What economic crisis - Hawks will break the all time record membership total in 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

walhawk

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2007
Box Hill
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill, Storm
Many clubs figures are up and the Hawks are aleady well over half way to be the first club to 51,000 members (over 27K ticketed already).

Footy will be bigger than ever next year with Blues, Tiges, Hawks, Pies & Bombers likely to be over 40K.

That will put even more pressure on the weaker teams if they can only get 25K members.
I have a feeling that the divide between rich and poor is going to widen.
Watch for relocation packages to GC & WS to be on the agenda again in 2009/10 as the AFL uses the 'GFC' to get what they want.

The big question is how are North going to replace the 10000+ opposition supporters who signed up last year. Hard to see them signing this year in tough economic times.

Many clubs figures are up and the Hawks are aleady well over half way to be the first club to 51,000 members (over 27K ticketed already).

Footy will be bigger than ever next year with Blues, Tiges, Hawks, Pies & Bombers likely to be over 40K.

That will put even more pressure on the weaker teams if they can only get 25K members.
I have a feeling that the divide between rich and poor is going to widen.
Watch for relocation packages to GC & WS to be on the agenda again in 2009/10 as the AFL uses the 'GFC' to get what they want.

I think this decade there has been a real increase in the awareness that membership (especially premium) equals chance at a GF ticket. Correct me if I am wrong, but Collingwoods massive rise came came at the time when they started to making the finals.

The other thing is that AFL memberships are good value. So in hard economic times, you might get a membership instead of doing other entertainment.

I am extremely happy about the strong membership figures at hawthorn but it can change very quickly.

Also, GC and WS won't get a relocated club. Tassie is the ones that should be licking their lips at a club going under.

JTMC

The big question is how are North going to replace the 10000+ opposition supporters who signed up last year. Hard to see them signing this year in tough economic times.

The bigger question will be how all the knobs sprouting this shit all year are going to backpedal when North's membership total proves that the amount of opposition members who signed up last year really wasn't that big.

As you said, in these economic times you wouldn't expect any charity memberships to come our way.

guys we have a long way to go before we reach freo, west coast and adelaide. Don't expect records just yet!

We have done a great job so far having said that! Well done Hawks supporters.

You Hawk fans have alot to thank Buddy Franklin for. The guy is going to sell tens of thousands of memberships over his career.

Sure, you won the premiership and have a very talented team. But its the 'buddy fever' that gives your club most of its buzz. Your very lucky to have him.

Take the thread back to the Hawks board, so many threads already from hawks supporters bragging about the memebership numbers. You just won a premiership so you should have the highest membership total.

Sad thing is its only december and im sick of the hawks supporters gloating already. Going to be a long build up to round one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, move this to our board!

But in the meantime, "Hi Sweetleftfoot and Mario, how's things?".

To the OP, you'd have to assume winning a flag has a positive effect on memberships...but really, do you brag about what is ultimately bandwagon supporters?? :eek:

Take the thread back to the Hawks board, so many threads already from hawks supporters bragging about the memebership numbers. You just won a premiership so you should have the highest membership total.

Sad thing is its only december and im sick of the hawks supporters gloating already. Going to be a long build up to round one.

Come on you would be the same if your team won the premiership too.

Well the club copped so much crap for its on and off field performances in the past from every which direction, I don't see a down-side in celebrating the good times when there are very good reasons to be excited.

Its better than Richmond having a party because of signing Ben Cousins, that's for sure.

A lot of people that signed up later last year will have signed up early this year due to the flag. No doubt your membership will increase but there's no way you'll get near 51,000. If you get past 40,000 I'll buy a Hawks membership myself.

A lot of people that signed up later last year will have signed up early this year due to the flag. No doubt your membership will increase but there's no way you'll get near 51,000. If you get past 40,000 I'll buy a Hawks membership myself.

That'll be +1 closer to 50,000 then ;)

Well we got 41000 last year, so I think at least 45-47k is reasonable.

If we get close to 50000 I'm sure it'd be interests in doing whatever possible to get it to the 50000 mark, it'd be a pretty significant goal.

At the least i reckon you'll be 100 bucks (junior membership?) out of pocket in 2009.

Remove this Banner Ad

What economic crisis - Hawks will break the all time record membership total in 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back