Wfl 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
winners this week?
Ararat & Stawell a draw!
Nhill by 20 goals over Dimboola
Saints to beat United by less than a goal.
Warrack by 2 goals over MM.

A round of close games apart from Nhill I reckon.

Ararat & Stawell a draw!
Nhill by 20 goals over Dimboola
Saints to beat United by less than a goal.
Warrack by 2 goals over MM.

A round of close games apart from Nhill I reckon.

Nhill should win by that on paper except Dimboola at home has always been a snake pit for the tigers.

They'll be happy with a 5 or 6 goal win.

Nhill is currently riddled with injuries, not there best side by any means.

Nhill should win by that on paper except Dimboola at home has always been a snake pit for the tigers.

They'll be happy with a 5 or 6 goal win.

Nhill is currently riddled with injuries, not there best side by any means.
Animal, you were nearly right with this tip. I'm not a follower of this league, I've only gone by the previous results. You had the inside money but, still didn't get it quite right. Good on DimDamBoola. What of Guy Smith's opinion that Nhill wouls challenge Horsham.

MOOSE you are the biggest shit starter in the world. EVERONE ON BIG FOOTY DONT BELIEVE THIS PERSON!!!!!!!FAT ****A

Didn't we float this idea of league merger and a promotion/relegation system 12 months ago FP? At this rate it'll be 10 years till the VCFL step in an do anything constructive for the sake of country footy Western Victoria. Maybe you can go hunting for our old posts and drop them into Wardy to get the debate firing.

On a lighter note, poor old Guyro Smith looks a dill after raving about the Tiggers last week. Maybe it's just that his side in awful.

Have the Tiggers actually beaten anyone of substance this year yet? Huge game for them at home this weekend againist the Saints, who look to have got a bit of spark back after strong wins over the Redlegs and the Diggers.

I hear the Big Baker has thrown his boots in the bin for the last time after injurying his ankle in the 2's on the weekend. I believe with the pick up of Steve Cameron from HB in would be hard to get a jig in the Saints forwardline anyhow.

ANIMAL

I would love too see how soft your nose is! :mad:[/quote]

Hang on there bounca, u need to weight your turn. Blokes are queing up from the north pole to do that!!:thumbsu:

Went to the Eagles, Burras game. Sat in the car on the shed side. Great spirit by both sides. Unfortunately the game was marred by some terrible umpiring. I know most people are used to it being bad but I can tell you either Rudolph is a cheat or a ******ed pineapple from the planet Zogg. The point post was knocked down after a heavy clash, the two central umpires then walked from the field and sat in the shed. Nobody knows why? Apparently the paid goal umpire asked for the game to be declared nul and void due to health and safety reasons?!?! After this the Eagles got every kick from Rudolph that was going. It was all very weird and very sad.

I also went and had a look at this game and both clubs ought to be congratulated, it could have easy esculated into something ugly. It was an interesting day to say the least, the goal post coming, the umpires leaving the arena spelt carnage as generally there isnt any love lost between these 2 rivals but the players just mingled. The game itself was a good game to watch as both teams went about their business but I the umpiring marred what could have been a great game. I must agree they must be from planet Zogg because they had no idea :confused:. I have watched 3 M/M games this year and those poor buggers must wonder what on earth they have done because they get nothing. I dont know if it woud have changed the result as Warrack had about 10 more scoring shots but M/M still got within 12 points.

I have never seen the central umpires walk off the ground before while a game is still in progress. What were they thinking? Point posts have come down before in all levels of footy but I have never seen the officials give up! As yet there is yet to be an investigation announced into the conduct of the umpires throughout the day but it would be staggering if both clubs didn’t bring it up at League level.

Be more specific Fancy, the part where they disgraced themselves for 10 minutes calling for the game to be called off, the part where they frantically cleared the area calling it a dangerous situation or the 10 mins it took the goal umpire to walk up the other end?????

Then there's the game, did rudolph have instruction to give MM nothing?? Cos it looked a bit obvious from the front seat of my car.....

On an upside it was great to see two teams with great supporter bases who hang around after the game to mingle and have a chuckle (or sshake heads) about the day.

I thought the way the umpires appeared to chastise player from both teams was worse. Chasing them across the ground and invading their personal space, it bordered on physical intimidation.

Wouldn't go that far Fancy, we both know that the power goes to the head when you carry a whistle. Maybe you should have a go at the umpiring caper, the boys wouldn't mind if you got in there personal space.......

So you have any updates out of united? What went wrong down at coughlan park last weekend?

Would be good to see the mail times publish the ideas about footy restructure from Big Footy. Given this was where the ideas all started and debated it seems only right. The paper was able to publish unfounded rumors about Harvey Lang so why not the constuctive stuff????
There are bigger papers around than the Mail Times that flog material from here.

