Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

ROCK07 said:
It was an interesting sight after the game as i watched the two boys in a.taylor and e.stevens have a chat after the game and as i got over there could hear them talk about how they are both follicle challenged and also how both impressed they are with Brent Guerra's resurgence with a thick wad of hair and that he is know both their idol. LOL

Thanks for raising this issue Rock, Noticed a stark difference between the fore mentioned colts player, seemed a little taller last week and had a "bigger do". The wind and the wide open spaces could account for the do? perhaps screw in v moulded for the height? Please elaborate.

obe1 said:
Stress less big fella, my apologies for mixing it with such an articulate heavy weight as yourself. should have realised that posting on anything less that this thread would been seen as inferior to your lofty standards. Cant compete with SANFL champ as you boast. as for wasting your time, dont bother replying and start posting some topics that interest others rather than potting others and big noting yourself.
GOLD Raza ball is in your court.

A few of the parkside boys had stayed back for a drink, and they were all fine. The players were no problem, a few supporters of theres became a bit rowdy and started some trouble, but were quickly kicked out. The party continued on for many more hours, i assure you. You know Sunshine functions, they don't stop for no-body! haha. Parkside on the field were all good as well, but there 2's were a bit dirty in patches. We had club umpires which meant they struggled to take full control of the game.

obe1 said:
Thanks for raising this issue Rock, Noticed a stark difference between the fore mentioned colts player, seemed a little taller last week and had a "bigger do". The wind and the wide open spaces could account for the do? perhaps screw in v moulded for the height? Please elaborate.
I think he had platform boots and a hairpiece on last week said it got in his eyes. ha ha

Was at port colts VS hoppers game. I must say it was a good hard game of footy in the first half. Not much in the teams the whole first half. The colts were undisiplend through the first half giving away too many 50 metre penalties which gave away 3 goals. I must say though that the umpires (particually Borg who is a disgrace) were whislte happy blowing it whenever they could and giving 50 metre penalties like they were going out of fashion.

But then in the 2nd half the colts came out to play and blew hoppers away with there run threw the midfield and they basically wanted it more. Clarke was very good up forward with matt bellingham getting heaps of the footy across half forward but just couldnt convert, good player who just knows how to get the ball. I thought massis was good through the centre. Frost was good for hoppers like he always is and tried to lift his team but they were just not classy enough to go head to head with the colts for 4 quaters of footy. This could and i think will be another big year for the colts and i think it will be because they are just to good for other sides. Parkside are the other danger and they could also go well but i think the colts are too evenly matched across the gorund for other sides.

13-CABS said:
A few of the parkside boys had stayed back for a drink, and they were all fine. The players were no problem, a few supporters of theres became a bit rowdy and started some trouble, but were quickly kicked out. The party continued on for many more hours, i assure you. You know Sunshine functions, they don't stop for no-body! haha. Parkside on the field were all good as well, but there 2's were a bit dirty in patches. We had club umpires which meant they struggled to take full control of the game.

Ladies day at sunshine is always an away game most clubs look forward too.:D :thumbsu:

WRFLfan said:
I think he had platform boots and a hairpiece on last week said it got in his eyes. ha ha

All jokes aside, has a heart as big as himself, greatest respect fo him as a man amongst men.

13-CABS said:
well i hope you guys didn't party to hard,it just might be the 5% u guys are down this week will be the difference .
Colts had a team meeting tonight and we have spoken about match ups this week and how we will knock u guys off, and it's a game we want bad, and one how we want to show our tough style of play and to let sunshine know that we go about it as good as anyone they play. At the end of the game they will know

Players we will match up stenhouse millar and acreman if we shut two of these guys down we will go along way to winning.
What are your match ups or players you will try and stop

ROCK07 said:
well i hope you guys didn't party to hard,it just might be the 5% u guys are down this week will be the difference .
Colts had a team meeting tonight and we have spoken about match ups this week and how we will knock u guys off, and it's a game we want bad, and one how we want to show our tough style of play and to let sunshine know that we go about it as good as anyone they play. At the end of the game they will know

Players we will match up stenhouse millar and acreman if we shut two of these guys down we will go along way to winning.
Do you think Clarke will kick 100 and what round do you think and who would be leading the b & f

obe1 said:
Stress less big fella, my apologies for mixing it with such an articulate heavy weight as yourself. should have realised that posting on anything less that this thread would been seen as inferior to your lofty standards. Cant compete with SANFL champ as you boast. as for wasting your time, dont bother replying and start posting some topics that interest others rather than potting others and big noting yourself.

Boasting is not what i'm about obe1, if you have kept up with this thread, I was asked what my background in footy was a couple of weeks ago and I aswered it, so people who frequent this thread would know that. As for poting others, after reading the majority of your posts, I thought that was what this thread was all about. I will reiterate to you, please stay within the division 2 thread, maybe you are a heavy weight there and people actully care what you have to say.

ROCK07 said:

Well if we listen to TOC, if we stop cooper we will be home.

Cabby would have a much better idea than me, this being the first year in the league, but looking forward to the facing the league leaders on their home turf.

