Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Problem is these things are hard for the clubs to sell and they end up giving them away. The league charges the clubs $100 a week and thats $1700 for the year that clubs can't/don't want to spend.

Just on expenses at the footy. We have it pretty good in the WRFL. Not sure about now but a few years ago in the Diamond Valley, they charged us $11 to get in (not the players) and then $2 a record and still got masssive crowds. If they did that here nobody would turn up.

i agree cougar we pay enough in fees we should be getting something back. its bad enough we have to buy all our suppplies thru them

exactly right mate we have to buy the brand of pies, sausage roll etc even tape for strapping that the league says because of sponsorship and all clubs to my knowledge comply, obviously the league do pretty well out of it yet we can't even get a bloody footy record for free:thumbsdown:

on a seperate note hoppers v sunshine is match of the day this saturday, spotty v colts i would've thought to be a better option especially with spotty having a reunion on will be a bumper crowd, having said that hoppers and sunshine should be a belter of a game aswell:thumbsu:

i agree cougar we pay enough in fees we should be getting something back. its bad enough we have to buy all our suppplies thru them

Good pionts regarding both the record and the footy show but remember the clubs run the league and both were scrapped on the clubs vote.

Granted this was put to the clubs because of the ongoing rise in costs to all clubs. The above two items were the sacrifical items to go in order to try and keep to budget. Perhaps we should suggest (through our clubs at the next comm-mang meeting) that we want them back. Perhaps we can put up a resolution to trim some of the support staff at the league HO??

Any thoughts

I think disco or bonnett would be best backmen in the comp,dell is ok but i don't rate him that highly.
i think the young guy from st albans peter dalinkeiwicz is the best full back in the league he always does a good job on leading forwards and proved that against clarke a couple of weeks ago

A little harsh the last 2 lines. Irrespective of a players past come on obe...
Anyway lets get onto this week in footy and what do people on here think of getting the footy show back on channel 31......

I think when a bloke stands three deep in a push and shove, snips blokes in the back of the head and when not doing that reaches in and gouges , I for one reckon it was Karma. Talk about blokes who should not play the game, start with him.

On the other hand , he is still responsible for the funniest thing I have ever seen on a footy feild. You had to be there obviosly , when playing for Seddon he....like I said you had to be there....very very funny incident.

Good pionts regarding both the record and the footy show but remember the clubs run the league and both were scrapped on the clubs vote.

Granted this was put to the clubs because of the ongoing rise in costs to all clubs. The above two items were the sacrifical items to go in order to try and keep to budget. Perhaps we should suggest (through our clubs at the next comm-mang meeting) that we want them back. Perhaps we can put up a resolution to trim some of the support staff at the league HO??

Any thoughts

Footy Show was cut due to the fact that it was costing in excess of $30,000.00 a year to produce, and was reportedly said to cost more this year.

Purchasing through the league is done so they are able to keep management fees down to the current levels they are at now. If clubs were able to deal with our own suppliers, management fees would be substantially more then they are now.

Don't know much about the records.

I would just like to add that i personally agree with obe1. I think a players past should definitely come in cotention when considering the severity and decision of a report. Everyone who pays interest in the WRFL knows what sort of player he is, why should you have to put up with his crap just becasue of some supposed 'player code'. We're not playing AFL here, we're not all mates here. Sure you may have some players within teams that are past friends, or old rivals and that is fine to repect them, but back in my day when i played i hated the opposition. Now this may just be the way i play but if some bloke tried to unfairly take me out then i couldn't give a stuff if he got weeks. And so he should. And in return when i delt out my own injustices i righty deserved my punishments.
Anyway isn't true footy toughness demonstrated by your couragous attack at the ball. I don't know any thugs that i'd call tough.

Also i'm interested in hearing what CABS has to say about Chest's hypothetical scenario.

