Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt this is true but hey i maybe should never doubt spotty....

GONE-from this time last year, wilson, sablich(yes i know both didn't play),
isbister, patak, waldron, montebello, theodore, ayton (will play at willie), believe sam wood and dumbleton at bendigo and maybe one or two others i have missed so quite a few missing.
GAINS-keenan and couch both quality inclusions/
I believe spotty will be up there again but also very vulnerable, like the colts have lost some quality and depth but both will be team to beat come finals time.
A very open season coming up easily any of the top 5 could win although maybe not hoppers....

yeh fair response altough this time last year
the gones where to be,Patak, Dennerly,Boothey,Sablich,Keenan,Isbister,Harris,Simpson,Beasley many thought top 3 not likely.
now you throw in a few new blokes plus the improvement theyll get again from their 19-22 year olds, i reckon they look stronger,
only time will tell.

the gones where to be,Patak, Dennerly,Boothey,Sablich,Keenan,Isbister,Harris,Simpson,Beasley many thought top 3 not likely.
now you throw in a few new blokes plus the improvement theyll get again from their 19-22 year olds, i reckon they look stronger,
only time will tell.

lets not kid ourselves boys....... spotty to go 4 in a row!
and im from an opposition club. too good all over the ground. besides all they have to do is get it to the best two forwards in the league keenan and molan.

only time will tell.

Fair enough, maybe they will be premiers champions this year.

On another note anyone from Altona want to share how their praccy game against Knox went??

lets not kid ourselves boys....... spotty to go 4 in a row!
and im from an opposition club. too good all over the ground. besides all they have to do is get it to the best two forwards in the league keenan and molan.
well went to have a look at albion vs marby park marby by about 50 points or close to that albion still no height and would still have to improve alot to get close to spotty

Fair enough, maybe they will be premiers champions this year.

On another note anyone from Altona want to share how their praccy game against Knox went??

Saw a bit of that game today. Altona won by 5 points (70 to 65 I think).

Very windy conditions which meant the game wasn't a great spectacle. Altona have some exciting kids with real pace and skill (2,13 - Alex? and 25). No.45 looked handy up forward but unless they had some big fellas out they are still too small. Miles (4) was very good in the middle also.

Lot of kids playing and they still don't have a ruckman. No way they will push for the top 5.

IMO with the team they had out today, Sunshine Heights (2010 version) would have their measure.

Very windy conditions which meant the game wasn't a great spectacle. Altona have some exciting kids with real pace and skill (2,13 - Alex? and 25). No.45 looked handy up forward but unless they had some big fellas out they are still too small. Miles (4) was very good in the middle also.

Lot of kids playing and they still don't have a ruckman. No way they will push for the top 5.

IMO with the team they had out today, Sunshine Heights (2010 version) would have their measure.

Geee tough assesment. Last year I thought Sunny Heights were probably the 2nd worst team we played in front of West Footscray only, they were physical enough but lacked all over the ground so to say Altons today would be beaten by them is a massive call. Good decision for Miles to go there?? probably not by the sounds of it, would be very very handy back to Hoppers.

Knox give colts a nice touch up last year, i also think the did the same to Altona, so in my opinion fair result. I think Altona will fight out the final spot in the five with hoppers.

Geee tough assesment. Last year I thought Sunny Heights were probably the 2nd worst team we played in front of West Footscray only, they were physical enough but lacked all over the ground so to say Altons today would be beaten by them is a massive call. Good decision for Miles to go there?? probably not by the sounds of it, would be very very handy back to Hoppers.

It all depends last year on what period of the season you played Heights as they lacked depth. For example, they beat St Albans and got close to Sunshine on one occasion. On paper their 2008 div2 premiership team was much stronger than last year.

I think they may have beaten Altona twice last year. They definitely beat them at Altona's ground.

Miles will be the no.1 man in the guts. I haven't seen much of Hoppers so not sure how important he was to them. Good vibe around Altona though so you would think they would be a decent club to play for.

I have lived in Altona for the past few years and it is like a big country town. Not sure of the history but surprised they wouldn't be able to attract sponsors, to be able to lure players and pay $$$ for a ruckman, some key position players and a few stronger onballers (like Miles) to supplement some of their talented kids.

Knox give colts a nice touch up last year, i also think the did the same to Altona, so in my opinion fair result. I think Altona will fight out the final spot in the five with hoppers.

I saw the Knox / Altona game last year also and Knox are not the same team as they were then.

Altona haven't changed too much. Some really good kids, but lacking in size.

Was up in Yarrawonga on the weekend and to my surprise so were St Albans.

They were playing a practice match against Mulwala. I watched half of the game. It was a close game, not sure hwo won. The saints were really hard at it and their tackling was great.

The saints seem to have a new ruckman, not sure of his name and not big, but can jump! Jenkins dominated through the midefield, along with Dawson, Sims and Brown. There was this other bloke not sure of his name but he did ok.

The saints struggled across half forward, it looks like the saints are going to play the little bloke with the big shorts, not sure of his name but kicked lots of goals in the finals in 2008 deep in the forward line. In saying this he didn't do much but the entry into the forward line was pretty ordinary.

Damien Fitz didn't play but he was there.

