Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Not an actual side but just naming a few in different areas... might get some discussion going from all teams.

Backs - bright, magnusson, linton, kairns, martin, thorn(new), lubke(new)

Mids - mcgoldrick, acreman, travvy, older(new), harrison, glowacki, foley, mentha, donovan, quinn, lyons

Forwards - goring, carroll, king(new), connor, woods(new), hedditch, bunworth(new)

Rucks - millar, matt harper(new), mcinneny

i know we wont at any stage have all these guys available, due to VFL or injury but thats a list of guys to choose from. shows our strength in the midfield, with our weakness probably being a ruckman short.

Bassingthwaite is probably another option in midfield. Good young player from North Sunshine.

Its funny how you can use one's sudinam name to learn a little about ones character.

"Rock "- Gives heaps and get plenty more in return. Just the way he likes it. ie, Rock as in hard.

"IM OLD SCHOOL" my recollection of the term means "one who is prepared to look someone in the eye" when on the front or back foot, someone who - if has something to say would front the concerning party and say it face to face. Your interpretation obviously means a little different, like sledge from afar, pot behind a pc etc etc.

Name dropping of Craig is kinda cute too, I too can recall things from the past. Didn't your pin up boy duck a little when a certain colts bloke went him a number of years ago? Pot shots can be taken at anyone, its time to talk some footy. Good luck with your season you are off to a flyer.

Was it only one bloke ? well you didnt see it then as usual you must of sniffing the coaches arse

Was it only one bloke ? well you didnt see it then as usual you must of sniffing the coaches arse

Yes it was i only one bloke,i wasn't far away from it,yes there a few other's with him but they were there in case his fellow player's and supporter's jumped in to back him up,which didn't happen and it wasn't long after that the Browne **** left the mighty parker's,was the reason because of a number of people stood by and watched him get the flogging he deserved because of what he had done away from footy,if you were there why didn't you help him or were you like the other's and turned a blind eye to it.

People from Colts,Hoppers and Spotty if its possible put your best 21 in position on here, I am sure like other I would like to compare names.

People from Colts,Hoppers and Spotty if its possible put your best 21 in position on here, I am sure like other I would like to compare names.

Its a little hard to pen the best 21 at this stage ( not trying to be a smartie ) but deduct Caddy , Webb and Lindsay from the GF side and add the following to the remaining list of names. Hoath, Mullett, Partrigde , Rutley , Whittmar , Chisnal (dnp in GF ) , T Cox , Brady , Perkins , Huggans , Williams and D Jacobs. Obviously they all wont be in the best 21, still a few weekss to go before that's sorted.

Tell as a little about yourself Bale, where did you play?, who do you follow? promote your club, there must be something positive happening in your world, anythings gotta be better than your continual colts and Obe bashing.

Tell as a little about yourself Bale, where did you play?, who do you follow? promote your club, there must be something positive happening in your world, anythings gotta be better than your continual colts and Obe bashing.

Go through my posts goose i havnt bagged colts once
I like bagging you becauce of the crap you talk

Anyone got scores from the Colts-Corowa game?? surely Rock would have a laptop with GPS bluetooth wireless gizmo to connect to bigfooty from anywhere in Australia ;)

Go through my posts goose i havnt bagged colts once
I like bagging you becauce of the crap you talk

Ohhhhhhhhh , you have realy offended me now.......up untill your last post I thought we were mates. Keep up the good work.

Anyone got scores from the Colts-Corowa game?? surely Rock would have a laptop with GPS bluetooth wireless gizmo to connect to bigfooty from anywhere in Australia ;)

Reserves, colts easily

Seniors , lost by half a dozen goals in a good spirited first hit out.

Stay tuned for Rocks more detailed report:thumbsu:

Yes it was i only one bloke,i wasn't far away from it,yes there a few other's with him but they were there in case his fellow player's and supporter's jumped in to back him up,which didn't happen and it wasn't long after that the Browne **** left the mighty parker's,was the reason because of a number of people stood by and watched him get the flogging he deserved because of what he had done away from footy,if you were there why didn't you help him or were you like the other's and turned a blind eye to it.

