Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought this to the attention of an Albion supporter and he said of the Semi Final team last year ten of the 22 played there juniors at Albion.

that may be the case last year, but id imagine the team would look a lot different this year. at least 4 new guys from within the league who are each worth 4 points.

Brought this to the attention of an Albion supporter and he said of the Semi Final team last year ten of the 22 played there juniors at Albion.

from what i believe a few players have been at the club for many years/juniors.

matty/brent/leeroy davis. chris hall. blake richards just to name a few. ALL 1 POINT
this year a few additions have come a few from parkside and yarriville wrfl players would be worth 2, not 4??

from what i believe a few players have been at the club for many years/juniors.

matty/brent/leeroy davis. chris hall. blake richards just to name a few. ALL 1 POINT
this year a few additions have come a few from parkside and yarriville wrfl players would be worth 2, not 4??

They would actually be worth 5. players from the same league are worth 5, unless they are from a lower division. This is to ensure the top teams dont go taking the best players out of the lower leagues. We have Morgz, Thorny and Nugget Foley on 5 points each, so that would be the case with at least 4 of those recruits.

The system is designed to reduce the number of middle rung clubs, poaching players from the cellar dwellars to top up their list, and entice clubs to seek players from outside the league. By doing this the overall strength of the league will improve as better players are brought into it.
It also gives benefit to teams who promote junior development and works at retaining the playing list from year to year.
From what i have seen in the league, there are some clubs who have managed to maintain their list over several years and have reaped the success of this, and as such should be rewarded.
The system can only work if every team plays atleast from u'16 up.
There will still be teams that will struggle, with injuries, retirements and poor years in junior development, but it will mean that most likely every team may struggle over time, because they won't be able to just go out and buy the best team they can afford, instead they will have to play locals and juniors.
It rewards loyalty.
And just a side note, it has been implemented to some extent in the NBL for the last couple of years

This system has merit, but you will find teams in growth areas would have huge advantages over clubs in older areas were the numbers are a lot smaller. sometimes a clubs poor junior program is becouse they just dont have any kids in the area.
and the next problem we will see is clubs recruiting kids from other clubs to get them eligable under points cap.

It was all complementary, spoke in glowing terms of all things "hoppers".

Modesty is his middle name ( as you know ) so there wasn't a mention of himself in the discussion. One thing that impressed me however was his ability to hold four cans of beer, continuly drinking out of one and not spilling a drop. Very talented:thumbsu:
Obe just as a matter of intrest how is young J.Perkins travelling at the moment.Has he played seniors yet and if not is he far off ?

Obe just as a matter of intrest how is young J.Perkins travelling at the moment.Has he played seniors yet and if not is he far off ?

He is going very well,at 19 still has alot to learn but will be a star in this comp with in 2 years, will be in the seniors this week for his second game of the year and 4th overall.

This system has merit, but you will find teams in growth areas would have huge advantages over clubs in older areas were the numbers are a lot smaller. sometimes a clubs poor junior program is becouse they just dont have any kids in the area.
and the next problem we will see is clubs recruiting kids from other clubs to get them eligable under points cap.
ok if you get kid comming out of under 18's from a club that does not have a senior team in the WRFL,is that kid still worth 5 points?

that may be the case last year, but id imagine the team would look a lot different this year. at least 4 new guys from within the league who are each worth 4 points.
That was my point, but named three home grown kids that have played every game this year who played twos most of last year.

They would actually be worth 5. players from the same league are worth 5, unless they are from a lower division. This is to ensure the top teams dont go taking the best players out of the lower leagues. We have Morgz, Thorny and Nugget Foley on 5 points each, so that would be the case with at least 4 of those recruits.

Nugget Foley surely isn't playing ones? If so is that just to keep his brother happy and father who is on the match committee?:thumbsdown: :eek::thumbsdown:

It seems a good system in the more affluent leagues, the colts side's average points under this system to date is 31.

st albans points from last week would have been 23 average for year 26
(includes 17 1 pointers)

He is going very well,at 19 still has alot to learn but will be a star in this comp with in 2 years, will be in the seniors this week for his second game of the year and 4th overall.

This kid is gonna be a star i reckon. Played against us in round 1 and while he wasnt outstanding he did some things which just got ur attention. I played on him in the last quarter and he moves well for a big bloke, and has got really strong hands. Could be a few years ahead of us containing him and Brannan.

ok if you get kid comming out of under 18's from a club that does not have a senior team in the WRFL,is that kid still worth 5 points?

That is where the system becomes interesting in WRFL, as there are junior clubs with no alignment to a senior club. I would say they would be worth one point, as they are juniors, unless they have played senior football or represented Vic (via TAC cup).
So any senior player who transfers between clubs in same league is worth 5 points. Junior players picked up from non aligned junior clubs 1 point, other juniors to be discussed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rock how is cain williams going is he far of from playing seniors?

Had a good pre season and shows alot of potential, certainly a senior player in my eyes.
He is injured at the moment so hopefully he gets some good form back in the two's and put his name up for senior selction soon.

