Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Hanni staying coaching the reserves so he is telling people.

Chandler more than individual absolute CAT. Can get the ball, falls down as a human being!![/quote]

That call is a bit steep. Chandler is an extremely talented footballer, but he just lacks a mature mind. When he is switched on he is a machine, but he gets distracted way too easily. He's young, and hopefully when he ages his football will as well.

Have to agree, i have known him since he was 16 and even after 5 years where he should be maturing he has gone backwards. has a lot to learn. Would not know a hard ball if it bit him!

Have to agree, i have known him since he was 16 and even after 5 years where he should be maturing he has gone backwards. has a lot to learn. Would not know a hard ball if it bit him!
Big call. Chandler is a very talented footballer who along with a few others was one of the goers for yarra last year.
Have only heard that a few are leaving but like I said not 100% sure. McClusky will have a hard job trying to keep a few players who were disilusioned by keogh and innella. The committee are trying to raise revenue but the hard thing is going to be attrating a few players.
Time will only tell but greatestgame to answer a few questions there have not been many at training the past few nights and yes was going to play elsewhere last year but stayed. Will see how things go early.
Sikly you hit the nail on the head, McClusky has a hard job ahead of him but has a lot of respect from other people around the league and usualy your peers are the best judge of character.
I am pretty sure the non-mullet Jackle will be at yarra but apart form that cant tell you must.
Robbie Mentha at sunshine will be a good pick up and cabs what are the chances of x linton pulling the boots back on.... you guys need a few forwards

Yeah Chandler is a talented footballer, certainly gave a fair bit of drive into Yarra's forward line with his penetrating kick, will be a fair loss but more easier to cover then big key position players that Yarra need.

Jackal would be a handy replacement if he does come down, but I think he may be trying out at Werribee with a chance to make it.

So chest are you actually participating in the training at Yarra or just observing. How is the cricket going?

So at this stage can guys from the respectable clubs confirm or deny the players that have been thrown around the last couple of weeks as certain starters?? those at training and in the know would be best to respond.

Looking for info on the mid to top sides, has Albion signed all the blokes been talked about, have they been at training?? has Hoppers got the blokes they where mentioning?? who has left Colts for sure?? recruits for Spotty??

Get it rolling boys.

Heard from a guy at work that Altona had about 80 at training last night. Have got a lot of juniors running around but it is good to see that they are getting huge numbers before Christmas. Maybe theymight get a few more wins under their belts next year.

Heard from a guy at work that Altona had about 80 at training last night. Have got a lot of juniors running around but it is good to see that they are getting huge numbers before Christmas. Maybe theymight get a few more wins under their belts next year.

If you are a plumber or in that industry, I reckon I know who you were talking to. If not, no big deal. The night in question there were 50 present, with 40 of those senior footballers. The other 10 were made up of U16 and U18 players. I agree though, great signs for before Christmas !

Altona have 80-90 different faces. 50-60 being seniors. 10 - 20 under 18's and 10 or so under 16's. Probably 10 - 15 new faces and a few old under 18 boys returning from two years ago. Biggest positive haven't really lost anyone to other clubs which shows blokes are happy with how things are going with the club. Still a long long way for club to go if we are to be competitive with top teams.

Beazer I am your father, come with me to the ballarat league and together we will rule the comp

HAHAHA!!!

On Altona, Their junior program is very,very good. Their senior program is very, very ordinary. It's now time for those junior players to step up and become men. Eighty players at training is a great result, but how many quality, decent players are there?

Here's hoping all the pre season hype doesn't turn into in season disappointment for the Vikings.

HAHAHA!!!

On Altona, Their junior program is very,very good. Their senior program is very, very ordinary. It's now time for those junior players to step up and become men. Eighty players at training is a great result, but how many quality, decent players are there?

Here's hoping all the pre season hype doesn't turn into in season disappointment for the Vikings.

What I here/read in the past senior program has been ordinary, but from a second year players view (who has been at a club in a very similar position and come out of it), the signs are good at the current time. There is some quality decent players there but I think its about the club building a culture around it's juniors so that the kids who play juniors want to stay around. Wouldn't call it preseason hype by the way, just good numbers before christmas, which shows that their is good support for the coach and club as a whole. Hopefully the numbers/recruits will help recruit more down to the club as most players love being a part of a clubs turn around. Being a big suburb, I will agree that we should be in the top 5 or 6.

[/i]

What I here/read in the past senior program has been ordinary, but from a second year players view (who has been at a club in a very similar position and come out of it), the signs are good at the current time. There is some quality decent players there but I think its about the club building a culture around it's juniors so that the kids who play juniors want to stay around. Wouldn't call it preseason hype by the way, just good numbers before christmas, which shows that their is good support for the coach and club as a whole. Hopefully the numbers/recruits will help recruit more down to the club as most players love being a part of a clubs turn around. Being a big suburb, I will agree that we should be in the top 5 or 6.

Just want to add, the club isn't pinning all its hopes with the juniors as some have mentioned in the past. It just knows its the one area they needed to improve in most.

