What did you learn from Round 21 this week ?

Remove this Banner Ad

damuzzdu

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2007
Hotel California
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
  • Leon Davis AA - lock for back pocket
  • Saints fans booing Luke Ball - learnt they sunk to a new low
  • Collingwood thou flat, still looking good.
  • Port are a basket case now confirmed
  • The bump is being umpired from our game :(
  • Hawks will go deep into Sept
  • Essendon getting Sir Jim, now can be called a success
  • WB - goneski, probably also Rocket
  • Carlton are a challenger, but must be kicking themsleves losing to WCE at Etihad
  • Football goes in cycles stop messing the game
  • Swans have opened up 8th place - so last 3 rounds might hold good deal of interest now, Freo & North still breathing...just
  • Buddy has the Coleman wrapped up

* Pies needed to be tested and passed, albeit just.
* Saints really do miss Hayes.
* Cyril is only going to get better.
* Like the look of Butcher for Port.
* Was it wise for Freo to play Sandilands - in basketball boots?
* Blues, whilst winning, need more options than just Eddie.
* Anyone who thinks Watson, Hocking, Howlett and Stanton is a shit midfield doesn't know much.
* Hall should re-consider retirement and either re-commit to the Dogs or offer his services to GWS.
* Black is still great.
* Can't see Suns winning again this year.
* Eagles will miss Shuey - Cox and Nic Nat not 100% either.
* Trengove >>>> Scully.
* Cotchin is a natural leader.
* Goodes needs help from umpires to have influence sometimes.
* Geelong just getting the job done.
* Crows don't look bad under Bickley.

• Carlton are a challenger, but must be kicking themsleves losing to WCE at Etihad
  • Swans have opened up 8th place - so last 3 rounds might hold good deal of interest now, Freo & North still breathing...just

Carlton were clearly outplayed by a team thats had 14 wins so far.
Stupid comment.

Prob kicking themselves because they lost to the dogs:rolleyes:

Yes because that's so much worse than your supporters chant to Milne. Can't have it both ways.

Also I learnt people will never learn with Carlton. They were apparently a serious contender earlier in the year only to be shot down by the eagles in Melbourne. Who have they beaten that's a contender themselves ? Beat Hawks this week and I'll start to believe some of the hype. Lose and it will be e same Carlton for the last 10 years.

* Pies needed to be tested and passed, albeit just.
* Saints really do miss Hayes.
* Cyril is only going to get better.

In front for 95% of the game. 6 goals up, took the foot off got 3 scored against us in junk time. That's not my definition of 'just'

- St Kilda still haven't beaten much all season. Some people are considering a 19 point loss a great result, but in reality the scoreboard flattered them with cheap late goals. Pies focused on bigger challenges ahead.

- Port Adelaide are in a horrible amount of trouble and we cannot read much into opposition performances against them in recent months.

- Delicious was... well.... delicious.

- Fremantle have been brave throughout the year, but it's curtains now.

- After being a skeptic for some time, I think Carlton deserve their position in the top 4, however due to circumstances I don't think they will stay there.

- After Round 21 last season, Essendon were 14th with a 7-14 (80%) record and just come off a thumping at home to Brisbane. 12 months on they are sitting 7th with a 10-1-9 (102%) record and coming off an 8 goal win over the Bulldogs with a similar poor run with injury during the year but more or less the same list. Anybody who questions the decisions made by the Essendon board at the end of last season knows nothing not only about football, but about business as well.

- I'm not sure anymore if Rodney Eade is the man to take the Bulldogs forward. Time for some fresh blood.

- Brisbane & the Gold Coast put on one of the poorest quality games the AFL has seen for some time. Won't do much for the game in that state, that's for sure.

- West Coast have been very impressive on the road this year and have really won all the games they've been expected too.

- The Swans have well and truly shot themselves in the foot now. Travelling two weeks in a row hasn't helped their cause.

- Another typical Tigers performance when their season is over and they are playing a travelling side at the MCG. Why lift for these ones when the pressure is off yet fail dismally against the likes of Port Adelaide & the Gold Coast? You'd be tearing your hair out following this mob...

- Bickley would have to be firming as Crows coach given this impressive performance against a Geelong side, who despite this, it's fair to say already have one eye focused on September.

In front for 95% of the game. 6 goals up, took the foot off got 3 scored against us in junk time. That's not my definition of 'just'

To be fair, based on the way Collingwood have played this year, winning by 6 goals could be considered a tight game, let alone 3.

- Kosi, Polo and Peake cost the saints A LOT of momentum with skills/inability to win contests.
- Riewoldt doesn't know how to pace himself
- Richmond reminded us that upsets can happen
- beating Freo in the west isn't the challenge it used to be
- Essendon look.....solid (that's all you're gonna get from me)
- Dogs are lost, season over and time to rethink their approach
- Port are even worse than I thought
- David Hale has been an EXCELLENT pick up
- Games are still being over-umpired (well Friday night definitely was)
- There's no point hitting Geelong and Collingwood with full force if you're going to lose your composure every time you enter your 50m zone

There was a bit of booing directed towards Ball and, while I didn't feel it wasn't necessary from Saints fans, it completely paled comparison to the booing Milne received for his 300 goal milestone and the chant that followed. Of course, this is nothing new nor a new low, so I didn't really learn this about (the loud majority) of Pies fans this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Saints deserve to play finals with their recent form

- Freo, sadly, don't really unless they're 100%

- I can't say much about Port. I've rarely seen such a basketcase of a side as they have been in the past few weeks

- Essendon, although not my favourite team, were good. High scoring game and they came out and did themselves proud

- Young teams are tiring horribly; Lions and GC was a terrible game but the fact that the Suns couldn't even be competitive against 15th should say all that needs to be said

- West Coast's resurrection has been my favourite story of this year and if they make Top 4 it'll make the finals very interesting

- Richmond need to play as well as they can when it matters

- The higher sides must be starting to hate getting scares from Adelaide

- Eagles can't put teams away.
- Gaff is a star.

This too.

Carlton were clearly outplayed by a team thats had 14 wins so far.
Stupid comment.

Prob kicking themselves because they lost to the dogs:rolleyes:

Why stupid...of course they were beaten by far superior side on the day...that is not in dispute. Just kicking themselves for letting a game that 7 out of 10 times they more than likely would win.

Thus they have let an opportunity go by that really now looks like an 8 point game.

14 wins - Use of hindsight to try to justify yr comment. Hmmm :eek:

When WCE played Carlton they did not have 14 wins at that point in time. WCE had not beaten anyone of note in Melb and sat on 8-4 having being spanked by over 50 pts last time WCE played in Melb.

Considering the previous AA he didn't deserve, it would be a travesty if he got two AA's after a very average, and very overrated career.

Not a thing. We're pretty much just waiting for the finals now (yeah there's some shuffling to happen with 3rd through 5th, but I'm not sure it makes much difference short of avoiding having to play a final in Perth).

Although you know it's not your day when Buddy kicks eight straight against you.

Remove this Banner Ad

What did you learn from Round 21 this week ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back