What is Johncock worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you actually seen Thomson play? He is going to be a star. That is more than you can say about the chubby drunk that is Johncock.

The_Trav change your name to the FOOL.
Johncock made the All Stars team and is a walk up start to any AFL team, Thompson can't make Ports best 22, that is, isn't deemed good enough to make the best 22 of a team that ended up 13th.

Now stop using Daddys login and go and play with some dolls idiot!!

People please stop including Thomson in these trade ideas. He's going to be a delistee in a month. Has very close to no value at all on the trade market. I really doubt anyone would pick him up as a late ND pick or PS pick, where he will be basically free.

Johncock is worth Pick 4-12 for a team that requires the services of a rebounding 'defender'. We don't. Would much rather keep Surjan/Thomas/whoever is on our list and groom them for the role that Johncock plays then trade away our first rounder. If he wanted to come to us, Pick 4 is off limits.

Oh, and as for Thomson having no trade value, I'd be willing to wager he has more value then McGregor and Jericho. Then again, I would expect comments like that from Crows supporters, who support a team that wasn't prepared to do the hard stuff like Thomilf does in their final against Collingwood!

Johncock is worth Pick 4-12 for a team that requires the services of a rebounding 'defender'. We don't. Would much rather keep Surjan/Thomas/whoever is on our list and groom them for the role that Johncock plays then trade away our first rounder. If he wanted to come to us, Pick 4 is off limits.

Oh, and as for Thomson having no trade value, I'd be willing to wager he has more value then McGregor and Jericho. Then again, I would expect comments like that from Crows supporters, who support a team that wasn't prepared to do the hard stuff like Thomilf does in their final against Collingwood!

Mate, Jericho and McGregor have no trade value either. They will both be delisted as soon as trade week is over. Its just a formality.

Ive seen Thomson at least 10 times for Sturt this year. This is proof your coach and club simply dont rate him or his hard stuff. He's an outer fringe player in your worst ever year. Thems the facts.

FWIW, I dont have any expectation of getting a first rouder for Johncock, never mind pick 4. He dosnt take his fitness or football seriously enough to ever play a leading role in an AFL team. Its going to get harder and harder for him to even play the cameo roles if he keeps smoking and turning up fat after preseason. I'd image 2-3 more seasons at best if he doesnt improve his approach to his football.

Now that I agree with.

I think Stiffy is probably worth pick 10-15; unless a club was desperate for his services. Definitely not worth a top 5 pick, but the 'third rounder and thommo' stuff is just crap.

I'd be willing to offer Thommo and our 2nd rounder if it weren't for the off field issues and the fact that he was dropped this year and had lost confidence. He has a ton of talent and is proven.

Are you kidding me??? Thomson is going to be a very good AFL midfielder, thats more than Johncock could ever dream of being.

Have you actually seen Thomson play? He is going to be a star. That is more than you can say about the chubby drunk that is Johncock.

Seriously mate? Tell me how it is that a fit Thomson can hardly get a gig with the 13th ranked side, even when they've put half their side out to the pastures and were gifting games to practically anyone who had a pair of boots?

Now lets look at Johncock, who since his debut in round 1 of his first season on a list, was dropped for the 2nd time ever during this year. The only other times he's missed matches is through injury. The bloke is easily in our top 10 best players, just happened to have a poor 2nd half of the season (Was in AA calculation in the first half of the year and played in the Dream Team game).

Stiffy is contracted for another year and I highly doubt hes going anywhere, these rumours about a move to Port have been going round ever since we drafted him pretty much, but if he were, we'd hold all the cards and he'd be going for nothing less than a mid ranged first rounder, possibly more. Couldn't give a rats about Thomson, tough nut inside mid, nothing we don't really have, whereas Stiffy is an instant replacement as our premier rebounding small defender, who, when he regains his form next year will be an AA rep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would the Crows want Thompson?
They arent gonna trade for the sake of trading when he wouldnt get a game in their team.

And unless Johncock gets his shit together in 3 years he wont be playing afl footy anyway. The guy drinks like a uni student, and if you ever seen him around smokes like a train.

I see now.

You hate the Crows, and have nothing of value to contribute.

I agree with The_Trav. Thomson has been a very good player with Sturt this year and I'm perplexed that he doesnt have a regular spot with the Power. I'd like to get him with the Josh Carr trade so back off everyone else. On to Johncock. He has had a very poor year and is definately not worth a 1st round pick, maybe he might be worth a late, late 2nd round, or as a straight swap for P.Burgoyne who has a similar year. Both of these two players are worth far more to their own clubs than to others, and both need to have a good year next year or they can kiss the careers goodbye

I agree with The_Trav. Thomson has been a very good player with Sturt this year and I'm perplexed that he doesnt have a regular spot with the Power. I'd like to get him with the Josh Carr trade so back off everyone else. On to Johncock. He has had a very poor year and is definately not worth a 1st round pick, maybe he might be worth a late, late 2nd round, or as a straight swap for P.Burgoyne who has a similar year. Both of these two players are worth far more to their own clubs than to others, and both need to have a good year next year or they can kiss the careers goodbye

Good for you.

Brant Chambers is killing is for Sturt as well; do you want him too?

The Crows could do with Chambo but am happy to see him stay.

Has anybody slating Thomson actually seen him play in the SANFL? Have they spoken to any of the fans who have seen him regularly, both Sturt and opposition? There's a reason why he is highly rated around the SANFL.

When Edwards, Mcloed and Goodwin retire in the next 2 seasons who's going to take over? van Berlo is soft and disappears during games. The less said about Knights and Douglas the better. Dangerfield has big wraps on him but we've seen nothing to prove it yet. Jacky is rubbish. Mackay's not bad and Thompson is a good footballer.

Why Thomson never got a decent run in the Power side is unknown. All season it was known they're soft yet Choco didn't want to fix it. I personally don't mind too much though. If he's not playing for Port he's playing for Sturt. With a decent run in the AFL Thomson will become AFL quality. I'm sure there are a number of clubs who'd be happy to sign him.

Graeme Johncock has done all he's going to do in the AFL. There's nothing more to him than what we've already seen. His off field problems have been known and it has effected his footy. When he started out he did look a decent prospect but somewhere along the way he got lost. Maybe he just peaked early, maybe Craig's boring Sydney like tactics restrict his impact on games, maybe he's just fat and a drunk.

And your right, I don't like the Crows. I don't like the Power either

Johncock to Port Adelaide?

I think the Graham Johncock will be at Port Adelaide next year.

[FONT=&quot]Essendon[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Pick 23 For Port Adelaide Adam Thompson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Port Adelaide[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Pick 23 For Adelaide Graham Johncock[/FONT]

Re: Johncock to Port Adelaide?

I think the Graham Johncock will be at Port Adelaide next year.

[FONT=&quot]Essendon[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Pick 23 For Port Adelaide Adam Thompson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Port Adelaide[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Pick 23 For Adelaide Graham Johncock[/FONT]

There is no way Johncock will go at Pick 23

Firstly if Essendon gave up pick 23 for Thompson they have no idea, then if we accept that for Johncock then we have even less.

would this work?

kangaroos: pick 28 to port (?) for adam thomson
port: pick 22 and pick 28 to crows for johncock (and maybe pick 43)

Remove this Banner Ad

What is Johncock worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back