Just want to add, the club isn't pinning all its hopes with the juniors as some have mentioned in the past. It just knows its the one area they needed to improve in most.

Correct. The club knows that there are a strong group of kids coming through, and that these kids will in the future form the foundations of a good side. Clubs in our position can only take small steps. Things won't happen over night, but with the atmosphere around the club at the moment, I am confident that things will turn full circle sooner rather then later.

Hanni staying coaching the reserves so he is telling people.

Chandler more than individual absolute CAT. Can get the ball, falls down as a human being!![/quote]

That call is a bit steep. Chandler is an extremely talented footballer, but he just lacks a mature mind. When he is switched on he is a machine, but he gets distracted way too easily. He's young, and hopefully when he ages his football will as well.
has dean signed anywhere as yet? if anyone knows his phone or mobile no
i would like to contact him pm me if can help

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres some news, I knew he was talking to them but did not know he had signed. Was told the other night at Yarra that he was unsure and waiting until after christmas... Is news.
Corey Thomas and Clint Foreman signed at Glenorden also or still in negotiations...

Glenorden showed signs toward the end of the season that they can be competitive in First Div. Glenn McGaw coaching them will give them a good boost. Commo did a sensational job with the list he had. Good to see Glenorden trying to recruit as it will need to be done to match Spotty, Port, Hoppers and Sunshine.

Yeah Chandler is a talented footballer, certainly gave a fair bit of drive into Yarra's forward line with his penetrating kick, will be a fair loss but more easier to cover then big key position players that Yarra need.

Jackal would be a handy replacement if he does come down, but I think he may be trying out at Werribee with a chance to make it.

So chest are you actually participating in the training at Yarra or just observing. How is the cricket going?
Cricket sucks, am over it but a little something to do. Have had a run but not been great attendance at training and watched a few. Things looking bleak at the moment with low numbers. I wonder if it just us as it sounds like other clubs are getting big numbers. Saw North Foots the other night and they had about 30 odd at training, was talk of lushy coming back the other night but not sure.

Dean Chandler - No how to burn people

Well said and i'm not talking about the footy field but in life. Burnt Spotty, .Seddon, Altona, Yarraville What are the chances he burns Glenorden.
Has a major habbit of leaving a bad taste in peoples mouths. enough said abouts a pea brain like him.

Good to see Altona's numbers are good, they do traditionally have good numbers at preseason though always have. There is a good positive vibe down there at the moment, lets hope it builds some on field momentum.

Cricket sucks, am over it but a little something to do. Have had a run but not been great attendance at training and watched a few. Things looking bleak at the moment with low numbers. I wonder if it just us as it sounds like other clubs are getting big numbers. Saw North Foots the other night and they had about 30 odd at training, was talk of lushy coming back the other night but not sure.

Absolutely no chance. Club has promised the earth before and not delivered. Once bitten twice shy.

dean chandler would destroy any of you blokes. stop writing crap on here and go and do something to improve your footy coz u probly need it..like maybe go for a run..

dean chandler would destroy any of you blokes. stop writing crap on here and go and do something to improve your footy coz u probly need it..like maybe go for a run..

Dean is a coward on and off the field, with a mouth that runs before his brain even begins, history shows he has burnt people and clubs, he is not well liked in many circles. So before you run your mouth off saying he would destroy us all, have a long think about the person you are defending!

Glenorden showed signs toward the end of the season that they can be competitive in First Div. Glenn McGaw coaching them will give them a good boost. Commo did a sensational job with the list he had. Good to see Glenorden trying to recruit as it will need to be done to match Spotty, Port, Hoppers and Sunshine.

Is this bagging out clubs and being negative chest???? I would say this is constructive.

Dean is a coward on and off the field, with a mouth that runs before his brain even begins, history shows he has burnt people and clubs, he is not well liked in many circles. So before you run your mouth off saying he would destroy us all, have a long think about the person you are defending!

I have been catching up on the posts of recent times and have noticed a hell of a lot of chat about Yarra. Jesus are you peoples lifes so sad that you need to constantly talk about a side that finished second last in 07?? Dean Chandler is a very good player and is considering an offer from Glenorden. As for Corey and Clint they have spoken to other clubs but none of the 3 mentioned have signed anywhere. Chinese whispers are everywhere. North Footscray did have a few on the track but there were mostly very young or very old!!

As for Rob, he is a passionate guy and should be given a chance to show his wares. For all of the clowns that post on here from Yarra, get your arses off big footy and get to training and give the bloke a shot. You may be surprised.

Internal workings of any footy club should not be aired in a public forum like this. It's easy to pot from the sidelines but unless you have a crack don't spruik. It's any wonder Yarra have struggled in the past with these types of people associated with it. Don't throw off and pot your own club, show some courage and get on the track. The club will move forward without the internal bitching. Talk is cheap. Want a clearance? Front up and ask for one face to face, like men!! One last thing 28 players are still contracted from last year so movements from Yarra WILL BE MINIMAL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back