Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port Colts should have had the game sewn up at half time. Inaccurate kicking cost them in the end.

Thought the umpires were average. Colts definitely had the advantage in the first half, but it evened up after half time. First half was pretty lacklustre viewing, but the game opened up after half time and was a great spectacle.

McGhee went into the ruck after half time and was the main instigator behind the win. Great duel with Julier (who had been killing Spotty) and definitely shaded him.

Harris got BOG, which was surprising as he didn't touch it in the 1st half. Danny Jacobs was clearly BOG and when the scoreline is so tight, it shouldn't necessarily go to a player from the winning side.

For Spotty I thought McGee, Kelly, Molan (after half time), Sablich (leaked a couple of goals but was brave and attacking), and Dennerley were good.

For Port Colts Danny Jacobs, McNulty, Julier,Twomey and Brett Jacobs.

Colts will rue one that got away as Spotswood were about 3 goals down at 3/4 time.

went along to see the gf today wasnt supporting either side was a great game until some little white thing thats being nice murded port colts in the last term by not paying one of the best marks of the day in the goal square and over ruleing a goal that was clearly a goal that would have sealed there win im sure we will hear alot more about this on big footy spotty won by 10 points

The game was a close encounter with Colts holding sway for much of the day without landing the knockout blow. The umpiring was puzzling all day. They were paying non existent free kicks and missing the blatant ones. They were very quick with the whistle when the ball was in dispute and should have allowed another few seconds to let the boys fight it out. I won't comment on the goal/point because I couldn't pick it from where I was. As for the mark, I think I missed it, any more info?

we were standing on the flank in between the 2 canteens and it looked a point from where we were standing but the colts players celebrated as if it were a goal and it seemed the spotty boys had conceded so i dont know. definitly a turning point though.
i thought danny jacobs was easily bog with simpson being spottys best.

we were standing on the flank in between the 2 canteens and it looked a point from where we were standing but the colts players celebrated as if it were a goal and it seemed the spotty boys had conceded so i dont know. definitly a turning point though.
i thought danny jacobs was easily bog with simpson being spottys best.

Fair point on Simpson. He kicked absolutely crucial goals when needed. Thought Molan appeared injured or disinterested in the 1st half. Amazing how things can turn around.

Keenan/Bonnet duel was about even. Keenan was good in the 1st and last quarters, while Bonnet was better in the 2nd and 3rd.

Everyone talks about spotty being dogs including myself,but how it turns when your in a losing side.
Clarkie is gone,he is the colts biggest dog and you won't see him playing football ever again after his behaviour today.five umpires reported him along with the WRFL and even the cops.
Good Bye Rock07,you dirty low life dog, can't accept defeat when it occurs.
Bet you will be boxing on back at colts ground by now,along with all the other low life dogs.
I hate spotty,but they were great in the last 5 minutes to win the game today and also glad they lost the ressies.
Where is the 09 season?

Was a great game today - McGhee into the ruck turned the game - Colts players cramming up suggested their condition was gone in second half - Spoty coming from behind was a hugh effort - after the siren BS was a slight on the game and league - only Rock will ever know the reasons .

As for the decision from a goal to a point appeared field umpire persuaded the goal umpire's decisicon - that's why Rock lost it toward the end - unfortunante for him .

BTW why Harris clearly Jacobs or Julier were BOG ?

Was a great game today - McGhee into the ruck turned the game - Colts players cramming up suggested their condition was gone in second half - Spoty coming from behind was a hugh effort - after the siren BS was a slight on the game and league - only Rock will ever know the reasons .

As for the decision from a goal to a point appeared field umpire persuaded the goal umpire's decisicon - that's why Rock lost it toward the end - unfortunante for him .

The goal wouldn't have changed the result anyway. I am sure there were dodgy decisions early in the game that resulted in goals both ways whether in that play or two kicks later but everyone forgets about them. I would say bad kicking and perhaps a fitter Spotswood were the difference in a great game. The after siren stuff is perhaps one reason the league has trouble attracting high profile players to the competition.

