Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiggins is 10kg's lighter than his playing weight at Taylors Lakes, it is understood he had a personality clash with the coach, so might not have got the best out of him.
So far so good, thats all we can hope for. With King going overseas leave a gap there for a forward.
The good thing about all these recuits is that it will make the comp more even, which is what we want.
Any news on West Footscray - how they heading

Wiggins is 10kg's lighter than his playing weight at Taylors Lakes, it is understood he had a personality clash with the coach, so might not have got the best out of him.
Thats his problem, he's a big sook. Had a personality clash during a game when he played in the SANFL, so he jumped the fence, grabbed his gear and drove off mid match! Princess.

Thats his problem, he's a big sook. Had a personality clash during a game when he played in the SANFL, so he jumped the fence, grabbed his gear and drove off mid match! Princess.

We all mature and if he was in any clubs jumper I am sure your club would be happy with a tall capable of kicking goals. Having watched training I can assure all everyone at the Kangas will be training / playing for spots with no-one being a walk up start. Depth looks good and it would be no surprise to anyone in the WRFL that Brett wont stand for any crap anyway.

after grilling my source it appears that the hoppers crossing trio are not out of the woods yet, apparent signed contracts may have to be settled by a higher authority.
If a contract does exist between the new club and the 3 players what are contracts worth.
Is any contract signed between two parties legal ? or are they just a worthless piece of paper.
Has any one got any comment on what a contract is worth ?
Very interesting situation rising, watch this space for the next whats wrong at the cattery and whos coming then leaving then coming back.
or is it I ll change my mind then leave then come back or something like that... I'M confused.

after grilling my source it appears that the hoppers crossing trio are not out of the woods yet, apparent signed contracts may have to be settled by a higher authority.
If a contract does exist between the new club and the 3 players what are contracts worth.
Is any contract signed between two parties legal ? or are they just a worthless piece of paper.
Very interesting situation rising, watch this space for the next whats wrong at the cattery and whos coming then leaving then coming back.
or is it I ll change my mind then leave then come back or something like that... I'M confused.

Suppose it would all depend whether they are still contracted to Hoppers or not,if not can't see why they can't sign elsewhere.

Basically there is a clause in the contracts that states that it is not legally binding until the player is cleared to that club. It really needs to be looked at. What it means is that any player you sign is not technically over the line until Feb when you can start lodging clearances.

Without knowing all the facts on the case above I would suggest that the players would be in the clear and free to play at Hoppers.

As far as I know Spotty raised a motion to change this clause in the contract at the last AGM but withdrew it before the meeting.

Easiest way around it would be for all comps to have a window in Oct - Nov where clearances can be lodged and processed.

Hoppers look like they are in a bit of trouble. Losing there b&f winner and hardest midfielder as well there most dangerous small forward?? Taylor going and Koutzamnis going also hurts alot, depth will be tested I feel. So far its Beazley,Thomas,Taylor,Downey,Koutzamanis and possibly Miles? a fair chunk of there better players there. Murphy back will be a massive positive though.

Koutza played 2's 90% of last year, Thomas is contracted to Hoppers so I would imagine he will be there come round 1. So at this stage we have lost Beaz, Tayls and Doweny and maybe Miles. It would be great to keep everyone year after year but the reality is people move on to achieve different things, that's football.

The above names are covered by:
Lattella (back from Werribee)
Murphy (back from shoulder)
Merrifield (back from year off)
Chris Barry (only played a handfull of games after year off with knee)

Add to the above some pretty handy recruits(to remain nameless untill clearences are put through) and I would be happy to say it looks alittle better than some would think:thumbsu:.

All opinions and jokes aside, can anyone from port c tell us when the hearing for Jack Love is going to take place, its a hot topic and its outcome could be groundbreaking for all football followers<

Maybe the Rock can fill us in as he has a finger in plenty of "pies"[/quote]

The only place i have my finger is up my own a$%...
On a serious note hopefully it's all sorted asap so the club can be moving forward. I definately have no idea of the goings on at the colts, but if jack is not allowed to coach now, that is very dissapointing for all involved.
I think the wrfl and footyvic could have passed the message on alot sooner than 6weeks out from a season, or even later.
Really gives the club no time for a plan b or c.
I'm sure the club will be strong under any circumstance, in my opinion i hope it's all sorted very soon.
Even had a run with the boys tonite at training, senior players are up and running julier, twomey,macanulty and massis all flying.

Rock - Fair enough on the defensive block with Colts, but now you are an Assistant at Airport West, you surely have a strong and clear understanding of the boys from Hoppers that originally wanted to go. Did they;
A. Change there mind post your announcement (Possible personality clashes)?
B. Get a rebound offer from Hoppers?
C. Reconsider there chances of actually playing senior footy at Airport West considering the whispers around on all the recruits?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard on the grapevine that Albion have signed once Parkside player Leigh Cook. Can anyone confirm the rumour. If so should make for interesting Saturday nights at the cattery

Heard on the grapevine that Albion have signed once Parkside player Leigh Cook. Can anyone confirm the rumour. If so should make for interesting Saturday nights at the cattery

Have heard the same thing but also heard that there may still be some work to be done to get him registered.