Originally Posted by ROCK07
It was an interesting sight after the game as i watched the two boys in a.taylor and e.stevens have a chat after the game and as i got over there could hear them talk about how they are both follicle challenged and also how both impressed they are with Brent Guerra's resurgence with a thick wad of hair and that he is know both thei idol. LOL

theyre gotta resign to the fact that its not coming back dont they, they both look terrible and scared the little league at half time. lol

From previous years we have always focused heavily on clarke, with frosty doing a good job on him last year but hes injured this year. Not sure who'll play on him. We always like to keep Webb quiet down back, play through his opponent as he likes to run off and create. Its hard as colts are such a strong even team. Jacobs just gets it in the middle all day. We used to concentrate on Lindsay a bit as well. Prob think about McAnulty and Jullier more this year from all reports. We'll just have to wait and see. Will be interesting to see the way Colts go about it on such a small ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WRFLfan said:
Do you think Clarke will kick 100 and what round do you think and who would be leading the b & f
not to sure about clarke kicking a ton,it will depend on a few factors injury, form and weather and also with only 18 games it will be tough.Even though he is playing well enough at the moment he may not keep his form but who know's i HOPE he doe.But after speaking to him his main focus is the team winning each week and the big one in september,he also did say he would like to kick 100 before he retires.
The B&F at the colts at this stage would be julier,webb,masis ,mcnulty and brannan all fighting it out.

13-CABS said:
From previous years we have always focused heavily on clarke, with frosty doing a good job on him last year but hes injured this year. Not sure who'll play on him. We always like to keep Webb quiet down back, play through his opponent as he likes to run off and create. Its hard as colts are such a strong even team. Jacobs just gets it in the middle all day. We used to concentrate on Lindsay a bit as well. Prob think about McAnulty and Jullier more this year from all reports. We'll just have to wait and see. Will be interesting to see the way Colts go about it on such a small ground.
Yeah great review as always you know your WRFL, will be intresting to see how Colts go on small ground as they play on it every second week and have lost there once in four years so that will be intresting!!!

RAZA said:
Boasting is not what I'm about obe1, if you have kept up with this thread, I was asked what my background in footy was a couple of weeks ago and I answered it, so people who frequent this thread would know that. As for putting others, after reading the majority of your posts, I thought that was what this thread was all about. I will reiterate to you, please stay within the division 2 thread, maybe you are a heavy weight there and people actually care what you have to say.

Thanks again Razman for steering me in the right direction once again, your a true champ of the underachievers, I didn't realise one thread on the other WRFL site would mean so much to you? Maybe I have struck a nerve hey? Anyway, lets move on champ, what are your thoughts on this weeks games:p

Can anyone tell how Stacy Massis is travelling this year down at the colts. I played with him a couple of years back at the Jets. Heard alot since then but haven't seen him. It seems he is rated highly on this site. He was in and out of the Jets side when I played with him. Strengths and weaknesses?

well king i have herd a lot of good things about this boy i know he is one of the hardest workers on and off the field he is super fit very strong is a very hard tackler likes to get in and under always prepared to work for his teammates and can give them that little extra inspiration with his attack on the ball and is a leader now at the club also one of the most geniune and likeable blokes you could meet and to top it off the reason this bloke cant play cricket is cause they just dont make boxes that big massive unit down below

obe1 said:
Thanks again Razman for steering me in the right direction once again, your a true champ of the underachievers, I didn't realise one thread on the other WRFL site would mean so much to you? Maybe I have struck a nerve hey? Anyway, lets move on champ, what are your thoughts on this weeks games:p

No nerve struck champ, just enjoy a good banter. My thoughts on this weeks games.
ALBION V HOPPERS Hoppers seem to have hit a bit of a speed hump at the minute and will need a win to get back on track after a very entertaining game last week. james is the big danger but I think they will take home the points.
PARKSIDE V ALTONA Parks far to strong in a white wash.
COLTS V SUNSHINE Colts will win, very strong outfit just cant see them being beaten at home.
SPOTTY V YARAVILLE Close one here, yaraville are Spotty's bogy team I think and if spotty aren't on there game they might get rolled.
STALBANS V SEDDON St's easy.

touch of class said:
well king i have herd a lot of good things about this boy i know he is one of the hardest workers on and off the field he is super fit very strong is a very hard tackler likes to get in and under always prepared to work for his teammates and can give them that little extra inspiration with his attack on the ball and is a leader now at the club also one of the most geniune and likeable blokes you could meet and to top it off the reason this bloke cant play cricket is cause they just dont make boxes that big massive unit down below
Summed it up perfectly, l heard tell call him Dragon something about something Dragging along the ground when he is walking

Thanks for the update boys. Sounds like his doing well. A little too much information though.

Can anyone tell me about stenhouse from sunshine.
Is he a big bloke??
can he take a grab??
Has he played higher grade football elsewhere?
is he any good??

madpie said:
Can anyone tell me about stenhouse from sunshine.
Is he a big bloke??
can he take a grab??
Has he played higher grade football elsewhere?
is he any good??

Is that you rock doing some scouting for this weeks match??

Travvy43 said:
Is that you rock doing some scouting for this weeks match??
last time i say it im not madpie
i know stenhouse is from sanfl [central districts] and he is a big bloke and can play, so i dont need any help mate we research every team and have guys watching teams we play up to 3 weeks in a row before we play them.

ROCK07 said:
last time i say it im not madpie
i know stenhouse is from sanfl [central districts] and he is a big bloke and can play, so i dont need any help mate we research every team and have guys watching teams we play up to 3 weeks in a row before we play them.

there you go madpie, rock has given you some info there to consider. Stenhouse has been good for us thus far, with Millar they make a pretty dangerous twin tower combo up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back