Like I've said previously, im not one to lag a bloke in. These things happen on a footy field... If i was in that situation its quite simple, i dont remember what happened... copped a knock, dunno from who, where or when... hows that for an answer? Its not about being mates with the opposition, its just football, you grow up knowing not to dob another bloke in... Why do you think Wayne Campbell copped it after dobbing in Liberatore after the Knights incident?
Thought we had moved on anyway... lookin forward to Hoppers this week... not sure how or when they choose the match of the day, but both games should be crackers.
Winners this week Sunshine, Colts, Altona, Albion and St Albans

i think the young guy from st albans peter dalinkeiwicz is the best full back in the league he always does a good job on leading forwards and proved that against clarke a couple of weeks ago

He seems to go well but not at the top just yet,plays fair also,good luck to him will be a player of the future

Like I've said previously, im not one to lag a bloke in. These things happen on a footy field... If i was in that situation its quite simple, i dont remember what happened... copped a knock, dunno from who, where or when... hows that for an answer? Its not about being mates with the opposition, its just football, you grow up knowing not to dob another bloke in... Why do you think Wayne Campbell copped it after dobbing in Liberatore after the Knights incident?

So your trying to tell me if some bloke king it you off the play and broke your jaw, you missed the rest of the season, and the chance of finals you'd just be fine with that would you? Mate i reckon you are kidding yourself if you reckon you'd just play dumb.
We all know your trying to be a noble player, but lets be honest here.

Morning Gents

Travvy's tips:
Altona over orden by 16 points
Albion over parkers by 67 points (flat track bully's)
Spotty over colts by 17 points
St Albans by 49 points over eagles
Sunshine by 12 points over hoppers

Not sure if anyone has heard, Shan Carroll got three weeks at the tribunal this week. Some at the club are saying he was a little hard done by however i will be interested to hear all of your thoughts.

Morning Gents

Travvy's tips:

Not sure if anyone has heard, Shan Carroll got three weeks at the tribunal this week. Some at the club are saying he was a little hard done by however i will be interested to hear all of your thoughts.

Its been flogged to death mate. Re-read the last couple of pages. Lets move on I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just in relation to Lopburi comment earlier I think but I may be incorrect that obe was talking about Harb as he says (not carroll) but maybe I have misunderstood. But anyway time to move on looking forward to some good games this week.

Its been flogged to death mate. Re-read the last couple of pages. Lets move on I reckon.

Mr BEAZER, i was being sarcastic. Agree with your last sentance, perhaps next time consider putting them in capital letters so big footy goers get the point!!!

LETS MOVE ON

Two sensational games of footy this weekend that will go a long way in shaping the pointy part of the ladder.

Morning Gents

Travvy's tips:

Chest tips this week with some very good games.
Altona by 50 points - a lot better side than glenorden.
Albion by 45 points - parks getting better
Spotty over colts by 36 points - not sure if the wheels are faling of colts but spotty have a good record at home over colts.
St Albans by 30 pts over eagles. - eagles good against lesser teams but against better ones the youg heads drop.
Hoppers over sunshine by 35 pts. - I think the kangas are a few key forwards away from giving the flag a shake.

Good Luck

ROUND 8 TIPS

ALTONA V glenorden

ALBION V parkside

COLTS V spotswood

ST ALBANS V yarraville/seddon

HOPPERS V sunshine

Mr BEAZER, i was being sarcastic. Agree with your last sentance, perhaps next time consider putting them in capital letters so big footy goers get the point!!!

LETS MOVE ON

Two sensational games of footy this weekend that will go a long way in shaping the pointy part of the ladder.

Sorry Trav, didnt see it.

Agree about the games though. Dont know much about Sunshine as we play them next week. Hoppers are very impressive. A very young side thrown together very quickly. Will improve a great deal Id imagine. I think that Sunshines on-ballers are as good as any getting around and should get on top of the Hoppers midfield. Just not sure who will kick the goals for Sunshine. I think Hoppers may just get over the line.

Our game will be a cracker. Port will grow another leg for this 1 and we are expecting that. We have 8 of our best 22 out so that will make it tougher but we still have a good enough side to win. Port have a few out aswell, dont you? I think the midfield outcome will determine the game. Both teams have match winning forwards to win the game and whoever gets the most supply, will win.

Sorry Bretto, you will officially be the slowest man on the ground this Sat. The quad is still no good.

Just in relation to Lopburi comment earlier I think but I may be incorrect that obe was talking about Harb as he says (not carroll) but maybe I have misunderstood. But anyway time to move on looking forward to some good games this week.

