Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh Im happy with it. I didnt want to buy it online because I wasnt entirely convinced that it would be all that, so I went out to the Port Shop to see it in the flesh/fabric and liked it.
The fella at the Port Shop said the teal jumpers have been hugely popular and theyre look at having to make another order to fill the demand, and thats before it is even seen in the NAB Cup/Challenge.
That's excellent news. Is the material any different than previous years? I think I heard someone say they weren't as tight.

It is great news, fantastic money spinner for the club. The material is slightly different to the 2014 EF PBs, a bit more silky i reckon but hardly noticeable IMO. I cant really comment on the sizing though because my 2014 PBs is a 2XL and my teal Pre Season is a XL but they both fit well but the XL is a bit smaller which makes sense.

It is great news, fantastic money spinner for the club. The material is slightly different to the 2014 EF PBs, a bit more silky i reckon but hardly noticeable IMO. I cant really comment on the sizing though because my 2014 PBs is a 2XL and my teal Pre Season is a XL but they both fit well but the XL is a bit smaller which makes sense.
Awesome. Can't wait for mine.

I'm not too sure on the specific year, but today I picked up what appears to be an Eagles 2000-2002 player issued bag. Can any of the West Coast folk on here provide any more information?

DSCN2557_zps7004df1c.jpg
DSCN2562_zps74089437.jpg
That's awes. Im always keen on adding a few wce bags to my collection. When I saw JK at hospital this year with the broken cheek he had a leather puma mini backpack personalised with his number. Would love one of them

Gibbsy, were you interested in a swooping magpie jumper?

as promised heres the back of the tracksuit top and the size labels of the jacket. I have the matcjing tracksuit bottoms too.i'm also uploading pics of an unusual kangaroos top i also have - unlike all the other ones i put up which were match worn, i'm pretty sure the roos top is a slightly odd replica?!

Grabbed a few more match worn Crows jumpers.

Very happy to finally land a Roo. Pity about the sigs, and still want to get a home version, but this will suffice for now.

As well as a bunch of other 2000 jumpers

Rehn

Robran

Goodwin

Smart

And lastly, a late 90s McLeod training. Always loved the simplicity of these.

I live in IReland so I pretty much have to ship internaitonally for almost everyone :D

These are the 3 collingwood items I have:

- Collingwood player worn trackuit top - immmacualte condition - I also have the matching tracksuit bottoms but these have been heavily used over 10 years!
- Collinwood Shane O'Bree match worn #11 guernsey in 2 games in 2004, first game was the wizard cup 1st round v. West coast, second game was against St. kilda in round 8 - numbers heat presseed, not subliminated - w/ CoA
- Collingwood player worn training polo top _ roughly 2012 - no CoA

I can't figure out how to message you but if you message me it'll come up as an alert and I can reply!

Cheers

Barry

I have a melbourne tigers Jersey from their last season
Melbourne victory youth 2014/15 jersey
Collingwood Luke Rounds PI 2011 Clash
Oklahoma City Thunder Jersey and shorts
Trying to get the Collingwood indigenous Guernsey, yellow training top or barcode jumper

I live in IReland so I pretty much have to ship internaitonally for almost everyone :D

These are the 3 collingwood items I have:

- Collingwood player worn trackuit top - immmacualte condition - I also have the matching tracksuit bottoms but these have been heavily used over 10 years!
- Collinwood Shane O'Bree match worn #11 guernsey in 2 games in 2004, first game was the wizard cup 1st round v. West coast, second game was against St. kilda in round 8 - numbers heat presseed, not subliminated - w/ CoA
- Collingwood player worn training polo top _ roughly 2012 - no CoA

I can't figure out how to message you but if you message me it'll come up as an alert and I can reply!

Cheers

Barry
Maggotz I just tried sending you a mesage but it cam eup with a red warning - I think you have to message me first.

Thanks

Barry

Have added a few more to the collection over the past few months.

Brad Crouch 2014 Match Worn
n6HVabe.jpg
WJWmwSu.jpg

Cam Ellis-Yolmen Round 5 'names on Guernseys' PI 2014.
SxDq7sU.jpg
Vrlb8ZX.jpg

Jason Porplyzia SANFL 2014 Match worn
VJF1X2k.jpg
ECgjrsw.jpg

Nigel Smart Match Worn Rd 11 2004. Smarty's 2nd last game. (The heartbreaker where Fev kicked the goal to win the game with a minute or two to go)
GYSf5Fp.jpg
RjzPFjD.jpg

Greg Gallman Clash PI 2008

TVibKi0.jpg
d3Yrvgi.jpg

Brett Burton Match Worn Round 3 2010 v Melbourne. Kicked 3 goals.
peQsRG4.jpg
u4jRsau.jpg

Grantley Fielke PI 1991-1992.
Very happy with this pick up which was bought by the previous owner from an auction house in 1997. Had done a bit of research and noted that the unusual number positioning and stitching style was consistent with the 1991-92 long-sleeve Crows Guernseys. Also the collarless long sleeve Guernseys were for players only (retails had collars.) When I contacted the seller I was stocked to hear the Guernsey's history. Although player issued and training worn it was not match worn which is the only slight downside. But it's a beauty regardless.
1DHvuGg.jpg
5nG08sg.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Cuz was let out of the bag and spotted by a few last week, but i was very fortunate to get this one in recently to add to the Cousins and West Coast collection. It's not the match worn 2006 i've been searching for, but it's pretty good!

2006 Ben Cousins Heritage Round Player Issue and Signed Guernsey
2Cousins 2006 Heritage.jpg

Ben missed this game due to being rested. In 2006 he was taking some big hits from the opposition. All signs point to this jumper being Training Worn, which is awesome!