BTW why Harris clearly Jacobs or Julier were BOG ?

Julier was clearly the best IMO. Quality player and busted his gut all day. McGhie was bloody good when he went on to the ball.

As for Rock, I really think we should just leave things alone because most of us wouldn't have a clue why things got out of control.

I tell you what though, Wyndham's cops got a fair work out today. They even got the SWAT van out. Was waiting for the national guard weekend warriors to come down....if we have any?

Everyone talks about spotty being dogs including myself,but how it turns when your in a losing side.
Clarkie is gone,he is the colts biggest dog and you won't see him playing football ever again after his behaviour today.five umpires reported him along with the WRFL and even the cops.
Bet you will be boxing on back at colts ground by now,along with all the other low life dogs.
I hate spotty,but they were great in the last 5 minutes to win the game today and also glad they lost the ressies.
Where is the 09 season?

5 umpires reported Rock07? I was out on the ground but there was so much happening it was hard to keep up. I was trying to watch the celebrations but kept getting drawn away to look at fights.

What I know......

There was a dust up between rival supporter groups behind the Spotty bench. When I got over there there was a couple of Spotty supporters covered in blood. I saw one bald (small pony tail at the back), short Port Colts supporter in his 40's or 50's threatening a young Spotty supporter.

This was the same young Spotty supporter who was covered in blood about 5 mins later. He must have wandered over to the Port Colts huddle/supporters and given a bit of lip.
Don't think much happened after that.

Perform a miracle? Lol. Nah mate, was left out which was heartbreaking and I feel they have made the wrong choice but thats footy. I was told that they couldnt find a spot for me in the 1's and although I dont agree with it, or necessarily believe it, I have to accept that decision. I guess I expected it when the coach didnt ask me how my hand was after training either Tuesday or Thursday. Just as disappointing was the fact that I was left out of the 2nds to play against Sunshine. I had a point to prove to the coaching staff and I had every intention of doing so but that wont be. I have absolutely no idea why I was left out, and thats the honest truth. The reason I was given was that they are 'going for development' (of younger players). I would have thought they would have known this long b4 the last training session of the year and watching me train for 2 weeks with a broken hand. Given that the reserves coach asked me after training last night if I was happy to play 2's if I didnt get picked in the 1's and I said yes and he was fine with that, I dont know what transpired after that. Im very disappointed as I deserve a game of footy irrespective of the grade and that has been taken away from me for no reason. You guys can make your own conclusions.

Im sure most people will have an opinion on this but I want to stress that this was a match committee decision and should not reflect on the rest of the board or the club in anyway. The rest of the people at the club have been great towards me and I have appreciated their support with everything.

I hope that the boys can get it together and knock the Colts off tomorrow and the ressies bring it home aswell. Im looking forward to a couple of great games.

Could the Mighty Beazer have made a difference in the twos?
I'm thinking.......YES......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is the 09 season?

Your entitled to your opinion Foxxy but rather than post it like a coward why don't you head down to Murphys and discuss your comments to those who you have directed them at. You criticize freely from afar in a manner that is no better than the very essence of your post.

Your entitled to your opinion Foxxy but rather than post it like a coward why don't you head down to Murphys and discuss your comments to those who you have directed them at. You criticize freely from afar in a manner that is no better than the very essence of your post.

OBE1 i must admit i wasn't there, we finally had some sunshine and we had a lot of beers in the backyard today, we went out to the car around half time to check the scores (the only place we can pick up 88.9) and Colts were 17 points up.....i'm gonna stick up for Clarkie here, i've never met him but you can tell he's a good bloke from all the posts.....

