Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

obe1 said:
Spot on Hot patato, key to all teams success is summed up in you quote, knowing your role , understanding it and then delivering whats required is what it is all about. No matter what the game plan entails or who the opposition are. Keeping things simple, good man management and a positive outlook always gets the points.
Obe 1 fill me in who Gotheroos is does he play and who for? Or are you speculating?

WRFLfan said:
They wont let it go will they Rock07 as for Gotheroos ill think about your question and get back to you as ive done it before

Why dont BRONCO 27 give a rap up he has some good veiws and seems like he knows alot about the Colts, does anyone agree?

Is Ackerman injured if so he'll find it hard following Stacy "Dragon" Masis around on his home ground where he is fercious.
Be intresting to see Mastro up against Julier(No 1 ruckman in the league)as Mastro came down to the Colts to have a run and ended taking up the Sunshine offer when told that he will be the second ruckman, before you Sunshine people jump on me im told he was offered a job with you guys as well.

A.Mastropasqua, big unit!
Runs all day and not a bad tap ruckmen, but his down fall is he can't kick, in fact he couldn't kick over a jam tin and that's been polite! Doesn't mind it hard, but can be found out around the ground, not footy smart at all. Average mark for his height. My rating on the bloke 6/10. :thumbsu:

EDFL MAN said:
Speculating. :cool:

Think he's dad was once a butcher,and he (gotheroos ) could be found running around a long way from this league.:)

There are two Lintons, one is very accountable and the other is the opposite. Winters will be taken by the accountable one, as Winters likes to run forward of the contest and is smart where he moves. Mastropasqua has been handy for us so far, doesnt mind the physical stuff but will need to be on his game from what ive heard about Jullier. Colts are a very even team, i rate them better then Hoppers on paper. Acreman is fine now, very soon we will all see the Akers of old, and when hes on he is no doubt one of the best on-ballers in the league.

13-CABS said:
There are two Lintons, one is very accountable and the other is the opposite. Winters will be taken by the accountable one, as Winters likes to run forward of the contest and is smart where he moves. Mastropasqua has been handy for us so far, doesnt mind the physical stuff but will need to be on his game from what ive heard about Jullier. Colts are a very even team, i rate them better then Hoppers on paper. Acreman is fine now, very soon we will all see the Akers of old, and when hes on he is no doubt one of the best on-ballers in the league.

winters and masis will not play this week as they are of to the greek islands and webb and taylor will be doubtful after suffering injuries last week

Gotheroos said:
Can anyone from the Colts give me a run down how McBroom is going? From all the posts I reed it's always Stevens, Clarke and Taylor. WE all know they are guns but what about anyone else. Maybe someone from the Colts can give me a run down on the whole side and all the players invidually. Only the guys that have played pretty much the whole year in the 1's.
I would also be interested in other sides as well.

g'day rooboy its true these three above always get a mention but i'll give you a rundown on the rest
TORREN BONNETT running backman with strong leap,has had a below average start to the year but is improving
FABIAN WEBB best backman in the comp sets up play with his disposal.
PAUL DEBRUYN strong centre h/back has had a bit of an up and down season but did kick 6 goals against albion expect him to play fwd from now on
MATT BURNS quick running wingman who has been steady this year and getting better
MATT MCBROOM started slowly but last 4 weeks has been our best and a real berometer 4 us,playing h/fwd ruckrover
STEVEN MCNULTY very quick h/fwd rover has had a great first year at colts and seems to fit in well
KANE COOPER h/back onballer has had a few injuries to start the year but has been awesome in patches and probably turned the game last week
BLAKE TWOOMEY had a great year while not being able to train 4 last 6weeks but has been very tough and strong in tight for us all year
BRAD JULIER has been fantastic at stoppages and around the ground very strong and adds a real presence on the ground also good skills for a big man
LEON COX the mister fix it does it at either end very brave and great overhead mark
RYAN WINTERS no where near his best realy struggling at the moment but he will get better when he returns from holiday
CHRIS BRANNAN absolute gun chf runs all day and never seen any one have better hands than this kid
hopefull that helps rooboy

