Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

agreed, disgraceful effort. maybe stems from the fact he copped it from our crowd when he went down and carried on like an idiot. he actually instigated the whole thing, by coming over to shan after he gave away a 50. yeh rock he played a game last year actually, in the 2s. never actually spoke to him, so dunno what sort of bloke he is, but this speaks for itself. no matter what happens there is just an unwritten rule, and the WRFL knows this and always gets stuck in to witnesses every time.
How many of you guys are self employed? Married with young kids? Have income protection insurance? How many expect to go out and play a game of football without worrying about some clown trying to knock your head off and not concentrating on the ball?

The preceding comments that vilify the injured party, whilst protecting the guilty, leave me very sad. Three weeks Carrol got, should have got more! Check out his history, has a reputation to overcome. Very lucky not to face civil action over a behind the play incident a few years back.

If the majority of players support the comments from Rock, Cabs etc, then there is a culture and attitude problem in the WRFL.

Totally agree in trying to protect a player as a result of an accidental contact, but no time for players that intentionally set out to damage other unsuspecting players.

Totally agree in trying to protect a player as a result of an accidental contact, but no time for players that intentionally set out to damage other unsuspecting players.[/quote]

Your rite there deefer4,if a player sets out to deliberately injure a player that is going for the ball or behind play,it's definately not good for the game or for the ball players we have.All players deserve to be protected but if it's a bit of a scuffle with a few punches thrown and that don't cause any inuries,i believe players should be looking after each other.
Also if a player has a reputation then the tribrunal will look down upon that and i suppose has to be harsh with the sentence.
I understand your point but also i don't believe players should be lagging on other players.

Never at any stage did Shan go out to injure another player. He gave away a 50, and was running backwards to be on the mark when Harb came running over and instigated it with an attempted bump from behind. So to say he WENT OUT to DAMAGE an UNSUSPECTING player is a complete joke. I was a metre away when it happened, and if it was so bad how come not one player from Yarraville remonstrated or laid a finger on him? The umpire even said it was only worth another 50, and said this at the tribunal. Ive been on the end of a lot worse and have never seen a report. Still believe, no matter what happens, you just dont do that at the tribunal. Happened once in the AFL with Wayne Campbell and look at the reputation he had afterwards.

There is also some noise from a coach from yarraville on saturday night that Harb had already sustained that injury the week before, which is an interesting comment

Shannon Carroll went up at the tribunal tonight, and copped 3 weeks for elbowing. Definently didnt deserve that, even the umpire said he would be right after the game... doesnt help when Hanni Harb, the guy he tangled with, doesnt front but sends a letter saying he is in hospital with a broken cheekbone. Very interesting, may have broken the players code? any thoughts? id actually be suprised if he had anything wrong with him at all, continued playing for the rest of the game.

how did fab. webb go at tribunal last night ?

yeah i think the players code of conduct has gone out the window a little bit in recent years when one of our players a few weeks ago got done for 3 weeks for fending off and the other guy crucified him

yeah i think the players code of conduct has gone out the window a little bit in recent years when one of our players a few weeks ago got done for 3 weeks for fending off and the other guy crucified him

The Coburg player you are referring to is Jay Altinors number 36. Said the Heights player got the ball spun out of a pack saw him charged 5 metres straight at him and wacked him with a forearm. What a load of crap. 100 % a fend off as he was about to be tackled. With that type of character it is easy to see why they can't win a game.

Shannon Carroll went up at the tribunal tonight, and copped 3 weeks for elbowing. Definently didnt deserve that, even the umpire said he would be right after the game... doesnt help when Hanni Harb, the guy he tangled with, doesnt front but sends a letter saying he is in hospital with a broken cheekbone. Very interesting, may have broken the players code? any thoughts? id actually be suprised if he had anything wrong with him at all, continued playing for the rest of the game.

