What Is Your Expectation for 2024?

What Is Your Expectation For 2024?

• Top 6

• Middle 6

• Bottom 6

• No Ceiling

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think too many have too much expectation on Lynch. He is a good player but he is not a God or Wayne Carey like some seem to promote.
Just wanted to address this part of your post. I don't think anyone thinks Lynch is god in terms of playing ability but more so it's the flow on effect he has when he is on the field.

He takes the best defender and often gets double or triple teamed because teams knew we would just bomb it into him.
Which will free up others.

He gives us a more competitive option on plays that go long down the line. Which means we can have more players at the fall of the ball.

I think it's too one dimensional to think Lynch is going to put us on his shoulders and carry us to victory. But just him being on the field enables a lot of extra levers we can pull.

Listening and reading experts, media and mugs opinions, there is one common theme….

17 teams will improve through canny trading and drafting, maturing of youth as well as organic improvement

One team (us), is gonna slide due to retirements, ageing stars/list and speculative trading and drafts…..

I think we will struggle:
  • Midfield needs an injection of youth and speed.
  • Our kicking skills are below average.
  • Older players on their last legs.
Not sure how our fans will handle it if we have another poor year, reckon there will be a few whipping boys each week and our youth will be called useless by impatient supporters.
I created a whipping boy thread

Realistically, we're a middle six side this year on paper and on last year's showing, but I'm optimistic we could contend with the top-6.

The vast majority of the AFL world - our own supporters included - underestimate just how poorly our midfield functioned last year. It'd take a seriously long post to fully outline the numerous reasons behind that, but from my perspective, even just a small improvement in each area can bring some really significant gains both forward and back of centre.

Hopefully we've got a new coaching team who can bring those improvements sooner rather than later, because if so, with a bit of luck with injuries to key players and veterans there's really no reason we couldn't make a serious bid for September again.

Gonna win it all and put whole AFL, media and oppo fans in a complete meltdown

View attachment 1869827
Agree 100%

Itati Cantoral Netflix GIF by México

I don't think my words from earlier have been properly considered.

So ill say it again in short form.

We are in big trouble.
You know what you're right.
Alright everyone, pack it up for 2024. It's over.

No one can foresee the 2024 new coach is Lynch going to be ok will kozy be any good are some of our older players lifting their game and most importantly is the younger brigade going to show anything? For me, We will be down with the bottom six as what I have seen from the younger brigade has not inspired me. Then again when I had that dream in 2016 that we would win the 2017 flag I didn't believe it would happen so things can change and hopefully it will once again. I also look at other teams even Collingwood and there is nothing special there so chances for another team to come through the ranks is there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will win the wooden spoon in 2024?​

West Coast
56 %

North Melbourne
15 %

Richmond
8 %

Fremantle
6 %

Hawthorn
4 %

Western Bulldogs
2 %

Gold Coast
1 %

Essendon
0.5 %

Other
0.3 %

1254 votes - I reckon people are voting based on the end of Hardwick, rather than the start of Yze...

Who will win the wooden spoon in 2024?​

West Coast
56 %

North Melbourne
15 %

Richmond
8 %

Fremantle
6 %

Hawthorn
4 %

Western Bulldogs
2 %

Gold Coast
1 %

Essendon
0.5 %

Other
0.3 %

1254 votes - I reckon people are voting based on the end of Hardwick, rather than the start of Yze...
**** the noise. People underrated us during our premierships, they're certainly not going to rate us now.

One of about 9 teams fighting for last 2 spots in the 8. Finish anywhere between 7th and 15th. Finals would be great but only thing that matters is games and improvement for our younger players.
I like to say we are one of 18 teams fighting for one of the 8 spots in the eight.

Amazing how quickly some Richmond supporters throw in the towel, 2 pts off 5th spot with 5 games to go we were in 2023 but a large quantity always look at the final 5 games and make their predictions from that, either that or they swallow every single negative article and comments from the media and brainwash themselves into the ground.

Same Richmond fans who i guess had us earmarked for bottom 2 leading into the 2017 season with only 4 decent players on the list.

We are going to shock a lot of people in 2024 including a lot of the Richmond nellies.

I don't think my words from earlier have been properly considered.

So ill say it again in short form.

We are in big trouble.
will struggle in the regular season, but win the nib cup

Remove this Banner Ad

What Is Your Expectation for 2024?

Back