What is the pass mark for Collingwood 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

until they get a decent someone else down forward that is coordinated, to help out the Cloke, & Buckley updates mick malthouse's game plan otherwise they will only keep going down

Short of significant injuries it's either top 4 or a serious look at the coach. Failing to make the 8 should be curtains the day after the last round. I think we've traded away a flag chance this year but the list has a top 22 or so. It's all about the unity among the playing group. It will all be apparent pretty early on.

G2rBbly.jpg

Oh boy :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short of significant injuries it's either top 4 or a serious look at the coach. Failing to make the 8 should be curtains the day after the last round. I think we've traded away a flag chance this year but the list has a top 22 or so. It's all about the unity among the playing group. It will all be apparent pretty early on.

I dont think we have done anything of the sort. Both Shaw and Thomas are replaceable with ready made players traded in, coming back from injury, or developing through the ranks. I'm not saying we'll win the flag (because we wont) but its a furphy that we have traded it away. The experience of Young Toovey and White (all premiership players) will make an immediate impact. Add Adams and get another season into our youngsters (especially in ruck) and anything is possible.

I think us fans can expect improvement on last year (injuries permitting), I'm far from convinced about Bucleys coaching ability though, IMO of we have a decent injury run and we don't improve we should part ways with Bucks, To much talent in this team to be also rans IMO.

Seems as though expectations for the Pies have been lowered after many saw them as a dynasty in creation in 2011.

There is nothing wrong with replenishing.

Hawthorn were widely touted as having a dynasty after 2008.

How did that go? They then set about a list replenishment in 2009/10 and altered their premiership side drastically. It is what exactly what Coll is doing now.

As it sits now, Coll are ranked 13 league wide in terms of age. They sit 5th however in terms of games played. They are beautifully setup for the next few years.

There is nothing wrong with replenishing.

Hawthorn were widely touted as having a dynasty after 2008.

How did that go? They then set about a list replenishment in 2009/10 and altered their premiership side drastically. It is what exactly what Coll is doing now.
Sure but Hawks fans after 08 continued to think that they had a massive flag shot, and they've been proven right. Collingwood fans were very arrogant about where there list was at even at the end of last season and it seems that they're beginning to realise that Buckley isn't having a positive effect on the team.

Sure but Hawks fans after 08 continued to think that they had a massive flag shot, and they've been proven right

They didn't make the finals in 2009 & were thrashed in the first week of September in 2010. At this time, no Hawthorn supporter, how arrogant they were perceived as being, thought they were a massive flag shot.

Even in 2011, they were clearly a notch below Geel/Coll.

Their window only re-opened in 2012 after they had made drastic changes to their best 22.

They didn't make the finals in 2009 & were thrashed in the first week of September in 2010. At this time, no Hawthorn supporter, how arrogant they were perceived as being, thought they were a massive flag shot.
They had a bad year in 2009 and in 2010 they were once again off the mark, my point was there was still a belief in the list (and why wouldn't you believe in Hodge, Roughead, Franklin, Mitchell etc getting the job done again) to get back there.

Heath Shaw is a significant loss. Dale Thomas didnt have much impact last year. Players "moved on" include Didak and Jolly, who are the equivalent to the Geelong players who were let go.... well past their best. The Herald article distorts a lot of the issues. The 6 first round draft picks who we have got in the last 2 years include a player who didnt play last year and another who didnt show much last year. It's sexy to go on about 6 first rounders but they arent all playing elite football at the moment. It might take a couple of years to get there..... if we're lucky.

So I'm saying that the players losses havent been that great...but the gains havent been extraordinary. We are likely to be competitive next year and the rest will depend on injuries and how the new boys develop...

They had a bad year in 2009 and in 2010 they were once again off the mark, my point was there was still a belief in the list (and why wouldn't you believe in Hodge, Roughead, Franklin, Mitchell etc getting the job done again) to get back there.

If they had a belief in their list they wouldn't have made drastic changes like they did in these years.

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the pass mark for Collingwood 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back