Remove this Banner Ad

acursi08

Debutant
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
This is my first thread so go easy on me please. :D
I don't think Essendon need more speedy players as much as we need in and under players with good foot skills in the midfield (hard nuts). (e.g like a Daniel Kerr)
Matthew Knights said that we need improve our skills and i agree. But i also think that our main focus should be trying to be tighter in the middle of the ground, more man on man footy. When Essendon played Hawthorn the second time this year it was way to loose and that's why we got thumped. What Essendon should really work towards is being the number 1 team in the comp when not having possession of the football. When I was watching Collingwood these finals in their loss to Geelong, I was really impressed with their pressure. They almost got over the line just because they really took it to their opponents in the middle. I think that when Davey and Jetta return next year the pressure and tackling will lift a notch but you can really see the difference when they were out. Just imagine Essendon can be a side that applies a lot of pressure with players like Davey, Jetta, Lovett, Slatery, Mcveigh and Nash all over the ground. So in saying all this, please tell me your thoughts and make some suggestions in what players Essendon should try getting.

I agree - our pressure in the 2nd half of the season was terrible. Watching Geelong on Saturday for every run and carry the player with the ball could rely on his teammates shepherding and providing moving targets - whereas the Bombers seem to be flat footed and solo, inviting pressure, bad decisions and bad disposal. Lovett, Davie and Jetta can change the nature of a game with there tackling - we need them fit and on the field.

I agree - our pressure in the 2nd half of the season was terrible. Watching Geelong on Saturday for every run and carry the player with the ball could rely on his teammates shepherding and providing moving targets - whereas the Bombers seem to be flat footed and solo, inviting pressure, bad decisions and bad disposal. Lovett, Davie and Jetta can change the nature of a game with there tackling - we need them fit and on the field.

Yeah I agree 100%

Sheedy seriously shudn't have dropped jetta..

cuz he was dropped for poor form
then did his groin in the reserves!
ahhh.
Davey and Jetta made good as pressure
but then wen they both got injured, we were gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

What I think would improve EFC in 2008 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back