Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

you have great eyes,badge only overlaps by mm,s,i have no proof it was worn by him,but it may have been

It's not so much the (tiny) overlap but more the fact there's normally noticeable navy underneath the logo before the first hoop.

Maybe you have Clayton Lamb's guernsey? :)

if you dont know what you are talking about you should not comment,all crows numbers had foam backing on numbers for at least the first 3 years,stop guessing and giving false information

He didn't say it's not legit - he just questioned it which is perfectly reasonable and one of the great things about this thread.

Fakes don't get through, and authentic get through with scrutiny. Good system.

i played footy in this era and all numbers were sewn on with a foam backing until the mid ninety,s,

"all"

Did you play every team and see every Guernsey there was to see?

Foam backed numbers on sekem afl jumpers? I was reliably informed by sekem that they used leftover shorts material for there numbers on the players matchday jumpers. I have never seen foam backed shorts. Maybe sekem were mistaken but i doubt it.

sorry mate,but i listed guernsey on gumtree today and it sold within 3 minutes and had another 5 texts and phone calls of people wanting to buy it,its packed ready to be posted monday maybe you should have bought it
No sorry i dont purchase jumpers with foam backed numbers. Just seems a little cheap looking to me. If you sold it.....well done....you should be happy not upset.

At the moment... Essendon's 2008 jumper

Essendon AFL
A hand me down woolen guernsey Gary O'Donnell signature 10.
I have a heritage guernsey from when we played Hawthorn in 2006 signature allover from Dustin Fletcher to Joe Misiti.
2014 guernsey various signed including Carlisle and Dempsey.
Grey heritage round guernsey never worn, too large but same size as my
Number 9 2015 guernsey signed Brendon Goddard.

Soccer
Liverpool away black
Liverpool home white
Chelsea home

NBA
Ewing new York singlet
Shaw Orlando singlet

MLB
Wells blue jays

Last edited:
A big HUGE thankyou to you,Chris, for doing this for me! I hope S.A and Norwood fans get a kick(pardon the pun!) out of them. Cheers you gem.
Those guernseys are phenomenal Sunny64. That SA state one is the most impressive I've ever seen posted on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you dont know what you are talking about you should not comment,all crows numbers had foam backing on numbers for at least the first 3 years,stop guessing and giving false information

Haha, false inforation. I'd like to see a picture of these foam numbers on a genuine early 90's crows guernsey? I'll accept I'm wrong if there's some proof? It seems strange for do it for the Crows, but not other teams??

I know you never claimed this Modra was the real thing, but to say all crows guernseys for the first 3 years had padded numbers, seem to point to you wanting this one to be real.

You seem to be very quick to pick on other people's stuff they post on here, and give them shit for collecting retails, or "new" guernseys, and then if anybody disagrees with your POV, you fly off the handle!

And the comment about you playing footy for 3 decades with foam padded numbers was funny. What the f**k does that have to do with how AFL quality guernseys were made back in the day? Do they use the exact same processes? So should I assume that my junior footy club jumpers from 20 years ago, that were actually the same colour and design as the crows guernseys, were made exaclty the same as the genuine issues??? It's a ridiculous argument, and has absolutely nothing to do with how Sekem made their guernseys, and more importantly, their numbers.

I've seen a few collectors on here over the years post some early corws stuff, and honestly, I don't think the numbers were padded, but again, if they were, then I'm happy to accept I was wrong.

23_fan will have the answer for us, pretty sure he's got a few early crows guernseys.

I don't wanna be a nitpicker again ... But unless you have a COA for this one, it's unlikely to Bernie's.

It's the right size at least (I believe L) but Puma did a retail authentic run in 2013 for Vince, Dangerfield, and Walker. Identical to what the players were issued, but available in all sizes.

Those guernseys are phenomenal Sunny64. That SA state one is the most impressive I've ever seen posted on here.
Am so thrilled you like them! Am very proud myself at their condition after all these years. My Grandfather, Harry Krome, made his great great grandkids have an intimate connection with the great Redlegs! Cheers.X

Just had to clean this thread up a bit guys, things started getting a bit personal/off-topic for a bit there.

sharks1992, you have some great jumpers in your collection. By all means continue to post them, but please don't take it so personally if people ask questions about it or spot some inconsistencies in what you believe you have. The best thing about this place is that everybody notices different things, and as a collective we can almost always identify/date jumpers to a specific year or time period (just look at that Port jumper posted during in the week). Its a fantastic tool/resource that you should use to your advantage. Getting personal with people based on the state they live in or the fact that their information doesn't align with yours won't be tolerated.

Is the neck of this one folded in, or is it missing the small bib piece (looks like a 2013/2014 neck hybrid in this pic)?

Same deal as the 2013 Bernie ... 2014 had authentic retails of Dangerfield and Sloane.

This is a small ... And a tiny small at that. Certainly not anything that ever went near Danger himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back