Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

my mate at the colts has also told me that the feeling the boys have generated this year is one that he has never felt anywhere the genuine care they have for one another on and off the field is unbelieveable the closeness they way they are there for each other no matter what circumstances which i feel is the most important thing for success you can go out and spend any money you want on players but when your up against a group of mates who are not just a bunch of blokes who run out as a team your back is already to the wall and for my mate to say this about a club which he has only played 6 games at is just about un herd of go the colts i wish all you boys down there every success in your quest for the premiership but lets not get to carried away yet there is still a lot of football to go

touch of class said:
my mate at the colts has also told me that the feeling the boys have generated this year is one that he has never felt anywhere the genuine care they have for one another on and off the field is unbelieveable the closeness they way they are there for each other no matter what circumstances which i feel is the most important thing for success you can go out and spend any money you want on players but when your up against a group of mates who are not just a bunch of blokes who run out as a team your back is already to the wall and for my mate to say this about a club which he has only played 6 games at is just about un herd of go the colts i wish all you boys down there every success in your quest for the premiership but lets not get to carried away yet there is still a lot of football to go

Well maybe it's time you got out of there a$$ then and have a look at your own side in the DVFL, who happen to be in the relegation zone. Maybe that's why your mate jumped ship to go to the Colts (that and the money and job they gave him).

RAZA said:
Well maybe it's time you got out of there a$$ then and have a look at your own side in the DVFL, who happen to be in the relegation zone. Maybe that's why your mate jumped ship to go to the Colts (that and the money and job they gave him).

GOLD :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

The boy can play tho, give it time! Come finals thats when people/players stand up.

Sounds like a pretty good win for the Colts on the weekend, would I be right WRFLFan? Pretty ominous signs for us when we head down there this week..

Just reading from the scoreline, Colts probably should have won by more.. The scoreline probably didnt reflect the colts dominance??

Is it just me or do the Colts always kick a lot of points as well as goals in there games? I think theres been a few times this year where they might have kicked as many, if not more, points then goals. If this is the case, port could probably be blowing away teams but the innaccuracy is doing the scoreline favours to the other teams?

Interested to hear your thoughts WRFLFan..

RAZA said:
Frost, Venner , Puli , Leatch , Phipps and Carson brothers. All these names you mention all live localy (within 5 km)and all have a tie to the club, be it friends or family. Money is in the game now and can't be helped, every club has blokes running around for a few dollars. I can tell you there are a few blokes on that list above that are playing at Hoppers for less money this year, than they were receiving last year, at other clubs. they have just gone to a club to play with there mates and hope to gain a little bit of success on the way. I would suggest OBE1 that you have been ill informed (your humble opinion, my a$$).

Move on buddy ,we can argue our vastly different views all year.

PS - its good to see you and your mate Phipps have have got over your last game, clarky did well didn't he?

Good luck next week:D

RAZA said:

Sounds like sour grapes Raza, I have heard you had a chance to go to Colts and chose the money and Hoppers instead!! Get over your loss and stop potting others.

raza you are an elma fude wake up to yourself when your best mate goes somewhere you stick by him and if you think he went for the money your wrong if you think they got him a job your wrong he dont work the reason he is there is for a favour to a good mate and now president of port colts so if you have any querries ask him about it and as for bringing up a r s e s you boys at hoppers were chasing bum all day and as for northcote park we wont be relegated and the record we have speaks for itself by the way have you ever played with blokes like peter dean barry mitchell david strooper damien yze david kernahan do i have to name anymore

obe1 said:
Sounds like sour grapes Raza, I have heard you had a chance to go to Colts and chose the money and Hoppers instead!! Get over your loss and stop potting others.

