Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

ziggy kadour possibly going spotswood , u can hav him his only good for 3 games a year

Heard from a good sorce its Sheppa,

Also heard former Parkside and Avondale players Kruiljack, Destonavic and Powers had a meeting with St Albans and Powers and Destonavic asked for $475 each and Kolynuk rang Kruiljak after it to ask it was a joke.
can confirm metting wrflfan,
powers and kruljac played juniors/seniors with the club did not speak money though.

Agree with your thoughts on loosing another traditional club, the talks with c-springs have been on the table for a while. Parksider has confirmed sheppa as coach on his own thread?? Haven't heard he has signed on as yet though. He has been helping out at Glenorden thus far. A lot will depend on the player clean out in relation to how many "old club people" return to help out.
i thought shep was at glenroy didnt think he wanted the main gig if true would be good hard working coach for parkside.
joining c/springs would also be good news. juniors are the life blood of clubs at our level and they will have a lot of them c/spring big new suburb lots of kids for lots of years.

i thought shep was at glenroy didnt think he wanted the main gig if true would be good hard working coach for parkside.
joining c/springs would also be good news. juniors are the life blood of clubs at our level and they will have a lot of them c/spring big new suburb lots of kids for lots of years.

if parkside were to amalgamate with caroline springs junior club that would be an excellent move by the club, having a fresh group of senior players coming through every season adds stability and depth to a footy club

look at all the clubs that have been cemented in A grade and play finals on a regular basis, port, hoppers, spotswood, st albans all have good junior programs and under 18's and now sunshine look like they have some good times ahead that has come about from having good juniors

the big advantage with juniors is that they are already at the club and usually live locally, no recruiting required and normally don't have to pay massive match payments so i think parkside would be on the right track if they were to go down that path

Heard from a good sorce its Sheppa,

Also heard former Parkside and Avondale players Kruiljack, Destonavic and Powers had a meeting with St Albans and Powers and Destonavic asked for $475 each and Kolynuk rang Kruiljak after it to ask it was a joke.

I hear you are a good friend of the player with the biggest heart in the comp Elton Stevens and if so wish him all the best for next week as it is Elton's week on Gold 104..:cool:

I hear you are a good friend of the player with the biggest heart in the comp Elton Stevens and if so wish him all the best for next week as it is Elton's week on Gold 104..:cool:
Ill pass that on to him its a fair rap coming from yourself, good to see you back, what do you think about Sam Hoath contemplating going to Hoppers being a staunch Port Man

can confirm metting wrflfan,
powers and kruljac played juniors/seniors with the club did not speak money though.
Why would you say they didnt talk money, your trying to recruit them not chase them away. Anyway whats the chances are they playing there?

Ill pass that on to him its a fair rap coming from yourself, good to see you back, what do you think about Sam Hoath contemplating going to Hoppers being a staunch Port Man

I thought straight away once i found out his new buisness minding kids :eek:
was in Hoppers but then again he is not a jack ,but i would be very surprised if he did play against the Colt's because from memory hardness was not one his strong points.

Also isn't Mick's buisness in Hopper's as well ,he might turn too ,i think not:cool:

I thought straight away once i found out his new buisness minding kids :eek:
was in Hoppers but then again he is not a jack ,but i would be very surprised if he did play against the Colt's because from memory hardness was not one his strong points.

Also isn't Mick's buisness in Hopper's as well ,he might turn too ,i think not:cool:
Hes a bigger chance of turning cat before turning Hoppers

Does anyone know of any other recruits at St Albans besides power and kriuljac? Have heard alot of players are leaving. Arena is going to Abers, Ash Craig possibly to Abers, Trent Zantuack heading back up to Noosa to live with his family, Simon O'Keefe has already been interviewed by Abers, Mark Oxnam gone, Matt Draga gone also Jeff Fraser gone. Tonna is not sure what he is doing.

Has Kolinyuk apponited an assistant as yet?

Does anyone know of any other recruits at St Albans besides power and kriuljac? Have heard alot of players are leaving. Arena is going to Abers, Ash Craig possibly to Abers, Trent Zantuack heading back up to Noosa to live with his family, Simon O'Keefe has already been interviewed by Abers, Mark Oxnam gone, Matt Draga gone also Jeff Fraser gone. Tonna is not sure what he is doing.

