What I want to see against the Cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand that you guys be out for blood this week after what happened last week. Just wondering if you would be looking for a bit more controlled aggression as focusing too much on the man might take the focus off the ball and winning the match.

The way i see it, every player of yours puts their head over the ball and play good tough footy and you're every chance of winning. Going the man just for the sake of it will just result in reports, free kicks and ultimately hurting your chances of winning.

Play hard, physical and fair and you're every chance to win free kicks yourself, maybe even draw some blood and then on top of that, perhaps even win the match.

I can understand that you guys be out for blood this week after what happened last week. Just wondering if you would be looking for a bit more controlled aggression as focusing too much on the man might take the focus off the ball and winning the match.

I agree, mostly it needs to be directed towards the ball but you can call a team soft & expect nothing so Mitch needs to be held accountable, nothing dirty but make him earn everything.

I think he's been listening to too many Carlton supporters blowing smoke up him & to say things like that about an opposition team shows he's the new FIGJAM, just without the ability.

I'll be interested to see who lines up on him game day.

The way i see it, every player of yours puts their head over the ball and play good tough footy and you're every chance of winning. Going the man just for the sake of it will just result in reports, free kicks and ultimately hurting your chances of winning.

Play hard, physical and fair and you're every chance to win free kicks yourself, maybe even draw some blood and then on top of that, perhaps even win the match.

We haven't come close to beating you guys for a number of years. Not even close. After a 186 point drubbing last week, a win against your guys is simply not possible. So what we would like to see, is at least some pride in the club and hurt some Carlton players. Fairly or not, I don't really care to be honest. As long as the Carlton players walk(or limp) off with a different feeling towards our club. We can't be labelled 'soft' by another club and just stand back and do nothing. The result is irrelevant...

?

That's what all Melbourne supporters want. I dont think people here actually want us to start fights we wont achieve anything, we want our players to attack the footy and win!

Dear Todd , just a few suggestions for you .
1. Get schwab and connelly in a room and tell them to stay the hell away from the players or you'll belt the crap out of them.
2.Get the players together and tell them if they try to get involved in the politics going on down there , you'll belt the crap out of them too.
3. Ask them to explain how getting belted by 189 pts is showing support for their coach (imagine what would happen if they didn't like the coach)
4. Tell the captain if he ever cracks the shits on the field again ,he can go and play at casey .
5. Any one that doesn't put his body on the line ,will be dropped.
6. Tell them you don't care if the whole team gets reported ,just show us something you bunch of ********s .
7. repeat 1 and 2 till it sinks in.
Good luck Todd .

..super post..!!.. .... ..to be honest, i can't remember vividly such a smacking as what happened last week, i'm genuinely morbidly interested to see how much damage was done to the fabric/psyche of your playing group.. .... ..i also think that it was the worst kind of neccessary medicine that you had to swallow.. ..the rest of this season's on-field performances is little, compared to the heavy work that needs to be done off-field and all the decisions both on and off field required during your off-season..

..both our teams have been mega-shite during the past decade, and yet neither copped such a belting when we were shoddy spoon teams.. ..the only real thing that needs to be addressed after this weeks game is how the playing group responds [more-so leaders] cos they've escaped a lot of deserved criticism this year.. ..but they sure did dig themselves a well to climb out of..

Does anyone know if John Nicholls, the living symbol of the Carlton Football Club, will be able to watch the game?

I do not know what the facilities are like at Barwon.

Perhaps it gets piped into each cell . . . . . . and into the laundry room where Big Nicks runs his 'business'.

Does anyone know if John Nicholls, the living symbol of the Carlton Football Club, will be able to watch the game?

I do not know what the facilities are like at Barwon.

Perhaps it gets piped into each cell . . . . . . and into the laundry room where Big Nicks runs his 'business'.

Sad, and rather childish.

Sad, and rather childish.

Could not agree more - but Big Nick's record is longer than the White Album.

Would you agree with that proposition? He is a natural icon at the Cheats.

To those who have demanded that Melbourne's players go hard at the man with the intention of purposely injuring Carlton's players, I ask, with all due respect, what is that going to achieve for your club?

You'll lose your label as soft. You'll gain a label as being dirty.
You WILL lose the game because you won't focus on winning the ball if you focus on trying to kill our players.
Your players will get reported.
The week after you face a West Coast team that is going for top 4 and you will be undermanned from those players getting reported.

So not only will you have been massacred by Geelong, you will be massacred by Carlton because you will not go out with any intention of playing football, only an intention to play as bullies and then you will play an undermanned team against West Coast and get massacred again.

Instead, why not go hard at the ball, make us earn our marks and play actual football?

To those who have demanded that Melbourne's players go hard at the man with the intention of purposely injuring Carlton's players, I ask, with all due respect, what is that going to achieve for your club?

You WILL lose the game because you won't focus on winning the ball if you focus on trying to kill our players.
The week after you face a West Coast team that is going for top 4 and you will be undermanned from those players getting reported.

So not only will you have been massacred by Geelong, you will be massacred by Carlton because you will not go out with any intention of playing football, only an intention to play as bullies and then you will play an undermanned team against West Coast and get massacred again.