What a load of crap !!!
Craig was leaning on the fence when ( s ) king hit him from the side then craig was wrestling with a dark fellow & 4 other blokes were kicking & punching him on the ground Craig deserved everything he got but let me tell you this if ( s ) & craig went at it alone it wouldnt last long trust me i grew up with both of them
I was at ( s ) place for a bbq 2 weeks ago so i know the whole story mate not the crap that your speeking
As for craig leaving for the bush it had nothing to do with that it had to do with him & his old man ripping of another crew & they burnt his house down so get it right
If you want to talk clashes between both partys find out what happened at the elephant wheelborow in st kilda OR the marque in sth melb when there was a broken jaw & another was bloke sleeping ive got plenty of respect
for colts on & off the ground but parkside in there hayday didint back down from anyone on or off the ground

What a load of crap !!!
Craig was leaning on the fence when ( s ) king hit him from the side then Craig was wrestling with a dark fellow & 4 other blokes were kicking & punching him on the ground Craig deserved everything he got but let me tell you this if ( s ) & Craig went at it alone it would last long trust me i grew up with both of them
I was at ( s ) place for a BBQ 2 weeks ago so i know the whole story mate not the crap that your speaking
As for Craig leaving for the bush it had nothing to do with that it had to do with him & his old man ripping of another crew & they burnt his house down so get it right
If you want to talk clashes between both parties find out what happened at the elephant wheelbarrow in st kilda OR the marque in sth melb when there was a broken jaw & another was bloke sleeping Ive got plenty of respect
for colts on & off the ground but parkside in there hayday didnt back down from anyone on or off the ground

I think the point was that every can remember something or another about this or that. Everyone See's things differently, depending on where they sit.

PS- I think I was at the same BBQ....funny thing that, eh:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of crap !!!
Craig was leaning on the fence when ( s ) king hit him from the side then craig was wrestling with a dark fellow & 4 other blokes were kicking & punching him on the ground Craig deserved everything he got but let me tell you this if ( s ) & craig went at it alone it wouldnt last long trust me i grew up with both of them
I was at ( s ) place for a bbq 2 weeks ago so i know the whole story mate not the crap that your speeking
As for craig leaving for the bush it had nothing to do with that it had to do with him & his old man ripping of another crew & they burnt his house down so get it right
If you want to talk clashes between both partys find out what happened at the elephant wheelborow in st kilda OR the marque in sth melb when there was a broken jaw & another was bloke sleeping ive got plenty of respect
for colts on & off the ground but parkside in there hayday didint back down from anyone on or off the ground

I admit i didn't see how it started but saw most of it and cannot recall 4 or 5 onto him,explain why at least 30 odd blokes stood around when there was only about six of the other's there,what happened at the elephant or the marque don't know so can't comment but i bet it wasn't any of the ones involved in the brown kerr fight,so they may have tried to even up against a weaker target.Brown kerr was very much like Jensen from spotty liked to be the big man against sides that let him get away with it,can't recall him ever trying it on the colts in a match and don't shit me about parkside i remember one day at their old ground when a certain person from the colt's went into their rooms before the game and tormented one of their player's and they didn't back up then either,he was asked quietly could he please stop it from some that know him very well.I was there so i know that story very well the parkside side player was almost in tears due to fright and it wasn't your mate browne t urd.

I admit i didn't see how it started but saw most of it and cannot recall 4 or 5 onto him,explain why at least 30 odd blokes stood around when there was only about six of the other's there,what happened at the elephant or the marque don't know so can't comment but i bet it wasn't any of the ones involved in the brown kerr fight,so they may have tried to even up against a weaker target.Brown kerr was very much like Jensen from spotty liked to be the big man against sides that let him get away with it,can't recall him ever trying it on the colts in a match and don't shit me about parkside i remember one day at their old ground when a certain person from the colt's went into their rooms before the game and tormented one of their player's and they didn't back up then either,he was asked quietly could he please stop it from some that know him very well.I was there so i know that story very well the parkside side player was almost in tears due to fright and it wasn't your mate browne t urd.
Spot on about Parkside.Played in a practice match years ago against them down at South Districts Oval 1 behind the tech and Browne Kerr was only a pup but still insisted on playing the thug that day but let me tell you him,Parkside and their coach, that other would be toughman from the West John ol man Sharp more than met their match that day shitting themselves and leaving with their tales between their legs.Their fatal mistake was to snipe a bunch of kids the Districts put out on the field in the first 2 quarters of a six quarter hitout only for Districts to then unleash some of their more formidable seasoned campaigners.Not necessary to mention names but blokes of that era will know who im talking about,to see blokes running through a carpark for the sanctuary of their cars was embarrasing.