All opinions and jokes aside, can anyone from port c tell us when the hearing for Jack Love is going to take place, its a hot topic and its outcome could be groundbreaking for all football followers<

Maybe the Rock can fill us in as he has a finger in plenty of "pies"[/quote]

The only place i have my finger is up my own a$%...
On a serious note hopefully it's all sorted asap so the club can be moving forward. I definately have no idea of the goings on at the colts, but if jack is not allowed to coach now, that is very dissapointing for all involved.
I think the wrfl and footyvic could have passed the message on alot sooner than 6weeks out from a season, or even later.
Really gives the club no time for a plan b or c.
I'm sure the club will be strong under any circumstance, in my opinion i hope it's all sorted very soon.
Even had a run with the boys tonite at training, senior players are up and running julier, twomey,macanulty and massis all flying.

Rock, Is fabian webb pulling the boots on if so massive in for the colters?

Koutza played 2's 90% of last year, Thomas is contracted to Hoppers so I would imagine he will be there come round 1. So at this stage we have lost Beaz, Tayls and Doweny and maybe Miles. It would be great to keep everyone year after year but the reality is people move on to achieve different things, that's football.

The above names are covered by:
Lattella (back from Werribee)
Murphy (back from shoulder)
Merrifield (back from year off)
Chris Barry (only played a handfull of games after year off with knee)

Add to the above some pretty handy recruits(to remain nameless untill clearences are put through) and I would be happy to say it looks alittle better than some would think:thumbsu:.

Milesy is gone mate.

Off to Altona for season 2010.

Massive loss for Hoppers. If played right is in their top few players.

Will be a great pickup for The Vikings.

Can confirm Miles has departed Hoppers Crossing F.C. after training earlier this pre-season with the club and not making the Port Melbourne VFL list.

Will sign with Altona this week.

Good Luck to him....

Spoke to an Airport west committee member and they have said that once they realised how good of players they were getting that they wanted to send them back to hoppers....

Rock - Fair enough on the defensive block with Colts, but now you are an Assistant at Airport West, you surely have a strong and clear understanding of the boys from Hoppers that originally wanted to go. Did they;
A. Change there mind post your announcement (Possible personality clashes)?
B. Get a rebound offer from Hoppers?
C. Reconsider there chances of actually playing senior footy at Airport West considering the whispers around on all the recruits?

A..i actually spoke with butty before i decided to go there and he had already changed his mind, i have since tried to change it back, but think the boys are all happy at hoppers.
B.. I have no idea but you would think
c. I'm sure they would have all played senior footy at apw.

I have been reading this for a while and finally decided to contribute. I have been hearing alot aroud the traps about players coming and going so just thought i would put it out there for all to see, i might be off the mark on a few but have pretty good sources on alot of this. Some of it is already public knowledge so no ground breaking reports on some of it.

Spotty - Keenan back from up bush way (is this 100% confirmed), haven't heard much elso of any recruits. Have lost Patak, Wilson, Sablich, Isbister, Montebello(retired again) and a couple more ex premiership players on the move from all reports. Big losses could fall back to the group you would imagine.

Colts - Not many on the way in, if your hanging your hat on Webb who is in his late 30's then could be some trouble. the outs are the killers and from strong reports going around the traps could be plenty jumping a sinking ship. Perkins, Jacobs x 2, Clarke, Brannan and word has it some VERY BIG NAMES could be on there way to the yellow bellies (can anyone confirm) if this is true could many more follow. Not looking great at Colts.

Hoppers - Lattella, Murphy (back from injury), Merrifield back and word has it have a couple of recruits coming out of 2 very strong leagues.
Have lost some talent though, Thomas (apparently contracted so might not be going), Miles, Beazely and Taylor(retired). Time will tell if the players coming in will cover the players gone. Could be some tough times ahead.

Albion - Cook (was he derigistered by the league a few years back?) Barker, Asaad, Juegan and the Bro's from EDFL (apparently can play the game). Have lost a couple though Dorwood and Turner. Yhe players coming in will cover those gone and some. Could be the year for the cats or will they just implode around all the hype like years already gone.

Sunshine - Jacobs , Wiggins, (3 ex colts players) some very handy in's. King is the only notible loss but Sunshine are on the improve already. Will need to turn it around after some very poor perfomances in finals over the years.

Altona - Eames has got the place buzzing, Miles is a good pick up though has been known to play for himslef so could derail the good work done by Eames, word also has it a couple ex VFL players to head over to Viking land. Don't think anyone has left. So expect the young crew to push for finals.

Stalbans - Haven't been able to attract any new players.
Who hasn't left is easier than who has. Agius and Ford are massive losses and it looks to be all doom and gloom for the Saints. Will struggle.