In saying this the game wasn't that great as I headed back to the boat at half time.

that ruckman u talk about doesnt happen to jose (x diggers rest / dunnstown) ruckman does it

I think you are underestimating Hoppers Rock although we have lost a couple of quality players, we have some handy inclusions and alot of the younger blokes have some senior footy under their belts now so will be looking for a stronger showing from them. Blokes like Butty, Morsello, Zepil, Blushke, Smith, Young all only 20 years old and now with 2 - 3 years of seniors we will start to see their raw talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It all depends last year on what period of the season you played Heights as they lacked depth. For example, they beat St Albans and got close to Sunshine on one occasion. On paper their 2008 div2 premiership team was much stronger than last year.

I think they may have beaten Altona twice last year. They definitely beat them at Altona's ground.

Miles will be the no.1 man in the guts. I haven't seen much of Hoppers so not sure how important he was to them. Good vibe around Altona though so you would think they would be a decent club to play for.

I have lived in Altona for the past few years and it is like a big country town. Not sure of the history but surprised they wouldn't be able to attract sponsors, to be able to lure players and pay $$$ for a ruckman, some key position players and a few stronger onballers (like Miles) to supplement some of their talented kids.

Altona beat Heights by 10 odd goals at their ground and that game at Altona where they won was about the luckiest win I've seen in the past few years to be honest.

Altona beat Heights by 10 odd goals at their ground and that game at Altona where they won was about the luckiest win I've seen in the past few years to be honest.

Not sure how you work that out. We won because we played better footy and were in front when it counted. When the ladder was updated I didnt see a *But very lucky anywhere next to the 4 points.

I know why we won that game and if you were at the game you would know to and it had nothing to do with luck.

Not sure how you work that out. We won because we played better footy and were in front when it counted. When the ladder was updated I didnt see a *But very lucky anywhere next to the 4 points.

I know why we won that game and if you were at the game you would know to and it had nothing to do with luck.

Its really irrelevant now isn't it?

How do you define a lucky win? I played in this game and it was a hard thought game over 4 quarters of footy, both sides were close to full strength.

Very excited about the upcoming season. Could sit here and digress about our recruiting and improved quality of playing list in key areas of the ground, but in the end actions will speak louder than words and we will ultimately be judged by our win/loss ratio which will hopefully see improvement this season.

Yeah Altona played some decent footy on the weekend against Knox 2- Alex Vivoda 13-Tyler Healey 25- dean pace and 45-Nathan Leslie..All good young kids under the age of 21 good signs for altona after sum handy recruits defintely agree with some on there lacking size but from what i seeen from chippa rafferty up forward throwin his big body around makin a presence was goood for altona seeing the younger fellas gettin physical good signs for altona..And personally i think if altona make finals port will be the ones droppin out MAYBE hoppers! i know big call just after ports loss of players not a awful lot of goal kickin power up forward!:)

maybe, but remember this... its the same story year to year pre season, hoppers lost him, port lost them, dramas down spotty, albion got them, sunshine look good..... but come september they are always there.... because they are quality clubs with great depth and players always willing and well prepared to step up! the gap between top half and bottom is always to great, and that wont burn out for a while.... port will bounce back again, and always the feared, hoppers always the dark horse, albion always the could be, sunshine always unlucky, altona always almost there, spotty always the bench mark! but hey, these days, its about who works the hardest!

maybe, but remember this... its the same story year to year pre season, hoppers lost him, port lost them, dramas down spotty, albion got them, sunshine look good..... but come september they are always there.... because they are quality clubs with great depth and players always willing and well prepared to step up! the gap between top half and bottom is always to great, and that wont burn out for a while.... port will bounce back again, and always the feared, hoppers always the dark horse, albion always the could be, sunshine always unlucky, altona always almost there, spotty always the bench mark! but hey, these days, its about who works the hardest!

Good post:thumbsu:

Hoppers played a scratch match last night out at Melton (ballarat league side) was a good hit out once again with some postive signs our new game plan is coming along nicely, the result in the end was about a 70-80point win to us i played on a bloke who said they had a few out but said not too many we had about 5 or 6 not playing so would have been pretty even in that regard. Looking forward to the real stuff not far away now.

Any other teams play over the weekend......Albion, Colt's, Spotty, Sunshine:confused:

Hoppers played a scratch match last night out at Melton (ballarat league side) was a good hit out once again with some postive signs our new game plan is coming along nicely, the result in the end was about a 70-80point win to us i played on a bloke who said they had a few out but said not too many we had about 5 or 6 not playing so would have been pretty even in that regard. Looking forward to the real stuff not far away now.

Any other teams play over the weekend......Albion, Colt's, Spotty, Sunshine:confused:

Not a bad hitout for Hoppers I thought DO. Considering the unusual time of Monday night out in no-mans land. The boys played some really encouraging footy and look in good stead for the real stuff in a few weeks time. Let people write off the Warriors at their peril. Also great to see the young brigade playing well. Its clear Hoppers is going with youth and with more experience and game time, the present and future is looking quite bright.

Heard Sunshine had a praccy against Epping and lost by a few goals.

No Practice match for Spotty with their hitout against St.Kilda City called off due to no available ground. Will enter Round 1 with only two practice matches: An easy win over Bungaree and a match against Koroit this weekend. Be very interesting to see how both Spotty and Colts line up in round one with many new faces to come into both sides after some pretty big personnel losses pre-season.

albion play melton at albion on saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back