What midfielder would "walk" into the Geelong team ATM?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. Name some of them though, and let us know which of Bartel, Ablett, Selwood, Corey or Ling that they'd displace, it's not a difficult thread topic to understand.

Maybe you should have asked which Midfielders would walk into Geelongs midfield instead of saying the Geelong team.

thompson
goodwin
hodge
sewell
mitchell
bateman
cooney
griffen
cross
deledio
foley
cotchin
black
power
judd
stevens
murphy
gibbs
didak
stanton
boomer
harris
wells
smith
mclean
jones
cornes
cornes
burgoyne
salopek
hayes
ball
dal santo
goodes

Give it a rest Rockford.

If we had the pick of the league, 6 or 7 cats would stay in the complete team.
Stop dreaming.

While I'm on it though, we'll take Hodge (leader) thanks, you can keep mitchell (passenger).

There would be plenty of midfielders that could make the starting line up in Geelong's midfield. From Essendon Mark McVeigh is a clear option. In terms of skill Ling could easily be replaced by a more capable midfielder. Corey is easily expendable as are Selwood and Lling. Ablett would stay in the best 6 obviously as he is a brilliant player and Bartel can keep his position as he does his job exceptionally well even if his output is down from last year.

Plenty of midfielders that could slot easily into the Geelong team.

Soooo... according to you Geelong fielded 22 midfielders on Friday night? Not one of our players stayed inside either 50m arc.

Listen James Kelly spends more time in the midfield then what Milburn, Hunt, S.Johnson, Stokes, Woji or Varcoe does.

he is a midfielder hell the position HFF is a 50/50 share between Fwd and Mid

Now I'm sure Steve Johnson gets a run in the guts, Selwood will generally start on the bench, although he hasn't the last couple and Ablett started up forward last Friday with Kelly in the middle and I think Joel Corey on the bench.
If I could look at any other players, Black and Mitchell would be my first 2 picks with Hodge 3rd. All of the Cat's midfielders, even though very good with their hands may in some instances be on a par with Black and Mitchell but I'd doubt if any of them are better. Hodge is a different one he is more the Bartel type but is bigger more bullocking, but how could you replace Jimmy, he's a gun, tough, fearless and fantastic over head for a little fella'.
Corey may be the only one you might think of changing and that's only because his disposal isn't as tidy as the rest of them. But he generally gets enough of it to compensate for that.
I can't believe someone mention Rhys Palmer earlier. He can't kick, he knows where to go and how to find it but when he kicks it reminds me of Elaine dancing in Seinfeld.
If you're going to replace one of Geelong's starting midfield, is Paul Chapman one of the options? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha that Cats guy is an idiot. There would be about 30 midfielders who would walk into the Geelong team!

EDIT: for the guy above, if Rhys Palmer was on the Geelong list he would certainly be getting a game.

Give it a rest Rockford.

If we had the pick of the league, 6 or 7 cats would stay in the complete team.
Stop dreaming.

While I'm on it though, we'll take Hodge (leader) thanks, you can keep mitchell (passenger).

Would 4 of them be Ablett, Bartel, Corey and Ling?

I'm not disagreeing that Kelly etc.. is unreplaceable. And obviously if we had pick of the league there's a great deal of players out there more talented then some on our list. If you've got pick of the league to replace Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Ling and Selwood... what's your midfield going to look like?

There would be plenty of midfielders that could make the starting line up in Geelong's midfield. From Essendon Mark McVeigh is a clear option. In terms of skill Ling could easily be replaced by a more capable midfielder. Corey is easily expendable as are Selwood and Lling. Ablett would stay in the best 6 obviously as he is a brilliant player and Bartel can keep his position as he does his job exceptionally well even if his output is down from last year.

Plenty of midfielders that could slot easily into the Geelong team.

Why would you bother with McVeigh, just use Chapman instead. Similar, but I know which one I'd have.

EDIT: for the guy above, if Rhys Palmer was on the Geelong list he would certainly be getting a game.[/quote]

I'd doubt it, there'd be at least one I'd change and perhaps a second but they wouldn't be in positions that Palmer plays in and there's a ready made replacement for one already in Geelong's seconds.

Although give me Aker any day of the week. I was sort of hoping Geelong might give up its number 7 pick last year to get him since we were already getting Tom Hawkins under F/S but as much as I love watching Aker and think he's one of the most exciting players ever, I still wouldn't swap Selwood for him.

Why would you bother with McVeigh, just use Chapman instead. Similar, but I know which one I'd have.
McVeigh is a player from Essendon that would make your teams starting midfield. He is a much better midfielder then Chapman. Much better player actually.
As a unit Geelong's midfield is highly impressive but if you wanted to bring in better players you could replace all of them except for Ablett.

I'd doubt it, there'd be at least one I'd change and perhaps a second but they wouldn't be in positions that Palmer plays in and there's a ready made replacement for one already in Geelong's seconds.

Although give me Aker any day of the week. I was sort of hoping Geelong might give up its number 7 pick last year to get him since we were already getting Tom Hawkins under F/S but as much as I love watching Aker and think he's one of the most exciting players ever, I still wouldn't swap Selwood for him.
Only an idiot would at their respective ages.

If you've got pick of the league to replace Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Ling and Selwood... what's your midfield going to look like?

Ok, just on that bit

Ablett, Bartel, Goodes, Hodge and Judd

Over several threads there is an interesting debate of what midfielder would / could walk into Geelongs team at the moment. I'd suggest that would be a very short list. Excluding ruckman IMO these would be in no particular order;

1. Judd
  2. Kerr
  3. Simon Black
  4. Hodge
  5. Cooney
  6. Goodes
And thats about it.

Cousins.

Hahaha that Cats guy is an idiot. There would be about 30 midfielders who would walk into the Geelong team!

EDIT: for the guy above, if Rhys Palmer was on the Geelong list he would certainly be getting a game.

If you want to refer to me as an idiot, you can do it directly, you pansy. Try reading what I've written and you'll see that we're on the same page. I could find at least 2 midfielders in each side that'd walk into the Cats team. I've read the OP as which midfielders would walk into Geelong's midfield as otherwise the OP is ridiculous. Given the OP is from a West Coast supporter I made the assumption that it wasn't a troll.

what midfielder would / could walk into Geelongs team at the moment.

If you want to refer to me as an idiot, you can do it directly, you pansy. Try reading what I've written and you'll see that we're on the same page. I could find at least 2 midfielders in each side that'd walk into the Cats team. I've read the OP as which midfielders would walk into Geelong's midfield as otherwise the OP is ridiculous. Given the OP is from a West Coast supporter I made the assumption that it wasn't a troll.

1) I couldn't be bothered looking at your name when I went to type my comment. If that makes me a pansy, ok:rolleyes:

2) Also just thought I'd show you that the OP wasn't about which midfielders would walk into Geelong's midfield but their team.

EDIT: I misread what you said there, but now that I know that you misread the OP all is ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

What midfielder would "walk" into the Geelong team ATM?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back