The jumper originally came from Ben himself to a business at the time, via a private signing session. Displays a few pulls, light marks both on the outside and inside. Have found a photo of him wearing the heritage strip along with Coxy, at training the week leading up to heritage round.

a_170706spteagles9_1a2a5sg-1a2a5sq.jpg

Have a got a few non-west coast additions i'll try post up this week too, once i get some photo's.

Last edited:
Fitzroy:

OSvu3Ukb.jpg
a4zJYDJb.jpg
1996 PI #47 Rounds 1-10
gGnKXRFb.jpg
yLWqvAVb.jpg
1996 PI # 48 rounds 11-22 signed by John McCarthy

aYeUGCub.jpg
kBume15b.jpg
1996 Heritage Replica #1 signed by Bernie Quinlan
U4SytBeb.jpg
1996 Pre Season Replica
4pRSTDcb.jpg
7PcfpX4b.jpg
2007 Brisbane Lions Heritage Jonathan Brown PI

I've got one of those 1996 Fitzroy heritage jumpers you have there which is #1 and signed by Bernie Quinlan as well! I just saw on ebay he is posting another jumper!!! I think we've been duped on this one mate.

Here's the ad for the other one he is posting. It's the exact ad that he used for one I purchased as well!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GREAT-FI...=AU_Sport_AFL_Memorabilia&hash=item339877175e

Would you consider selling any of these other ones?

Last edited:
I've got one of those 1996 Fitzroy heritage jumpers you have there which is #1 and signed by Bernie Quinlan as well! I just saw on ebay he is posting another jumper!!! I think we've been duped on this one mate.

Here's the ad for the other one he is posting. It's the exact ad that he used for one I purchased as well!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GREAT-FI...=AU_Sport_AFL_Memorabilia&hash=item339877175e

Would you consider selling any of these other ones?

Hey mate,
I wouln't say we've been duped, the 96 heritage is a replica that was released in 1996. It's not a MWor a PI as such but a 'special memorabilia replica' (for lack of a better term) with sublimated numbers etc. I met the guy who sells them on ebay. He owns a memorabilia store in melb and bought a few back in the day and got them signed by Bernie.

Unfortunately the others are prized possessions so won't be selling sorry mate. Keep you're eye out though, as rare as they are they do pop up every now and again. In weird places too. Good luck!

Hey mate,
I wouln't say we've been duped, the 96 heritage is a replica that was released in 1996. It's not a MWor a PI as such but a 'special memorabilia replica' (for lack of a better term) with sublimated numbers etc. I met the guy who sells them on ebay. He owns a memorabilia store in melb and bought a few back in the day and got them signed by Bernie.

Unfortunately the others are prized possessions so won't be selling sorry mate. Keep you're eye out though, as rare as they are they do pop up every now and again. In weird places too. Good luck!

What a relief!

Was a bit skeptical given the exact same item, item description and even pictures were being used for both the ad I purchased from and the current one he has on there. Sent him an email to clarify the misunderstanding.

Cheers for that!

What a relief!

Was a bit skeptical given the exact same item, item description and even pictures were being used for both the ad I purchased from and the current one he has on there. Sent him an email to clarify the misunderstanding.

Cheers for that!
No drama. Happy to help.

Yeah I agree, Fitzroy didn't have sublimated guernsey's for 96, so surely any genuine, or replicas from 96 would be old woolen type, or at least have stiched on badges.

I'm happy with the jumper itself. It's very nice and great quality. I was more concerned with the possibility that the seller was just forging fake jumpers with fake signatures (I would rather have no signature to be honest, however if it does have one, I'd need some proof of it's authenticity).

If it's a replica or remake of that jumper I'm not too concerned (I'm not quite up to speed with the technical terms for these types of jumpers).

My original understanding is that it's simply the consumer version that was sold during the year; if it were to be made post-1996, when and in what circumstances do you think this jumper would have been manufactured and available to the public?

I'm happy with the jumper itself. It's very nice and great quality. I was more concerned with the possibility that the seller was just forging fake jumpers with fake signatures (I would rather have no signature to be honest, however if it does have one, I'd need some proof of it's authenticity).

If it's a replica or remake of that jumper I'm not too concerned (I'm not quite up to speed with the technical terms for these types of jumpers).

My original understanding is that it's simply the consumer version that was sold during the year; if it were to be made post-1996, when and in what circumstances do you think this jumper would have been manufactured and available to the public?

Re-enactment jumpers were made for the following clubs to celebrate the centenary of the AFL in 1996:
Essendon v Geelong
Collingwood v St Kilda
Carlton v Fitzroy
Melbourne v Sydney

All jumpers were made by Sekem even if the teams had arrangements with other manufacturers. St Kilda was with Puma at the time while I think Melbourne was with Nike.

The player issue jumpers were made from Sportswool (polyester/wool combo) while the relpicas were 100% polyester. Replicas were available in small quantities from Myer Melbourne.

Here's an ad for the jumpers that appeared in a footy Record in 1996:
A54l9FCCEAAICrS.jpg

As for the authenticity of Mr Doyle's merchandise I got my PI Collingwood re-enactment jumper from his shop many years and am very happy with it. 100% genuine.

Alh3vWiCMAAn99-.jpg

Yeah I agree, Fitzroy didn't have sublimated guernsey's for 96, so surely any genuine, or replicas from 96 would be old woolen type, or at least have stiched on badges.

Yeah fitzroy sublimated onto sportswool for the second half of the 96 season. I have a PI which is in one of the photos above. First half of the year they used older woolen guernseys. All badges were still stitched onto the sportswool guernseys except for the Ffc monogram which was sublimated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back