I don't know who you think I am, as I haven't played footy for a few years. Therefor Choosing the money over the Colts is absurd. The only time I ever chose the money was when I went to the SANFL and that was an offer I couldn't refuse. As for potting others obe1, you are kidding yourself, maybe you need to stick to the division 2 thread and stay out of the thread everyone actually cares about and stop clogging my airways with your junk.

footylover as you know everything comes at a price and that is a well paid job that he is still waiting for but has been reassured that its not far away and yeah it is a favour and not a big one either as the boy loves the place is on a 3 year contract which we at northcote park are spewing on but he played senior footy on and off for 10 years with us so he served the club well and he felt it was time for a change and he couldnt be happier with his new club

FootyLover06 said:
Well you would also know bad kicking is bad football. Just saying next time around could be different. Throw Clonan down back Carson in the guts theres 20 plus possesions and Puli in the ruck to release Venner. Also big Borlase running around in the twos as he is back from overseas so you may see him be thrown into the fray in the coming weeks.

Yeah i can understand Clonan, Carson and Puli. But Borlase u have got to be kidding. So they r gunna play Venner, Puli, #15 and the Draught horse i reckon the Colts, Spotty or any finals contender would be happy with that.

FootyLover06 said:
Rock07 you seem to be a bit too confident for my liking i really cant wait for you guys to fall over it may have been a different story if you had Clonan to contend with
Well mate where do i say that no won can beat us?or that we have it in the bag?.Nowhere because im not silly we are only 7 games in and we have been in this position the last 3 years and only won the one flag so i know there is along way to go.Also the year we lost to hoppers by a goal we actualy beat them earlier in the year by 10 goals 13 behinds and then didn't beat them again so please mate i know what's required.
Yes clonan was out and also they had a couple of others out but we also had a few out but that means nothing at this stage,and if we do fall over so be it i know that hoppers and parkside are quality sides and a few other teams and i always make sure we are well prepared to take them on,so if we do win the flag or loose it for that matter come reveal yourself to me at the end until then pull ur head in

FootyLover06 said:
Well you would also know bad kicking is bad football. Just saying next time around could be different. Throw Clonan down back Carson in the guts theres 20 plus possesions and Puli in the ruck to release Venner. Also big Borlase running around in the twos as he is back from overseas so you may see him be thrown into the fray in the coming weeks.

FOOTYLOVER06, you have got to be kidding, Borelace to come back. I saw him in the two's on the weekend and he couldn't even brake out of a brisk walk, can't see him in the seniors this year, especially if Puli and Venner are fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROCK07 said:
Now to my tips this week and a perfect score.The kangas must be dissapointed to not have taken advantage of parkside without savalas and also they were of to a good start maybe they can knock of the colts this week but it will be a tough one,as they got over hoppers comfortably and are in good form and very confident.
Albion continue there topsy turvy year with a crushing win over yarra and the big unit james go 14,if only they could get it all to click in big games,they certainly have all the talent to do it and get a chance this week against hoppers.
Altona won the battle of the wooden spoon and look set to stay in A grade well done to the vikings.
Last game saw spotty get up in a good battle against st.albans which see them get a spot in the top 5.
But finaly clarkes prediction that he would have big game come true so you cant knock a bloke that puts himself out there so people can bag him if he fails.
Choc Mundine

wobbler said:
I hear there is a bloke playing at Yarraville who calls himself the B Train. I think his name is Brendan McEvoy, does anyone know of him
Maybe YOU

FootyLover06 said:
Bad kicking is bad footy i bet the person who said that wasnt involed in a win against a side that has been flogging sides and was premiership fav and was going on about how this was the best side in 30 years on their home ground in finals atmosphere.As far as Borlase he is a ******* and wont get a game with Puli and Venner up and running(anwser me this, where do you play him?) and Clonan is a great player but nothing is going to stop quick hard leading forward when the ball is delivered nicely he might make a difference when its in the air at times maybe but if you watched the game you would see Clarkes strenghts and they are Clonans, Taylors and Phipps weakness so unless you recruit a star backman you might have to wait a while and he loves playing at the Whitten Oval(Danger Danger) as for Carson he will make more of a difference and Julier will BATH Puli like he bathed Venner. Good luck anyways, cheers!