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

Where is the 09 season?
im not from colts but by sound of things you are the dog.clarkie farced up so dont call the players and there supporters dogs.u low life in bred pig.by sound of things u will be there 1st informer.we will call you foxy E292.CLARKIE SHHOULD BE PUNISHED.no1 else

Where is the 09 season?

from what i seen rock07 ran to the umps and let'em know about their poor decissions. he was fumeing about that and just losing a g.f then some spotty supporter has said something and was egging him on to come over to him so in the heat of the moment he has gone over there by himself and started swinging . then colts supporters have seen this so therve ran over to back him up and then it was on for young and old. last thing u want to be doing is rubbing in to colts, the spotty bloke should of been in the centre celebrating with the rest of the spotty supporters.

Julier was clearly the best IMO. Quality player and busted his gut all day. McGhie was bloody good when he went on to the ball.

As for Rock, I really think we should just leave things alone because most of us wouldn't have a clue why things got out of control.

I tell you what though, Wyndham's cops got a fair work out today. They even got the SWAT van out. Was waiting for the national guard weekend warriors to come down....if we have any?

FiloBeddoe - bit surprised that you have not got a Conspirancy Theory going on today's events so I thought I would have a go

Conspiracy Theory Number One

Port Melbourne Colts win the 2007 WRFL Premiership. Early in the last quarter number 7 of Port Colts celebarates a goal (check this weeks local rag if you don't believe me). Soon after their full forward kicks a goal and high fives the crowd as he runs around the boundary line. Port Colts in front. Colts ruckman has a shot from 20m and does not make the distance. Spotty players told to wave goodbye to the flag. Spotty keep playing, Port Colts ?? Spotty win Premiership by 6 points.

Conspiracy Theory Number Two

Spotswood win the 2008 WRFL Second Semi Final. Spotswood have control over the game and look to reverse the result of their previous 2008 encounters. Port Melbourne Colts come form behind to win by 3 points. PMC celebrate their "Never say Die" attitude and have another week off.

Conspiracy Theory Number Three

Port Melbourne Colts win the 2008 WRFL Premiership. Port hold sway for most of the day with Danny Jacobs (the protected species) getting plenty of the ball. Despite Spotty getting the best of the umpires (someone elses words not mine) Port Melbourne Colts hold a commanding (in the contaxt of the game) at 3 quarter time. A goal here or there and Colts are still 3 straight kicks in front. 23 from Spotty has run D.Jacobs into the ground so he goes forward for a rest. 21 from Colts finally meets an equally or stronger opponent in the ruck (number 34 whose old man apparently knows a bit about playing in a Premiership Team). Colts still favoured to win as they begin to high five on the bench at the 20 minute mark and in the crowd (they must have forgotten about last year). Spotty get back to within 2 points with not long to go. Ball goes toward Spotty goal square and amongst at least 10 players 22 from Spotty takes a mark. The same 22 from Spotty who Colts Coach said on the radio following second semi that he was good, just sometimes he does not want to be !!. Well, this time he wanted to be good. At the bounce 34 from Spotty against the tiring 21 from Colts thumps the ball 30m toward Spotty goal. Kicked forward to a mark form Andrew Gibson Medalist 35 who increases the margin to 10 points after the siren.
Spotty win the flag for back to back victories, both against Port Melbourne Colts and both from being behind with 8 minutes to go !!

Conspiracy Theory Number Four

After the game Colts number 7 rushes to the umpires to congratulate them on the great job they had done with their umpiring of the game. He soon departs to leave his team mates and supporters to have a frank discussion about the way the day unfolded. Plod arrives and gives them a spray prior to the Premiership Team presentation and celebration.

Soon be Cricket !!

Port Colts should have had the game sewn up at half time. Inaccurate kicking cost them in the end.

Thought the umpires were average. Colts definitely had the advantage in the first half, but it evened up after half time. First half was pretty lacklustre viewing, but the game opened up after half time and was a great spectacle.

McGhee went into the ruck after half time and was the main instigator behind the win. Great duel with Julier (who had been killing Spotty) and definitely shaded him.

Harris got BOG, which was surprising as he didn't touch it in the 1st half. Danny Jacobs was clearly BOG and when the scoreline is so tight, it shouldn't necessarily go to a player from the winning side.

