Lingsface

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
With todays free kick to get the blues a very important goal, what’s the difference between when you’re over someone and saying holding the ball! Compared to saying that should have been a free!

If you say holding the ball to the umpire and it isn’t you don’t get penalised for having a different opinion…

One is appealing for the umpire to make a decision - in your favour.

The other is demonstrably disagreeing with a decision already made.

Set rules that are definitive and give every team 1 challenge in last quarter for a paid free and an unpaid free. I know it will result in a break in play but make it as efficient as possible e.g. button in coaches box, goes to afl box, where they immediately review.

Set rules that are definitive and give every team 1 challenge in last quarter for a paid free and an unpaid free. I know it will result in a break in play but make it as efficient as possible e.g. button in coaches box, goes to afl box, where they immediately review.

I think electrified dog collars are a more dynamic/entertaining. approach.

4 zaps per game(1 per Ump) each.
No halts in play, 5 second discharge to make evident the offending Umpire.

Watching other games the last few weeks I thought they had clearly relaxed this rule

Then that ****wit look at me ump decides he wants to decide a game

That free changed the whole momentum of the game

Carlton probably deserved to win, but I feel they probably weren't going to until that decision

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

It's a garbage call and the AFL will likely double down on it being the correct decision publicly this week.

However, I'll be fascinated to see if they try to dial it back internally with the umpires across the rest of the year. Had that been a bigger match in a more prominent timeslot the league would be getting way more heat.

On another note, it's sad to see the spineless state of league media when so many are afraid to comment in a manner that criticises the AFL/umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he hadnt taken possession and was taken to ground. even the commentary were boggled by the non call

take your orange glasses off for once peter
Read the room. Oh and watch the footage. He took possession with two hands and tried to throw it on his boot because he knew he was being tackled. Only problem is he threw it out too far in front of his own boots. Taylor gave him an absolute bath.

With todays free kick to get the blues a very important goal, what’s the difference between when you’re over someone and saying holding the ball! Compared to saying that should have been a free!

If you say holding the ball to the umpire and it isn’t you don’t get penalised for having a different opinion…
Harsh free kick no doubt. I see a lot of people talking about the arms out as the driver for the free kick and using other examples in games where no free was paid.

I think was more what Coniglio said to the umpire. Unless the AFL clarify the free kick unfortunately we will probably never know.

Read the room. Oh and watch the footage. He took possession with two hands and tried to throw it on his boot because he knew he was being tackled. Only problem is he threw it out too far in front of his own boots. Taylor gave him an absolute bath.

Glee Tissue Box GIF by Disney+

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the difference?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back