Heights - Picked a couple from 2'nd Division to top up the list. Lost a couple but not great players. Will keep their heads above water. Thank their lucky stars West and Glenordan are in D1 and not Deer Park and Parkside.

Glenordan - Haven't heard any positivity out of the swamp, only a whole heap of players leaving (or asked to leave) Rozenwig, Lovell, Tisize, johns, Russo, Becker and a few others. Battle of the drop zone one would think.

West - My tip for relegation.

All in all I would have to say the league it's self is in some trouble with all the players moving to other leagues and not many coming in. I have had a look at the clearences from the EDFL, NFL and the EFL and the league that I still support is in some very big trouble if you were to compare.

I have been reading this for a while and finally decided to contribute. I have been hearing alot aroud the traps about players coming and going so just thought i would put it out there for all to see, i might be off the mark on a few but have pretty good sources on alot of this. Some of it is already public knowledge so no ground breaking reports on some of it.

Spotty - Keenan back from up bush way (is this 100% confirmed), haven't heard much elso of any recruits. Have lost Patak, Wilson, Sablich, Isbister, Montebello(retired again) and a couple more ex premiership players on the move from all reports. Big losses could fall back to the group you would imagine.

Colts - Not many on the way in, if your hanging your hat on Webb who is in his late 30's then could be some trouble. the outs are the killers and from strong reports going around the traps could be plenty jumping a sinking ship. Perkins, Jacobs x 2, Clarke, Brannan and word has it some VERY BIG NAMES could be on there way to the yellow bellies (can anyone confirm) if this is true could many more follow. Not looking great at Colts.

Hoppers - Lattella, Murphy (back from injury), Merrifield back and word has it have a couple of recruits coming out of 2 very strong leagues.
Have lost some talent though, Thomas (apparently contracted so might not be going), Miles, Beazely and Taylor(retired). Time will tell if the players coming in will cover the players gone. Could be some tough times ahead.

Albion - Cook (was he derigistered by the league a few years back?) Barker, Asaad, Juegan and the Bro's from EDFL (apparently can play the game). Have lost a couple though Dorwood and Turner. Yhe players coming in will cover those gone and some. Could be the year for the cats or will they just implode around all the hype like years already gone.

Sunshine - Jacobs , Wiggins, (3 ex colts players) some very handy in's. King is the only notible loss but Sunshine are on the improve already. Will need to turn it around after some very poor perfomances in finals over the years.

Altona - Eames has got the place buzzing, Miles is a good pick up though has been known to play for himslef so could derail the good work done by Eames, word also has it a couple ex VFL players to head over to Viking land. Don't think anyone has left. So expect the young crew to push for finals.

Who hasn't left is easier than who has. Agius and Ford are massive losses and it looks to be all doom and gloom for the Saints. Will struggle.

Heights - Picked a couple from 2'nd Division to top up the list. Lost a couple but not great players. Will keep their heads above water. Thank their lucky stars West and Glenordan are in D1 and not Deer Park and Parkside.

Glenordan - Haven't heard any positivity out of the swamp, only a whole heap of players leaving (or asked to leave) Rozenwig, Lovell, Tisize, johns, Russo, Becker and a few others. Battle of the drop zone one would think.

All in all I would have to say the league it's self is in some trouble with all the players moving to other leagues and not many coming in. I have had a look at the clearences from the EDFL, NFL and the EFL and the league that I still support is in some very big trouble if you were to compare.

Pretty good summary of whats what:thumbsu:

I am sure there is plenty happening that hasnt come out yet. I can add a few things that I have heard:

Spotty - Have recruited a GUN that will be in the best few inthe comp (not sure of his name or where he is from).

Sunshine - Have 1 or possibly 2 more outs than listed above (Mentha & Foley)?

Altona - Got Russo and Hevern from Orden and did hear a whisper that they had Stephen Greene from Willy (heard that a while ago and would have thought that it would have been commonly known if it was true so not sure on that).

St Albans - Also lost Spooner and Tremellen who were there 2 best forwards.

IMO Heights would definately have Deer Park covered and probably Parkside so not sure about your comments there ?

Also for Albion watch Johhny Bell from Strathmore and more recently cohuna, goes very well. Also Marcus Smith from Tullamarine has 1st div written all over him and is only young, will make an impact.

IMO Heights would definately have Deer Park covered and probably Parkside so not sure about your comments there ?

Also for Albion watch Johhny Bell from Strathmore and more recently cohuna, goes very well. Also Marcus Smith from Tullamarine has 1st div written all over him and is only young, will make an impact.

Just going on what I saw in the Div 2 GF and what I saw was a much better outfit than Heights. I saw heights play twice last year and believe they would be in a battle with Parkside and Deer Park for relegation. West and Glenordan will be walk overs this year for all teams. Agree about Bell, played in Strathmores glory years a few years back when they were the strongest of all local teams going around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back