What Is Your Expectation for 2024?

What Is Your Expectation For 2024?

• Top 6

• Middle 6

• Bottom 6

• No Ceiling

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a fascinating path ahead. Last time we finished 13th we won flag so anything is possible. Pies success under Macrae reinforces that. My head says we have to endure pain and finish bottom 3 in 2024 to get the quality picks in a draft year where we have a strong hand. Dusty and Cotch type quality is required to build our next dynasty and you get that quality as a big consolation of a poor season as we experienced in 07 + 09. On paper we have some exciting raw talent to run with a few elites. And an enthusiastic new coaching group so legitimately bottoming out will be hard, unless we get hit hard by injuries. I expect we'll end up 14-15th with 8-9 wins, including a big scalp or two. % around low 90s

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have no expectations whatsoever
Have no idea what will happen in 2024
Have genuine excitement and anticipation
In the unknown and the mysterious
Literally anything could happen next year
Absolutely anything

I'll let you know after the pracctice matches against the Go Deez and Flagpies.
I'm the opposite, especially after last year, practice matches are not a reliable indicator on what proper in-season form would look like.
It will be interesting to see how we show up against Good Coast.

i expect that humanity will seek to fill the emptiness within our tortured natureless souls with hideous levels of consumption and policing each other on what words we use while the eye atop the pyramid throws burner child dreno parties

oh you meant the tiges?

meh its afl not excited

Feel like this season is a stress free, have a free crack at a new era type deal.
Not expecting very much at all, think we will get some touch ups but also produce some rippers along the way.
Think the unknown is exciting, and I can see us being that real campaigner of a team you don’t want to play, because you’ll never know which one will turn up!

Feel like this season is a stress free, have a free crack at a new era type deal.
Not expecting very much at all, think we will get some touch ups but also produce some rippers along the way.
Think the unknown is exciting, and I can see us being that real campaigner of a team you don’t want to play, because you’ll never know which one will turn up!
cosmo-kramer-head-nod.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5-8 is my expectation. 3-4th if I’m super optimistic. Our midfield will be top 4 quality this year. I’m just worried about down back, we have no good defenders coming through and apart from Short, Balta, Rioli everybody else looks cooked or almost cooked. Valstuin and broad will hit the cliffs this year or next.

5-8 is my expectation. 3-4th if I’m super optimistic. Our midfield will be top 4 quality this year. I’m just worried about down back, we have no good defenders coming through and apart from Short, Balta, Rioli everybody else looks cooked or almost cooked. Valstuin and broad will hit the cliffs this year or next.
What! Our defence shapes as our strength imo. Not happy with Tyler Young? If he keeps improving as he has, he will be our Astbury. Gibcus showed more than enough, Baker, Rioli, Short, Balta? All very good defenders and I reckon you’re dead wrong about Vlastuin and Broad. Both very professional in the way they play and prepare.
More upfield pressure will surely be applied next year as it was almost non existent this past year. That also helps out our defenders.

What! Our defence shapes as our strength imo. Not happy with Tyler Young? If he keeps improving as he has, he will be our Astbury. Gibcus showed more than enough, Baker, Rioli, Short, Balta? All very good defenders and I reckon you’re dead wrong about Vlastuin and Broad. Both very professional in the way they play and prepare.
More upfield pressure will surely be applied next year as it was almost non existent this past year. That also helps out our defenders.

If Ooze can get the midfield to function then we'll be a much better team. Dimma and Mini couldn't make a turbocharged engine get out of second gear.

Forward line is the issue. But better entry and players stepping up it'll be good. And Lynch will be all food in the 2nd half of the season.

Lot to come together, but I'm seeing a glass much more 1/2 full than empty

Young is good but not a star. Jury is out on Gibcus coming back from injury. Even if they are in can we be a finals team if they are the main men down back? No way.

Take Rioli and short out and we have a bottom 4 defence in the league.

If Ooze can get the midfield to function then we'll be a much better team. Dimma and Mini couldn't make a turbocharged engine get out of second gear.

Forward line is the issue. But better entry and players stepping up it'll be good. And Lynch will be all food in the 2nd half of the season.

Lot to come together, but I'm seeing a glass much more 1/2 full than empty

Kozzie will be great. If lynch goes down again we won’t make finals but fully fit we have a finals quality forward line imo.

Kozzie will be great. If lynch goes down again we won’t make finals but fully fit we have a finals quality forward line imo.

Forward line is interesting. Without Lynch if we can play to a system and Kozi and Ryan can play the 2 main roles well, with Bauer holding the 3rd tall we should be fine.

Of course the bug lunch turbo charges that.

Last season our forward line seemed to be left all at sea. How much of that is coaching and how much poor players? i reckon I'll wait a few games before making up my mind.

Young is good but not a star. Jury is out on Gibcus coming back from injury. Even if they are in can we be a finals team if they are the main men down back? No way.

Take Rioli and short out and we have a bottom 4 defence in the league.
That’s the definition of a glass half empty response, they’re (our defenders) much better than you’re making out imo.

That’s the definition of a glass half empty response, they’re (our defenders) much better than you’re making out imo.

I’m generally a pretty optimistic guy, but the last 3 seasons have proven we aren’t as good as we think we are. I just don’t want to be those types of supporters who think their young players are the next big thing. Geelong supporters in regards to SDK and Holmes being the best players in the league in a few years make me sick.

This season is truly a free hit. Am I expecting us to be a contender? No, but I truly believe we still can be a solid side at our best.

Maybe we do push for finals, great. If not, we finish closer to the bottom and get a great draft pick and are able to rebuild fully one again.

Everything will depend on the kids we currently have and I have a lot of belief in them to be able to push us to be competitive again. We're on a good spot, let's enjoy the ride.

Just tank the year in 2024
  • Get pick #1
  • Get pick #2 for jack graham after he wins the Jack Dyer medal and Crow / Port / Norf /Dawks throw sheet load of cash at him
  • Get pick # 36 for Macca and send him to the eagles

Trade the later picks for another 2 1st rounders and take 4 1st round picks to the draft

1 year of pain for long term gain

My expectation is really based on
  • Dimma was checked out and lost the plot as coach (team under performed)
  • Mini just did what Dimma did, and got the same results
  • Injuries crueled us - especially Lynch and not ready young KPFs
  • Ooze says stuff I like and agree with (if he says what I think then he must be a genius!!)
  • Long term injured players are coming back.
  • We are potentially much better than how we have performed in the last couple of years (Dimma checked out)

So I see glass half full, and one that has more being poured in
f0067235-800px-wm.jpg

But I could just be full of it.

overconfidence-bias.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

What Is Your Expectation for 2024?

Back