What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to love city builders but always found Cities Skylines intimidating to learn. My bro in law has been obsessed with it for years and been at me to get into it for as long. I saw the ultimate upgrade thingy on sale on PS store was on sale for like $50 so I grabbed it and was compatible with the previous PS Plus version of the game. I persisted for a couple hours yesterday then looked up some YouTube videos, next thing I know it was 330am lol. Good thing I'm on holidays now. It got its hooks into me and probably even more daunting to learn because now I have (I think) every DLC worth of content to play with.
This is me.

I played a shitload of SimCity 2000 back on the day and dabbled with Cities Skylines a few years ago... I am also a town planner so would like to think I know a thing or two!

I got it on the PS5 a few months ago and played around for a few hours but then left it alone. I wasn't quite sure how it all worked.

Speaking to a colleague about the game about a week ago he mentioned a YouTube series on it by town planner. Whilst cooking dinner I watched about 10 mins of a video and actually realised how the game "worked" and save to say I have not put it down since.
Very keen to get some DLC but I also hear rumours of CS 2 so will wait and see.

This is me.

I played a shitload of SimCity 2000 back on the day and dabbled with Cities Skylines a few years ago... I am also a town planner so would like to think I know a thing or two!

I got it on the PS5 a few months ago and played around for a few hours but then left it alone. I wasn't quite sure how it all worked.

Speaking to a colleague about the game about a week ago he mentioned a YouTube series on it by town planner. Whilst cooking dinner I watched about 10 mins of a video and actually realised how the game "worked" and save to say I have not put it down since.
Very keen to get some DLC but I also hear rumours of CS 2 so will wait and see.

I've watched that town planner guy a bit too! He helped me a bit. Biffo is another good one but he plays PC with traffic mods so his advice isn't always relevant to console. Another good one is Captain Ahvious.

I definitely recommend grabbing all of the DLC when it's on sale. I grabbed it recently for $50, down from about $150, from the PS store. There are things in there that came with some DLCs that I just couldn't imagine doing without.

I've spent the past few weeks trying to see a city through to 9 tiles and fully functional. Currently my city has $73million and 85k population. Just pushing to 90k to unlock everything. I told myself I'd use this city to learn how and what works, traffic management, how to build different kinds of interchanges etc. Tried not to worry too much about about beautifying but I'd hate to imagine how many trees I've planted lol. Also found out some cheeky ways to make money.

I've watched that town planner guy a bit too! He helped me a bit. Biffo is another good one but he plays PC with traffic mods so his advice isn't always relevant to console. Another good one is Captain Ahvious.

I definitely recommend grabbing all of the DLC when it's on sale. I grabbed it recently for $50, down from about $150, from the PS store. There are things in there that came with some DLCs that I just couldn't imagine doing without.

I've spent the past few weeks trying to see a city through to 9 tiles and fully functional. Currently my city has $73million and 85k population. Just pushing to 90k to unlock everything. I told myself I'd use this city to learn how and what works, traffic management, how to build different kinds of interchanges etc. Tried not to worry too much about about beautifying but I'd hate to imagine how many trees I've planted lol. Also found out some cheeky ways to make money.
Agree on the DLC - I can see how immersive and positive the content would be.

Would love to see some screenshots of your city.

I am close to being done with my first tile - it's not full by any stretch but the city is evolving in a particular direction on its own so will be purchasing one tonight!

wait when they start talking about vampire hunters do you have to get involved within a time limit?
The NPC's which you receive the quest from spawn when you level 5-10 (I forget which; the other DLC has similar triggers) so if you never reach level 5 (ie; you never level up; this is actually really viable due to the way the game scales with you, you can get 100 in each statistic without leveling even once and be overpowered compared to the level of the rest of the world) they won't spawn and the vampire attacks will not occur.

Kingdom come: deliverance, but I am really, truly thinking of putting it down again in favour of horizon zero dawn.