Instead, why not go hard at the ball, make us earn our marks and play actual football?

I think you're missing the point of the thread - it's more in jest than anything else. No Melbourne fan would want our players to intentionally hurt someone else (apart from Juddy) and we just want them to go hard at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd need a D10 Bulldozer to hurt Robbo. Hope you blokes come out swinging and we get a good game to watch...

You could slap the bloke with a lettuce leaf.

I'm sure Mitch will love all the attention. He'll feed off it... you're best just to scrag him constantly and significantly hamper his impact. That'll hurt him more than a few choice words or timely bumps. He has a hard head, so trying to brutalise him physically isn't really going to work. He's a masochist.

He has a hard head because nothings in it. He's a simpleton.
But why focus on Robinson anyway, the dolt is not worth the attention as he's not very good. However if Beamer went Rod Grinter v Terry Wallace style and then ripped off his foot and jambed it in his mouth where it belongs, i would be happy.

But I agree Biff. A bare minimum, his ear should be replaced with his nose. :thumbsu:

You guys are hilarious on the Carlton board :D.

I suggest looking up the words 'relative' and 'figurative'.

Take your time.

Tragically we seem to be the only team in the AFL without a little **** (Milne, Harvey, Carrazzo, Ballentyne, King etc.) who niggle all day and then dive and are rewarded with a free kick. As much as I think the AFL need to look at this I now think it's time we joined the league of ordinary gentlemen.

1 - Hammer the **** Carrazzo, if he niggles make the free kick worth it (if you know what I mean)
2 - Bruise Robinson. 'Dead arms' all game. Bullies like him will cry for mamma.
3 - Jones, Tapscott etc - as my old hockey coach used to say "You cant score on your arse". Put Judd, Murphy, Gibbs etc on their arses all day, hard.
4 - Yarran and Betts need minimal discouragement.

Could not agree more - but Big Nick's record is longer than the White Album.

Would you agree with that proposition? He is a natural icon at the Cheats.

Sure, Big Nick did time. I don't think he'd be proud of that fact, nor would anyone at the club.

What's that got to do with Melbourne and Carlton having remarkably similar records when it comes to 'cheating' in the AFL though?

What's that got to do with Melbourne and Carlton having remarkably similar records when it comes to 'cheating' in the AFL though?
Big difference between being caught & owning up I'd say.

Yes both are wrong but how would you rather be found out?

The apparent hatred for Robinson is interesting.

The context of what he said is probably important. He was referring to Ratten's instructions at quarter time when he felt CARLTON was playing bruise-free football and playing into Melbourne's hands. From this the inference is that Melbourne prefers to play bruise free football (as I understand it, uncontested). Not a horrible call. Carlton won by using bigger and harder bodies to win the pill and give it to our better users, whereas Melbourne struggled to win the clearances and contested ball.

I would say he gave a fair but blunt assessment. He didn't call you soft, he said you played better football when you had a bit of time and space and that it was a stated goal of the coaching staff to prevent this.

Media beat-up really

Mitch's comments were: "they didn't want a bruise game" and the 'bruise-free tag' was originally said by Billy Brownless and then immediately parroted by Armfield, who admittedly isn't the most media savvy individual we have at the club.

Just clearing that up, it doesn't really matter if you want your players to attack the man, no coach in the world (in this day and age) would instruct his players to do that, get reported, etc etc Why not just hope for a spirited performance without the scummy tactics?

Here's a thought. Hope that Melbourne come out and play great football. You have some skilful players, some great youngsters etc. Sure, the game last weekend was a blight, but you (and I) know your team is better than that. Hope that they show it against Carlton (and in the other games this season).

Carrying on like morons at a bar fight, hoping for busted heads, blood etc. just shows the intellect of the posters. maybe you prefer WWF or a night in King Street to an AFL game. Give 50 metre penalties away if you want, it just puts us closer to goal. You really don't have enough hard men to dish out any rough stuff anyway. You have youngsters whose parents want them to play disciplined football in a respected team.

It's unlikely that Melbourne will win, but why don't we all settle for a good clean contest. I don't have any problems with players showing a little 'desire'. Melbourne aren't a dirty team and surely you don't want them to become one. Hopefully, Carlton players won't be asked to 'answer the call' but rest assured they will if called upon.

Melbourne supporters labelling us 'cheats' is also very interesting if not hypocritical. Check your own performance over the past few years with regard to draft picks.

I want to see us bust some heads.
Along with plenty of Trengove-style sling tackles.
Make them earn the footy!

Love it.

Sort of like 'The people's elbow'

[YOUTUBE]ixFlWQuF9k0[/YOUTUBE]

The Jack's finishing move: 'The people's tackle'

'Hey Demetriou you fat girbroni, The Jack says you can take your 3 week suspension, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass'

'The most electrifying move in sports entertainment today'

'If ya smeeeeeeell...what The Jack....is cookin'

[YOUTUBE]sv7ZH-NKuIs[/YOUTUBE]

'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back