Has Kolinyuk apponited an assistant as yet?

when kolyniuk got appointed i would have thought he would bring a few players with him, not lose players

the players that are supposed to be moving on are all of their key players, not a good start for st albans if they do leave

when kolyniuk got appointed i would have thought he would bring a few players with him, not lose players

the players that are supposed to be moving on are all of their key players, not a good start for st albans if they do leave

Not sure who they are talking to but there numbers at the river last week were pretty ordinary.

Not one of the above mentioned players were there.

Not sure who they are talking to but there numbers at the river last week were pretty ordinary.

Not one of the above mentioned players were there.

I don't think Kolinuik will find it as easy as he did at Douta's to attract players. Players don't want to come and play in this league cause they are scared. Also at Doutas they are prepared to pay sign on fees to players where as St Albans will not do that and they are a little reluctant to spend up big on players.

If they do lose all of those players, they would need to bring in 8-10 very good players if they are to be any threat at all next year and i'm not sure the club would be prepared to fork out that sort of money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Kolinuik will find it as easy as he did at Douta's to attract players. Players don't want to come and play in this league cause they are scared. Also at Doutas they are prepared to pay sign on fees to players where as St Albans will not do that and they are a little reluctant to spend up big on players.

If they do lose all of those players, they would need to bring in 8-10 very good players if they are to be any threat at all next year and i'm not sure the club would be prepared to fork out that sort of money.
What do they do with their money then, besides build club rooms that are better than the shopping centre?

Heard years ago that Ezard was on $100k for three years with conditions, thats alot of money but they got the result, why have they changed their ways. Theyd have more pokies now than back then

Parkside will not fold if decide to appoint Sheppabottom by the end of the week.

He's the ideal coach for the club to continue on in this league.

He's a very very smart man and the club would be crazy not to appoint him.

Almost all the players will committ to next year if he gets the job.

Not doubting they'll be behind the 8 ball in recruiting for next year but it's good for the league that they'll look like sticking around and with some new direction.

What do they do with their money then, besides build club rooms that are better than the shopping centre?

Heard years ago that Ezard was on $100k for three years with conditions, thats alot of money but they got the result, why have they changed their ways. Theyd have more pokies now than back then

we do spend a bit on buildings. new ground lighting before xmas new beer garden after xmas new change rooms/gym very soon.:thumbsu:

i would have thought a strathmore type budget would not be good for our comp. maybe i am wrong and should talk to the club about doing that.

the figure you mentioned for Ezard is laughable but it has been out there for a few years so we will let every one just believe it.

our players and recruitment is going fine. nothing has changed with our budget we will still spend a resonable amount. we have always liked to promote from within the juniors were possible.

previous to last year, results were pretty good for local club with out spending over the mark for players the only change of note we have made is the coach

Will Adam Swadiak and Danny McFerran be returing to play for the club in 2007?

quick questions. what do think is the average amount clubs spend on players? is 80 to 90k around the mark? I guess this money is all from sponsors and over the bar. obviously some clubs in the area have pokies, but has there ever been a gate at WRFL (apart from finals)

have just herd that the carson brothers we'nt happy at there new club in geelong and are heading back to hoppers can anyone from hoppers let us know if this is true.if it is true would be good for hoppers as they were there two best players for them last year.

have just herd that the carson brothers we'nt happy at there new club in geelong and are heading back to hoppers can anyone from hoppers let us know if this is true.if it is true would be good for hoppers as they were there two best players for them last year.
not true.

quick questions. what do think is the average amount clubs spend on players? is 80 to 90k around the mark? I guess this money is all from sponsors and over the bar. obviously some clubs in the area have pokies, but has there ever been a gate at WRFL (apart from finals)

no money from the gate in wrfl except for finals which is also a reason why clubs in this comp don't or can't spend as much on players as other leagues do

i think most clubs would spend between 40k and 80k but that is a guess, 1 or 2 clubs may spend more becuase they have pokies and stuff but that would only be hoppers and st albans and i doubt st albans spent that much

will only return if gfl does not proceed 2007 due to level 3 water restrictions

Keenan reynolds has also signed as playing/asst coach at hoppers for some big coin.
Former Bulldogs player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back