It's really, really, really janky. On one hand, you play it for the realisim, but there are aspects of the game in which it truly gets in the way of enjoyment. I've had to tape a crosshair to my TV to shoot a bow. I've poured hours into the melee combat, and I still don't get the timings, and the more armor you wear the worse you move. In order to level up speech, you need to - you guessed it - exhaust every dialogue option available. You need to eat, or your camera will shake; if you don't sleep, your character will yawn when aiming a bow or a sword. If you drink alcohol, your vision swims. If you ride a horse too hard or too long, it'll kick you off. You cannot see at night, at all, and if you're caught in a town without a torch at night, you get fined. Shooting a bow hurts your hands if you don't wear gloves.

You need a specific sort of alcohol to save your game.

On one hand, it's rewarding to do the main quests, but I'm genuinely concerned that I'm going to run into someone who is better than I am with their chosen melee weapon, and in this game your skill level makes you automatically better.

Conan Exiles. Best game ive ever played. Esp if u find the right modded Aust server.

I used to love it, it is a great game.. Got too hard to manage a base when working FiFo... I lost a huge house and lots of good weapons etc. Was better when the decay was slower.

Kingdom come: deliverance, but I am really, truly thinking of putting it down again in favour of horizon zero dawn.

It's really, really, really janky. On one hand, you play it for the realisim, but there are aspects of the game in which it truly gets in the way of enjoyment. I've had to tape a crosshair to my TV to shoot a bow. I've poured hours into the melee combat, and I still don't get the timings, and the more armor you wear the worse you move. In order to level up speech, you need to - you guessed it - exhaust every dialogue option available. You need to eat, or your camera will shake; if you don't sleep, your character will yawn when aiming a bow or a sword. If you drink alcohol, your vision swims. If you ride a horse too hard or too long, it'll kick you off. You cannot see at night, at all, and if you're caught in a town without a torch at night, you get fined. Shooting a bow hurts your hands if you don't wear gloves.

You need a specific sort of alcohol to save your game.

On one hand, it's rewarding to do the main quests, but I'm genuinely concerned that I'm going to run into someone who is better than I am with their chosen melee weapon, and in this game your skill level makes you automatically better.

What platform? On PC there is a mod to not consume Saviour Schnapps to save. I hated the lack of crosshair when aiming with a bow too. As a history nerd I absolutely loved this game though.

I used to love it, it is a great game.. Got too hard to manage a base when working FiFo... I lost a huge house and lots of good weapons etc. Was better when the decay was slower.
I suggest a server that isnt PVP for starters. And yeah, its tough if u work away and cant login regularly. The server I am on has no building decay for that reason. You probably have 4-6 weeks before your base may be removed. And if u pm the admin, they will preserve your base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suggest a server that isnt PVP for starters. And yeah, its tough if u work away and cant login regularly. The server I am on has no building decay for that reason. You probably have 4-6 weeks before your base may be removed. And if u pm the admin, they will preserve your base.

Yeh thats the go, I'll give it another crack in the future no doubt. I only ever played PvP.

What platform? On PC there is a mod to not consume Saviour Schnapps to save. I hated the lack of crosshair when aiming with a bow too. As a history nerd I absolutely loved this game though.
It's the ps4 copy, on a ps5.

I like history too, it's part of why I picked it up in the first place. Wouldn't want to live there, though.

It's the ps4 copy, on a ps5.

I like history too, it's part of why I picked it up in the first place. Wouldn't want to live there, though.

Middle ages were certainly an unforgiving era. As an aside it's pretty cool looking up some of the real life locations in the game like Rattay and Sasau. The reconstructions are really well done.

Struggling to stick with one game at the moment damn game pass. Was playing Red Dead 2/Forza 5 and a bit of cricket 22 but now with Hitman Trilogy and Rainbow 6 Extraction coming to game pass this week I am wanting to give them a go.

No the original, albeit from GOG so it's been updated to work properly on modern PCs. Still burns time like few other games...

Also keen to check out the remake...

So just finished Brilliant Diamond. Boyohboy wowee...the Elite 4 is hard!

After breezing through the game easily I got to the Pokémon League and beat my rival easily in 30 hours then it took me 12 more hours of grinding and choosing different Pokémon and grinding more!!

Twice I got to Cynthia's Garchomp with only my Dialga left and lost. Third time I got to Cynthia's Garchomp in the same situation. It missed Dragon Claw and Dialga hit Dragon Rage and I won!!!!

I am now playing a FireRed Nuzloke with the rule that the Pokémon have to be taller than me (6ft)

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back