HI Cabs and as you already know I live in and follow, not support but follow the WRFL and sunshine and yarra.
I completely disagree with your comments and I respect you as aplayer but read on and hear out my comments.
Was at the game on the weekend and was standing near the sunshine bench.
The incident you are referring to happening on the outer wing in front of the sunshine bench.
A 50m was given for a late bump by Carrol and he deserved it. Hope you agree.
Whilst he was running with the umpire to the mark (down the outer wing) Harb did not bump into him or anything of the sort. Carrol was jogging towards him next to the umpire and Harb said some words as many players do when an opposition gives away a 50m. (All players know this)
Carrol did not change his line and kept on runing at him and landed an elbow smack on Harbs cheek. To make matters worse he did it when the ball was dead and in clear view of the umpire.
The game was over with sunshine 80 pts up to make matters even more worse.
Now onto this unwritten rule... Give 1 reason why Carrol should not have got rubbed out. Contact was intentional, high, off the ball.
These are reasons along to get rubbed out. If anything I belive after seeing the incident he should have copped more.
This was one of the reasons the FDFL now WRFL had such a bad reputation years ago. It is being cleaned up but to sit here and say there is an unwritten rule is a joke. He did it so he should own up to it.
Surely there is no one on this site who will disagree with that.
For the record Harb did play the rest of the game but I believe was in discomfort after the game. (not sure on severity)
If a player runs their own business or works some type of job they can not afford to miss does Shannon Carrol or anyone else think twice about it. No. If you or someone else goes to university or works part time then grat for your unwritten rule but now a days im sorry but this unwritten rule to an extent does not apply in most leagues.
Hopefully in the future the tribunal will continue to set the precedents.

Sorry cabs you put some interesting posts on here but this one I had to disagree w you.

Very ordinary just to out right lag the bloke,if i were you guys i'd be appealing and making sure harb brings proof he has these injuries,also could have been an accident.
Did harb play for sunshine at all????
Makes your job to knock off hoppers a tough one,i think i will be expecting hoppers to win this and then you guys have spotty,some tough games ahead.

He played after seddon went dead last year.
Read on my earlier post to get the full story from an unbiased spectator.
Cabs a little off the mark on this one

Can understand your points chest. We are all entitled to our opinion. Another point to consider was the umpire in charge thought it just warranted a 50, then reported Carroll later because the other umpire said to.
Your points about missing work and so on are valid, and i can understand where you are coming from. Personally I would never dob a bloke in, no matter the circumstance and im sure many others feel the same. Of course there would be a few who share ur views and thats fine.
Good to hear ur views as a neutral supporters, you seem to know ur footy.

Can understand your points chest. We are all entitled to our opinion. Another point to consider was the umpire in charge thought it just warranted a 50, then reported Carroll later because the other umpire said to.
Your points about missing work and so on are valid, and i can understand where you are coming from. Personally I would never dob a bloke in, no matter the circumstance and im sure many others feel the same. Of course there would be a few who share ur views and thats fine.
Good to hear ur views as a neutral supporters, you seem to know ur footy.
Your right different views and opinions and we are all entitled to them so all good there.
Last point on this topic and then will move on. I just wonder if you were hypertheticially to be king hit by someone and missed a lot of footy this would mentally effect you as well as physicially.
At the tribunal do you:
a) say not much happened.
b) tell the truth.

Food for thought...
This week a big few games with the Hoppers v Sunshine to be a ripper as well as Colts V Spotty....
Not sure where to take the car and dogs this weekend.....

Your right different views and opinions and we are all entitled to them so all good there.
Last point on this topic and then will move on. I just wonder if you were hypertheticially to be king hit by someone and missed a lot of footy this would mentally effect you as well as physicially.
At the tribunal do you:
b) tell the truth.

Food for thought...
This week a big few games with the Hoppers v Sunshine to be a ripper as well as Colts V Spotty....
Not sure where to take the car and dogs this weekend.....

Both will be great games but I guess for the hype it will recieve, hard to go past our game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the tribunal do you:
b) tell the truth.

Agree 100% with the pionts mentioned in relation to unsavory acts on or off the footy field. The game has come along way in recent years in this area. As for the tribunal , anyone silly enough to have to front them this year,will in most cases be harshly dealt with. This goes back to umpires dictating terms again. ( If they go to the trouble to report,they feel they should be supported 120% ) And in some cases I guess this is valid. The tribunal is becoming more and more technical in all areas. The days of a backyard advocate are all but gone. They make it perfectly clear to all parties that if the truth is to be tampered with, the guilty party will incur a week or three.

As for the victim ( not Carroll ) in this case, I for one reckon he copped his right whack, he has given out plenty of cheap shots in the past and although it is regretable it happened on the footy feild, the dog deserves everything he got.

The Coburg player you are referring to is Jay Altinors number 36. Said the Heights player got the ball spun out of a pack saw him charged 5 metres straight at him and wacked him with a forearm. What a load of crap. 100 % a fend off as he was about to be tackled. With that type of character it is easy to see why they can't win a game.