Not an actual side but just naming a few in different areas... might get some discussion going from all teams.

Backs - bright, magnusson, linton, kairns, martin, thorn(new), lubke(new)

Mids - mcgoldrick, acreman, travvy, older(new), harrison, glowacki, foley, mentha, donovan, quinn, lyons

Forwards - goring, carroll, king(new), connor, woods(new), hedditch, bunworth(new)

Rucks - millar, matt harper(new), mcinneny

i know we wont at any stage have all these guys available, due to VFL or injury but thats a list of guys to choose from. shows our strength in the midfield, with our weakness probably being a ruckman short.

And I think there are a few other names you have missed as well squiffee. Through in, other connor if he can throw in some consistency, croft who is back from the bush after being in his sides best in granny, other foley from albion, little andy g from the 18's probably more of a filler up but this kid can play. has won about 4 or 5 b&f's in a row in the juniors. I personally am a very big wrap for the kid. Hedditch the older boy, was a back-up for Adro last year in the first half of the year and could do the same for tommy this year.

I think the biggest thing is, is that we have some depth which is fantastic, but only time will tell. Game against Bell Post Hill in the Autumn heat today. Can't wait.

95% of u blokes at the colts are weak as piss and r blow ins from other clubs... dont get me wrong there r a couple of hard blokes around the club but name 1 that plays 4 use at the moment all they r at the moment r mouths like that hard man webber who gets around like he is heman and if i can recall didnt he get chased out of the joint years ago when he played at hoppers lol go though ur list and see if u can find 1 hard man currently playing because i cant

95% of u blokes at the colts are weak as piss and r blow ins from other clubs... dont get me wrong there r a couple of hard blokes around the club but name 1 that plays 4 use at the moment all they r at the moment r mouths like that hard man webber who gets around like he is heman and if i can recall didnt he get chased out of the joint years ago when he played at hoppers lol go though ur list and see if u can find 1 hard man currently playing because i cant

Yes Webby did make a mistake years ago and i was unsure when i heard he was going to play with us but what a great player and clubman he became, alway's put his body on the line,played injured very often and never took a backward step,i think you are judging him on his antic's but aside from that he was great value for us.
Footy has changed these day's and the ball is more important than belting blokes,mainly due to weak umpiring and the send off rule.
Of today's group it would be a toss up between Elton Steven's and Blake Twomey as to being the colt's hardest both very hard at the contest no matter who is running at them..

how could you say jensen is only a big man against some sides.......i play with himn every week and he has a crack no matter who we play. now he is not a thug, he just plays hard and hits hard, ive seen him do it against bottom sides and ive seen him do it top sides, doesnt matter who we play he will have a crack 100% everytime. why ppl come on here and say he is scared against the so called harder, tougher, intimidating clubs is beyond me, maybe ppl are just envious of they way he looks and plays, get over it. he would start in everyteam in the comp and every club would love to have him at theres

Spot on about Parkside.Played in a practice match years ago against them down at South Districts Oval 1 behind the tech and Browne Kerr was only a pup but still insisted on playing the thug that day but let me tell you him,Parkside and their coach, that other would be toughman from the West John ol man Sharp more than met their match that day shitting themselves and leaving with their tales between their legs.Their fatal mistake was to snipe a bunch of kids the Districts put out on the field in the first 2 quarters of a six quarter hitout only for Districts to then unleash some of their more formidable seasoned campaigners.Not necessary to mention names but blokes of that era will know who im talking about,to see blokes running through a carpark for the sanctuary of their cars was embarrasing.