For Spotty I thought McGee, Kelly, Molan (after half time), Sablich (leaked a couple of goals but was brave and attacking), and Dennerley were good.

For Port Colts Danny Jacobs, McNulty, Julier,Twomey and Brett Jacobs.

Colts will rue one that got away as Spotswood were about 3 goals down at 3/4 time.
for 15 minutes of a 100 minute game, julier tired, he was best on ground by 100 miles

Where is the 09 season?
i hope u get off clarky, coz in all my time in football i have never seen a field umpire overide a goal umpire before he had even made a decision

i hope u get off clarky, coz in all my time in football i have never seen a field umpire overide a goal umpire before he had even made a decision
hey yeah, and clarky, do yaself a favour, u must try and see if someone has a video of the game, and if u get it and can see it, weigh up who is in the better position, the field or the goal umpire, id like to have a little wager it would be the goal

You can't defend the post match shenanigans and all the people involved in it were disappointing, but to say the Millen goal decision didn't cost the Colts not right. It was one of two defining moments. Had it been a goal Spotty need two goals to win and the Colts can bottle the game up more, the goal after the siren to Spotty only happens because Colts had to chase the game. Other crucial incident was Massis going off, he seemed to be an important factor in keeping Harris quiet. Once his hammy pinged, Harris started to run amok and played a very good second half, but agree he didnt deserve the medal on the day, as if the umpires are going to get that right either.

Colts on balance of the day should have won but bad kicking is bad football, the other factor was how many of their players cramped, they ran out legs badly? Also Danny Jacobs who was sublime early, was clearly favouring his hip late and couldn't kick through the ball properly, that was a big blow for the Colts, even though to credit his bravery he was still playing well, despite seemingly being in agony. Everything was conspiring against Colts but they still would have still beaten a lesser side, but to Spotty's credit they showed great heart and a couple of master strokes - McGhie in the ruck, Kelly in defense and O'Keefe coming back on despite injures - enabled them to pinch the game.

On the umpiring, I didnt think on balance it favoured either team too much, the Millen one is like the Liberatore final goal, no-one really knows, but it was ugly officiating and a blight, as was the umpiring in general, which rarely if ever in this league matches the quality of the football. A couple of holding the ball decisions in the last quarter will go down as the most putrid pieces of football officiating ever witnessed. Also, the decision to start from the centre was good, but why after constant miscues did the umpires continue to bounce on the sticky centre when throwing it up would have been far better.

Where is the 09 season?
Hey foxxy you are a spineless **** who hides behind a computer and calls someone a dog,show some dash and confront clarkie and tell him to his face instead of taking the cowards route.To call someone a dog is very harsh and im sure that you are prepared to meet clarkie and discuss this him???????????
Its very tough to get on here and call someone a dog that takes a lot of courage im sure you are a well respected person in your community whos football achievements will be spoken about for many years to come???????,What have you done in your football career???/
Coached any A grade sides??/Coached any sides to an a grade flag?
Won any comp medals or won any goal kicking awards????????
See foxxy what you are realising now is that in fact its you who is the dog,a sad pathetic, no talented, jealous coward who gets himself off by writing nasty things about people,i would be happy to pass on your details to clarkie if you would like to discuss your issues with him??????
Im sure your man enough to stand by your words?????????????

What's the easiest way to stuff up a good game of football?
Put three WRFL Umpires in charge of it!

Yesterday's game was always going to be close, but poor umpiring decisions has cost the PAYING public the privelage to view a fantastic game of football.
In the first half, Colts probably had around 3 -4 times as many free kicks compared to Spotswood, third quater saw an even number of frees to each team. Last quarter (where it all counts) the umpires decided that colts had already had their fair share of frees and it was time to even it up a bit.
It is now history, spotty win back to back premierships both against Colts.
Not sure what got Rock all fired up about with the crowd, sure he will let us all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back