Skilts you should advise Matthew Caruana a fend off does not involve an elbow to the face resulting in a busted nose, couple of black eyes and some time off work Monday - as the umpire noted on the report sheet it was for striking with the ELBOW to the face.

At the tribunal do you:
b) tell the truth.

Agree 100% with the pionts mentioned in relation to unsavory acts on or off the footy field. The game has come along way in recent years in this area. As for the tribunal , anyone silly enough to have to front them this year,will in most cases be harshly dealt with. This goes back to umpires dictating terms again. ( If they go to the trouble to report,they feel they should be supported 120% ) And in some cases I guess this is valid. The tribunal is becoming more and more technical in all areas. The days of a backyard advocate are all but gone. They make it perfectly clear to all parties that if the truth is to be tampered with, the guilty party will incur a week or three.

As for the victim ( not Carroll ) in this case, I for one reckon he copped his right whack, he has given out plenty of cheap shots in the past and although it is regretable it happened on the footy feild, the dog deserves everything he got.
thats harsh wishing that on sumone

Skilts you should advise Matthew Caruana a fend off does not involve an elbow to the face resulting in a busted nose, couple of black eyes and some time off work Monday - as the umpire noted on the report sheet it was for striking with the ELBOW to the face.

I had a good view of the incident. He smothered a ball whilst running and it happened to stay in his hands, sprinted, spun out of a pack at full tilt, off balance saw Altinors put his bent arm up to fend off and struck his nose. Reckless perhaps maybe a week or two. Your players evidence that Matt saw him from 5 metres charged straight at him and elbowed him is rubbish. If that were the case how does a guy 5ft 2 elbow a lot taller opponent in the nose. The truth is your player was bent coming in for a tackle and Matt fended off.

Don't be quoting the umpire, because the umpires evidence had the Coburg player with the ball in his hands. Fair mistake. Should have been thrown out there and then but the kangaroo court that is the WRFL heard 3 versions and went with the one with his nose smashed over his face.

Sounds like a bit of reverse karma. he got the smashed face for lying before he actually lied. Bet Jay is looking forward to next time we meet though. Only Monday off work may seem like a dream.

I think the colts will stop spottys run, but they will not do it easy.
hoppers are a far better side than sunshine, and hoppers look to be getting stronger every week. albion should get a good win under there belt. and so should st albans, but this is a danger game for them. and altona will make it two in a row..
the spotty colts game will be a cracker, the 2 best sides in the comp.

Both will be great games but I guess for the hype it will recieve, hard to go past our game.

blah blah blah................get over it boys massive games on in the 1st division..........as well as 2nd division........should be a weekend of hard at the footy style games with a bit of wet weather to make it even more interesting??????wrfl back to its best...........

At the tribunal do you:
b) tell the truth.

A little harsh the last 2 lines. Irrespective of a players past come on obe...
Anyway lets get onto this week in footy and what do people on here think of getting the footy show back on channel 31......

A little harsh the last 2 lines. Irrespective of a players past come on obe...
Anyway lets get onto this week in footy and what do people on here think of getting the footy show back on channel 31......

it would be nice to have the show back but it needs a sponsor to get get it going i think, maybe the wrfl could hit there pocket but i doubt it...:thumbsdown:

it would also be nice to have a footy record just like all the other league's do but it aint going to happen either:thumbsdown:

agreed TD worthy of a free kick and a week at most it was totally in the play with Mat trying to fend off out of a tackle it was reckless yes but the frustrating thing is when players tell a different story to what happened, to legitimatly dob somebody in.

if a player delibratly causes injury they should be rubbed out however within the game its a little harsh in my book

it would be nice to have the show back but it needs a sponsor to get get it going i think, maybe the wrfl could hit there pocket but i doubt it...:thumbsdown:

it would also be nice to have a footy record just like all the other league's do but it aint going to happen either:thumbsdown:

i agree cougar a footy record like a few years back would be great

i agree cougar a footy record like a few years back would be great

Problem is these things are hard for the clubs to sell and they end up giving them away. The league charges the clubs $100 a week and thats $1700 for the year that clubs can't/don't want to spend.

Problem is these things are hard for the clubs to sell and they end up giving them away. The league charges the clubs $100 a week and thats $1700 for the year that clubs can't/don't want to spend.

the wrfl should cover the costs imo, clubs should get something out of the 20 to 30k in fees we pay each year:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back