13-CABS said:
13cabs I think the only way sunshine can get a win over colts if they play attacking football by not worrying at match ups just play there own game plan and stick to it. will be a big lost if all the players rock07 mention are missing from the colts I think webb and taylor are feeling the pinch in there old weary legs

WRFLfan said:
Linton plays too lose to man Winters it will be costly if you give him even 2 steps he has been marking everything, i think you will see a new plan fromthe Colts this year with such a strong spine, direct th
e best route but youll just have wait and see.

You seem to know a fair bit about the Colts ,i have seen a few of their games this year can you tell me who that little fat bloke is that is the runner for the two's .Does he play for the Lion's and is his name Noel

whats is anyones thought on playing the match of the round on a sunday so it can be watched by others in the league, i understand it may not be possible due to juniours and all but could be a revenue spinner for some of the clubs

duckduckgoose said:
whats is anyones thought on playing the match of the round on a sunday so it can be watched by others in the league, i understand it may not be possible due to juniours and all but could be a revenue spinner for some of the clubs

Not a bad idea ddg, the concept was used a few years ago, with Spotswood playing Stalbans and I think it worked well so i cant see why it wouldn't work again. i know the players didn't like it too much because they couldn't get on the snake's hiss on sat'dy night.

sunline 11 said:
Not a bad idea ddg, the concept was used a few years ago, with Spotswood playing Stalbans and I think it worked well so i cant see why it wouldn't work again. i know the players didn't like it too much because they couldn't get on the snake's hiss on sat'dy night.

what, they should have more consideration for the blokes that want to get on the fizz and watch them on sunday arvos !!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROCK07 said:
winters and masis will not play this week as they are of to the greek islands and webb and taylor will be doubtful after suffering injuries last week

will beleive these omissions when the teams run out onto the ground. Off to the Greek Islands.... just for one week??

bloods05 said:
You seem to know a fair bit about the Colts ,i have seen a few of their games this year can you tell me who that little fat bloke is that is the runner for the two's .Does he play for the Lion's and is his name Noel

Elton Stevens I think his name is!!!

ROCK07 said:

What is general consensis about this happening half way through the season? Surely there is enough time after the season for these sort of guys to be jetsetting half across the world. I'm sure the Greek Islands will be there after the season is finished.

obe1 said:
Think he's dad was once a butcher,and he (gotheroos ) could be found running around a long way from this league.:)
Nice only someone in the circle would know that info, are you in the inner sanctum

obe1 said:
Good afternoon Raza :) ,I was just wondering if you could shed some light on the "stenhouse" fella from Sunshine. It has been noted that he was recruited from the SANFL. Seeing as you hail from those parts I thought you would be the best person to ask?

I think he's last club may have been Epping? does that ring a bell?;)

Good morning obe1, I haven't been in SA for a few years champ and had never heard of Stenhouse untill hoppers played Sunshine. going on form from that game I couldn't say he is a outstanding footballer, actually he struggled.

Gotheroos said:
Elton Stevens I think his name is!!!
Gotheroos i think he isnt even playing twos hes doing the water, Sean Weir i think is the answer so where do you play, you critise everyone on here and then say you dont play and everyone else is honest about playing (most of the time). Are you a good player, whats your background and is your dad a butcher intresting?

RAZA said:
Good morning obe1, I haven't been in SA for a few years champ and had never heard of Stenhouse untill hoppers played Sunshine. going on form from that game I couldn't say he is a outstanding footballer, actually he struggled.
Thats what l like to hear good work Raza, are the Hoppers games the only ones you watch because eariler you said you dont follow anyone and it always seems that your talking about teams that Hoppers were involved with, theres no harm in just be nice to work out your alliance and be honest i know how the majority of people follow in here their pretty honest about it except for Gotheroos(and Obe1 i think he is Colts what do you think?).

