What each Club Needs

Remove this Banner Ad

edited in the spirit of honesty...
I thought Collingwood need a big name when you can't attract anyone bar Corrie and Wood?

You did a great job poaching Clement, Wakelin, Rocca, Buckley and Medhurst because you can't develop your own players. *cough* JoshFraser.

Your club is run by Pratt's son-in-law.

Carlton broke their membership record after we won our first spoon.

Your received Fraser for winning a spoon.

Basically what i believe Teams mainly need to draft to top up their lists

1. Melbourne - Key forward
2. West Coast - Midfielder
3. Fremantle - Midfield, Second ruck
4. Port Power - developing ruck, key forward
5. Essendon - Key Defenders
6. Carlton - another forward and key defenders
7. Bribane - Midfielders
8. Richmond - Ruckman, key forward
9. kangaroos -Mids and key forward
10. Collingwood - Mids, key forward
11.Sydney - Key position
12.Adelaide - Hlf backs, mids
13.St Kilda - Midfielders
14.Bulldogs - Key Forward
15.Geelong - Defenders
16.Hawks - Key defender

I think that you will find with first round picks a team will always draft the player they think is the best available at that point in the draft.

If ruckman of Nat and Vickery's quality (arguably the best players in the draft) were not in the draft i would put my house on it that neither freo or port would draft a ruckman just because they would want a ruckman.

I thought the Crows had pick 10 ??????

The Crows need a a key forward.

Freo needs a key team ! lol :thumbsu:

Crows have enough key forward prospects at the moment, they really need mids, half backs and a small crumbing forward - Bode retired end of 2007 after playing 1 game for the year and we still haven't replaced him.

And yes, Crows have pick 10, the op has messed up the draft order.

WCE don't need "midfielders", we need pace and good kicks who deliver the ball better. We also need less injuries and our young midfielders to phsically mature and gain game experience. But the worst thing last year was the lack of skill in kicking especially - looked like a bunch of kids a lot of the time (funny that).

C'mon NicNat!
"paran" you are a person after my own heart ! We drafted 4 midfielders last year (Masten, Ebert, Scott Selwood and mcGinnity). Three of them suffered injuries and had far less impact on the season than was hoped for, but they are all midfielders ! Having lost Braun I would like the Eagles to draft ONE new midfielder, preferably a pacy, "outside" type with good kicking skills !

Basically what i believe Teams mainly need to draft to top up their lists

1. Melbourne - Key forward
2. West Coast - Midfielder
3. Fremantle - Midfield, Second ruck
4. Port Power - developing ruck, key forward
5. Essendon - Key Defenders
6. Carlton - another forward and key defenders
7. Bribane - Midfielders
8. Richmond - Ruckman, key forward
9. kangaroos -Mids and key forward
10. Collingwood - Mids, key forward
11.Sydney - Key position
12.Adelaide - Hlf backs, mids
13.St Kilda - Midfielders
14.Bulldogs - Key Forward
15.Geelong - Defenders
16.Hawks - Key defender

I think the club has key forwards covered.

David Hale
Aaron Edwards
Drew Petrie
Josh Smith
Robbie Tarrant
Micheal Wundke
Leigh Brown

North needs a key defender, maybe even two.

WC need a gun potential elite midfielder, crumber, FF, backup ruck in case Seaby leaves next year.

A great draft for us in terms of need would be:

2: Natinui
18: Swift
20: Cornelius
36: Walters/Jetta

However, Westcoast always go Best Available. It has served us well over the years.

I think Freo need mainly mids with a developing Ruck + Key back.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Freo need developing key position players more then anything. Their spine of Grover, McPharlin, Pavlich, Tarrant are all 28 years or next year and with their youngest key position player outside of that spine being 24, Fremantle has a serous crisis of developing tall players on their list. If they don't stock up now they will find themselves in a spot of bother in 2-3 years time when they are forced to throw raw 17-18 year old Key position players to plug gaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that you will find with first round picks a team will always draft the player they think is the best available at that point in the draft.

If ruckman of Nat and Vickery's quality (arguably the best players in the draft) were not in the draft i would put my house on it that neither freo or port would draft a ruckman just because they would want a ruckman.
roo booys neeed key defender before anythin else mate

Remove this Banner Ad

What each Club Needs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back