Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

You honestley dont beleive saul left colts because of traffic conditions on the west gate bridge do you ?
Isnt doreen on this side of the westgate wouldnt that mean he would be going to training on the side were there is no traffic ?
Maybe you should be a little more accurate !!!
Hello boys have'nt been on here for ages. I'll put this one to bed I actually travelled down citylink if i went through the city about one hour and twenty over the westgate about one ten citylink fifty to an hour. Port is a top club and i would still be playing there but it really takes it's toll when you train twice and play on saturdays work it out it's a long time sitting behind the wheel. Who ever said Greenvale was a mile away from doreen get your melways out goose it takes fifteen minutes. Still have a lot of good mates down at port and always will Might even go up for a qaurter or two in corowa see if the rock lets me. Those times are off peak i'd hate to be doing it in peak hour traffic.

me??? never i wouldnt do something like that, ur only cheating urself when take shortcuts.

why would my sides hope rest with me?????
cause i kicked my teams most goals???
does that mean ur side hopes rest on caddy????
i thought u would know that one player doesnt make a team, thats what u keep telling us on here.
interesting observations thou much appreciated.

caddy didn't kick the most buddy,even though i hardly touched the footy in the second half of the year still got 80 and caddy 79,but hoath and wittmar should cover saul both 6ft 4 and very athletic,the two fastest in the team and both with massive leaps...,and yes of course your right it takes more than 1 player,just stirring mate don't take it to serious.....get back to eating your maccas fatboy

Hello boys have'nt been on here for ages. I'll put this one to bed I actually travelled down citylink if i went through the city about one hour and twenty over the westgate about one ten citylink fifty to an hour. Port is a top club and i would still be playing there but it really takes it's toll when you train twice and play on saturdays work it out it's a long time sitting behind the wheel. Who ever said Greenvale was a mile away from doreen get your melways out goose it takes fifteen minutes. Still have a lot of good mates down at port and always will Might even go up for a qaurter or two in corowa see if the rock lets me. Those times are off peak i'd hate to be doing it in peak hour traffic.

i'm sure we can work something out buddy,couple of quarters at full back mite be ok.....toza would like it

I think you need to get tha facts beofre you pot a bloke for pulling the pin. The facts are that Geddes did resign on Tuesday from a club that will prob fold half through the season because of issues outside of football. Geddes had his 4th child only weeks ago and found he did not have the fire in the belly to continue on a full time basis. If 30 blokes turned up to training so be it but I find it hard to believe it would be because of Geddes departure. Shane Geddes has done alot in football and has never quit on any thing or any one until now and can you blame him when you have all of these guns that have been signed including the so called President son to the club only to see him sign with Spotty !!! Please Long and Direct !!!.

You can not pot a guy for wanting to spend time with his family!!! And if bloke were staying away because of Geddes that speaks volumes for the rabble that West are because Geddes has only brought success to where ever he has been !!! Look up the facts and it will show when Geddes leaves a club so do some gun players although this wont be the fact at West because they had none to start with !!!

I'll sum it up for L & D, he's had no support from the club, no support from the so called premiership/champion wannabe's, and there are more staff than players, and no there was not 30 players, there were 19 on the track and ONLY 5 senior players!

he knew he was having a baby when he won the flag last year, when he applied for the job, when he was appointed and for the first month and a half of the season. if mcghie did sign plus others and the stampede out the door didn't happen i could have an educated guess and say the fire in the belly might have been there. weak as piss written all over it, out the door because things don't look good simple as that. and i believe he didn't leave his last club on good terms so don't quote history unless it can back you up.

how can you sit there and say that crap. How many night do you know about west? i can tell you there, if you knew what was happening down there, then you would understand. Seeing you don't shut it!

don't get violent or the only thing tragic about you will not only be your name but your health. just give your boyfriend/gemini a big hug and kiss when you get home and you will feel better.

i would magine west wouldn't be too happy having to find another coach in march so don't talk shit that they wouldn't have a problem.

Paul Smith is still coach! So that won't be an issue.

Just curious Ass Clown i mean long and direct your not from sunshine heights at all are you, because it sounds like your a bit bitter about the grand final last year let it go man its gone. Taking pot shots at a guy who quit for familly reasons sums you up doesnt it champ!!!
While your bringing up bullshit excuses why did you get smashed in the granny last year???