I know Mollo played last year but he was injured all year and didnt have the year everybody expected from him. He will basically be a new player given how much better he will be this year. Monty is very hard to replace even though he didnt have the best finals sesries. Bryce Hayes has gone and Im pretty sure Peter Wilson isnt playing and he is very under-rated as Im sure you'd agree. He did a pretty good job on you in a couple of games last year. Im up here but am missing home a bit so I may be back the 2nd half of the year. I may not get a game though the way they are going. Its a funny 1 with the training. We definitely did a lot more hard running at training last year but Im pretty sure everybodys 3km time trials were pretty good this year in comparison to last year. Chops puts a huge emphasis on intensity so maybe the guys are training shorter but more intense. Who knows.

So basically its been in - Shannon, McGhie, OKeeke and Sinnot and out Me, Monty, Wilson and Hayes. You would have to say that the in's are better than the out's.

Look i think peter goes ok but it wasn't him that stopped me from getting a kick i was just pathetic with no second effort at all, i believe it was more my fault than his,either way he done his job.
Well losing hayse and wilson mite leave the backline a little vulnerable, unless sinnot is a defender???

Obe just as a matter of interest how is young J.Perkins travelling at the moment.Has he played seniors yet and if not is he far off ?

Rock's covered both queries in regards to Perkins and Williams but to answer your question, I have no doubt that they both will have long and successful senior careers at the colts.

Look i think peter goes ok but it wasn't him that stopped me from getting a kick i was just pathetic with no second effort at all, i believe it was more my fault than his,either way he done his job.
Well losing hayse and wilson mite leave the backline a little vulnerable, unless sinnot is a defender???

Hayse is a loss we can cover, but wilson is a huge one!!! Good thing he will be back playing in the 2nd half of the year once his body is right,the bloke is gun,we havent seen the best of him in years but when he fires he is unstopable. Sinnot is a running machine of the back flank and if you throw in Boothey,the back line is looking a treat. Round 1 we shut down the Hoppers Crossing forwards while providing plenty of run.The last two weeks has been a little easy so it should be a good test this week. Will be a ripper game should only be a couple of goals in it.

yeah sinnot is a defender and a very handy one at that. i believe our backline has improved alot since last year, the recruit who has probably been our best player this year is staring down back, and has yet to get a mention on bigfooty.
pete did a good job last year he is a quality player, i think he played on u 3 times last year rock and may have got the chocalates all 3.

well rock think our backline is still as strong as last year. sinnott is a backman and from all reports goes very well. i have not been down to see a game yet but speaking to a few of the boys he has slotted in nicely. i might have a bit of trouble getting my spot back with all the new inclusions.

Hayse is a loss we can cover, but wilson is a huge one!!! Good thing he will be back playing in the 2nd half of the year once his body is right,the bloke is gun,we havent seen the best of him in years but when he fires he is unstopable. Sinnot is a running machine of the back flank and if you throw in Boothey,the back line is looking a treat. Round 1 we shut down the Hoppers Crossing forwards while providing plenty of run.The last two weeks has been a little easy so it should be a good test this week. Will be a ripper game should only be a couple of goals in it.

no way....look everyone its ray, lets bag him?

yeah sinnot is a defender and a very handy one at that. i believe our backline has improved alot since last year, the recruit who has probably been our best player this year is staring down back, and has yet to get a mention on bigfooty.
pete did a good job last year he is a quality player, i think he played on u 3 times last year rock and may have got the chocalates all 3.

thanks for the support crackers, but when i get back i might have to slot into the twos forward line for a while and try pushing for a forwards spot with the back half playing well

does anyone know wether brett shields and dean pace from altona can be nominated for rookie of the year? both from under 18's last year but did play a few games in the seniors last year.? is there much other competition?

Wrong crackers i kicked 5 the first time we played you on big RAYZOR18 and then i kicked 4 and 3 on peter in the next two but missed a few shots alo but he as you say got the choclates in the gf and that's all that matters.

You would have done fu ck all running you lazy heap lol
Let's be serious your back line has played two shocking sides and a hoppers team that has no real fwds at the moment, i think their key defender went fwd and got 3, but no doubt you guys are the team to beat and we look fwd to having a crack a few times.
Spotty had a great year last year but personally i didn't think you were that far ahead of the pack and in the end a little lucky to win the gf but a win none the less.
We had some key personal out in the big game and have a few out also this year, i think if you guys loose crackers or mangan to injury your depth to key position maybe tested......just my opinion

On another subject how are the grounds looking????
Any info on glenorden??

Wrong crackers i kicked 5 the first time we played you on big RAYZOR18 and then i kicked 4 and 3 on peter in the next two but missed a few shots alo but he as you say got the choclates in the gf and that's all that matters.

Mate im sure it was three goals and two behinds LOL and you did us by eight goals that day.But like you said we got up in the big one. Either way mate you have kicked alot of goals over the years and Pete has done the job on some good forwards and has the capacity to move to the other end of the ground and kick some real big bags himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back