Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Warren Campbell was number 9 for North in 96. Played 19 games overall and none in 96.

Thanks mate, that's who I was going to suggest. Knew he was 9, but couldn't remember if he was still on the list in 1996, could see he didn't play any games.

Spent the best part of the last 2 hours going through this thread and I wasn't disappointed.

I've only just started collecting jerseys, at the moment I have 10 various NBA jerseys and about 20ish random North Melbourne guernseys. May post some pictures of the cooler ones tomorrow.

You guys have inspired me though. Bloody keen to get my hands on a match worn guernsey.

What's the thoughts of fellow collectors on Gold Coast's recent "conditions" for the clubs match worn auctions they have listed, as quoted below:

This Guernsey has been individually signed by David Swallow on the back across their playing number, and will be personalised to the winning bidder or to a person or organisation nominated by the winning bidder.

Terms & Conditions
1 The guernsey has been game worn and as such is considered ‘used’. It may contain rips, stains and other signs of use.
2 The player will sign the guernsey in one place only.
3 The player will include a personalised message made out to the winning bidder or to someone nominated by the winning bidder ie To Tom, go SUNS!
4 The winning bidder will be contacted by the Gold Coast SUNS to confirm the personalised message.
5 Due to the unique nature of the item, all sales are final.

Maybe its a once off due to the commemorative guernsey available at auction and wanting them to sell to a loyal supporter base or it could be a new trend .. (same conditions applied once last year for a Ablett Signed Match Worn). Not my club, but i am not the biggest fan of being forced into a personalised signature, unless given the choice or requested by the bidder.

What's the thoughts of fellow collectors on Gold Coast's recent "conditions" for the clubs match worn auctions they have listed, as quoted below:

Maybe its a once off due to the commemorative guernsey available at auction and wanting them to sell to a loyal supporter base or it could be a new trend .. (same conditions applied once last year for a Ablett Signed Match Worn). Not my club, but i am not the biggest fan of being forced into a personalised signature, unless given the choice or requested by the bidder.

It could be a club policy, I was able to get a G Ablett signed clash jumper this year (Retail), asked for just a signature but was told I would only get a personalised message along with signature which is what i got. I know his signature is worth a lot more and its fair enough that he wants to keep the value of his merch high, but may be a gold coast enforced thing, not 100% sure though. Maybe worried about selling at a profit etc etc

Surely the only reason for the enforced personalised message would be to prevent onsale at a higher cost. There'd be less interest on a jumper on eBay 5-10 years down the track if it said "To Barry" or something like that.

The Adelaide 36ers just did something very similar when auctioning off a Jason Cadee jersey. Had a choice of personalised message with your name. I hope this doesn't become a trend. Would rather have the jumper unsigned, unwashed, exactly as it came off the ground. Maybe that's just me.

It is to stop professional sports memorabilia groups/companies purchasing most of these guernseys (which they can do easily as they have more money than the general public) and then on selling them for a massive profit. If a guernsey is personalised it cannot be easily on sold and more likely to be personal bidders who want the guernsey for themselves rather than for business purposes.

It is a sad thing, but it protects the club and allows them to know fans are purchasing the goods they are selling. It is also the reason why many high profile players don't sign items.

3 latest acquisitions
Heart 3rd 2011/12
Heart 3rd 2012/13 (PI? Everything is printed on, not heat pressed nor stitched)
Australia International Rules 2001 Jumper
Heart3rd2.jpg Heart3rd.jpg InternationalRules.jpg

4583ca6c-35cc-4b91-885a-f8abae4d2f1d_zps6f78602a.jpg

Didn't know where to post this.

Seems strange a Essendon player wearing a peril to training. Even more strange is that it has number 22 on the back and where the burswood sponsor should be looks to be the eagles logo. I have only ever seen one jumper like this and its in the eagles soaring book, maybe a pre burswood prototype?

The number on the back is 22 which was worn by oconnell in 1987 whos nephew john Williams was on essendons list 07-10.

Anyone have any ideas

looks like a hawks jumper on the right too.
4583ca6c-35cc-4b91-885a-f8abae4d2f1d_zps6f78602a.jpg

Didn't know where to post this.

Seems strange a Essendon player wearing a peril to training. Even more strange is that it has number 22 on the back and where the burswood sponsor should be looks to be the eagles logo. I have only ever seen one jumper like this and its in the eagles soaring book, maybe a pre burswood prototype?

The number on the back is 22 which was worn by oconnell in 1987 whos nephew john Williams was on essendons list 07-10.

Anyone have any ideas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got an old 1995 Footscray guernsey from when I was just a baby, a 2009 Western Bulldogs Robo-Dog guernsey with #16 on the back, and a brand new Bulldogs hoops guernsey with #9 on the back. I also have numerous Victoria Bushrangers shirts, mostly the one day and Twenty20 shirts, and a Melbourne Stars singlet.
Seeing as I'm actually doing pretty well with my money at the moment I might try and grab a few others on my hitlist, like Fremantle and Melbourne's current guernseys, a pre-paddlepop Brisbane guernsey, an Arsenal jersey which will no doubt be out of date within about 3 months, and a Melbourne Victory jersey. Wouldn't mind getting an official Port Adelaide prison bars guernsey if they manage to wear one for Heritage Round if that's still going.

2013 port power signature gurnsey (all signatures printed on it) with #20 on the back (chad wingard)
2012 port power gurnsey home
2011 port power gurnsey clash
2004 port gurnsey from when we won premiership
My football club gurnsey PDFC
Barcelona kit 2013-14 away
Barcelona kit 2012-13 home
West coast eagles gurnsey 2012 home with #4 on back
2012 man united gurnsey
Go the power!!

2013 port power signature gurnsey (all signatures printed on it) with #20 on the back (chad wingard)
2012 port power gurnsey home
2011 port power gurnsey clash
2004 port gurnsey from when we won premiership
My football club gurnsey PDFC
Barcelona kit 2013-14 away
Barcelona kit 2012-13 home
West coast eagles gurnsey 2012 home with #4 on back
2012 man united gurnsey
Go the power!!
Nayfan if you really love the PAFC we have to chat about the usage of "Port Power"

Got this Russell athletic PI off eBay for $30 BIN... No player listed for the number for this era anyone know who the signature may be? image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back