Review Dees v the Despicable Carlton Cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

Good: Got the 4 points
Bad: Confirmation that we are an average footy club.
Ugly: Skills horrific for about the 5th week in a row.
Carlton play shit footy, Just bad footy and they bring everyone down to their level. Just look at almost all their games this year and they've all just about played out the same way last night'sdid.

They don't get flogged but they don't really come close either.

I know we love to blow steam up Collingwoods ass, but they also beat Carlton in the exact same way we did tonight (except Collingwood were more accurate).
I'm not gonna take too many negatives out of last night, but yeah in the end I agree it was a bit of a nothing game

Last edited:
Fritsch was pretty damn good last night,
I know we see him as just a goalkicker but last night showed he can definitely do more and work up the ground a bit more.

Only thing holding him back is that he's been a bit less accurate than 2021 and 2022

Carlton play s**t footy, Just bad footy and they bring everyone down to their level. Just look at almost all their games this year and they've all just about played out the same way last night'sdid.

They don't get flogged but they don't really come close either.

I know we love to blow steam up Collingwoods ass, but they also beat Carlton in the exact same way we did tonight (except Collingwood were more accurate).
I'm not gonna take too many negatives out of last night, but yeah in the end I agree it was a bit of a nothing game
Probably the only game I can ever remember where we never got 4 goals up and never felt even slightly threatened.

How good was JVRs goal and the pumping the arms up for the ground, feels like he's really embracing the Rooooooo! Kid is a jet.
Am I correct in saying that pump up was in front of a mostly Carlton contingent? Giving it to them? Think I looked down from level 2a and saw mostly navy blue and white

Yeah it wasn't for pleasure more from an analytical point of view to pick up on things I miss live at the ground. So call me nerd homer simpson style 😎

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the only game I can ever remember where we never got 4 goals up and never felt even slightly threatened.
Yeah I was OTC but it felt a very comfortable game. I’m usually screaming at the TV and while our skills were abysmal it never really looked like Carlton were a threat.

Just watched the replay, we really dominated the game but really shot ourselves in the foot with poor kicking at goal and poor delivery into the forward 50. Need reward for dominace because the best teams will punish you, particularly Collingwood.
Yeah the problem is our gameplan is set up to hurt the oppo on turnover. The only way we are beating the Pies next weekend is if our pressure is through the roof across the ground, and the only time I've truly seen that from us this year was that first quarter against Hawthorn. Maybe there's been another quarter or so here and there, but I can't see us magically either changing our gameplan in a week or being able to flick a switch with the pressure.

Good to win, should've won by more - Carlton have been playing shit grind out games the past month v Dogs / Swans / Pies, so expecting a pretty game was unrealistic.

Forward stocks big concern, TMac injured, BBB is done, Smith is a 3rd tall, JVR needs support.

Viney looks cooked.

Goody intimating that we are in a heavy training load period by saying 'we are building to play our best footy at the end of the year' etc? Just farking win games.

Too many blokes out of form, good to see Lingers + May + Gawny back in better form last night

I feel the same way re. Tommo but god damn he was glacial slow compared to McKay. Hoping Petty is slotted straight back into defence when he returns. We are a better team (specifically defence) with him there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tomlinson should not still be getting senior games - he's pretty much finished as an AFL player unfortunately

We should have torched the blues. We couldn’t miss early in the season. Now struggling with accuracy. We really did well in defence and the contested side of the game. Just got to keep working on tidying up the forward entries. Loved May’s job on Curnow. And some of the young defenders did a great job. Rivers McVee and Bowey. Have Tomlinson although he was well beaten helped free up Lever. But we aren’t going to face 2 key forwards of that quality every week.
Can’t see us beating the pies next week.

Hun going with the Fritsch is Selfish thing again. Good opportunity for the club to get around him and knock it on the head.

I reckon it affected him last year, I'd love Goody to come out and absolutely whack them over this.

Do they even see the rest of our team kick for goal? Why would he pass it?

I reckon it affected him last year, I'd love Goody to come out and absolutely whack them over this.

Do they even see the rest of our team kick for goal? Why would he pass it?
Reckon it's the reason we lost the second Dogs game. There was a moment where he had a clear shot at goal near the end and he tried to joe the goose it to ANB and it got spoiled.

Going to do a little footy math.
  • Pies kicked 13.7 against the blues and the blues kicked 7.15. This means that the blues had 8 more scoring shots against the pies than against us (in fact they had more scoring shots than the pies).
  • Had the pies kicked like we did against the blues, they would have kicked 7.13 and lost by two points on the proviso that the turn around in score didn't affect the blues end score. The pies had one less scoring shot for than us, and the blues had 8 less against us compared to the pies.
  • Had the blues kicked 15.7 instead the pies lose by 12 points. However if the blues kicked 8.6 instead of 6.8 against us they still lose by 7 points.
  • Conversely, had we kick as accurately as the pies did against the blues we would have come out as 42 point winners.
The conclusion:
If the pies kick like we did against the blues, we are a 15 point better team. On the other hand if our accuracy when kicking improves to what it was earlier in the year and matches what the pies did against the blues, we are a 14 point better team. And the stats also seem to point to us probably having 7 more scoring shots for and they will have 1 less.

So based on my footy math, it is statistically impossible for us to lose against the pies based on how each team performed against the blues.

Topkent feel free to post this in the lab for further examination. If the funding hasn't run out that is.

However, I think all can see this is flawless, irrefutable reasoning.

My prediction: Melbourne: 12.12 84 Collingwood: 11.5 71

Last edited:
  • Pies kicked 13.7 against the blues and the blues kicked 7.15. This means that the blues had 8 more scoring shots against the pies than against us (in fact they had more scoring shots than the pies).
  • Had the pies kicked like we did against the blues, they would have kicked 7.13 and only won by two points on the proviso that the turn around in score didn't affect the blues end score. The pies had one less scoring shot for than us, and the blues had 8 less against us compared to the pies.
  • Had the blues kicked 15.7 instead the pies lose by 12 points. However if the blues kicked 8.6 instead of 6.8 against us they still lose by 7 points.
  • Conversely, had we kick as accurately as the pies did against the blues we would have come out as 42 point winners.
The conclusion:
If the pies kick like we did against the blues, we are a 15 point better team. On the other hand if our accuracy when kicking improves to what it was earlier in the year and matches what the pies did against the blues, we are a 14 point better team. And the stats also seem to point to us probably having 7 more scoring shots for and they will have 1 less.

So based on my footy math, it is statistically impossible for us to lose against the pies based on how each team performed against the blues.

Topkent feel free to post this in the lab for further examination. If the funding hasn't run out that is.

👀

• Had the pies kicked like we did against the blues, they would have kicked 7.13 and only won by two points on the proviso that the turn around in score didn't affect the blues end score. The pies had one less scoring shot for than us, and the blues had 8 less against us compared to the pies.
The conclusion:

In your first scenario Carlton would have won, not Collingwood.

In your first scenario Carlton would have won, not Collingwood.
Sir, you have a point. Had the margin around the wrong way.

Even more flawless than I thought!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v the Despicable Carlton Cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back