What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm watching/listening to some young music producer who's never heard of Pink Floyd listen to Dark Side of the Moon for the first time.

I haven't listened to it for years. Its easy to forget how ****en amazing a piece of music it is. But listening to this guy is a crack up.

Anyway its blowing him away and he hasn't even taken notice of the lyrics till Brain Damage.

At one point he says "I dunno ... has this album won any awards?"

LMAO.

I don't think he realises he's listening to one of the greatest records ever made.
Laughed when i saw a meme recently with older bloke asking a millenial about pink Floyd and the millenial replied i didn't know that was pinks surname.

I’ve always placed Wish You Were Here above Dark Side.
Both are stunning albums.
Does anyone do albums these days?
Late to this discussion, and although not my particular taste, both albums are undeniably great. I grew up with my older brother pumping both.

It does bring up something that I was recently discussing with a mate; how many great records make a great band? My contention is more than 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a sad story, and triumphant at the same time I guess. His playing on the last great Roth solo album ‘A lil’ ain’t enough’ is phenomenal
Totally agree, when i had a read up about Lou Gehrig's Disease, said it mostly hit people in late 40's to early 50's, an absolute talent, he copped it age 20yo, unbelievably shit luck, but he is still hanging in there, as you said, very sad, but inspirational at the same time.

Not listening to this at the moment.

IMG_20240903_173920.jpg

Who knows my chances of repairing it? I found it, obviously after someone decided to spray paint their Strat but didn't bother with masking tape. They must have then got the idea to remove it, but obviously being a dickhead, saved the screws by screwing them back into the neck. All the way through, punching out those frets.

I initially thought of using it to practise fret leveling and crowning but if I can fix it then all the better.

Not listening to this at the moment.

View attachment 2099585

Who knows my chances of repairing it? I found it, obviously after someone decided to spray paint their Strat but didn't bother with masking tape. They must have then got the idea to remove it, but obviously being a dickhead, saved the screws by screwing them back into the neck. All the way through, punching out those frets.

I initially thought of using it to practise fret leveling and crowning but if I can fix it then all the better.
Genuine fender neck?

If you fix it you could put it on an offset tele body for something completely different - tele bridge and P90 neck pickups.

Genuine fender neck?

If you fix it you could put it on an offset tele body for something completely different - tele bridge and P90 neck pickups.
Just a Squier neck. I got it for free (if it was a Fender I'd take it down to Jimmy's Guitar Works for the re-fret and repair). When the guy I got it from said he was going to burn it I said I'd take it to practice leveling but fixing it will fill in a bit more time over the off season.

I like the idea of an offset body - if only I had a CNC (hmmm, should I check if something is up on marketplace?).

I have a few strat loaded pickguards and even some humbuckers which I was going to swap into a les paulish guitar lying around. I'm just keeping an eye open for a body.

I did load some P90s into one of my son's squier strats and they really do rip. Just Chinese cheapies from Ali Express, but they do sound decent.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back