We've still got four spots to fill...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
I always use the Briise three-peat team as the yard stick for the players you need. I have therefore aligned our current crop to theirs and left gaps where I just don't think we have someone that matches up. Some players are slightly out of position and I have not incldued players like Dowler, Dawson or Muston, as they have not played enough footy yet to identify how they may perform.

FF: McRae - Lynch - Bradshaw
FF: xxxxx - Roughie - Thorpe

HF: Akermanis - Brown - Notting
HF: xxxxxxxx - Franklin - Williams

C : Power - Voss - Lappin
C : Ellis - Hodge - Crawford

HB: Pike - Leppitsch - C. Scott
HB: Birchall - Croad - Brown

FB: Johnson - Michael - White
FB: Sewell - xxxxxxxx - xxxxxx

R : Clarke
R : Bailey

RR: Black
RR: Mitchell

Ro: Hart
Ro: Lewis

To me, it leaves four gaps we need to fill.

What are people's thoughts?

I always use the Briise three-peat team as the yard stick for the players you need. I have therefore aligned our current crop to theirs and left gaps where I just don't think we have someone that matches up. Some players are slightly out of position and I have not incldued players like Dowler, Dawson or Muston, as they have not played enough footy yet to identify how they may perform.

I reckon
Pike > Birch
Black > Mitch
Leppa > Croad
Johnno > Seawell
Power >> Ellis
Lynch > Roughie
Bradshaw > Thorp so far
Clarke > Bailey so far
Brown > Frankin so far

But
Williams > Notting
and Brown > Scott

Rest are about =

Anyway I think we have some work 2 do 2 get that good.

I reckon
Pike > Birch
Black > Mitch
Leppa > Croad
Johnno > Seawell
Power >> Ellis
Lynch > Roughie
Bradshaw > Thorp so far
Clarke > Bailey so far
Brown > Frankin so far

But
Williams > Notting
and Brown > Scott

Rest are about =

Anyway I think we have some work 2 do 2 get that good.

Don't think he was arguing who was better; that Brissy side was a superb blend of toughness, skills, and experience
Give our boys time.

Boyler fp.
Laddo hff (defensive if need be)
Guerra one more year at bp
Dawson / Gilham at fb, hard to judge as I've seen so little of the zac attack lately.

What about the bench?

Don't think he was arguing who was better; that Brissy side was a superb blend of toughness, skills, and experience
Give our boys time.

Boyler fp.
Laddo hff (defensive if need be)
Guerra one more year at bp
Dawson / Gilham at fb, hard to judge as I've seen so little of the zac attack lately.

What about the bench?

Wasn't sure on their bench. Assume guys like Keating, B Scott may have been on it. I suppose Des Headland could also be in the team.

Boy were they good across the ground.

I wouldn't be including Ellis or Bailey in the team cause they are yet to prove themselves. Raplace Bailey with Campbell and then we need 5 more spots to fill

i think young has proven himself over the course of the season and would slot ahead of Ellis on the wing.. Young was one of our better players over the last 6 weeks or so.

I agree with all positions bar Bailey and Thorpe for exactly the same reasons as you stated, they havent played enough football! so for mine id replace Bailey with Campbell and leave Thorpe out, so there would be five gaps that need to be filled!!

Some players are slightly out of position and I have not incldued players like Dowler, Dawson or Muston, as they have not played enough footy yet to identify how they may perform.

Lol, Dowler has played 2 more games than Mitch Thorp, for a total of 3, and they both played 1 game this year. Havnt played enough footy :rolleyes:, you should maybe swap them around.

I also think that if Gilham hasnt got his Full-Back position, then Dawson could go in there, but Gilham should be put there.

Remove this Banner Ad

We've still got four spots to fill...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back