubs.
so i put it out to the WRFL and it's clubs what's going on.
Clubs need to know as planning has started for the 2011 season at most clubs.

The change to 3 divisions and an 8 team Div 1 just does not solve the actual issue that it is supposed to solve. The bottom line is that the major issue is how to ensure that the team that comes up from Div 2 each year can be competitive. Can't see how that team will be more of a chance winning games in an 8 team comp compared to a ten team comp? Most likely outcome is that they would win less games and in turn be less competitive.

As well as his why is it an issue that teams that come up need to tough it out for 2/3/4 years before they are ready to push for finals? Look at what Altona have done. 4 years of working hard and not winning many games and now they are having some success. In an 8 team comp they would have been relegated before now.

and one more dig at the WRFL here..... How about making a decision one way or the other in a reasonable time. Any decent club has already set budgets, signed current players and starting talking to possible recruits for 2011. Would be nice of the league got on the same page as the clubs.

I hope for HCFC's sake, they get the mess that is the Head Coach sorted.

i hear that the Albion game in which the Captain and current B&F leader (IMO) played his 300th game, Ezard felt a speech or presentation before the game would be a distraction. what a d!ck - didnt seem to worry Albion, who had there own 300 gamer take the chocolates...

seems a change of tack for this weeks 300 gamer due to glenorden being "un competetive"

i hope between the senior players, enough pressure will be put on the powers that be and get a true club man in to coach next year. some one like A Taylor, Sproule, D Leatch, C Gilham.....

The change to 3 divisions and an 8 team Div 1 just does not solve the actual issue that it is supposed to solve. The bottom line is that the major issue is how to ensure that the team that comes up from Div 2 each year can be competitive. Can't see how that team will be more of a chance winning games in an 8 team comp compared to a ten team comp? Most likely outcome is that they would win less games and in turn be less competitive.

As well as his why is it an issue that teams that come up need to tough it out for 2/3/4 years before they are ready to push for finals? Look at what Altona have done. 4 years of working hard and not winning many games and now they are having some success. In an 8 team comp they would have been relegated before now.

and one more dig at the WRFL here..... How about making a decision one way or the other in a reasonable time. Any decent club has already set budgets, signed current players and starting talking to possible recruits for 2011. Would be nice of the league got on the same page as the clubs.

if the wrfl moved to a 8 team div 1 and 8 team div 2 and started a 3rd division it would be to to facilate the projected growth within the the western region.
currently the 2 perfect 10 divisions does not allow for this growth.

the wrfl clubs at the start of this year at a open clubs forum identified the key issues they wanted the wrfl board and management to work on.

growth and retention.
evenness of divisions
umpires numbers
being 3 of these key issues.

moving to 3 divisions and setting key critera for particapation in these divisions is only 1 idea being thrown about at this time by a sub committee made up of club reps , board members and management of the wrfl if this goes ahead the time frame for this would be set by the clubs.
so i think you will find that this is being driven by the clubs.

if the wrfl moved to a 8 team div 1 and 8 team div 2 and started a 3rd division it would be to to facilate the projected growth within the the westerm region.
currently the 2 perfect 10 divisions does not allow for this growth.

the wrfl clubs at the start of this year at a open clubs forum identified the key issuies they wanted the wrfl board and management to work on.[/quote]

I was at the meeting and that is correct. In saying that it does not mean that the CLUBS HAVE TO accept the first idea or suggestion that comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back