ROCK07 said:
wrflfan just wondering if you have team in the supercoach comp and how dit it fair?
Its a stupid comp that im a loyal WRFL follower. With the Western Magpies my favs

Rock07, You seem to be the man in this thread. Can u give me any info on the Ben Kelly Playing at Spotswood this year??? Would just like to know if it's an old mate or not.

ROCK07 said:
It was an interesting sight after the game as i watched the two boys in a.taylor and e.stevens have a chat after the game and as i got over there could hear them talk about how they are both follicle challenged and also how both impressed they are with Brent Guerra's resurgence with a thick wad of hair and that he is know both thei idol. LOL

Hahaha nice one ROCK07...

Saw the Colts v Hoppers game and I must say I was very impressed, at first I thought the big ground might trouble the Colts boys but I was quite surprised at their level of fitness and their ability to Link up through the Midfield/Backline and deliver to an intimidating Forwardline.
Full credit to Hoppers being able to stay with them basically the whole game, Their delivery to their forwards is remarkable and they challenged a usually rock solid Colts Backline but the 3rd quarter cost them dearly, all in all I thought they were just outplayed and the scoreboard was generous...I must say I rate alot of players highly from the Colts, I don't think they have the disapline and game plan Hoppers have but their footy talent is crazy.
Good luck to all the boys playing this week.

RAZA said:
I don't know who you think I am, as I haven't played footy for a few years. Therefor Choosing the money over the Colts is absurd. The only time I ever chose the money was when I went to the SANFL and that was an offer I couldn't refuse. As for potting others obe1, you are kidding yourself, maybe you need to stick to the division 2 thread and stay out of the thread everyone actually cares about and stop clogging my airways with your junk.

Stress less big fella, my apologies for mixing it with such an articulate heavy weight as yourself. should have realised that posting on anything less that this thread would been seen as inferior to your lofty standards. Cant compete with SANFL champ as you boast. as for wasting your time, dont bother replying and start posting some topics that interest others rather than potting others and big noting yourself.

blackbeard said:
Rock07, You seem to be the man in this thread. Can u give me any info on the Ben Kelly Playing at Spotswood this year??? Would just like to know if it's an old mate or not.
Mate i actually dont know Ben kelly but he did play at williamstown a few years ago and i think he is from gippsland way

Ben Kelly did come from Williamstown, left there about 3 years ago to play at Tullamarine or another EDFL 2nd division team.
Im happy to admit i was way off the mark with my prediction that the big ground wouldnt suit the Colts, heard they ran all over them. Clearly now are flag favourites. 2 games clear on top not even half way through the year... Cant count Hoppers out though, quality side when fit and firing.
Sunshine vs Parkside was a dissapointment for the Kangas, we really had them on the ropes at half time then we put in a horrible 3rd quarter. Couple of lucky snaps just helped there momentum. Hopefully soon we will actually put 4 quarters together. Will be a great test this weekend to see where we are at compared to the benchmark of the competition. Have played some decent footy against Colts at Murphy Reserve in the past few years, but havent managed a win there in a long time.

13-CABS said:
Ben Kelly did come from Williamstown, left there about 3 years ago to play at Tullamarine or another EDFL 2nd division team.
Im happy to admit i was way off the mark with my prediction that the big ground wouldnt suit the Colts, heard they ran all over them. Clearly now are flag favourites. 2 games clear on top not even half way through the year... Cant count Hoppers out though, quality side when fit and firing.
Sunshine vs Parkside was a dissapointment for the Kangas, we really had them on the ropes at half time then we put in a horrible 3rd quarter. Couple of lucky snaps just helped there momentum. Hopefully soon we will actually put 4 quarters together. Will be a great test this weekend to see where we are at compared to the benchmark of the competition. Have played some decent footy against Colts at Murphy Reserve in the past few years, but havent managed a win there in a long time.

13CABS and TRAVY43 boys now i know we spoke about you guys and the intimidation factor with parkside on the ground but tell me what happened after the game.I di hear that the few parkside boys had a bit of a fight with some of your boys and cleaned the place out,just wondering your views on the events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back