The Nhill Tigers are still to land a big scalp this year after going down to the Saints today.

todays scores:

Horsham Saints 9.15 69 v Nhill 4.7 31
Horsham Demons 11.21 99 v 4.3 27
Horsham United 9.18 72 v 9.7 61
Minyip/Murtoa 9.8 62 v Stawell 7.6 48

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody read ‘man in the corner’ in the Wimmera Mail Times today? Maybe the league should be paying Maurie in 5c coins.
Anybody know what happened at Dimboola on Saturday???
Are Dimmy able to challange the result of the game? & if so how does this effect United with its spot in the 5.
Wouldn't you be spewing if you missed out on finals by 2 points!!!!
Another point of interest that has been brought to my attention -
Saints could possibly play Eagles and Demons on alternate weeks for 6 weeks if the ladder represents where the end of season positions finish.
You could suggest that some of these sides may play cat & mouse if it plays out this way.:confused:

A dissapointing end to a game that was battled out by the the bottom side. The fact that the umpires decided the result with an incorrect decision is very unfortunate. you would think that the umpires would make the right decision in a situation such as was presented on the weekend. some very good points were brought to attention in the mail times today by the dimboola president. it would be dissapointing however if such decisions were made on bias. United have been given the points and have been placed in 5th position, in which minyip murtoa could be assuming. the umpires association at the moment seems to be an untouchable group that makes thier own rules. some reserves matches this year have even been umpired by 3 central umpires, a waste of league money and which seems to void any commments about a lack of umpires in the region. What is the deal with the regions umpire association and complete lack of professionalism???!

A dissapointing end to a game that was battled out by the the bottom side. The fact that the umpires decided the result with an incorrect decision is very unfortunate. you would think that the umpires would make the right decision in a situation such as was presented on the weekend. some very good points were brought to attention in the mail times today by the dimboola president. it would be dissapointing however if such decisions were made on bias. United have been given the points and have been placed in 5th position, in which minyip murtoa could be assuming. the umpires association at the moment seems to be an untouchable group that makes thier own rules. some reserves matches this year have even been umpired by 3 central umpires, a waste of league money and which seems to void any commments about a lack of umpires in the region. What is the deal with the regions umpire association and complete lack of professionalism???!

The umpires association get a one off payment each year and how they spend it is up to them so having more umpires on the field on any given day doesn’t actually cost the clubs more.

If the mighty Burra’s miss the finals because United got four point they shouldn’t have then I will be suing the League for pain and suffering!

Just read what happened-the ball should have been called dead. I'm assuming the VCFL comes under the banner of AFL Victoria? If so, Dimboola could challenge the result using the precedent of teh St.Kilda-Fremantle game at Launceston, where the siren went, but play continued-the game was dead once the ball had been knocked away from the goals.

2009 umpire pay rates are, Major League seniors $159, reserves $108, Thirds $84, Boundary, $82, $57,$43, Goal Umpires, Sen $66
Central umpires District Leagues, Sen $127, Thirds $70.
Plus travel rate of 63 cents per Km above 8km from central point.

Can someone please explain what happend with this incident i dont have access to the wimmera mail??

Can someone please explain what happend with this incident i dont have access to the wimmera mail??
Scores level when siren sounds-kick from 50m after the siren. Dimboola player punches ball away from goal-ball the punched by a UNited player back over the line. Called a point-United win. Sound about right to those who were actually there?

Scores level when siren sounds-kick from 50m after the siren. Dimboola player punches ball away from goal-ball the punched by a UNited player back over the line. Called a point-United win. Sound about right to those who were actually there?

From where i was sitting i'm sure there was only the one punch. Although i am not sure who punched it, not that that should matter. My feelings go out to Dimmy for they deserved to be the winners against the disappointing diggers.

The laws state if it's punched through by the opposition, in this case Dimboola, a point stands, if by the attacking side, United, the score doesnt stand, UNLESS, the umpire cannot tell whose hand the ball came off, which is the decision that was made. The umpire who made the decision is from Ballarat and is an AFL cadet. Which made the point the Dimboola president brought up about Les Wills umpiring a game with his son in it disappointing, incinuating that Wills was biased, and from reading the paper, that it was in fact Wills who made the decision.
There wouldnt have been much chance for Wills to be biased towards his son, as his son only played a quarter of the game.

The laws state if it's punched through by the opposition, in this case Dimboola, a point stands, if by the attacking side, United, the score doesnt stand, UNLESS, the umpire cannot tell whose hand the ball came off, which is the decision that was made. The umpire who made the decision is from Ballarat and is an AFL cadet. Which made the point the Dimboola president brought up about Les Wills umpiring a game with his son in it disappointing, incinuating that Wills was biased, and from reading the paper, that it was in fact Wills who made the decision.
There wouldnt have been much chance for Wills to be biased towards his son, as his son only played a quarter of the game.

My understanding of the rule is that if the ball is assisted across the line no score counts. If the ball continues on its trajectory and goes across the line the score counts regardless of who touched it last.

I stand to be corrected though.

My understanding of the rule is that if the ball is assisted across the line no score counts. If the ball continues on its trajectory and goes across the line the score counts regardless of who touched it last.

I stand to be corrected though.
My understanding is that Jackson Oneil punched the ball forward (away from the goals) and a United player then punched/kicked the ball back through for a behind. If you read the rules this was to United's advantage and should be called a no score. Wills was the umpire who made the call. Was icing on the cake for a terrible display of umpiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back