Just curious Ass Clown i mean long and direct your not from sunshine heights at all are you, because it sounds like your a bit bitter about the grand final last year let it go man its gone. Taking pot shots at a guy who quit for familly reasons sums you up doesnt it champ!!!
While your bringing up bullshit excuses why did you get smashed in the granny last year???

no excuses just lost to a better side, i mean group of individual mercenaries who don't give a rats about the club and only care about themselves and their pay cheques. i can hear the stampede now. enjoy your premiership because it's getting bitter by the day.

and your bum chum quit because he is a sook, as he said he was putting in and no one else was, boo hoo sooky la la. likes to ski down hill apparently, the hard work doesn't quite appeal the same.

lets get some footy talk happening....who's playing who in praccy games and when and where
Alot has happened in the last 6 months,the permiers spotty look as though they will be hard to beat again lost no one and recruited a couple of solid midfielders and young mcghie,the worry though crackers expanding ass,it's bigger than beazer's now
colts have had some huge losses,caddy lindsay and chisnal all gone to play elswhere and webb retiring but have also picked up some quality,hoath returns along with mullett and another couple of quality tasmanians,also have snatched one of hoppers quality youngsters in kaine williams,we also will be a force this year
hoppers have gone out and picked up a few players murphy will b the best but downey and moody will make an impact along with barry,the downfall will be the loss of frosty,he won the bnf last year but also fletcher gone to werribee
Sunshine i think will be the big improvers,big losses in douglas,mastro and comer but have picked up very well in foley,mentha some good youngsters coming through and morgan king and thorny from yarra along with another key backmen will put them pushing top 3
Albion also have picked up alot of quality dorwood will be the standout and knizeivic also,savalas will be a better playing in the second half of the year not sure who has gone other than broadbent but they will also push top 3
St.albans again have picked up fairly well hollow being the standout and the saints to have a powerfull fwd line if the can get first use,wells will be a loss but i think with some luck with injury the saints also have the talent to push top 3
The rest will see glenorden and altona improve alot and cement themselve in divvy 1
West and yarra is all doom and gloom lets just hope they can field teams to play 18 rounds that in itself will be a great achievement.
GOOD LUCK to all for season 2008 i'm sure it will be a great one especially with the top 6 teams

lets get some footy talk happening....who's playing who in praccy games and when and where
Alot has happened in the last 6 months,the permiers spotty look as though they will be hard to beat again lost no one and recruited a couple of solid midfielders and young mcghie,the worry though crackers expanding ass,it's bigger than beazer's now
colts have had some huge losses,caddy lindsay and chisnal all gone to play elswhere and webb retiring but have also picked up some quality,hoath returns along with mullett and another couple of quality tasmanians,also have snatched one of hoppers quality youngsters in kaine williams,we also will be a force this year
hoppers have gone out and picked up a few players murphy will b the best but downey and moody will make an impact along with barry,the downfall will be the loss of frosty,he won the bnf last year but also fletcher gone to werribee
Sunshine i think will be the big improvers,big losses in douglas,mastro and comer but have picked up very well in foley,mentha some good youngsters coming through and morgan king and thorny from yarra along with another key backmen will put them pushing top 3
Albion also have picked up alot of quality dorwood will be the standout and knizeivic also,savalas will be a better playing in the second half of the year not sure who has gone other than broadbent but they will also push top 3
St.albans again have picked up fairly well hollow being the standout and the saints to have a powerfull fwd line if the can get first use,wells will be a loss but i think with some luck with injury the saints also have the talent to push top 3
The rest will see glenorden and altona improve alot and cement themselve in divvy 1
West and yarra is all doom and gloom lets just hope they can field teams to play 18 rounds that in itself will be a great achievement.
GOOD LUCK to all for season 2008 i'm sure it will be a great one especially with the top 6 teams

port lost alot of quality players, but have gained some good young talent in williams but dont forget perkins from the under18's could do some damage in the 1's this year wont say much else :cool:. 1st

hoppers would almost look at the top of the world.. with some great sign ups lets hope they dont hurdle. 2nd

albion are talking it all up at the moment..but maybe they have got what its worth talking about this year? they have gained a few parksiders 3rd

as for spotty not to sure with there major sign ups.. 4th

5th spot up for grabs between, sunshine, stalb, altona
any other sign ups anywhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

half a coach. the club didn't have the confidence in him or the other cry baby to do it alone so they appointed both. now they are left with half a coach.

Please refer back to al_smith ass clown! I hope west do go back to 2nd divvy so they can pump heights again, s*^t it's not hard to bet heights.

i'm about to release some confidential information about heights for all of 2nd divvy to know.................... stop gretto and the jobs done!! oh wait, everyone already knew that!!!
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

NOW LONG AND DIRECT go back to the 2nd divvy forum b/c the grown ups have to talk!

