Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRAND SALE !!!!!!

Parkside football club 2010 merchandise

back to back runners up : t-shirts $25 , hats $10 , stubby holders $5

thats gotta hurt being up at 3 qtr time and most of the game 2 years in a row and failing to win... you have to feel sorry for parkside...the coaching decisions in the last 2 years have costed parkside a flag

Watched the 2nd's grand final threw another grand final away parkside
looked very slow in the last qtr could of done with patty davis i thought , no one could take a contested mark for them , no 4 shepperbottom was a waste of time playing him maybe that was a sweetner for his old man . Didnt look like the bench was used much either
Now time to pack your bags mr president

I got to the game in the 2nd quarter and he was on the pine.. And stayed there for the rest of the game. Was a tad suprising to see the Parkside bench hardly used at all.

looked very slow in the last qtr could of done with patty davis i thought , no one could take a contested mark for them , no 4 shepperbottom was a waste of time playing him maybe that was a sweetner for his old man . Didnt look like the bench was used much either

Two years in a row now where the bench was not used,why name 22 when
you dont use them?
8 players over 2 years now have received match payments for doing Buck all could have saved the club some cash and played 18.
Good to see some past premeirship players on the terrace today.:thumbsu:

Forget the Pakistan Cricket team. Look into how Gauci got a game and Davis didn't.

Look into the Umpires. Disgraceful even sometimes for North Footscray. But found free kicks out of thin air at crucial stages. Begs belief.

The club lacks leaders when it matters. Interesting times now for Parkside who is going to step up when the club needs them? Now is the time to get off Big footy and have a crack if you got any heart.

Today's game was the most bizzarly umpired game ive seen all year.. It seemed at times the 2 umpires weren't on the same wavelength and there were constantly desicions being paid that had the whole crowd scrathing there heads.

Parkside copped some ordinary ones in the last quarter, but that wasnt the reason they lost.

watched the game today AND matty shepperbottom and young gauci got 1 possession between them im sure patty davis would of contributed more than that and could of been the difference between winning and losing.
patty is a champion full forward and at most times a match winner
to not pick him in the side for the 2010 grand final will haunt the coach for the rest of his days.

Today's game was the most bizzarly umpired game ive seen all year.. It seemed at times the 2 umpires weren't on the same wavelength and there were constantly desicions being paid that had the whole crowd scrathing there heads.

Parkside copped some ordinary ones in the last quarter, but that wasnt the reason they lost.
umpires were pathetic, for each team. pretty scrappy game, alot of skill errors. well done nth good luck next yr......there were 3 umps too not 2..

MASSIVE NEWS OUT OF PARKSIDE

NO CHANGES!!!!!!!

How can patty davis not get picked in parksides top 22.
patty davis in the previous 2 years has
- kicked 100 goals plus in both years
- has made team of the year in both years
- has won more than half of the games for parkside off his own boot
and this year kicked 10 goals and won the game for parkside against albanvale who were the top team for most of the year, then gets injured comes back and gets a soft suspension and parkside have just shut the door on him and the players were telling the coach not to pick him. the parkside coaching staff and players have very short memories and its a poor way to send off a club champion.

good call:) maybe you should be the coach:thumbsu:
going by these stats how did they pick matt sheppa before pat davis????:eek:

Two years in a row now where the bench was not used,why name 22 when
you dont use them?
8 players over 2 years now have received match payments for doing Buck all could have saved the club some cash and played 18.
Good to see some past premeirship players on the terrace today.:thumbsu:

It didn't surprise me 1 little bit they didn't use the bench or even pick there best side available they got there right whack for putting mugs in charge 2 years running and im glad they lost because if that side went up to divvy 1 parks would be a laughing stock they have spent $180k in 2 years and are still in divvy 2 LOL :D

I just want to know whats the plan for the future do they even have 1 no juniors coming thru just over paid rats raping the place unless theres some sort of divine intervention i can see BC,NJ and DO running the place into the ground.

