What economic crisis - Hawks will break the all time record membership total in 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

The big question is how are North going to replace the 10000+ opposition supporters who signed up last year. Hard to see them signing this year in tough economic times.

I Agree

What happened to the "White Knights" that JB was beating his chest about last year..............Was that all Bull....?

Seriously............The Roo's look like they could be in trouble :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by NQTIGER
Yeah we did......but most of it was on our board, stick to your own and noone has a problem,

If you want to wank over it do it in private

EXCUSE ME!!! On YOUR board, there were more Richmond posters on the AFL board than your own...If you don't like what you read in here, then why bother coming here? The last time I looked we lived in a democracy, where freedom of speech is allowed!!! I thought that the magpies had the worst supporters, but yours leave them for dead!!

I said most not all, cant you read and comprehend either????????

The big question is how are North going to replace the 10000+ opposition supporters who signed up last year. Hard to see them signing this year in tough economic times.

LOL. 10k?

We're on track to get 32k this year, demonstrating that as we've always said, the number of sympathy memberships was relatively small - 2 to 3k - and that our decision to stay in Melbourne saw us reclaim a huge section of our lost support.

Well done to the Hawks, but let's not forget you are achieving these numbers well over a decade since your near death experience. We've had one year.

You Hawk fans have alot to thank Buddy Franklin for. The guy is going to sell tens of thousands of memberships over his career.

Sure, you won the premiership and have a very talented team. But its the 'buddy fever' that gives your club most of its buzz. Your very lucky to have him.
STRANGE BUT TRUE.... a bit like JUDD fever down your way.....:rolleyes:

I'd like to see the mods change a certain poster's name to 'ManWithHawksMembership' when they hit 40k members.
I was unaware they had 40k members this year. Had I known I may have set my target at 45k. But the work is done now, so once they hit 40000 I'll be member #40001.

I was unaware they had 40k members this year. Had I known I may have set my target at 45k. But the work is done now, so once they hit 40000 I'll be member #40001.

I'll back you up then. I'll be member #45001. I can't let you sizzle on your own.

Oh why don't we all just buy hawks memberships. Its the new Geelong.

Did the hawks have 33,000 members in 2007?

45,000 nxt yr?

=

A shit load a bandwagoners.:thumbsdown:

45,000 nxt yr?

=

more like a crapload of newborns. seriously, in 2007 there was barely an infant in sight in the stands, and in 2008 there was one every 2 metres. thanks baby bonus

45,000 nxt yr?

=

don't worry, I'll retro-edit that post tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a large chunk of our Gold members have signed up early as it guarentee's a GF ticket if we make it. It was sold out and 2008 members had to renew before the end of Nov i think?

What does "Fortius Quo Fidelius" translate to? I really want to say "In mediocraty we trust".....bit that would be nasty!:p:D

Fair enough.

The figures I looked at were at the June 30 cutoff so it's conceivable that quite a few bought them after this date. I doubt they would have sold 5,000 in this period though. Were your supporters buying memberships after this date aware that it didn't entitle them to finals tickets?

Fortius Quo Fidelius?

Latin for 1 premiership, 27 wooden spoons and no bandwagoners.

Strength through Loyalty for short. ;)

Something which is very applicable for the people who support our football club year in year out.

Interestingly it's what Collingwood recruit Dayne Beams has tattooed on his chest. :confused:

A great effort by WC, if you already have 40,000 members. It sure makes a big difference if there are only 2 clubs in a big state like W.A. How many did you end up with this year?

Pretty rich coming from a whore club with a foot in two States. Let's not forget the 6 year waiting list for WCE memberships after coming 15th.

Enjoy the ride on your bandwagon

How many of these early memberships are auto renewals? Some clubs have 'em, some don't. That's a major reason for the discrepancy between some of the clubs and North, who for some reason either don't have that option or few people took it up.

Hawthorn's bandwagon is sure to slow up after Christmas I'd think.

numbers mean shit, it's the amount of money made that counts.

hawthorn right now with its prospects of success will probably sell every gold membership by mid-january if they aren't all gone already. that's the big thing, 7500 gold memberships at top dollar - the sort of thing a club with bottom 4 prospects can't hope to achieve. make the most of it while we're up.

How many of these early memberships are auto renewals? Some clubs have 'em, some don't. That's a major reason for the discrepancy between some of the clubs and North, who for some reason either don't have that option or few people took it up.

Hawthorn's bandwagon is sure to slow up after Christmas I'd think.

No auto renewal system this season.

Bandwagon or not they are rank and file members. I'm sure you'd be over the moon if your club was at a similar number before xmas.

Whether you like it or not. The fact is Hawthorn has an exciting team, just won the premiership, looks like a top 4 contender this season posted a 4 million dollar profit, and had a record number of memberships BEFORE THE GRAND FINAL WAS PLAYED!

Whether this pre-christmas membership boom is a result of bandwagon supporters or not, their money is vital to the ongoing success of the club, and if Hawthorn start drawing consistent crowds like the Pies and Dons then people may start to recognise the huge steps hawthorn has taken in the last 12 years.

Credit where it's due guys!

Gold and Kennedy (our two premium groups) were sold out last year, and didn't even make it to renewal time this year. They had to extend our allocation due to demand, and still not enough.

Many people are upgrading to Silver despite no upgraded seating available - essentially to get a better shot at the GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

What economic crisis - Hawks will break the all time record membership total in 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back