Sunshine's practice matches start this Saturday with a trip up to play Tongala from the Murray League. Should be good to finally have a run, pre-season is never fun. Next week we play Bell Post Hill on Sunday at our ground, they are from one of the Geelong leagues, coached by ex Deer Park coach May. I think we are also trying to arrange a game on the 27th, at this stage I think it will be against Sunbury, not sure if home or away.

Good to see the WRFL improving overall, with many sides now pushing for a finals spot and the race for top 3 wide open. Usually its 6 teams fighting for 5 spots with the usuals at the top. This year we can prob expect a lot more competition from a number of sides. Altona always put up a good fight, and Glenorden will improve on last year. Shame about West and Yarra if whats being said is true. Sunshine will improve on last year, if we can stay injury free. Albion should improve with the recruits and retaining Turner, Kelm and so on. Colts are always thereabouts, Spotty will remain strong, Saints look to have picked up well. Hoppers should be the big improvers, if these big names stand up.

How good will the hoppers/Sunshine game be?? Put Douggie Thomas and Robbie Mentha on each other and put the pill in between them!!!

Also, listening to SEN1116 on the weekend, for that former Albion bloke who rang up and said how he was disappointed in how his former club are treating him because he moved on for a bigger pay packet..... WHAT DID YOU EXPECT NUM NUTS?? Why would your club respect you if you can turn your back on them after 20 years for a decimal point. Turn it up you tool!

Agree about the Mentha/Thomas duel. Played a lot of footy with both of them and that would be an awesome battle. I couldnt split either of them in regards to hardness at the footy. Doug prob has the better skills, and has played a bit of VFL senior footy.

Whats this about SEN? Whos the former player? Care to go in to more detail... what were SEN doing talking about Albion or the WRFL anyway?

port lost alot of quality players, but have gained some good young talent in williams but dont forget perkins from the under18's could do some damage in the 1's this year wont say much else :cool:. 1st

Don't worry about that,i know we have a few quality youngsters coming through and i actually give them alla wrap in an interview i done yesterday in the leader newspaper...perkins,huggins,murphy,davey[if not at port] phill.k junior vuli

Agree about the Mentha/Thomas duel. Played a lot of footy with both of them and that would be an awesome battle. I couldnt split either of them in regards to hardness at the footy. Doug prob has the better skills, and has played a bit of VFL senior footy.

Whats this about SEN? Whos the former player? Care to go in to more detail... what were SEN doing talking about Albion or the WRFL anyway?

Some Albion player called up SEN on Talkback off his own free will to take a pot shot at his old club for mistreating him. SEN were not covering local sport in any shape or form at the time, he just called up to get it off his chest. After he said himself he left for more money to a rival club.
Why would albion treat him right?? just goes to show what type of bloke he is, as he refused to state his name as well.

haha dont get carried away! ive found out the story and it was a few current albion players on the piss trying to stitch up another bloke. as if anyone would 1. call up SEN themselves and 2. say they've left for more money. so i guess you have been stitched up yourself.

haha dont get carried away! ive found out the story and it was a few current albion players on the piss trying to stitch up another bloke. as if anyone would 1. call up SEN themselves and 2. say they've left for more money. so i guess you have been stitched up yourself.

If i am wrong. Happy to admitt it. I will take up sewing lessons to learn to stitch.

your not wrong bout my ass expanding, but its a bit harsh to say its bigger than cams, thats a fair dumper he's got.

spotty have a praccy match against darley in a few weeks, think its a night game, cant wait for the run and to see how our new recruits go got a couple of good ones there again this year, also some of our youngsters will take the next step and become elite players in this comp no doubt.

Which young guys are you meaning? Surely Patak is already one of the elite players in the comp after his year. Do you mean Isbister, Fogarty, Sablich? agree they are good players but not sure whether they will be elite.

Good to see haven't lost your dislike for travelling after all corowa isn't that far is it ???? and better still to play for a club that you have just left,next year we may hear rock welcoming his buddy and great clubman Lindsay back,nothing down there will ever surprise me.

Good to see haven't lost your dislike for travelling after all corowa isn't that far is it ???? and better still to play for a club that you have just left,next year we may hear rock welcoming his buddy and great clubman Lindsay back,nothing down there will ever surprise me.

Me and jl are mates and i would love for him to be still playing at the colts and if all were happy to have him back i would be happy also,as for travelling to corowa,we are heading up on a bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back