Do you know of a bloke Dean Howard from West now at North from the SANFL, what do you think of him where did you play over there?

ROCK07 said:
g'day rooboy its true these three above always get a mention but i'll give you a rundown on the rest
TORREN BONNETT running backman with strong leap,has had a below average start to the year but is improving
FABIAN WEBB best backman in the comp sets up play with his disposal.
PAUL DEBRUYN strong centre h/back has had a bit of an up and down season but did kick 6 goals against albion expect him to play fwd from now on
MATT BURNS quick running wingman who has been steady this year and getting better
MATT MCBROOM started slowly but last 4 weeks has been our best and a real berometer 4 us,playing h/fwd ruckrover
STEVEN MCNULTY very quick h/fwd rover has had a great first year at colts and seems to fit in well
KANE COOPER h/back onballer has had a few injuries to start the year but has been awesome in patches and probably turned the game last week
BLAKE TWOOMEY had a great year while not being able to train 4 last 6weeks but has been very tough and strong in tight for us all year
BRAD JULIER has been fantastic at stoppages and around the ground very strong and adds a real presence on the ground also good skills for a big man
LEON COX the mister fix it does it at either end very brave and great overhead mark
RYAN WINTERS no where near his best realy struggling at the moment but he will get better when he returns from holiday
CHRIS BRANNAN absolute gun chf runs all day and never seen any one have better hands than this kid
hopefull that helps rooboy
Apart from Clarke, Taylor and Stevens there seems to be only 12 other players when l checked last there was 21 in a team and plus others injured or limited games, l know the Colts are know to be a loyal and strong unit so l would imagine the players left out would feel pretty left out can you include them in your summary or are you content with the ones you mention thank you Mr ROCK07.
Big week this week Pies V Lions

Just heard that tickets to the Ashes are impossible to get, they reckon its the most demand they have ever had for a sporting event. Id love to get tickets, it might just be bad luck but l always seem to miss out on the big sporting events(getting tickets). Can anyone give me any tips or advice? It would be appreciated thanks.

WRFLfan said:
Thats what l like to hear good work Raza, are the Hoppers games the only ones you watch because eariler you said you dont follow anyone and it always seems that your talking about teams that Hoppers were involved with, theres no harm in just be nice to work out your alliance and be honest i know how the majority of people follow in here their pretty honest about it except for Gotheroos(and Obe1 i think he is Colts what do you think?).

Do you know of a bloke Dean Howard from West now at North from the SANFL, what do you think of him where did you play over there?

I do go and watch hoppers most of the time as I live in the area and enjoy the football they play and there facilities(TAB). As I've said before I'm not conected to the club at all, apart from knowing a couple of people from around that part. So if that makes me aligned to the club, so be it. Yes i do know of Dean howard when i left he was still playing for West and playing some decent football to. he usally played in the guts and got a fair bit of it. I heard he left West because of an on field indiscretion with a team mate, not sure if that's true though.

RAZA said:
I do go and watch hoppers most of the time as I live in the area and enjoy the football they play and there facilities(TAB). As I've said before I'm not conected to the club at all, apart from knowing a couple of people from around that part. So if that makes me aligned to the club, so be it. Yes i do know of Dean howard when i left he was still playing for West and playing some decent football to. he usally played in the guts and got a fair bit of it. I heard he left West because of an on field indiscretion with a team mate, not sure if that's true though.

long time reader, first time writer

if its the same bloke and happened last year i think the the discretion may have been with an ex doggies player. am i on the right track ? was howard captain ?

RAZA said:
I think he fell out with the coach and got suspened for the last 4-6weeks so that might have been right. Top bloke played juniors with him in Queensland gun junior was playing seniors at 15, how many did he play with Adelaide?

Who did you play for over there? And do agree that Obe1 might be Colts aligned. Do you know Clicketyclixs?
Where has Mad Hoppers Fan gone??????????????

I have a question for all you WRFL fans and players, who would be leading the B&F for your club or any other clubs you have seen or know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back