What Is Your Expectation For 2024?

• Top 6

• Middle 6

• Bottom 6

• No Ceiling

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 8.....would be great!

Depends on how much the game plan is tweaked & list being as fit & healthy as possible

I like to say we are one of 18 teams fighting for one of the 8 spots in the eight.

Amazing how quickly some Richmond supporters throw in the towel, 2 pts off 5th spot with 5 games to go we were in 2023 but a large quantity always look at the final 5 games and make their predictions from that, either that or they swallow every single negative article and comments from the media and brainwash themselves into the ground.

Same Richmond fans who i guess had us earmarked for bottom 2 leading into the 2017 season with only 4 decent players on the list.

We are going to shock a lot of people in 2024 including a lot of the Richmond nellies.
I don’t think Richmond supporters are throwing in the towel. The thread is about expectations for 2024. I was stating that I think we are a 7th to 8th side at best. We are in a rebuild phase, not total rebuild and thus not likely to figure at the very pointy end of the season. Does not mean we are hopeless and without any chance. Things can turn quickly. Fingers crossed and fully behind our partial rebuild strategy.

I don’t think Richmond supporters are throwing in the towel. The thread is about expectations for 2024. I was stating that I think we are a 7th to 8th side at best. We are in a rebuild phase, not total rebuild and thus not likely to figure at the very pointy end of the season. Does not mean we are hopeless and without any chance. Things can turn quickly. Fingers crossed and fully behind our partial rebuild strategy

Every single team rebuilds every single year. it's called trading and drafting, every team does it.

When you use the word rebuild, what are you rebuilding back too. NM apparently are rebuilding, rebuilding from what, bottom 2 finishes, are they rebuilding back to that. It's a shit word used by pessimistic types.

My expectation is we will make finals, where in the eight who knows but we will make it and for arguments sake lets say 1st.

Every single team rebuilds every single year. it's called trading and drafting, every team does it.

When you use the word rebuild, what are you rebuilding back too. NM apparently are rebuilding, rebuilding from what, bottom 2 finishes, are they rebuilding back to that. It's a s**t word used by pessimistic types.

My expectation is we will make finals, where in the eight who knows but we will make it and for arguments sake lets say 1st.
Rebuilding back to a premiership contention team. I’m not pessimistic. I am a realist and I just don’t see us in the premiership window now. I don’t know what your issue is for the thread asks for our expectations. Given your expectations and mine are not the same is okay. Cool your heels.

Last edited:
Its really hard to say - on paper we still have what I believe is a very good side, but that means **** all if the wheels fall off during the season.

We genuinely have 15 or so guys on our list that are 2-3-4 preseasons in and how many of them come on will determine how our season goes. Im talking guys like Clarke, Bauer, Brown, Banks, Gibcus, Dow, Ross, Ryan, Young, Sonsie, Cumberland, Cambell, Coulthard, Mjr, Kosi and HRS.(Havent mentioned several others like Miller, McAuliffe, Smith and Tresize!! who will also get a run at stages).

If the majority were first or second year players you'd say buckle up for a year or two of pain, but lots of these guys have been in the system long enough now to come on quickly if theyre good enough especially with the core we have out there to protect them and offer leadership. So in actual fact, the no ceiling comment rings very true for our current position - it could be anything. Very quick bounce, or a big fall if most of the above guys put in average performances or are proven to not be up to the level.

For me Im tipping we'll play finals - expect 6-10 of those guys to be in our best 23 this year. I'll make a call - Clarke, Banks, Brown, Gibcus, Young, Cumberland, Dow, Ryan, Kosi will all continue to come on. Campbell is my smoky, could be anything

Last edited:
going to be an interesting season that's for sure.
if I were to be realistic I'd say 12th to 8th.
we need unity and some development real fast.

is that royal we

Queen Elizabeth GIF
31-312111_smiley-lol-emoticon-laughter-clip-art-laughing-smiley.jpg

If players stay fit
The new game plan starts working
The players believe

We are as good as anyone. So the sky is the limit. (If the Pies can win in 2023 we can win in 2024 - no seriously good teams atm)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If players stay fit
The new game plan starts working
The players believe

We are as good as anyone. So the sky is the limit. (If the Pies can win in 2023 we can win in 2024 - no seriously good teams atm)
I agree If we get the same umpire treatment

we wont

too corrupt. the truth is gonna come out soon and then they'll all go to gaol for corruption

I agree If we get the same umpire treatment

we wont

too corrupt. the truth is gonna come out soon and then they'll all go to gaol for corruption

Get serious!

If get the same umpire treatment we'll win every game.

You guys have dropped off the pace again. Are you a Big 4 or not? The most hated AFL club survey this week had
1.Coll -24.5%
2.Ess - 14.1%
3.Carl - 14.0%

7.Rich - 4.2%

Games at MCG/Marvel in 2024
Coll - 17
Ess - 17
Carl - 17
Rich - 15

Prime time Fri night slot in 1st 16 Rounds of 2024.
Coll - 4
Carl - 4
Ess - 3
Rich -0

You came out for 5 yrs and disappeared again. No excuse. Essendon and Carlton have been s**thouse for 20 yrs and still stay relevant.
Oh we have carlton fan talking about relevancy! Have fun dude, hope you get to win one, let alone 3 in 4!

You guys have dropped off the pace again. Are you a Big 4 or not? The most hated AFL club survey this week had
1.Coll -24.5%
2.Ess - 14.1%
3.Carl - 14.0%

7.Rich - 4.2%

Games at MCG/Marvel in 2024
Coll - 17
Ess - 17
Carl - 17
Rich - 15

Prime time Fri night slot in 1st 16 Rounds of 2024.
Coll - 4
Carl - 4
Ess - 3
Rich -0

You came out for 5 yrs and disappeared again. No excuse. Essendon and Carlton have been s**thouse for 20 yrs and still stay relevant.
its a typo mums spaghetti

we akshly 420%

If you look at our "range" using the way they group clubs for the fixture we're a typical middle 6 side, 7th - 13th.

Could just make the 8 if things go well, have a good injury run, new gameplan works.

Could just miss the 8 or finish relatively low if we lose key players, new gameplan takes a while to come on, we play more kids.

One thing I've found interesting with a lot of peoples expectations is a lot of them seem to revolve around how players were playing under Hardwick/McQualter in 2023. You see a lot of comments about if this player or that player are still part of the line up in 2024 then we're doomed.

The thing people seem to be overlooking is that there will be changes made to not only the game plan, but also positional changes, where players who were playing in one area may be moved to new positions that better suit their strengths.

I'm not suggesting that these changes will necessarily guarantee improved performances from those players, but at the same time, there are no guarantees that they are going to continue to struggle.

One thing I've found interesting with a lot of peoples expectations is a lot of them seem to revolve around how players were playing under Hardwick/McQualter in 2023. You see a lot of comments about if this player or that player are still part of the line up in 2024 then we're doomed.

The thing people seem to be overlooking is that there will be changes made to not only the game plan, but also positional changes, where players who were playing in one area may be moved to new positions that better suit their strengths.

I'm not suggesting that these changes will necessarily guarantee improved performances from those players, but at the same time, there are no guarantees that they are going to continue to struggle.
And of course the oppo will now have to deal/play against our players rediscovered player strengths...
May catch the oppo off guard who expect to play our players a certain predictable/manageable way...
Interesting times lads...

Back