Agree its time to move on and yes I am talking about the non sushine person.

Agree about the games though. Dont know much about Sunshine as we play them next week. Hoppers are very impressive. A very young side thrown together very quickly. Will improve a great deal Id imagine. I think that Sunshines on-ballers are as good as any getting around and should get on top of the Hoppers midfield. Just not sure who will kick the goals for Sunshine. I think Hoppers may just get over the line.

Beazer not sure if you seen Sunshine's goal kickers last week but they have been shared around alot more this year with about 10 players running through the midfield and forwardline who can kick multiple goals. Without Frost and McGoldrick not playing as well.
SUN Miller 4, Quinn 4, Carroll 3, Douglas 3, Goring 3, Davis 2

Hopefully we can continue our form tomorrow against Hoppers with some very handy in's this week.

it would be nice to have the show back but it needs a sponsor to get get it going i think, maybe the wrfl could hit there pocket but i doubt it...:thumbsdown:

it would also be nice to have a footy record just like all the other league's do but it aint going to happen either:thumbsdown:

I wouldnt like to see the show back it was shit, who watches crap like that at 8.30am on saturday, our league show was a joke, all the other league shows are 10x better.
As for the record, yeah id like to see it back but the league would probably charge us $1 per record like they did at finals last year, what a joke when you can get an AFL record for $3

exactly right mate we have to buy the brand of pies, sausage roll etc even tape for strapping that the league says because of sponsorship and all clubs to my knowledge comply, obviously the league do pretty well out of it yet we can't even get a bloody footy record for free:thumbsdown:

We use most of these suppliers cos the WRFL gets a rebate as part of the sponsorship deal, which is then rebated back to the clubns, so you are only cheating yourslef...
Although som places we HAVE to use through the league such as "Loca Loca" are cheaper in the supermarket...how r we expected to make the 20-30k we pay them each year?
Unless you're hoppers or st albans with pokies...

Agree about the games though. Dont know much about Sunshine as we play them next week. Hoppers are very impressive. A very young side thrown together very quickly. Will improve a great deal Id imagine. I think that Sunshines on-ballers are as good as any getting around and should get on top of the Hoppers midfield. Just not sure who will kick the goals for Sunshine. I think Hoppers may just get over the line.​

Beazer not sure if you seen Sunshine's goal kickers last week but they have been shared around alot more this year with about 10 players running through the midfield and forwardline who can kick multiple goals. Without Frost and McGoldrick not playing as well.​

SUN Miller 4, Quinn 4, Carroll 3, Douglas 3, Goring 3, Davis 2​

Hopefully we can continue our form tomorrow against Hoppers with some very handy in's this week.​

No I didnt mate. If you continue that, they will be hard to match up on. The consistency is what I was referring to and the fact that Carroll wasnt playing.

Sunshine may have had a spread of goal kickers on the weekend, but when you win by over a hundred points it's not us good as it sounds. Especially with the loss of Carroll this week it will be interesting to see how they go in the forward line. i think sunshine's midfield drive is second to none so if they use that and don't heavily rely on the work of the forwards they could get over the line. it all depends on how hoppers apply the mid field pressure. if you can cover up some of their drive then i think sunshine will have a bit of trouble.
personally i think sunshine will match up well against hoppers. sunshine play a fast game, have good fitness, and good drive. Whereas hoppers are probably a little classier in terms of skills and experience, yet a little less physical. i reckon this will come down to who wants it more, and is willing to push the most for it.

Thats a pretty good rundown there Lopburi... you seem to know your stuff. Agree with you about the midfield battle, Rusty has been in great form and we have a lot of guys who can rotate through there. Very hard at it, and around the stoppages we go well. Hoppers are fairly young, and will look so much different to previous years. Prob play similiar to us in that they run and carry, and use the ball well. There forward line is fairly new, with Montebruno and Frost probably being the keys. There backline is also very strong, with Disco, Taylor if he plays and Phipps all handy... Although we lose Carroll we have a few back in like Demarte and Mentha. Cant wait for the game, be good to see where we are at, wet weather may help us id imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back