It didn't surprise me 1 little bit they didn't use the bench or even pick there best side available they got there right whack for putting mugs in charge 2 years running and im glad they lost because if that side went up to divvy 1 parks would be a laughing stock they have spent $180k in 2 years and are still in divvy 2 LOL :D

I just want to know whats the plan for the future do they even have 1 no juniors coming thru just over paid rats raping the place unless theres some sort of divine intervention i can see BC,NJ and DO running the place into the ground.

it all started on tuesday night when a bunch of players went up to david orchard and said they didnt want patty or sidda to play in the grand final. Those players must be kicking them selves in the guts right now becuaes no doubt patty and sidda or just one of them would of made more of a impact then the 2 young kids selected. You have to pick your best team in grand finals and clearly he didnt and now it has come back to bite him and them on the backside

Watched the entire game today and thought the Umpiring was average for both sides, Maybe they were trying to let things play out more instead of giving to many softies. But would say Parkside definitely had the rough end in the last 10 mins of the last quarter.

Nth Foots deserved their win and could have easily dropped their heads at 3/4 time being 22 pts down. Parkside's young Backline couldnt handle the flurry of attacks. In hindsight they would have loved having Sidda and Lika but only they know the reasons why they werent playing.

A premiership is a Premiership to Nth's but will league give the Premiers the Oppertunity to get Div.1 action considering plans for a 3 div comp?

Will be interesting to see how Parkside bounce back in 2011. Basis the rumors of a new committee and probably looking for a Coach they will be behind the 8-ball in recruiting terms of the top 5 sides.

Watched the entire game today and thought the Umpiring was average for both sides, Maybe they were trying to let things play out more instead of giving to many softies. But would say Parkside definitely had the rough end in the last 10 mins of the last quarter.

Nth Foots deserved their win and could have easily dropped their heads at 3/4 time being 22 pts down. Parkside's young Backline couldnt handle the flurry of attacks. In hindsight they would have loved having Sidda and Lika but only they know the reasons why they werent playing.

A premiership is a Premiership to Nth's but will league give the Premiers the Oppertunity to get Div.1 action considering plans for a 3 div comp?

Will be interesting to see how Parkside bounce back in 2011. Basis the rumors of a new committee and probably looking for a Coach they will be behind the 8-ball in recruiting terms of the top 5 sides.

the big questions have to be asked
why didnt patty,sidda,ali or lika play???
all have plenty of senior and finals experience
should the president or commitee have stepped in for the good of the club and team and overruled the coaches decision???
what is the purpose of playing players (m.sheppa) if your not going to use them??
and the big one
would patty davis made the difference???

Congrats to nth footscray on the win. To all those who have potted parkside please remember most of you said they would never make it earlier in the year and the lost by a kick. It does appear that there will be no committee there very shortly and if those that think they no best can put their hand up for all positions and start a parkside thread so we can all follow their progress. At least that way we can get some other topics on the thread.
So as the season has now finished, who is Gunnar pick the team of the year and who is likely to be coaching each club next season?

Has a decision been made on 3 divisions next year

Congrats to nth footscray on the win. To all those who have potted parkside please remember most of you said they would never make it earlier in the year and the lost by a kick. It does appear that there will be no committee there very shortly and if those that think they no best can put their hand up for all positions and start a parkside thread so we can all follow their progress. At least that way we can get some other topics on the thread.
So as the season has now finished, who is Gunnar pick the team of the year and who is likely to be coaching each club next season?

Has a decision been made on 3 divisions next year

Are the winners of the divvy 2 Grand Final....Red and White colours and their ground in West Footscray going to come up to divvy 1 to replace the side with red and white colours and their ground in West Footscray?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

REQUESTED SONGS FOR PARKSIDE FOOTBALL CLUB TONIGHT

two times - anne lee
opps i did it again - britney spears
misery - metallica

patty davis : what about me - shannon noll

dave orchard : i did it my way - frank sinatra

the pres and committee : im walking away - craig david

i drove past parkside footy club and all i heard was kylie minogues - did it agian

mo khartabil and thompson 1 goal between them
sheppa and gauci 1 kick between them
needed a big target up forward in the last qtr

if only they had a full forward who was 6"6, kicked big bags, kicked 100 goals in a season, made team of the year, played in many finals and grand finals... if only they had the option of picking a player like that.

