What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

TMNT Cowabunga Collection - TMNT Arcade

My favourite sequence in the whole game (don't know why as trying to take them out cleanly isn't easy for me lol)

I’ll Be having a go of that game tonight on the arcade machine thing I’ve got. Love the turtle games and have a bit of a muck around with Street Fighter 2 and MK3

I’ll Be having a go of that game tonight on the arcade machine thing I’ve got. Love the turtle games and have a bit of a muck around with Street Fighter 2 and MK3

I'd love to get any of those Arcade1up machines or build my own custom unit. Sadly space is a premium here and if I want to play any arcade titles I'm limited to official releases on console(s)... or just use MAME on my pc or laptop :p

I'd love to get any of those Arcade1up machines or build my own custom unit. Sadly space is a premium here and if I want to play any arcade titles I'm limited to official releases on console(s)... or just use MAME on my pc or laptop :p
I wanted to get the arcade 1 up to with nba jam but wasn’t justifying $1500 or more for that with only 6 games or something on it.

Instead purchased an arcade Pandora’s box on eBay for $129 yep there’s some games missing but it’s got what I want. Mainly got it for the TNMT , NBA Jam, Street Fighter, MK , GTA2 and the Xmen games so a few missing titles doesn’t phase me to much.

I’ve just plugged it into a desktop monitor out in the man cave shed and use stools to sit on and get the same experience.

Going to get a family member who’s a cabinet maker to make one for me and I’ll look at sticking it up but I’ll wait till my son is a couple of years older and he can choose the wrap.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat - best in the trilogy for me. Fun game and the environment is amazing.

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition - Just starting this and I didn't realise Grim Dawn completely lifted the UI for their game from this. Enjoying it so far, but these kinda hack 'n' slash ARPG games can be a bit addictive with lengthy sessions, haha.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat - best in the trilogy for me. Fun game and the environment is amazing.

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition - Just starting this and I didn't realise Grim Dawn completely lifted the UI for their game from this. Enjoying it so far, but these kinda hack 'n' slash ARPG games can be a bit addictive with lengthy sessions, haha.

I tried replaying the series recently to prepare for the new one. Usually I can handle dated games but I'm really struggling with Shadow of Chernobyl. Graphically I can deal, but so much of the game systems feel so dated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tried replaying the series recently to prepare for the new one. Usually I can handle dated games but I'm really struggling with Shadow of Chernobyl. Graphically I can deal, but so much of the game systems feel so dated.
Yeah they did feel a bit that way to me as well. I'm glad I played the trilogy, but probably wouldn't go back to them. For some reason, I found CoP a lot better to play compared to CoS and CS, although the difference might be close to trivial.

Playing Gran Turismo 7.

First GT I've played in at least 15 years and they have come a long way. Last one I played was GT 4.
I played 4 but I think the last one I really got into was 3

PS2 was my last playstation so none of the more recent ones have been an option anyway

Old school doom on the PC yesterday. GZDoom really makes the movement have a much more modern feel to it.

On the mobile it's Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. Playing it daily since Nov 2015

Taking advantage of the free play weekend for WWE 2K24. It only further reinforces my point of view of only buying it when it's super cheap. Another game that improves in some areas, while regressing in others year on year.

I think the graphics (at least on pc) have taken a hit, looks a bit wonky animation-wise (some entrances I've seen so far). Granted I'm thinking that 2K have regressed and have given the pc platform the "previous gen" style treatment. Looks more cartoony than photo realistic in some respects. Year on year they improve some wrestlers and go backward on others. I think the model for Andre the Giant is a little off in 2K24, but was alright in 2K22/23. The Hulk Hogan 80's model looks great physique wise.... but this year they've given him a head that's a cross between NBA JAM's big head mode and Vigo from Ghostbusters 2!!!!

I'm now wasting time by conducting an experiment by also downloading it on console to see the graphical differences. 2K23 looked great on pc (and alright on console too) - everything had a certain sheen/shine to it which made the presentation stand out even more. But 2K24 looks dull in comparison. I've tweaked some settings and there's some improvement.... but it still doesn't look as good as last year imo. Hence why I'm now downloading it on console to see if I am right or if I'm going crazy.

Old school doom on the PC yesterday. GZDoom really makes the movement have a much more modern feel to it.

On the mobile it's Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. Playing it daily since Nov 2015

I still much prefer old school Doom/Doom 2 over 2016 Doom and Doom Eternal. Those games are just Doom in name (and enemies I guess lol) to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back