What is it about Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

raffrox said:
Nice try at a decent discussion Kenny but not too much more than d$ckhead responses and trolls from most in this thread.

There is a valid and accurate response earlier in the thread.

Freo pay over the market value for players, and give them plenty of slack when they don't perform. It's a no brainer for a West Australian wanting to return home.

Jabber said:
There is a valid and accurate response earlier in the thread.

Freo pay over the market value for players, and give them plenty of slack when they don't perform. It's a no brainer for a West Australian wanting to return home.

Since these players started returning to Fremantle (where they belong) Fremantle have improved to finish 3rd this season. Most of those players on that list have been influential in Freo achieving this. So which is it - have they improved Freo' list or not?

Kenny_01 said:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20489393%255E19742,00.html

So Matthew Moody wants to play for Freo now too.

He follows the following players in recent seasons who have asked to be traded to Freo:

Josh Carr
Heath Black
Luke McPharlin
Jeff Farmer
Des Headland
Peter Bell
Matthew Carr

So serious question... what is it about Freo that makes so many players want to 'return home' and play for them? Correct me if I am wrong but this is far more than and any other club... and they aren't duds trying to get a game, they are all name players including 3 premiership players and another grand finalist.

its the money , Schwab has a way of cheating the salary cap and the league in their infinite wisdom let it go

Beware the Hammo article...filled with speculation and without a quote in sight. Wouldn't be surprised if he went back. Although it does make me wonder whether Brisbane actually do have a disadvantage with retention of of players....hmmm:p.

Isn't Black's wife a West Aussie and it was her homesickness more than anything that made him ask for a trade. Didn't he leave originally to go home to Vic, and then went back because of the wife?

I just recall something about his wife being homesick while he was with the Saints, that's all.

That's right WackedYak. However, when he asked to come back to WA he was very specific that he only wanted to play for Freo, and not to bother dealing with WCE cos he wouldn't play for them. Not a troll. Just how it was.

back pocket said:
Since these players started returning to Fremantle (where they belong) Fremantle have improved to finish 3rd this season. Most of those players on that list have been influential in Freo achieving this. So which is it - have they improved Freo' list or not?

These players were returning long before Fremantle 'improved'.

You can thank a Victorian assistant coach for your finish this season.

Zeke said:
They can lose and still get clapped off the field.

What other supporter base offers such an attractive incentive?

The ones that don't follow the black and white team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheWackedYak said:
Isn't Black's wife a West Aussie and it was her homesickness more than anything that made him ask for a trade. Didn't he leave originally to go home to Vic, and then went back because of the wife?

I just recall something about his wife being homesick while he was with the Saints, that's all.

Almost!!! Yes she is from WA, but she is not the reason black returned, when he was here the first time he enrolled his children into one of the many beautiful private schools so when they were old enough they would return, it was all set out that he would return before he signed for the Saints.

and who the **** would want to play for the Eagles anyway???

The Joker said:
Almost!!! Yes she is from WA, but she is not the reason black returned, when he was here the first time he enrolled his children into one of the many beautiful private schools so when they were old enough they would return, it was all set out that he would return before he signed for the Saints.

and who the **** would want to play for the Eagles anyway???

Exactly, who would want to play for the Eagles. Everyone wants to play for the Dockers

McLeod - Multiple AA. Duel Norm Smith. 2 Premierships
Clement - Dual AA. B & F
Holland - 2nd B & F
McPhee - AA. B & F
White - AA. B & F
Matera - Dual AA. 4 x leading goal kicker
Simmons - Richmond #1 ruck
Croad - AA

And I'm sure these guys are spewing you traded their draft picks off;

Hodge - B& F
Mitchell - NAB Star
Lloyd - 5 x AA. 3 x Coleman. 1 Premiership. 9 x Ess leading goalkicker.
Lucas - B & F. Leading goal kicker
Power - AA. 3 x premierships
Ottens - AA
King - AA. 2 x B & F.

McLeod - gun but aging and we never had him anyway
Clement - gun but aging
Holland - wouldnt get a game
McPhee - has fallen off
White - sandilands >> white
Matera - gone
Simmons - sandilands >>> simmonds
Croad - average to good player, but probably wouldnt get many games with mj, mcpharlin and pav around

And I'm sure these guys are spewing you traded their draft picks off;

Hodge -gun
Mitchell - good player but limited scope and pace
Lloyd - has played 1 game in 12 months.
Lucas - not as good as our chf
Power - good player
Ottens - dud
King - well past it.

It's funny how they don't sound as good now.

Remove this Banner Ad

What is it about Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back