I was there last night and the DJ kept playing this jimmy barnes song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjnlUPhoA7s

Dropped into the "Club" in Caroline Springs last night at 6.30pm and heard a lot of noise coing from the Bar. In my curiosity I thought I'd pop my head in and see what all the screaming and yelling was about. To my amazement I see a shirtless, very drunk Mr.G Turner standing on the Bar wearing a Devils mask with Red & White scarf draped around his neck singing "We are the Champions"

22 points down at 3/4 time....things are not looking good. Parkside just seem to have the edge around the packs and the Devils can't penetrate their zone at kick ins. Old blokes with big guts keep chiming in with that annnoying catch cry, 'Come on Parks'. Even ex-Devil Trent Tyrell (who by the way had a great game) is sticking is peroxide perm head into action, pumping his chest out and bumping our players saying maybe next year...

The co-coaches implore for more. Not sure if there is anything there...First centre bounce, Rooster taps it down to Richo who kicks it deep into the forward line...bang.... (actually can't remember who kicked the first goal). What a victory! No one will forget this.

Are the winners of the divvy 2 Grand Final....Red and White colours and their ground in West Footscray going to come up to divvy 1 to replace the side with red and white colours and their ground in West Footscray?????

No worries there mate! Bit early to start forecasting on how things will go but we have 10-12 under 18's coming up and we had only 2 blokes over 30 in the GF side.

On the game, it was a good game of footy. North couldn't get two goals in a row til the last quarter. If they did the game might have broken open earlier as when Nth scored Parksides body language was terrible and they were having a go at one another. Nevertheless til 3/4 Parkside had about 4 posters and a couple of other shots that could have almost sealed the game. They played a lot better than when i saw them during the year.

To North Footscray's credit they kept at it as with 3 or 4 fat players and 3 or 4 other 'solid' types Parkside were alway going to run out of puff. To not learn from 09 that going into a grand final with fat players it was dumfounding that they did not rotate the bench flat out. No 12 seriously was an embarassment in the second half and the big guy up forward had the one effort in him and that was it.

In the last quarter i thought Brendan Lucas was magnificent as was Ricky Munn down back, both probably had 10 touches for the quarter. Pauly Mac was good all day as he always is. Well done North and congrats to Batts who fully deserves to be a premiership coach.

To not learn from 09 that going into a grand final with fat players it was dumfounding that they did not rotate the bench flat out.

If both GF sides of Parkside 09 & 10 would put side by side the Notable changes would be

In: Bera, Jamieson, Dunstan, Eastoe, Chen, Sheppa & Gauci
(22y/o or under)
[FONT=&quot]Outs: Karavias, Tenable, Lika, Sir, Davis, Taleb
[/FONT]

I guess only the coach can answer this but to me by not rotating the Bench shows a clear lack of trust in the spare Cattle.

If both GF sides of Parkside 09 & 10 would put side by side the Notable changes would be

In: Bera, Jamieson, Dunstan, Eastoe, Chen, Sheppa & Gauci (22y/o or under)
[FONT=&quot]Outs: Karavias, Tenable, Lika, Sir, Davis, Taleb
[/FONT]

I guess only the coach can answer this but to me by not rotating the Bench shows a clear lack of trust in the spare Cattle.

I agree. The bench is not like it used to be, it should be used as a tool to keep a bit of freshness and to enable players to keep running hard. By not using it is imo very poor coaching and is the main reason for the end result.

On the game, it was a good game of footy. North couldn't get two goals in a row til the last quarter. If they did the game might have broken open earlier as when Nth scored Parksides body language was terrible and they were having a go at one another. Nevertheless til 3/4 Parkside had about 4 posters and a couple of other shots that could have almost sealed the game. They played a lot better than when i saw them during the year.

To North Footscray's credit they kept at it as with 3 or 4 fat players and 3 or 4 other 'solid' types Parkside were alway going to run out of puff. To not learn from 09 that going into a grand final with fat players it was dumfounding that they did not rotate the bench flat out. No 12 seriously was an embarassment in the second half and the big guy up forward had the one effort in him and that was it.

In the last quarter i thought Brendan Lucas was magnificent as was Ricky Munn down back, both probably had 10 touches for the quarter. Pauly Mac was good all day as he always is. Well done North and congrats to Batts who fully deserves to be a premiership coach.
what do you mean parkside were always gona run out of legs, they clearly had most of the play in the last 10 min but just couldnt get the score on the board. well done to robbie davis from nth top bloke and deserved the glory. well done mate......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back