Opinion What is your favourite mark of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
What is your favourite mark of all time? This thread is NOT for discussion of the best mark of all time, just a place for people to share their favourites.

I’ll start it off with my absolute favourite, due to the crowd atmosphere and the finish.

Last edited:

OIP.rYPYOQz1e9Y-So7ExLCyDQAAAA
OIP.OqYqcvP6Juqy47LI8YuAlgHaEK
OIP.bZ16dUtPx7RcW8WXmgiatgHaLC

Gary Moorcroft over Brad Johnson

Gary Moorcroft over Brad Johnson

In terms of difficulty I mark the Moorcroft mark down a little bit because it was a dinky little up and under kick from Lucas and sort of sat up for him. It's why you had such great marks through the 50's and 60's as they used drop-kicks which spun and sort of hung in the air

Moorcrofts was very spectacular though (he was horizontal !!) but I reckon some of the others more difficult.

(......and now wait for the castigation from Bombers fans :D ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are 3 that I remember from going to the game.
  • Michael Mitchell Mark as above - I was sitting in the crowd at Subiaco for that match as a young Claremont supporter - 1985 I think it was.
  • Luke McPharlin 2005 - Western Derby end of the first half - Freo home game - crowd went nuts I think.
  • Just Longmuir 2005 - vs St Kilda

That Michael Mitchell one but did it actually get paid ??

Biased but also loved Andrew Walkers for the symmetry of it all.
I’ve never seen that footage, unreal.
Is it a mark?

I think it was paid? So it stands.

Who cares that is a bloody beauty never seen that mark before thanks for sharing. :thumbsu:

He literally walks up his back and gets higher
kE7OWd.gif

If Michael Mitchell took this mark in the VFL/AFL instead of the WAFL, it would be remembered as the greatest mark ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back