What a load of crap !!!
I played in that match to prove it districts had 2 twins (i think) that wore runners & both killed us as i remember it parks were 6 goals up then districts stormed home to win by 3 or 4 points there were a few blues but nothing out the ordinary to say we ran to our cars is a LIE after the game we had a drink behind the glass windows i know mano was there
& as for 1 of our players being hit in the old rooms (m) hit frank zocolli our rover over the head with a fdl record weighing aprox 1 ounce as i remember frank was BOG that day & we won by 15 goals
I have plenty of respect for colts on the ground as they did for us they were great games to play in
But for some unknown reason your storys seem to change as the years go on a little fight turns into 8 blokes getting bashed 2 blokes getting knifed & 3 blokes getting shot
Try & get your lies straight before coming back on

Spot on whisty
The safest place is on the ground when you play the colts but they get young blokes coming through thinking there gangsters
Im from braybrook & the last time colts travelled down our way when dougy hawkins played you never seen so many blokes cringe & duck there heads like colts did that day they never scared us on or off the ground
BROOKERS 4 LIFE

Spot on whisty
The safest place is on the ground when you play the colts but they get young blokes coming through thinking there gangsters
Im from braybrook & the last time colts travelled down our way when dougy hawkins played you never seen so many blokes cringe & duck there heads like colts did that day they never scared us on or off the ground
BROOKERS 4 LIFE

There are a few people getting a little excited about who's tougher than who and who's done what at the end of the day there is always someone tougher than the next bloke ,and we are all here to play footy and what's the game is over what happens on the field stays on the field.
I can recall one day at braybrook i got knocked clean out from behind but we won the game and that was the main thing, and c gaylard looked after me when i got hit,not to sure who done it but it was not gaylard......but there is good and bad blokes on every team just as there is great players and average player and some are tougher than others..........but if anyone gets on here and bags people without putting a name to it is pretty weak, everyone is entitled to an opinion but let's put a name to it.....enough of that crap lets talk footy

COLT08 You are not from colts as hoath did not make the trip so he didn't play well.
A solid hit out in 38 degrees reserves won easily but seniors lost by about 4 or5 goals pardo,and rutley were good of the new blokes wittmar got through ok we had no hoath,brannan,winters,stevens,mullett,chisnal,d.jacob,perkins,murphy,cox.
Corowa were probably more match fit than us as we got off to a good start in each quarter but they finished alot better,big ground and hot conditions.

[

A solid hit out in 38 degrees reserves won easily but seniors lost by about 4 or5 goals pardo,and rutley were good of the new blokes wittmar got through ok we had no hoath,brannan,winters,stevens,mullett,chisnal,d.jacob,perkins,murphy,cox.
Corowa were probably more match fit than us as we got off to a good start in each quarter but they finished alot better,big ground and hot conditions.[/quote]

Rock,
How did Ambrose & Dave Clark go for Corowa?

Spot on whisty
BROOKERS 4 LIFE

Ali bullshit,that day you are talking about was in good faith to help Braybrook out,it was a sunday game and Dougy was laughing and joking and hardly touched the footy but that's fine because it was meant to raise some coin for your club,if you indeed are from the Brooker's,i can't believe your intial comment.

There are a few people getting a little excited about who's tougher than who and who's done what at the end of the day there is always someone tougher than the next bloke ,and we are all here to play footy and what's the game is over what happens on the field stays on the field.
I can recall one day at braybrook i got knocked clean out from behind but we won the game and that was the main thing, and c gaylard looked after me when i got hit,not to sure who done it but it was not gaylard......but there is good and bad blokes on every team just as there is great players and average player and some are tougher than others..........but if anyone gets on here and bags people without putting a name to it is pretty weak, everyone is entitled to an opinion but let's put a name to it.....enough of that crap lets talk footy

COLT08 You are not from colts as hoath did not make the trip so he didn't play well.
Corowa were probably more match fit than us as we got off to a good start in each quarter but they finished alot better,big ground and hot conditions.
what didnt jase perkins play? injured? i hope not as is one of the players from the under 18 competition of last year that has proven he can step into senoir footy and get a kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back